Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
silvergirl

Re: Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Post by silvergirl » 09 Jan 2019 07:45

This is day three of no chocolate. :evil: I know it’s best. I mindfully chewed some dried apricots at ‘shoveinthecalories’ time and, well, maybe it helped a little. The scales haven’t shifted though, I’m laughing at ‘4kg in 8 days’ maypole, and think I’m expecting something similar. Will try for 10k steps today but difficult unless I make an effort and frankly I can’t be bothered!

Hey ho. Happy wen’s’dey y’all. <:)>

Sgx

Ps I want pancakes now! :lol:
you can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
~jon kabat-zinn

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb » 09 Jan 2019 09:33

Working at home this afternoon so hoping to sneak in a treadmill session then take dogs out this evening.
I too was expecting a dramatic transformation in these initial AF days but it seems my wine/vodka gut is going to take a bit more effort to shift or at least shrink.
SG my downfall is yoghurt, not the rubbish low fat stuff but great big tubs of thick creamy loveliness

Maypole

Post by Maypole » 09 Jan 2019 10:56

fresh-start wrote:
08 Jan 2019 10:22
https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/is-interm ... mc:7376467

Found this on intermittent fasting. ;)?
Wow, gee thanks Freshie

Maypole

Post by Maypole » 09 Jan 2019 11:02

silvergirl wrote:
09 Jan 2019 07:45
This is day three of no chocolate. :evil: I know it’s best. I mindfully chewed some dried apricots at ‘shoveinthecalories’ time and, well, maybe it helped a little. The scales haven’t shifted though, I’m laughing at ‘4kg in 8 days’ maypole, and think I’m expecting something similar. Will try for 10k steps today but difficult unless I make an effort and frankly I can’t be bothered!

Hey ho. Happy wen’s’dey y’all. <:)>

Sgx

Ps I want pancakes now! :lol:
Oh gosh I hear you silvergirl... mindfully chewing dried apricots gave me a giggle...

I mindlessly inhaled a packet of lollies snakes.... am justifying yo self that giving up wine for 9 days has given me extra sugar cravings that need to be addressed.. should have mindfully popped blueberries and strawberries :shock:

Just not losing any weight at all... sigh. Maybe pouring tablespoons of chilli flakes onto my chicken wasn’t such a good idea either :roll:

So many decisions to be made when not spreadeagled on sofa with wine (liquid lunch)...

Sheila
Last Drink Date: 16 Aug 2018
First Sober Date: 17 Aug 2018

Post by Sheila » 09 Jan 2019 15:14

Hey Silvergirl, maybe we should dust off the Chocolate Challenge thread? ;)

I love chocolate crepes :oops:
#4 on the 2019 Challenge
I drank to get drunk and I no longer need to inflict that on myself.

Ruby&Tilly
Last Drink Date: 13 Apr 2018

Post by Ruby&Tilly » 09 Jan 2019 16:30

Fed up today, I gained weight this morning, that'll be all those flapjacks yesterday and I couldn't resist the peanut butter sandwich today. On the plus side I did a 4 mile walk, that's a lot for me. Still can't persuade myself to go to the gym. (w)

Ruby xx
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
352/12 days - sober/drinking (14 April 2018 - 13 April 2019)

Sandy
Last Drink Date: 21 Aug 2009

Post by Sandy » 10 Jan 2019 05:58

Oh dear ..feeling such failure this week!. I was a glutton with the curry and have not moved my lardy ass from my computer chair.Not sure why I cannot get motivated ?? what is wrong with me. Woke up this morning but just cannot face going to bootcamp! sounds like yourself R&T???
was hoping today will be differrent! :roll:

Welcome sleepy

maypole good to see you here

SG <:)> think I need to buy that fitbit today

Fresh going to look at that link now

Sheila i am going to post on that chocolate thread today ;)?

seismic you do so well with your exercise and 7 days off the booze is brilliant

Right off to look at freshies link!

seismic23

Post by seismic23 » 10 Jan 2019 07:19

Caved to a crave last night. No moderation in booze or eating. However,
18 5. 2lb off. \:)/
Probably 100 syns yesterday, I didn't count. :oops:

Back on it. No desire for drinkies. The dizzy feeling is making me think running is a no go, but I feel okay with my head facing one way, it's when I turn my head that the room spins.

RnT, get to the gym. Even some soft rowing is better than nowt.

Sandy, daylight? I'm often not good in winter due to darkness. Leave for work in the dark, come home in the dark. Getting better now but you're a bit further north than I am? Scotland, aye?
The answer is not to be found at the bottom of a bottle

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb » 10 Jan 2019 08:06

Sandy this is why I bought the treadmill as I just cannot face leaving the house to exercise, especially when it’s so dismal outside.
Seismic get your fresh crepes on and get back on it! I’ve read some of your posts in the past and your fitness regime impresses (and I must say intimidates me!!) very much

fresh-start
Last Drink Date: 15 Jun 2019

Post by fresh-start » 10 Jan 2019 09:43

Morning Flab Fighters!

