Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
Bupster

Re: Darcy and Fiendish's Fitness Club

Post by Bupster »

Hi, Sharni,

If you cut out the grog and choose your munchies carefully, it might be a doddle. Jordan's Frusli bars are great, they're full of good stuff and only 100 cals each. Stack the coffee table with grapes and other fruit. Drink lots of water. And frankly, say bollocks to the detox. It's sort of an invented thing anyway, you can't really 'flush out your system' however good it sounds. It's boring, but it works: Try to exercise a bit more, even if it's walking to the bus stop, eat sensibly, don't stuff yourself with cake and processed foods. Sleep lots. Look after yourself. Watch the pounds (kilos) melt away :D .

If you're serious about weight loss, and you think you have the energy for it, you could try the GI diet and take up running. Both will do the trick, are fairly straightforward, and need no expensive equipment or exasperating measuring.

Cheers,
Bupster
Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. George Herbert

gsv

Re: Weight gain with Drink - Take steps to lose it!

Post by gsv »

Here is something tasty I had for my tea tonight,

Small head of brocolli, two carrots, both chopped n diced quite small. Boiled these up while making up a packet of lemon & coriander flavoured cous-cous (six minutes in total)
Used teaspoon of olive oil and juice of half a lemon to extra flavour the cous-cous.
Once all cooked mixed them together and served in a big bowl. It was delicious!
For those interested in GI diet, the veggies are low GI and the cous-cous is medium GI, combined they make a low-ish GI dish

kellyojoe

Post by kellyojoe »

Well Ive had lamb chops with broccolli and peas for dinner a couple of biscuits and a cheese roll (naughty kelly) for lunch and 2 glasses of OJ for breakfast plus 3 cups of green tea, just off to do some half hearted sit ups when eastenders comes on!!

Kelly xxx
Success will never be a big step in the future, success is a small step taken just now. ~Jonatan MÃ¥rtensson

nra

Post by nra »

good evening all
what a fabulous thread ! gives us something else to think about , today i dug out my weight watchers books and have started to make myself look better too.so have been reading up on low point things to eat.
i have eaten 18 points today so have a couple left for a hot chocolate later, last time was on a diet was all about making sure i had enough points to drink first but no more now, all changed i really hope so too
love to all
nicky x
good luck to us all as we each bannish our fears and conquer our demons

Sharni

Re: Darcy and Fiendish's Fitness Club

Post by Sharni »

Hi, thanks for the advice guys. I know the running works, just got to get myself motivated. Apart from the lack of sleep from getting off the grog, hubby snored all night so I haven't been to sleep yet and have to get the kids up soon for school. Anyway no whinging right!! I was going to go the gym this morning but I really think a little rest might do some good also. I think I will just make sure I eat well today and try for gym tomorrow. I have been taking a few herbal supplements so I guess I just have to wait for them to kick in, maybe I will get more energy then. Thanks again. 8-)

kellyojoe

Post by kellyojoe »

Sally I just checked out your fitness dvds :D how funny, I did actually contemplate buying Janice Battersbys one aswell aS she looked so good :shock: after...(.how weird does that sound.)....shes back to her normal self now anyway!!!
Success will never be a big step in the future, success is a small step taken just now. ~Jonatan MÃ¥rtensson

Sharni

Post by Sharni »

Hi guys, do you mind if I join your group to? I would love to get some advice, I am aiming for about a 4-6kgs weight loss (I think 1 stone is 6.35kgs) in a month, but really want to do it healthy. Should be saving some calories with the grog (last drink Sunday) unless I fall down which I hope I don't. Has anyone done Herbal life before. I think I might give that a go. Good luck to you all, here's to turning back the clock on our bodies!! ;)

Bupster

Post by Bupster »

Got home hungry after French evening class and feeling guilty after pizza nonsense for dinner last night and breakfast today. So dry fried some lean bacon, bunged some mushrooms, spinach and pepper on top, let it sizzle away, and stirred it all in to some spaghetti with a teaspoon of pesto. Mmmm. You'll note a theme though. If I can think of a way for it not to taste disgusting, I would put parmesan on porridge. I'm going to try making it with apple juice later this week though, that sounds lovely.

