Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
martha

Re: Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Post by martha »

Hello old friends, Fresh, MT, Mark, Sheila, Luna and anyone else looking in.

I too got a shock from the scales (though there was no reason to be shocked given the amount of rubbish I've been shovelling down since the start of the year :roll:). Aiming for a strict 8 weeks to make a dent in 2 stone. There will be more to go after that but one step at a time. My main exercise at the moment is dog walking. I've started and quit Couch 2 5k several times over the years :roll: I might give it another go.
Waiting for bunnies to appear in the fields.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Good to see you here again, Martha \:)/

I intended starting the C25K earlier in the year but the weather and work kept getting in the way. I think these aren't such obstacles now, though, so I am (tentatively) intending to begin again on Wednesday, my next day off.

Hold me to this - and do feel free to join me ;)?
"I once thought that growing up *meant* smoking and drinking. It looked so good, but I don't want to die from it."
~ Marianne Faithfull

221b for the 2021 Challenge

TrueState

Post by TrueState »

Gonna jump in here in the hope that a bit of making myself accountable will kick start me into action again. I'm a gym person in what now seems like a previous life. So my only goal for tomorrow is walking through the doors of the gym. Doesn't matter what happens after that walking though those doors will be a big achievement

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Superb plan, TS! (::) (::) (::)

I've been remiss in recent months in not doing as much exercise as I'd planned, so it'll be great if we all join MT in being more active ;)?
"I once thought that growing up *meant* smoking and drinking. It looked so good, but I don't want to die from it."
~ Marianne Faithfull

221b for the 2021 Challenge

martha

Post by martha »

Morning everyone :\: Two hour dog walk on the beach this morning and boiled eggs and an Exante shake for breakfast. Day 3 of this and I'm wondering why I haven't dropped 2 stone yet :twisted:

fresh-start
Last Drink Date: 30 Apr 2021

Post by fresh-start »

Morning all

MT, thanks for the extra motivation, I am now so glad I started on Saturday and didn't listen to the pessimists! They are all still starting tomorrow! Lifestyle change is the key.

Marth, 2 hours on the beach already, that is brilliant! That 2 stone will come off, we just need to keep at it and not give up this time!

True, hope you made it through the doors of the gym.

Mark, my next run is Wednesday so will be good if you join me!

I started my Couch 2 5k this morning. Just jogged very slowly, I am quite overweight at the moment so don't want to pull anything or over do it. I'm like Marth, also started it a few times and then gave up. I think I have completed it twice. For now though, week 1, run 1 done.

I've eaten out twice now this weekend (it was already planned in) but I have gone for healthy choices, no starters, desserts and just lime and soda instead of wine.

I've also started reading the Ollie Ollerton book - Battle Ready. Any extra tips I can get to keep myself motivated the better! :D
#10 on the 2021 Challenge

TrueState

Post by TrueState »

Well didn't make it through the doors the first day but did yesterday. Weights and cardio and I felt so good afterwards will be fine now. It's always that first one which is so hard. All morning I went through thousands of reasons why it would be ok to start tomorrow. In the end it cane down to I feel rubbish about my weight and fitness today. I can always,wait till tomorrow but that's another day of feeling rubbish and I don't want that. seemed to have worked.
I've ordered that book Fresh hoping it will help me too
Hope everyone is ok <:)>

martha

Post by martha »

Ooh I might be interested in that book! Let me know how you get on with it please Fresh and TS!

Well done on the gym going and the good resolutions. I'm still walking every day and really enjoying it. Classes are starting up again. I'd like to go to Power Hoop but problem is last time I tried I couldn't spin the hoop 🤣😭😅 I don't know if I should try and find a You Tube clip and see if I can practise? Any tips? Any hoopers here??

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

True, hope the book helps you! Well done on going to the gym yesterday. I know exactly what you mean about feeling rubbish about your weight and fitness, that is what kick started me, unexpectedly so too, on Saturday. We can do it!

Marth, yes will let you know how I get on with the book. Sheila is a hooper. I think she said she had a weighted hoop?

I have been on the treadmill and done run 2, week 1 of Couch 2 5k. Got up early to do it but I feel good for it. Counting calories strictly now too. Weigh day is Saturday. :D

martha

Post by martha »

Well done Fresh! Saturdays will be my weigh in days too. Calorie counting here too 👍

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

Nice one Marth, we can do this!! :D

TrueState

Post by TrueState »

Another successful trip to the Gym! While I was there Martha somebody was useing a hoop and they were very impressive. I know it's really good for your core and overall fitness but I've never been able to get past two spins? not sure what you call it so unfortunately can't give out any tips.
Well done Fresh ;)?
We all seem to be off to a good start with our various goals...

TrueState

Post by TrueState »

No gym today but quite a bit of walking with work and the dog and quite a healthy food day so happy with that. Howse everyone else doing?

MT Glass

Post by MT Glass »

Hi everyone :\:

Great to see everyone getting back into it. \:)/

Martha

I use Exante too its really good stuff and full of nutrition and protein if you buy in bulk it brings the price right down too. ;)?

Good to see plenty of walking going on.Walking is probably the most underated exercise there is its easy to do low injury risk and mile for mile burns about the same as running.Its also great for your mental health.

Have been doing some interval training this week which is really good for getting faster as it looks like Half marathons are back on this autumn.Cant wait

:\:

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

Evening all

Well done on the gym True and good going planning in a half marathon MT!

I have been out walking more on a lunchtime, yesterday walked for an hour, today been walking up on the hills. Also now completed week 1 of Couch 2 5k

day 7 of no sugar and keeping track of calories. Weigh day tomorrow, I will let you know how I get on.

TrueState

Post by TrueState »

Picking my son up from uni today. Pre lockdown he was weight training me so I am looking forward to us going to the gym together again. He plays rugby so basically I get the weight training of a rugby prop. Although the weights I use are nowhere near as heavy I can't even pick up some of the ones he uses!
Howse everyone doing? Any weekend plans?

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

Hi all

Aww enjoy having your son at home True, gym sounds good!

I've had a good initial weight loss. 5.6lbs. Pleased with that! \:)/

TrueState

Post by TrueState »

Wow what a start well done fresh (::)
long day yesterday but yes lovely to have my boy home and he says he's got our weight training regime planned out so looking forward to that. It makes a huge difference going with someone else. on the days that I feel like I just can't be arsed I go anyway because he's going.

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

Thanks True, hope the weight training regime goes well! \:)/

MT Glass

Post by MT Glass »

wow well done fresh thats fantastic (::) (::)

Cutting out sugar really does have a huge impact on not only your weight but your health too.

I find it incredibly hard to do though. (w)