Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
serend
Last Drink Date: 25 Oct 2020

Re: Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Post by serend »

Oh well done Freshie!

Yes seems to be the AZ one having this effect but shouldn't last long.

I don't know what happened to me but I did 5 miles, have never run so far!!!!! Walked for a bit and at hills but took just over an hour. Won t be able to move tomorrow lol

Have a good Sunday all
It's not inevitable whether we drink or not...we make the decision

fresh-start
Last Drink Date: 18 Mar 2021

Post by fresh-start »

5 miles! Well done Serend!!

I've finished week 2 of Couch 2 5k and also been for a walk. 16,000 steps, that's a lot for me.

This sunny weather has made my weekend. Love it! 8-)
#10 on the 2020 Challenge

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 26 Feb 2021
First Sober Date: 27 Feb 2021

Post by BizzyBee »

Hi everyone,

I'm going to get back involved with this thread in the hope it spurs me on to do a bit more exercise and eat more healthily.
This last lockdown, I've done pretty much nothing on the fitness front!
I can't wait for the climbing centres to open again. I'd got into going 2 or 3 times a week when we were allowed.

Food wise I've been fairly healthy but mainly because I've had to be as have had gut issues. I cut out various things that irritated my stomach and its definitely helped. A few things are creeping back in now I'm not having the pain and bloating though. Need to reign it in again!

So I managed a walk on Saturday and a little bike ride today. Have booked on to an online yoga class tomorrow eve. Hopefully I'll manage something else later in the week too 🤞🤞
Addiction is giving up everything for one thing. Recovery is giving up one thing for everything.

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

Hi Busy. Sounds a good plan you have there. What foods do you think you are intolerant to? Have you had a diagnosis?

Enjoy your yoga tomorrow! I will be going on a walk at lunchtime. ;)?

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

fresh-start wrote:
28 Feb 2021 21:00
Hi Busy. Sounds a good plan you have there. What foods do you think you are intolerant to? Have you had a diagnosis?

Enjoy your yoga tomorrow! I will be going on a walk at lunchtime. ;)?
I had an endoscopy and that came back clear so good. I paid for a nutritionist and had some tests with her. Sent some faecal samples off. The results of those came back that I had a huge imbalance of good/bad bacteria (more bad than good!). Some of the good ones that should be there didn't even exist!! So I had a course of probiotics and supplements and cut out (get ready for this!.......) gluten, dairy, sugar, onions, garlic, potatoes, red meat and alcohol! Not because I'm intolerant to them all but because they're apparently foods that feed the bad bacteria.
I managed alcohol for a few weeks, then only had it on weekends, now its built back up again. Surprise surprise!! I re introduced a few of the other things to see how they effected me. Gluten and red meat are the worst. I'm still not eating them or onions, garlic and potatoes and am only having a little bit of dairy here and there. It's definitely helped my stomach symptoms so going to try and stick with it I think.

Enjoy your walk tomorrow. I don't think it's going to be as lovely weather wise but hopefully no rain!
Addiction is giving up everything for one thing. Recovery is giving up one thing for everything.

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

Blimey!!
That was a long waffley post from me 🤣
Sorry 😜

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

Its a bit foggy here today Biz but the sun is trying to get out.

That's a lot of things to cut out but I am glad you are feeling better. I take Acidophillus for my good bacteria. I am diagnosed Coeliac so have to follow a gluten free diet. You soon get used to it! I have had umpteen endoscopy's before my diagnosis. Not pleasant!

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

No, definitely not the most pleasant experience that's for sure Freshie!

It's been super foggy here today too.

Did my yoga and enjoyed it 😊
However I did eat a piece of chocolate Brownie earlier (tum hasn't punished me yet but it may well be on its way !!).
Had healthyish dinner of taco's (none wheat shells). Used turkey mince for the chilli filling 😋😋

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

Hope you don't feel too bad after the brownie Bizzy. Yes I often have taco's. Well done with the yoga.

I have been on the treadmill and done my first run of week 3 of the Couch 2 5k. Feel good now. Time to get some work done - boo!

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

Hey everyone,
How are you?
My diet seems to be slipping towards too much sugary stuff again. I do seem to replace alcohol with sweets when staying away from the wine 🙄 Need to try and not let it kerri getting worse.

Have been good on the fitness front. 2 mini jogs - one for 20 minutes this morn before work then a half hour jog/walk just now.
Craving a glass of vino now though. Am in my Pjs so should be OK and no go to the shop so hopefully will ride it.
X

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

Hi Bizzy

I am the same, I have quit sugar as I am so all or nothing with it!

I did my Couch 2 5k routine this morning. You are doing well with your jogging!

Quite on here isn't it.

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

It seems to be quiet on BE as a whole I think. Definitely on the few threads I post on anyway 🤔

I've not done much on the exercise front today.
Did do a zoom wellness session with my friend who runs them though. Some meditation then self pressure point massage and stretches. I've started doing them weekly and it's really nice. I'm thinking that giving myself a bit more TLC time and the yoga sessions might ground me a bit more and help me along the sober road a bit more?! We'll see anyway.

How are you doing with the no sugar Freshie? Have you found some good recipes for puds or are you just not bothered?
X

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

Yes I think BE is quieter than normal too Biz.

That pressure point massage sounds nice!

I am not making anything with sugar or sweetener at all and not eating puds. Just having my 3 meals a day, try not to snack, try and get my 10k steps every day. That's about it.

I've lost nearly 7lbs in 2 weeks but that was just the initial water weight loss. 1lb a week will do me fine!

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

Wow! That's amazing Freshy (::)
I bet you feel so much better too.
Sugar is another addictive substance that causes so many issues with our bodies.

I found some really good recipes for things like flapjacks and energy balls using home made date puree in place of sugar. They're yum 😋
If you fancy having a look at the recipes let me know and I'll send them to you. None of them use sweeteners or replacements x

MT Glass

Post by MT Glass »

Yes well done fresh thats brilliant. ;)? ;)? ;)?

It does not surprise me though infact I find cutting down on sugar makes the weight fall off really quickly.

Problem for me is I use it as a treat when I used to have a drink but really need to look at cutting back.

Has anyone tried Exante meal replacements? I don't do the full low calorie diet but I find them really good to replace one meal a day and they really fill you up too.Loads of people at work have used them with success too.

Off for a nice long run shortly have a great weekend folks. :\:

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

Thanks Biz. Sounds delish but my problem with it is I won't be able to just have 1. :oops:

Thanks MT. Not heard of Exante no. Hope you enjoyed your run.

I lost 3lbs this week. \:)/

Been on a lovely walk up the hills today. Got the heart working for sure!

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

Morning all. How is everybody?

Just completed week 3 of the Couch 2 5k. Tiring. Glad I did it! \:)/

serend
Last Drink Date: 25 Oct 2020

Post by serend »

Morning everyone!
Well done Freshie! I did a 30 mile cycle yesterday but then had a drink. None today for sure :(
Been training again for 4 weeks but not lost any weight, need to look at the diet again and cut some sugar/calories
Have a nice Sunday all :)
It's not inevitable whether we drink or not...we make the decision

MT Glass

Post by MT Glass »

Well done freshie you doing really well. \:)/

serend Yes exercise can defiantly be a trigger for Alcohol was for me for many years.Well done on the bike ride. (::)

Did a 13.1 mile run yesterday and felt really good completed in under 2 hours which is close to my record, one of those days when the sun shone and it just went smoothly.

4 months AF on Tuesday.

Have a great day folks :\:

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

Thanks Serend and MT

Yes exercise can be a trigger for me too. Especially a country pub at the end of a long walk.