Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
Maria
Last Drink Date: 17 Jan 2021
First Sober Date: 18 Jan 2021

Re: Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Post by Maria »

Hi all
I#m back like a bad Penny...need to sort my drinking again...will join you all in the weight management too..if your'll have me..
Im up to do the role calltommorrow...good too see familiar names and Hi to all you newbies ;)?
Mar <:)> ia
Never stop trying... Never stop believing .. Never give up .. Your day will come !

JFDI

Post by JFDI »

Hey Everyone.

Nearly at the end of Day 5. Feeling great however unhealthy as lm eating so much.. Tomorrow (being monday), lm going to try and be a little more mindfull of what l eat.. And drink more water.

So,,,
Next Week,,
-No alchol
-More Water
-Less Sugar
-More Fruit

Weigh in tomorrow !!.Im not sure if anyone has heard of isagenix ?. I did it in June. Did really well the first 3 weeks but failed in the 4th week. Havent been able to get back on track since. Still have lots of the product left so l might try this but not full on.

Tam

Septem

Post by Septem »

Sep
Last edited by Septem on 30 Sep 2014 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

Sheila
Last Drink Date: 17 Aug 2018

Post by Sheila »

Hey Maria <:)> good to see you \:)/
Sep's right, some of us oldies are still here, still trying ;)
How's your running going?

Tam, that sounds like a good plan for next week, don't put too much pressure on yourself, keep it simple ;)?
I've not heard of Isagenix, you'll have to fill us in!

My trusty pedometer app has decided to misbehave so I've been searching the App Store for another.

I've found a pedometer app for an iPhone called Pacer and if you use MFP, with your permission, it connects to it and adds the calories you've burnt during the day, all on it's own!
You don't even have to use a stop/start button, it does it all automatically .... Spookey :lol:

I have to say it's not overly generous with its calories, but it's probably more realistic!

I think I'm going to log my meals again this week, and now Jess is nearly back to normal exercise, it'll be interesting to put it to the test!
#4 on the 2021 Challenge
I will not drink again no matter what.

Sandy
Last Drink Date: 21 Aug 2009

Post by Sandy »

Mmm well you know how technically challenged I am Sheila but does thus thing do all the working out then?
Maria! Brill to see you back
JfDI and MC you both sound in a good place

Anyone seen Dave?

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Gerard, but he didn't come into the gym???
Curious and curiouser
Dave!
You have some explaining to do :?:

jaxom7

Post by jaxom7 »

'ere, I am on holiday y'know! :lol: Very limited time for tinterneting. You know how it is. Sunbathing, running indoors when a shower appears, more sunbathing. And all this in between running - at last, proper running - and walking.

Normal dis-service will be resumed in 10 days time and that will be 10 days of eating sensibly, 10 days fitter and 10 days further from the last drink. Guaranteed.

You all have a good day <:)> ;)?

Dave

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Ok if it's a holiday you are excused Dave
Be back here sharpshooter mind!
How is everyone today?
I am feeling a wee bit more positive about my weight loss challenge this week
I want to wear quite a fitted dress on Saturday at a night out so going to go low carb this week and
As much exercise as I can manage!
Ok work calls :roll:
Have a good day everyone

MissCheese
Last Drink Date: 06 Nov 2011

Post by MissCheese »

Morning all,

No change in weight for me this week, so 9 st 12.5 lbs. Can't really have expected any more after just 2 good days lol. I have my Sister coming to stay for a long weekend on Friday so I need to be very good this week to make up for any upcoming overindulgence!

Great to see you back Maria \:)/

Hope everyone has a good week <:)>
MissCheese

fresh-start
Last Drink Date: 16 Aug 2021

Post by fresh-start »

Morning all!

Sandy, you will look fab in that fitted dress! \:)/

MC you sound motivated this morning! ;)?
#10 on the 2021 Challenge

Maria
Last Drink Date: 17 Jan 2021
First Sober Date: 18 Jan 2021

Post by Maria »

Hi all
Yay Sheila Miss Cheese Septem , Sandy...good to see your still here \:)/ ...Wil get to know everyone soon..Maratha that weight loss seems great ;)?
Not running as much but did 2 triathalons this year...could do with losing half a stone...so onwards and upwards...shall we set our goals and do a role call?
Never stop trying... Never stop believing .. Never give up .. Your day will come !

