Interesting Quote I Saw Today

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
Trojan
Last Drink Date: 09 Jun 2013

Re: Interesting Quote I Saw Today

Post by Trojan »

Last edited by Trojan on 02 Mar 2022 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
Au milieu de l'hiver, j'apprenais enfin qu'il y avait en moi un été invincible.
#99 on the 2022 Challenge

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

‘Everything was impossible until it was possible’
Heard it on a talk by Scott Pinyard.
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom”
Viktor E. Frankl.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Vertical Man wrote:
05 Feb 2022 07:14
‘Everything was impossible until it was possible’
Mandela said something similar - "It always seems impossible, until it's done." ;)?

Here is the closing statement from the support meetings I attended pre-Covid. I’ve always found it a really helpful way of thinking about recovery :-)
Recovery does not happen simply when substance misuse stops. Recovery is achieved by creating a new life, where “using” is no longer an acceptable choice. Otherwise, the factors that led to substance misuse and addiction will eventually resurface.

You don't have to change everything in your life... just almost everything.
Old habits, behaviours and associations will continue to bring trouble unless you let them go. The more you try to hold onto the “old way,” the harder your recovery will be.

Many of us have drifted through our lives without having to think about who we are, or what we want to be. Substance misuse and addiction changes that. It forces us to “wake up.”

You have an opportunity to make changes that are both difficult and rewarding. Take advantage of this opportunity and use it to fundamentally improve your life. Don't just stop using.

People in recovery often describe themselves as grateful. Why would someone be grateful to be in recovery? Because they realise that the journey of change has helped them find out who this amazing person really is, and what a more peaceful existence is all about.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Your seasons sm-.jpg
Your seasons sm-.jpg (56.45 KiB) Viewed 16 times