The To Do List

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
Rachel
Last Drink Date: 20 Jul 2012

Re: The To Do List

Post by Rachel »

Morning.

I see that today is the 10th anniversary of me being on BE!

to do
meeting
work
ring mother's GP? I feel inclined not to. I had an abrupt call yesterday, no introductions just "t'doctor's lowered your mum's xxxxxx and she needs a blood test next week. Can you ring back tomorrow to find out when.'" Ok that's just Sheffield for you. But given it takes forever to get through and if it's next week she'll be there anyway, and they have the key safe code, and even if she knows when they are going she will forget, so... (Do I need to know when and if I do why can't they ring me again?) I have spend several hours on the phone to her bank this week, so am a bit fed up with spending my time on phone hold.
move stuff from greenhouse site in preparation for its intended construction tomorrow. Feeling rather anxious about this, not surprisingly.
cook something with tofu that's been marinating in the fridge for a few days. I hope it's still ok as it's not exactly swimming in the marinade.
It would be quite nice to sit out in the sun at some point. I have been mostly indoors all week. It's going to be cooling down from tomorrow but still a good summer temperature for the UK at least. Rain at the weekend. Typical, huh?!

I hope everyone has a good day.
Rachel

Luna_
Last Drink Date: 18 Apr 2019

Post by Luna_ »

Hi all
Mark, Rachel, Pickles, Danny and all others.
Especially Pickles - with the current situation, mourning days and overall tragedy.

It's a national mourning day here too - 10 years 77 people (most of which were teenagers) lost their lives to a stupid deranged and left-wing homicidal maniac.

:( <:)>
I still have Faith, but right now I'm reaching for the moon.

pickles
Last Drink Date: 17 Sep 2012

Post by pickles »

Thanks Action and Luna <:)>

I remember that happening, Luna. I was with my daughter in France at the time and it came on the news , we were all shocked that it could happen to such young children. So sad . Thinking of your country today <:)>
“I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.”

~Charlie Chaplin

Luna_

Post by Luna_ »

Sorry Rachel, I didn't mean to dismiss your post <:)>
Hope your cooking goes well - and that you get some stuff sorted re your mum..

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

It's G(reenhouse) day :o
Rachel

pickles

Post by pickles »

Fabulous! How did it go ?

~Charlie Chaplin

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

It's up!
Rachel

free flow
Last Drink Date: 26 Feb 2019

Post by free flow »

Pardon me for butting in, but having watched the past few months, I really, really hope it all went well with your greenhouse, Rachael ;)?
The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you really are. - Carl Jung

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Aw thanks, Freeflow.

Here it is. Ok it's just a greenhouse but it was beginning to feel like the holy grail!

IMG_8658.JPG
IMG_8658.JPG (93.19 KiB) Viewed 119 times
I need to shift those paving slabs to the right! Hopefully they are not concrete in.
Rachel

Action

Post by Action »

Wow, it looks amazing Rachel. You must be so relieved it’s finally in place.
Now all you’ve got to do is fill it! ;)
#38 on 2021 Challenge
Take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs. Mark out a straight path for your feet.

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Yes, I suppose that can be my 9th soberversary present to self, given when it was put up. Bit of a big one, though...

It's forecast to be 27 tomorrow, I probably ought to take the couple of tomato and aubergine plants out of the greenhouse as I've not worked out shading and heat yet. It has two roof windows that open automatically when it gets very hot inside, but it might (ironically?) need some shading.

I really must be solar powered though. No sun yesterday - dark and wet - and the same right now and I've had no energy and feel very low in mood. I am torn between a to do list and a do nothing approach. Friday was very stressful...
I bought some pea seedlings yesterday. I should probably plant those up at least. In a bit pot, I think. I am wondering if there is any way to protect them from mildew. That's the problem with buying plants - they rarely sell disease resistant ones. My garden seems to be rife with diseases. I think mosaic virus on my borlotti beans and also on my dahlias (dahlias are flowering but will probably not flower for as long as they would otherwise... then I will have to throw the tubers away :( Not sure about the beans. They are not really flowering so I may get no beans. It's not hit the French beans (yet) so I am getting some beans to eat.) Mildew have killed my sweet peas (I need to dispose of.) I have a suspected blight case on one tomato plant (thank fully most of my plants are blight resistant.)

to do (over the next day or two): put fat balls out for birds (should do today really.)
peas
cut back wisteria a bit (it's obscuring my view of the birds and reaching over onto the patio too much
maybe see if I can move bench on patio to create more space
move some tomatoes into a better spot (more sun, fewer snails) with husband's help - will be tricky as will have to move 4 in one go - they are on tank of water and can't easily be extracted and moved individually

It's been quiet on here. I hope people are ok.

Here's a rudbeckia pic for some ersatz sunshine.
51309402081_126f5c0bca_c.jpg
51309402081_126f5c0bca_c.jpg (83.78 KiB) Viewed 91 times
Rachel

Luna_

Post by Luna_ »

Lovely, Rachel - and congratulations with the greenhouse - it looks lovely :)

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1973
First Sober Date: 09 Jan 2020

Post by DannyD »

It looks lovely. I hope you'll get years of enjoyment from the greenhouse Rachel. Spring freesias, earlier crops, later crops, watering problems when you go away.....

To do
Walk dog \/
Contact vicar (do I really want to get back to playing the organ every Sunday?) \/ sent him messages and emails
Phone surgery now my hospital prescribed drugs are coming to an end. The GP follow up has been appalling. \/ 50 minutes on the phone
Return an online purchase
Take bottles to a bank (since elder daughter visited). \/
Maybe a spot of gardening.
Hang out washing \/
Push around a shark.
be selfish in your sobriety.

pickles

Post by pickles »

Lovely Rachel ;)?

My tomatoes aren’t showing any colour. I’ve just had one red tomato. I looked up that you can put banana skins near them ? I’ve also cut bits and bobs back . Nice to see some more peppers coming through though .

Hello to doers !

~Charlie Chaplin

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Pickles, there is a page about gasses emitted by certain fruit that ripen others in the Food book I co-wrote :)

Usually once you get one or two the rest will follow. I don't have any sweet peppers. I think the ones I grew from seed didn't come up. I bought some plants but they arrived very late so still small and not flowering yet. There is still time though. (And a Danny points out I can put them in my greenhouse.)
I picked my first aubergine yesterday.

I have been really busy today. Worked solidly for 9 hours proof reading then made gooseberry fool from gooseberries from the garden, then moved some stuff around on the patio (retired mildew afflicted sweet peas...) potted on four courgettes and an echinacea. (The latter don't thrive in the ground in this garden.) I noticed my lovely calendula are now getting mildew :evil: I might spray them. I have some organic stuff.
I ought to plant put the peas... tomorrow? I am shattered. Was up till the early hours waiting for Imodium to kick in :?

I think we had enough rain yesterday for me not to need to water anything other than tomatoes...

I should make myself some dinner, but don't know what. I feel I should make some sort of carby salad at some point - couscous, roast veg kind of thing but not much room in the fridge at the mo.

Are you feeling any better, Danny?
Rachel