MissCheese

Post by MissCheese »

Morning!

I didn't do too well yesterday, ate about 2,000 calories :( I'm afraid I indulged in a Kitkat Chunky and a couple of chocolate biscuits. Then cooked a pack of Chipolatas that needed to be cooked, only had four but boy they have quite a few calories and tasted so salty.

In fact I had a small can of Heinz beans the other week and it tasted like pudding! I usually go for the reduced salt and sugar cans.

This diet malarky can be so confusing. There was a great interview on Radio 4's Womens Hour yesterday about Fructose. You should definitely listen again if you can, it was around about 10.20 a.m. it made a lot of sense to me and kind of convinced me to cut out as much sugar as possible. Basically our bodies developed to gorge and lay down fat when we eat fruit to help us gain weight for the leaner winter, therefore taking full advantage of fruit when it was in season. Whereas when we eat meat we more or less use the calories immediately and it triggers satiety so we don't over eat.

Then last night there was a program about eating meat and they found that red meat in moderation is fine but eating processed meat, such as sausages, bacon, cold meats, was very very bad for us. I often eat bacon, in fact had 2 rashers of streaky last night with 4 sausages all cooked up with half a cabbage and a ton of green beans.

Confused.com

My goal is to get back down to 9 st 7 lbs, so that is 5.5 lbs to lose, Maria.

That's a good loss Martha \:)/ Can you shake things up a bit by maybe eating a lot one day and then a lot less the next, kind of keep your metabolism guessing?

Where did Michelle go?
MissCheese

Sheila

Post by Sheila »

:? Quiet day here today, where is everyone?? :?

Not much to report, weight still the same which I'm happy about, and daily walking is getting back to normal again with Jess now she's recovered well from her op ;)?

Today I managed to do just over 8000 steps \:)/

My goal is to maintain my current weight and to go out walking every day ;)?
#4 on the 2021 Challenge

MissCheese

Post by MissCheese »

Didn't have a good day yesterday, was out most of the day so just ate sandwiches and chocolate :? I did a couple of hours gardening when I got home but not enough to burn off what I ate, plenty walking at work too.
MissCheese

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

Afternoon all

I had a little AF slip too yesterday. Was in Home Bargains at the checkout. Only went in for soap and sun lotion. There was a queue and next to it was all the booze.

Without really thinking anything except I fancy a treat whilst I peruse the M&S sale online I bought 2 minature bottles which are equivalent to half a bottle.

Drank them within about an hour whilst I was online shopping.

To be honest it didn't taste that nice and I hardly felt any nice relaxed feelings so it was so not worth it.

They reckon I should stay with them on the 3 week thread rather than go back down the snake to square 1!

We are off to the lakes at the weekend and instead of boozing I am treating us to GF afternoon tea by Ullswater. Its pricey but won't be nearly as much as if I was drinking all weekend. :oops:

No other pup news except our decided name is Holly! Sheila likes it as it rolls off the tongue nicely in the middle of a field! :lol:

MissCheese

Post by MissCheese »

Been poorly all day :( Initially thought I was poorly because I forgot my medication before bed but if I take a half dose when I get up the painful head and sickness usually passes within a couple of hours but that didn't work today. So I haven't been to work and I only ate two bowls of fruit and fibre during the day but ate a baguette with ham and light mayo for my dinner. Early night and hopefully I'll be back on top tomorrow.

Good to hear both Nic and Michelle are both back right on the wagon after your slips, keep trying <:)>
MissCheese

Sheila

Post by Sheila »

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly MC, hope you feel better soon <:)>

Just wanted to mention it quietly in here that Sandy, our Tough Mudder Queen, is 5 Years AF Today!!!

\:)/ \:)/ <:)> \:)/ \:)/

Just thought I'd mention it :lol:
#4 on the 2021 Challenge

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

Keep trucking Marth!

MC, hope you are feeling a bit better this morning. <:)>

x

JFDI

Post by JFDI »

Evening every one.

Day 9 for me and going ok. Feeling a bit stressed tonight. Everyone is giving me the shits. Normally l would have sank quite a few drinks by now and wouldn't care. Being sober makes me uptight.

My eating is going great and even been exercising. Just need to learn to relax :x

Hope every one is going good

Tam

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start »

5 years today! What an achievement Sandy! \:)/