A few have had a bad day it seems. I am still off sugar but I've been feeling so hungry that yesterday I caved and had some cheese and crackers (not a lot) and then some tortilla chips (half a bag). Still nothing sweet though.

x
#10 on the 2019 Challenge

seismic23

Post by seismic23 » 10 Jan 2019 20:37

Sleepyb, last 'event' I did was a 1/2 back in Feb 2017. Really slow, 2:23, the sweeper was only a few minutes behind me. That's about when I stopped enjoying it.
I'm visualising events now so a bit more focus. Last nights drinkies was just stupid.
Still vertigo. It's happening if I speak or move jaw. Might be BPPV (loose crystals in the ear)

Sandy
Last Drink Date: 21 Aug 2009

Post by Sandy » 11 Jan 2019 07:32

Is it labyrinthitis seismic

No chocolate or sugar for me today!

seismic23

Post by seismic23 » 11 Jan 2019 18:30

I've had several bouts of labyrinthitis before. Seems odd that jaw movement is affecting it and loud noises. GP booked for a week on Monday. It might have gone by then.
The first time I had it my wife had to get me from work, couldn't stand up without support, no chance of motorbiking home.
A few reoccurrences the following months/year. An old colleague had it and felt it was sometimes stress triggered (but it's a viral condition???). I'm not stressed. Certainly have just had a cold so it links up.

I've had cake but I'm in the syns limit.

45 minute swim too. All crawl *puffs out chest*

Ruby&Tilly

Post by Ruby&Tilly » 11 Jan 2019 22:30

Hi fitties , hope you're all keeping at it. ;)?

I'm doing a bit better the last couple of days, I'm obsessed with my new scales and I've been weighing myself twice a day lol and today I even created a spreadsheet with all my stats (w) seismic, can you explain Syns to me, I'm too mean to join a dieting group but allowing yourself the odd treat sounds like a good idea. Weigh in Monday, I'm hoping for a kg a week. ;)?

Still can't get to the gym but my 3 mile walks are turning into 4 and 5 miles, so a little progress.

Ruby xx

Maypole

Post by Maypole » 12 Jan 2019 10:36

You sound very positive Ruby... Myabe if I get some new scales I will get some inspiration to stop eating so much.. only day 12 in my sobriety though and I’m drinking lots of water but just overeating a lot...

MaybeI will just start my diet as at day 15 which is 2 full weeks under my belt not drinking... just ade me feel very depressed today.

I wish I wasn’t so emotional all the time...

seismic23

Post by seismic23 » 12 Jan 2019 17:05

A slimming world consultant will allow you 5-15 syns daily (they spell it with a y but we all know it's the bad stuff, sins)
As a man or a big man they'll even let you have more, 20-25, dependant on your size.

Many foods are 'free'. Potatoes (not chips, but there is SW chips, not bad), rice, pasta, noodles, eggs, fruit (not dried or juiced) and vegetables.
I'm not a subscriber so my wife's book is now outdated, it's new this year but,,,
Healthy extra A, mostly dairy stuff, cheese is there but a skimpy 30g of most things, you get 1 per day but I think this has changed to 2 (I'm borrowing a colleagues book to see where the changes are)
Healthy extra B, cereals, whole meal bread, nuts. Meant to be 1 but I have 2 (I am exercising on top of it all)

Syns. Bad stuff. 1tsp oil, 2 syns, walnut whip 7.5, the pancake I ate earlier, 2.5, the Xmas cake I ate earlier, 9.5 (a 60g piece, it's pretty tiny). Large beer 13.

In essence your enemies are; fats, sugars, booze.

1kg is 2.2 lb, doable in a week, good luck.

Maypole, <:)> but I'm not a touchy feely person,,,,,

Parkrun today, 1:40 less than last week, probs the 2lb weight loss.

Maypole

Post by Maypole » 12 Jan 2019 18:26

We dont have slimmers world in Australia but weight watchers... but I find the ketogenic .org Atkins diet seems to work better... almost no carbs and mostly protein and fats with non-carb vegetables and NO bread or pasts or rice... and no sugar... plus intermittent fasting.

Mind you, I have not tried ANY Of this yet but will do so starting on Monday - which will be my Day 14 no booze... one can’t do it all at once and I have eaten so much over the Xmas period that i constantly feel bloated and blocked up (w)

Put on another kg in last 3 days too which has made my emotions spiral again.. when I’ve done AF before the weight just fell off me from no calories in the wine. Sigh. Ageing and depression..

JohnC
First Sober Date: 23 Jul 2016

Post by JohnC » 12 Jan 2019 19:37

Hiya Folks

Well I'm back on my static excersise bike after an 8 day break, this time back I'm going to go about it steady and not to keep trying to break a personal best every time I work-out, better to work out everyday steady than stop start stop start methinks

I burnt 309 calories so that'll maybe cancel out a spoonful of Apple pie and custard.
The further away from the last drink we travel the easier it becomes

Ruby&Tilly

Post by Ruby&Tilly » 12 Jan 2019 21:08

Thanks seismic, weighed myself today and lost a kg so I'm quite happy. ;)?

Maypole, The alcohol is the most important, so don't go beating yourself up about your weight in these early days. (::)

75kg

Ruby xx

Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Post by Spats » 12 Jan 2019 23:12

Maypole just follow the basics : 2 thirds of your plate veggies, 1 third protein, minimal carbs throughout the day. Treats restricted, I can send more details of plan to you tomorrow. SW is a good plan, lost 1 stone last year and I wasn’t totally on plan. You can do this, plus I was still drinking a fair bit. That’s what didn’t help - cos then I was eating rubbish occasionally. You can only do your best as and when you can <:)>