Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

The To Do List

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Re: The To Do List

Post by Spats » 12 Mar 2019 06:57

Hoping to go to root’n’fruit this morning/later today, it’s a casual thing though - turn up when you want/can.
Collect meds for me and moggie
Clean kitchen floor (scrape up excess glue from previous flooring) ready for tomorrow
Paperwork
Whatever else turns out to need to be done

Rachel
Last Drink Date: 20 Jul 2012

Post by Rachel » 12 Mar 2019 08:17

Morning. Dull Normandy weather here. 100% chance of precipitation, according to the forecast!

Builder chap comes today/supposedly 20 minutes ago... we hope.

We also hope we can leave him to it and go to the nearest town to do some shopping to take home. He has no English, we have little French and probably not the right vocab.
Danny better too big than too small?!

Last night's film was The Shape of Water.

I hope everyone's day goes well.
Rachel

JohnC
First Sober Date: 23 Jul 2016

Post by JohnC » 12 Mar 2019 09:34

Morning Peeps

Wifey & Me we're off to Birmingham on the train this morning for a wander round, might pop into the odd Wetherspoons, Bills to the stormy weather.

Laters Besties
The further away from the last drink we travel the easier it becomes

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-2030
First Sober Date: 0- 0-2030

Post by DannyD » 12 Mar 2019 22:33

Evening

Hope Birmingham, stayed dry for you John.

Rachel, def too big is better than too small. But I don't think it'll fit until she's 20. She's only a wee dot.

Done
Car is back - another over £100 bill. Gulp.
Last sewing class. The teacher had taken away the first skirt I made, to pin up the hem - and then got carried away and finished it off. Luckily, today I started another skirt - same pattern. By the time I got to class, I'd already gone wrong. However, all has been put right. I need to make this pattern again (that'll be the third time), to get the practice.
Diesel in car.
Lidl shop for sweet stuff. I've eaten a packet of jelly babies - and feel sick.

To do
Bed. Despite the sugar rush, I'm feeling tired.
Start listing things to do and things to pack before Sunday evening. I'm away next week.

G'night.
be selfish in your sobriety.

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 13 Mar 2019 06:36

Morning

I think, because I went to bed on a buzz after the dressmaking class, I had some interesting nice dreams. Pleasant journeys, relaxing happenings. Means I'm waking up feeling relaxed and positive.

To do
It's a two show day.
Make lunch to take with me.
Have a substantial breakfast. May need to go to a wetherspoon for that!
Walk the dog.
And go. Not sure what time I'll be home.

Have a good day y'all.

Spats

Post by Spats » 13 Mar 2019 06:44

Two alarms set although I’m up (awake ;) ) early.
Breakfast
Dishes
Wash and dress
Wait for carpet fitters ( stair carpet and cushion floor for kitchen and bathroom)
Paperwork
S.i.l here this afternoon
Whatever else needs doing

JohnC
First Sober Date: 23 Jul 2016

Post by JohnC » 13 Mar 2019 09:22

Hiya Besties

Thanks Danny, Although Birmingham was torrential rain early on it was a short hop from New St Station into the Briar Rose Wetherspoons pub where we spent a very pleasant 90 mins having breakfast (fresh fruit bowls and teas/coffees) then we ran back into grand central/New St Station to kill another 2 hours, taking teas/coffees sitting at a balcony bistro watching the world go by, then when the rain stopped we went for a walkabout ending up at the figure of eight Wetherspoons where we had dinner, taking the crowded train home rubbing shoulders with the 'workers'

Good news for the car Danny, let's hope you can get some miles out of it before it konks again.

Hiya Spats, that sounds exciting, new carpet and flooring for the kitchen.

Hiya Rachel that's awkward when there's a language barrier between yourself and a workman, let's hope he understands.

I'm home alone today so it's a chance to catch my breath before we're off out again tomorrow, my Wife goes out 7 days a week, I call her "go out gertie" bless.

Hiyas to everyone not posted yet.

Right, porridge awaits.
Have great days Besties.
JC
The further away from the last drink we travel the easier it becomes

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 13 Mar 2019 21:48

Home :) Set off at 11.30 French time, arrived 8.30 English, 30 mins in the supermarket, 20 mins break en route, so quite a long one. Very purry meowy cats.

Left workman continuing with columbage. A bit unnerving leaving it not locked up, but our lovely neighbours will check up on it. Some work needs doing to the roof too. A few thousand's worth in all. Also discovered evidence of mice in one of the bedroom just before I left :( However, they clearly hadn't settled there, so will take wire wool next time to block up holes. I need to borrow one of the feral cats ;)

Calais was a bit of a nightmare. Lorries queued for miles, and they'd blocked most of the entrances to the tunnel terminal so, in the end, we had to drive several kilometers in the wrong direction to find the one way to get to it. This was after pinballing around from one place to another only to find the way blocked, and no suggested alternatives. Very stressful - what should have taken ten minutes took 40 plus the horrid uncertainty. Luckily we did have plenty of time...Seeing the lorry back-up now makes one shudder to think what it would have been like with a no deal. But phew! No no deal! Although of course we don't know what the deal will be. Lorries were backed up for miles on the UK side too.

to done: unpacked car, put fridge food away, find somewhere to put eggs that lovely neighbours gave us (no box), shower,ed changed bedding
to do: go to bed.

