Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
Sheila
Last Drink Date: 17 Aug 2018

Re: Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Post by Sheila »

Good morning folks

Hi Maria <:)>

Long time since I was last in here.

Good news is I reached my goal weight and more \:)/
Bad news is it's all piling back on again :roll:

I have my groceries delivered at home and last week was so embarrassing :oops:
There was a whole plastic tray thingy so filled with biscuits, chocolates, crisps, sweets and chocolate multipacks, that the driver even commented (jokingly) about it being my 'naughty' tray!
Oh the shame! There's only two of us live here and we're both oldies!

I gave myself a good talking to and started over this week, and as AJH mentioned (welcome back by the way) I'm not going to buy any more.
If they're not here I can't eat them.

Happy Thursday \:)/
#4 on the 2021 Challenge
I will not drink again no matter what.

Maria
Last Drink Date: 17 Jan 2021
First Sober Date: 18 Jan 2021

Post by Maria »

Hey Sheila
Good to see you <:)> ,well done on getting to your goal weight, you will get back to ;)? it.I have 9lbs to go ,and they will be tough I'm happy to do it slowly
Not so active now ,but did the gym this morning ,having a power nap now b4 shopping ,only dark chocolate in my list and maybe kinder egg for little ones ()o
Never stop trying... Never stop believing .. Never give up .. Your day will come !

Maria

Post by Maria »

Maria wrote:
09 Sep 2021 14:22
Hey Sheila
Good to see you <:)> ,well done on getting to your goal weight, you will get back to ;)? it.I have 9lbs to go ,and they will be tough I'm happy to do it slowly
Not so active now ,but did the gym this morning ,having a power nap now b4 shopping ,only dark chocolate in my list and maybe kinder egg for little ones ()o
Just seen your post AJH ,hope you enjoyed your swim ,very brave in the sea,sometimes I do a lake but need a float attached to me :D
It's still humid here ,soo draining ()o
Never stop trying... Never stop believing .. Never give up .. Your day will come !

AJH
Last Drink Date: 29 Apr 2021
First Sober Date: 06 May 2021

Post by AJH »

Hi Maria and Sheila

Well done on the gym Maria…consistency and purpose. And crikey, well done getting to your goal weight Sheila (and thank you for the welcome back) - I’m sure you’ll put a stop to the regain. I need to lose more than 2 stone! I feel so overweight…about 2 stone in the last 2 years!! I know it could be worse but…12st 9! I should be around 10 stone max for my height…really I should be 9.5 stone but I don’t think I’ll get to that. I’d be happy at first to get out of the 12s. Then down to 11.5 and then finally in to the 10s.

Wonder what the scales will say tomorrow (other than “get off!”)…no chocolate or crisps today…an ice cream though and fizzy drinks.

Another little bob about in the sea today…quite choppy so it’s a bit more fun. Can’t stay in too long when it’s choppy though or I get sea sick…would you believe!!?? Mother came in too. Definitely needed help out of the sea today or she’ll have found herself taken 50 miles up the coast or to France! It was a lovely colour the sea and a lovely temperature. Most enjoyable.

Good luck to us all in our endeavours tomorrow.
Spotted Dick, butter and brown muscovado sugar. Gypsy Tart. Butterfly Buns. Just like your Nan used to make.

Sheila

Post by Sheila »

Hi Maria and AJH

Maria only 9lbs left to go, so nearly there \:)/

I envy you AJH, I'd love to be able to swim in the sea every day, you lucky thing. Slow and steady and those extra lbs will soon melt away.

Well I fell off the chuck wagon already :roll:

I forgot I'd ordered a bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk this week and it was delivered on Wednesday with my groceries, so I decided to ration it and only have a little in the evenings.
I resisted totally on Wednesday then gave in and ate the whole lot last night!

Well it's gone now so onwards and upwards ;)?

Note to self - check next weeks shopping list before placing the order!
#4 on the 2021 Challenge

Maria

Post by Maria »

You will get there AJH,as Sheila says slow and steady ,
Sheila chocolate is sooo easy to binge on,it just slip s down ,as you say gone now
I did great all day with food and ruined it with night time nibbles
Was going to try a jog / walk today ,but too tired so will do the gym ,I'm off this week so making the most of it
Enjoy the sea AJH ,I bet you feel amazing after ,Your mum is very brave too
It's Friday ,so maybe something nice ,just not too much (w)

AJH

Post by AJH »

Thank you both. Having not eaten chocolate all day, I’m now celebrating Emma Raducanu’s win with a gorge on dairy milk…at least I’m in the process of emptying the house of chocolate. I went shopping today and bought no coke, crisps or chocolate!
Spotted Dick, butter and brown muscovado sugar. Gypsy Tart. Butterfly Buns. Just like your Nan used to make.