Yours virtuously (for a change),
Bupster

(though now I want hot chocolate so I expect that's out the window)
Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. George Herbert

Sally Cinnamon

Post by Sally Cinnamon »

kellyojoe wrote:Sally I just checked out your fitness dvds :D how funny, I did actually contemplate buying Janice Battersbys one aswell aS she looked so good :shock: after...(.how weird does that sound.)....shes back to her normal self now anyway!!!
I know! It's sort of put me off, but I'll have a go anyway :lol:

Sally Cinnamon

Post by Sally Cinnamon »

Sharni wrote:Hi guys, do you mind if I join your group to? I would love to get some advice, I am aiming for about a 4-6kgs weight loss (I think 1 stone is 6.35kgs) in a month, but really want to do it healthy. Should be saving some calories with the grog (last drink Sunday) unless I fall down which I hope I don't. Has anyone done Herbal life before. I think I might give that a go. Good luck to you all, here's to turning back the clock on our bodies!! ;)
Hey Sharni

Of course you can join! It's free and open to all of the 'porky persuasion' as Queenie puts it ;) :D

Only kiddin!

A stone in a month isn't too bad I don't think, it's when its like a stone a week its classed as really dangerous?

If you mix loads of exercise with genuinely healthy foods you should be fine I reckon. Worth a go, just don't kick yourself if you don't meet the stone in a month thing!

Not heard of herbal life - do post any info if you have it :)

Sally Cinnamon

Post by Sally Cinnamon »

Bupster wrote:Got home hungry after French evening class and feeling guilty after pizza nonsense for dinner last night and breakfast today. So dry fried some lean bacon, bunged some mushrooms, spinach and pepper on top, let it sizzle away, and stirred it all in to some spaghetti with a teaspoon of pesto. Mmmm. You'll note a theme though. If I can think of a way for it not to taste disgusting, I would put parmesan on porridge. I'm going to try making it with apple juice later this week though, that sounds lovely.

Yours virtuously (for a change),
Bupster

(though now I want hot chocolate so I expect that's out the window)
Oh I love apple juice!! Never thought of making porridge with it though? Might do that... :o

Nice one on a healthy meal! Go Buppy!

patty
Last Drink Date: 01 Dec 2017

Post by patty »

Hi,
Just love reading what everyones been eating all day, although someone mentioned a kebab :D something Ive not had in ages,ummm wrapped in a garlic and cheese naan, with onions and tomatoes, with loads of chilli and mint sauce, heaven and all washed down with a nice............cup of green tea!!!

anyway in reality went to ww today and had put 3lbs ON. was devastated :( so now I have about 25lbs to lose :o so have bought a tracker and am going to be really good until at least christmas!! Ive got me rosemary connerlly dvds out and am starting tomorrow.

Love patty xx <:)>

OlderMom

Post by OlderMom »

Nom - had a little lunch. Some homemade veggie soup (lots & lots of veggies) + a savory muffin. Then went out shopping. But - after an hour - was hungry. Wondering if that was craving or not - didn't particularly need a drink - but being out & about by myself is kind of a trigger - & so found myself telling myself - yeah - I know it sounds like it'd be keen to sit & have a drink - but you don't REALLY want one, do you?

And - I didn't.

But - done shopping & still hungry - so I just had a bit of tuna.
And I'll go make up some more green tea!

We'll have to plan on another "international pizza day" sometime - but not for a week or two.

Bupster

Post by Bupster »

Hey, Oldermom. It's often quite difficult to distinguish between hunger and booze cravings, and Tobin as well as AA both suggest that you always eat whenever you feel hungry - hunger is really something to stave off when you're trying to shake off an alcohol dependence. Of course, that's not a great thing if you're concerned about weight - when I first started this looong process I used to always carry Jordan's Frusli bars around with me. I don't know if they're available in the states; they're cereal bars that are about 100 calories and quite low GI, so one will last you much longer than you'd expect. I carried an apple and a small bar of emergency dark chocolate around with me as well (when nothing else will do!).

Cheers,
Bupster

Sharni

Post by Sharni »

Hi Sally, this is a link I found with a bit of an explanation on the Herbal Life product. I don't like meal replacements but I thought the herbal formulas might help my body repair. Not sure though, but I am giving it a go!! I have that many pills (herbal remedies) in my cupboard what is a few more? lol Really hope it works ;)

http://www.naturalways.com.au/weight_lo ... __products

Bupster

Post by Bupster »