Last night was a 4-hourer insomnia job, so hoping that tonight... but aways a bit stressed the night before work after a holiday.
Rachel

Ruby&Tilly
Last Drink Date: 13 Apr 2018

Post by Ruby&Tilly » 13 Mar 2019 23:23

Evening Doers :\:

To do tomorrow:
Weigh-in
Stocked up on stationery today in time for starting my Sociology course tomorrow
Got more leaflets to deliver
Better put a washing on
Chinese stir fry for tea (leftovers)
Read one of the many books I've borrowed from the library
Catch up on BE
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
352/12 days - sober/drinking (14 April 2018 - 13 April 2019)

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 14 Mar 2019 07:05

Morning

Rachel I hope the workmen get in with the work in your abscence. They're probably equally hoping that you'll pay them in your abscence.

R&T weigh in? Who are you with? I keep thinking (sometimes even seriously), about Slimming World.....but then I have a bag of jelly babies and I feel better after the sugar rush.

To done
Late night after a long day at work yesterday.
My legs have been throbbing most of the night (I was standing a lot. Perhaps I SHOULD go to SW. If my legs had less weight to support, they wouldn't feel so bad).

To do
Get up now. I have an 8.45 at work start. Traffic in the morning is slooooow. Walk the dog first?
Work (must remember to take knitting)
Home to let out the dog.
Back to the same part of the city for a murder mystery tea.
And an evening off. Walk the dog then. I did have an evening work shift, but I gave it away - for complicated reasons.

It feels a nicely balanced day, so I'd better start it.

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 14 Mar 2019 08:37

Danny, our lovely neighbours are going to oversee it. They have had some money up front - they don't trust part timers - and will get the rest when the first job is done.

I ate so little when I was away that I'd have thought I would lost some weight. Maybe I have and I just weighed more than I thought before I went. What I did eat, though, was not exactly low calorie. Lots of bread and butter and a few patisserie. They sell boxes of 'petit fours'...
IMG_9525.JPG
IMG_9525.JPG (88.66 KiB) Viewed 235 times
I have brought some back... and pain au chocolat (and lots of cheese, but I don't need to eat that all at once.)

Today I am going to take it as easy as I can, but it may be a bit back in at the deep end, so

work
come home
eat freshly laid eggs from neighbour's chickens - assorted colours.

OH not in a good way today. Was expecting to be asked for an interview, but it doesn't seem to be materializing so he is upset and very doom and gloom.
Rachel

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 14 Mar 2019 13:38

Oh yum. I'm getting fatter just looking at the picture (and nothing to do with the chocolate fest I'm working through).

Off out to a murder mystery cream tea. And THAT has nothing to do with getting fatter either.

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 14 Mar 2019 13:52

You can blame it on me, Danny :)

edit: these are each about 3-4cm (? I could measure one from the box I bought yesterday :) ) across.
Last edited by Rachel on 14 Mar 2019 14:20, edited 2 times in total.
Rachel

Jjjj of Old

Post by Jjjj of Old » 14 Mar 2019 14:06

DannyD wrote:
14 Mar 2019 13:38
Oh yum. I'm getting fatter just looking at the picture (and nothing to do with the chocolate fest I'm working through).

Off out to a murder mystery cream tea. And THAT has nothing to do with getting fatter either.
Yes, the photo does look good! :D And the murder mystery cream tea sounds great, D ;)?

Hellos to all \:)/ I hope everyone's day and to-doing are going well.

Rachel, I hope the return to work goes well, and also that your husband hears good news soon <:)>

To done (since Tuesday):

1) Fully caught up on all the housework, hurrah!
2) Finally caught up on various bits of admin, hurrah again!
3) Broke a guitar string, boo! (It turned out the cog inside one of the machine heads had worn away so I've had to order new machine heads and new strings)
4) Walked the dog (sunshine and showers up here, and blustery too - but not terribly strong winds today)
5) Caught up on recent football results (a great win for Liverpool, and Norwich are still on for winning the Championship - two teams of which I'm fond. The less said about my own team's performance, the better...)

At a bit of loose end now. Can't play guitar. Could write - or type up some notes for the story I'm writing. Could reply to friend's message. But I could also be lazy and leave these (and other minor to-do list items) until the morning, leaving me to...