Sheila

Post by Sheila »

I watched the match gorging on a small tub of Celebrations chocolates that a dear friend and neighbour gave us for our wedding anniversary. I honestly had no chocolate in the house till then!
No chocolate gorging today and no reason to be gifted any ;)?
#4 on the 2021 Challenge

Maria

Post by Maria »

Sounds good AJH and Sheila ,we only have dark chocolate and I'm not too bad with that ,need to cut out the crisps ,did a lot of walking yesterday ,but you cannot walk off a bad diet ()o

AJH

Post by AJH »

Sea swim (or general float and Bob about) for me today. It looks beautiful. Encouraged a friend who has a tricky life to come but she probably won’t which is a shame..for me and for her! I guess I’ll be going in the sea with Mother again…that’s not so bad. ;)?

Sheila

Post by Sheila »

I hope your friend came AJH, but if not I'm sure you still had a good swim. I'm so jealous!

I had a lovely long walk with my dogs this morning, it was beautiful walking weather. I don't think I walked off last nights chocolates though Maria ;)
#4 on the 2021 Challenge

AJH

Post by AJH »

No she didn’t Sheila, which was a real shame but…still had a lovely swim. ;)?

AJH

Post by AJH »

Considering couch to 5k restart today +/- pool swim…we’ll see… ()o

Maria

Post by Maria »

I fancy doing 5k again AJH , maybe next week when life is not so hectic
Along walk does the job Sheila ,do you still hulla hoop ,I must get mine out ()o

serend
Last Drink Date: 25 Oct 2020

Post by serend »

Hello all,
Hope everyone is managing the chocolate urges tonight - I have had 5 meals today :o
must join back here as weight creeping up again, so its back to gentle jogs starting tomorrow...joined Parkrun so hoping to join that on Saturday (although they may have to stay back late to wait for me finishing !)
Need a wee weight loss challenge so here goes - 2 pounds a week for the next 8 weeks \/
It's not inevitable whether we drink or not...we make the decision

AJH

Post by AJH »

Great stuff Serend. Go for it!

It rained, thank God…ha. So I swam and also I forgot I had tennis tonight when I posted earlier so did tennis too.

If I don’t get the couch to 5k back off the ground this week then I’ll definitely start next week with you, Maria.

AJH

Post by AJH »

No exercise today, full day at work and tired, also my back is sore. So I did an AA mtg instead this evening followed by a short meditation thing…not very good at that…an infrequent user of this but just returned to work and may well need some form of mind settling as things start to hot up back in my role.

Maria

Post by Maria »

Good to have a day off to take stock AJH ;)? Go for it Serend, \:)/ I lost a lb so happy with that or even half a pound per week Have a good one all
<:)> <:)>

AJH

Post by AJH »

So…my chocolate is all finished! None in the house that I want to eat…great. Wonder if I’ll stay strong when shopping tomorrow….given I’m thinking about chocolate and including it in this post…..?!?!

Quick dip in the sea today. About 20minutes or so of crashing about in the waves and treading water…did about 50 strokes of actual swimming so not really exercise! But that’s ok. It’s invigorating and refreshing and still a really pleasant temperature.

Out tonight with a friend so will miss my AA zoom call that I usually attend which is a shame as I really enjoy the Friday night meeting I go to.

Now, shall I start couch to 5k (again) this weekend or wait until Monday? Think I’ll start this weekend. Maria…think you said next week but I might try to do one session this weekend to make another start…

Maria

Post by Maria »

That still sounds like a lot of exercise AJH ,the sea is hard work ,I'd completely forgotten about doing the 5k ,so thanks for reminding me ,bit if a junk food binge last night to reward myself for not drinking,so I might gently do the gym this morning and try a jog walk tomorrow ,
We only have dark chocolate in the house as eaten the milk I bought for my daughter
Stay strong shopping . Eat b4 you shop otherwise it's torture lol