Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

It's Jan 1st and you've already messed up ??

Any tips or advice to prevent a relapse, alternatively any of your stories about your own relapses.
Ten4rubberduckie

Re: It's Jan 1st and you've already messed up ??

Post by Ten4rubberduckie » 02 Jan 2016 17:39

Im only just getting used to how these (threads) work. But I'm hoping making a comment here will highlight this one. I slipped up yesterday. First day of new year (hadn't drank few nights previously though). But I've learnt from it, and not beating myself up. It would be good to hear from anyone else in a similar situation. If so, it's not the end of the world. A great new years resolution and all that, but it's just a number. Having said that, anyone still dry this new year, well done! (::)

pickles
Last Drink Date: 17 Sep 2012

Post by pickles » 02 Jan 2016 19:45

Hello Ten4 , resolutions are not easy to keep straight away. I , ve already messed up on the chocolate front. I , m intending to start properly on the 4th January, after my daughter is back at school and it's more back to reality.

Why don't you join the dry January thread , just see how you go for this weekend at least , and then maybe on to next week. Usually in the beginning a lot of us take the day at a time help , starting with morning , then afternoon, then evening and keeping busy, hydrated and well fed to ward off cravings.
In my early days I did mess up quite a bit on the new year drinking. So far , this is my 4 th sober new year. It took time , but it's going well so far.

So , dry January or 7 day thread. Whatever you prefer. Hope you have a nice evening.
' Normal ' is just a setting on the washing machine .

pickles
Last Drink Date: 17 Sep 2012

Post by pickles » 02 Jan 2016 19:56

https://www.google.be/search?ie=UTF-8&c ... e+new+year+

See if anything here might help reading.

Hope the link works.
' Normal ' is just a setting on the washing machine .

Ten4rubberduckie

Post by Ten4rubberduckie » 03 Jan 2016 10:32

:\: hi pickles,

Good to hear from you. Some great advise there. I'll check out that link, and the thread. I'll take it a day at a time now. I just need reminding. My mind keeps rushing to the future and saying 'how are you going to keep this up'?!
Well done on your 4th year. ;)? I understand about the reality bit. Start putting into practice more tmw.

paul