Do you know, HH, it's one of the biggest little reasons I'm doing pretty well at this not drinking malarkey? When I first found this forum, my weight had stabilised again, though at much less than it had been, and my goals were to have three dry days a week. Now I'm on day 12 again, by accident, and have had less than ten units (the equivalent of a bottle of wine) over the whole of the last month or so. There are lots of reasons for this; complex little reasons like trying to sort out my health and get back to work and come off painkillers and not be like the ex, and not let anyone down on here, and lots of simple big reasons that come in bold like clarity and peace and health and being able to grieve properly for a dead relationship and all the hopes that were tied up in it. But the simple little reasons keep you walking past the booze shelves, and I can get into a pair of size 10 trousers and I look good in a figure-hugging polo neck. My whole life I wanted to look good in a figure-hugging polo neck - the last time I could, my self image was so appalling and self-deluded I thought I looked awful. Now I know I look great, and I don't want the wobbly belly back, and that's a reason not to go down the 'do I want a drink?' path just by itself. <:)>

queenie

Post by queenie »

hi peeps

food wise i eat really healthily but if i have been drinking i get the munchies for cookies or sweet stuff that i never want to eat normally.

but on a healthy day i have muesli for breakfast (lidl muesli is 50% fruit and nuts so not low calorie but packed with vitamins and things) with skimmed milk then a sandwich or salad for lunch (i make my own bread in a bread machine and make it with about a quarter buckwheat or wholemeal flour and the rest white flour, and then throw in more seeds - am i a parrot?) then evening i would have pasta or fish or something - always with lots of veggies. i love dark green leafy veg and eat a lot of savoy cabbage, spinach, chard and that sort of stuff. i grow some of these in the summer and nothing beats a plate of spaghetti with leaves, herbs and tomatoes i have grown myself, topped with parmesan. i have just built a raised veg bed and i'm planning much more serious veg growing for next year so i should have stuff year round (that's the plan anyway!) i've put my name down for an allotment but the wait is at least 3 years so might not happen until i am a pensioner!

my downfall (apart from booze that is) on the weight front is cheese - i love it and eat way too much. and butter, which the bread encourages. but i reckon if i remove the booze calories from the equation the weight will come off without many other adjustments. when i cut right down last autumn i lost a stone very easily - had to wear a belt with my jeans or they slid down! now i can only just get into them...

i like running and i must get back into it - it suits me as its in the fresh air and you can wear out a dog or two at the same time. and i try and do a bit of yoga each morning although that has gone by the board lately as mornings have been mad, but now my husband is on the mend he can do more stuff.

ho hum. just got to get the booze calories under control, which is easier said than done...

Q
how many therapists does it take to change a light bulb? only one, but the light bulb has to really want to change...

Lush

Post by Lush »

I'm having my breakfast now which is porridge with skimmed milk and a banana. Nice and warming too! Also my usual massive mug of coffee with 4 spoons of coffee in it and coffee mate with one sugar. Not so healthy but it's the only coffee I'll have in a day. I'm going to blitz the house today, it's been a bit neglected lately but at least there's only me, a bit of dust and a few cat hairs to worry about! Hope the neighbours don't mind a bit of loud music while I'm being Mrs. Mop! :D

Susie
xx
"I love the English language, it has a certain je ne sais qoi".

S-J

Post by S-J »

I'm having my breakfast now which is porridge with skimmed milk and a banana. Nice and warming too! Also my usual massive mug of coffee with 4 spoons of coffee in it and coffee mate with one sugar
Bloody hell Lush, FOUR spoons of coffee! You must be able to stand the spoon up in the mug :D

I used to be a bit of a coffee addict, having three cups of hot java lava for breakfast alone. But then I realised that the reason my head felt like it was in a vice mid-morning was because all that caffeine was really dehydrating me, so now I alternate with lemon green tea.

I'm on day five now - I've lost that boozy bloated look that I had on Saturday morning and just stocked up on loads of healthy food, Christmas is six weeks tomorrow so with a bit of luck I should be able to lose ten pounds. Of course that all depends on whether I stay on the wagon or not, but I've no desire to at the moment.

SJ x

btw there's an emoticom called 'Razz' (first one on the fourth row down) - anyone know what context you'd use it in, buggered if I know!
"The beauty of life is finding the balance between peace and passion."

chrissie

Post by chrissie »

Hi guys

Went to ww yesterday, lost half a pound which I guess was a positive move, but not been very good since I got back. Going awayy to stay in a hotel this weekend, which will be lovely but doubly hard with the food temptations (it's a big social thing both nights so I won't be in control of what's on offer) and obviously there is the temptation of drink, which I am not doing too well with at the mo (see confession thread!).

Keep trying to tell myself not to give up (both the weight loss attempt and the abstinence attempt, which I guess are linked) but seem to have lost my motivation a bit. Having a hangover isn't helping. Now I get a hangover after half a bottle of wine - what's that all about !!!!!

I think I need some positive vibes - send me some!!

Chrissie xx
one day at a time