Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
Maria
Last Drink Date: 17 Jan 2021
First Sober Date: 18 Jan 2021

Re: Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Post by Maria »

So easy to slip out of a routine AJH, especially when working,I did the gym and walked yesterday , little housework thou ,do that's today's job b4 work , hopefully swimming later \:)/ , tomorrow probably rest ,it's hard to get motivated in this weather (w)
Never stop trying... Never stop believing .. Never give up .. Your day will come !

AJH
Last Drink Date: 29 Apr 2021
First Sober Date: 06 May 2021

Post by AJH »

Well done Maria.

Managed a quick dip in the sea today. It was way too rough and dangerous so I didn’t stay in long…got a bit out of control and smashed about…if I’d waited another hour it was actually a lot calmer by comparison! :roll:
Spotted Dick, butter and brown muscovado sugar. Gypsy Tart. Butterfly Buns. Just like your Nan used to make.

Maria

Post by Maria »

Burns up more Cal's when it's rough ,I swam in a calm lake ,freezing ,but a nice day for it
Less junk food last night ,baby steps ()o
Never stop trying... Never stop believing .. Never give up .. Your day will come !

MT Glass

Post by MT Glass »

Well done Maria AJH.

A quick update did the half marathon last Sunday 1hour 51 so a bit slower than expected but it was warm (would be better this week!)

Great to see everyone doing the London Marathon I did York Marathon a few years ago...never again to much pain for my liking but respect to all doing it a marathon is HARD!

Started new diet last week replacing a meal a day with a healthy (home made) smoothie will see how it goes.I dont have anywhere near enough fruit and veg so this is a great way to get more down me.

Keep up the good work guys. :\:

AJH

Post by AJH »

MT Glass wrote:
03 Oct 2021 17:56
Well done Maria AJH.

A quick update did the half marathon last Sunday 1hour 51 so a bit slower than expected but it was warm (would be better this week!)

Great to see everyone doing the London Marathon I did York Marathon a few years ago...never again to much pain for my liking but respect to all doing it a marathon is HARD!

Started new diet last week replacing a meal a day with a healthy (home made) smoothie will see how it goes.I dont have anywhere near enough fruit and veg so this is a great way to get more down me.

Keep up the good work guys. :\:
Brilliant. Well done MT Glass. I was wondering how you’d got on. I did a half marathon in 2015. Minimal training in the final 3 months due to injury and only did 3 months before that! Plus I was heavily drinking and drank a load the night before and the night after!

Food wise…I’m just trying to regularly eat three meals a day. Breakfast being the one I try not to miss. I’ve never really eaten breakfast. Trying to do right by myself.

Keep going all.
Spotted Dick, butter and brown muscovado sugar. Gypsy Tart. Butterfly Buns. Just like your Nan used to make.

MT Glass

Post by MT Glass »

Thanks AJH. ;)?

My PB for a half was completed after a fair few beers the night before, never beat it sober! :lol: :lol:

If I'm honest I was consuming so much beer I just think my body got used to running with it I actually slowed initially when I stopped drinking. (w)

Might do one more half in 4 weeks as I feel I could probably improve,

Maria

Post by Maria »

Well done MT glass
That's an excellent time (::) (::) ,good luck with the training ,it's a good time if year to run ,apart from the winds ,I miss those days
Swim in the lake Sunday ,maybe another tonight ,but tired already
Have a goo one hi to you AJH :\:

AJH

Post by AJH »

Hi All.

Hope everyone’s ok. Still not got my routine back yet. Bit distracted but it’s up to me to do things that make me feel pleased with myself. Going to bed at the right time is the right place to start.

Definitely need to get back in the sea. Not been in for a week!

Have a good day all.

AJH

Post by AJH »

Ahhh…sea dip for half hour today. Chilly but eventually lovely. ;)?

Maria

Post by Maria »

Ooh you are hardy AJH ,I'm hoping to go to the lido tomorrow but just for 20 mins ()o
Week 2 of coach to 5k, this will take a while as I'm only running once a week \:)/
Lots of walking today beautiful weather, exhausted now ,will go easy on the junk food :lol2:

AJH

Post by AJH »

I’ll join you Maria in week 2 couch to 5k.

Am beginning to feel hardy!

Another sea dip / swim today. Just over half hour. Beautiful sun this morning. By the time I went in it was grey and overcast. The fishermen in their coats looked at me like I was barmy!

Roast dinner for me…way too big a plate full. Will definitely have to run now!

Enjoy your swim tomorrow Maria.

Maria

Post by Maria »

Well done AJH
Just 20min swim yesterday,it was pretty cold but the sea must have been colder
So lots of walking as I can swim so much in this weather ,have you tried a night swim? I did one but my breathing was bad ,I think in October it will be harder ()o

TanyaSchaefferp

Post by TanyaSchaefferp »

My fear of swimming at night envelops me, I find it very hard to get over myself, but during the day, in the cold water to quench my body, that's what I love!

AJH

Post by AJH »

I’ve done moonlight swims on full moons…by the time I get in or out it’s dark. Not really swimming though, just bobbing about a bit with a few strokes and treading water. Very enjoyable with the moon reflecting on the water ripples. Lovely.

AJH

Post by AJH »

And well done Martha on your swim. I should up my dry land based exercise…tennis cancelled again due to rain…that’s three weeks in a row.

AJH

Post by AJH »

Pool swim for me on Monday and again tonight. 60 lengths each evening. It is only a 20 metre pool though so 1200metres swum each time. So I guess that’s three quarters of a mile each time I swim that. And one and a quarter miles when I do 100 lengths which I sometimes do…I’ve only just worked out now how far I’m swimming!

I’m considering doing that squat challenge in November. Is anyone else?

Maria

Post by Maria »

That's a good distance AJH ,I need to up my dry land activities as my swims will be short for winter ,unless I go inside ()o
Squat challenge ,yes I'm up for it as long as it's not too many and on bad days I can do half squats?