1) Fantasise about French chocolate
2) Play Tetris and keep an eye on the news as it rolls in
3) Get bored and do at least one or two of the things I've said I'll leave until tomorrow
4) Dinner: chicken korma
5) Bath and book (Sum - I'm really enjoying it, thank you, Rachel!)
6) Supper: there are cheeses and pâté in the fridge
7) Bed and more book
8) Sleep
9) ...And dream of sheep
Rachel wrote:
14 Mar 2019 13:52
You can blame it on me, Danny :)
Just crossing posts! :lol: (::)
Each day was a day I’d worked hard to progress. If I had a bad day [and] I was feeling slightly depressed, I'd say to myself, “Well, I’ve no right to let the ‘me’ down who’s got me this far. So, snap out of it! Go and read a book."
Robin Knox-Johnston

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 15 Mar 2019 05:57

Morning

The murder mystery was great fun. Room for 40. It's been advertised (U3A) for ages. I bought my ticket (no 27 out of 40) last month. By yesterday it was a sell out. I do hope they do it again. It was the same drama group (murdered for money) that did one in a local parish where I play. It was a couple of years ago, and I'd taken my daughter. Different scenario, but just as much fun (except I remember the raffle going on interminally). I had a long conversation with the drama organiser afterwards, about bringing the group to our parish.

Needs thought: a (willing) team to run (cater) the event; sensible raffle prizes (everyone wants to win, but 30 + prizes at the end of the evening? You lose the will to live); 3 course menu (for a 3 act drama). We're in an interregnum (again), so I suppose I need to talk to the churchwardens. Maybe if I got the choir onside, the music team could present it as a fundraiser?

To do
I'm awake. I can hear the dawn chorus (LOVE a dawn chorus).
Get up and spend half an hour digging the garden.
Walk the dog.
Substantial breakfast.
Post office : package to Eire.
Make some cards at a card workshop that a friend runs. She's An Organiser. Maybe I should have a chat with her about murder mystery?
Vacuum the house.
Wash the floor (mud off my boots after digging)
And a very late work shift. Start at 7.15, finish about 11.15.
Do not accept that tiredness is a reason to drink.

Have a good day y'all

Jjjj of Old

Post by Jjjj of Old » 15 Mar 2019 08:25

Sounds great, D ;)?

To do:

Get up
Shower and shave
Eat
Work

I hope everyone's day goes well!
Each day was a day I’d worked hard to progress. If I had a bad day [and] I was feeling slightly depressed, I'd say to myself, “Well, I’ve no right to let the ‘me’ down who’s got me this far. So, snap out of it! Go and read a book."
Robin Knox-Johnston

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 15 Mar 2019 08:48

Morning

Feeling a bit grim today. Husband told me yesterday that every day on holiday was agony and that he rang the Samaritans yesterday. This is doubly grim because he feels that way and because he is clearly trying to hide it.
This morning, I dreamt my mother had died...

So... not a great start to the day.
I have lots of work to do.
lunch with friend,if she is feeling better - I really have to not go on about OH. An ex colleague has had a book published which I am reading and she has read so we can discuss that. It's essentially lesbian chic lit with a lot of detail...
home
maybe cook. I seriously need to lose weight.
Hopefully relax. I have two Star Treks to catch up on.
I am at an all day, all weekend writing thing this weekend. I am afraid I wish I wasn't, not least because it means getting up at my work-day time and going into central London. But it might do me good, if I can write anyhting. It's a 'write a story in a weekend' course. But I fear I may just be upping my number of unfinished ones to 16. I am not short of ideas... Ironically I won't have time to finish something I need to submit to my writing group this week, because I will be writing... unless, of course, I do actually complete a story in the weekend. I guess my porblem is partly that they are all rather long.

I hoep everyone's day goes ok.
Rachel

Spats

Post by Spats » 15 Mar 2019 10:05

To do today
Breakfast, yes I know it’s a bit late ()o
Pilates
Lunch
Tip - got to take old carpet and flooring and any other bits. Will probably mean several trips :roll:
Light snack?
Get ready for meal out with girls - will be AF as I’m picking up one of my friends
Home to bed and a little snuggle with blackie first
Rested and sober ready to take on the weekend ;)?

Spats

Post by Spats » 15 Mar 2019 10:10

Mmm perhaps I’ll go to the tip tomorrow although it may be busier. Just remembered I have some paperwork - application forms, short report - and bills to pay.

pickles
Last Drink Date: 17 Sep 2012

Post by pickles » 15 Mar 2019 12:37

Rachel wrote:
15 Mar 2019 08:48
Morning

Feeling a bit grim today. Husband told me yesterday that every day on holiday was agony and that he rang the Samaritans yesterday. This is doubly grim because he feels that way and because he is clearly trying to hide it.
This morning, I dreamt my mother had died...

So... not a great start to the day.

<:)> to you Rachel .
' Normal ' is just a setting on the washing machine .