Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
Newt

Re: Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Post by Newt »

fresh-start wrote:
06 Jan 2022 18:45
Newt wrote:
05 Jan 2022 16:40
Sounds nice ;)?
:lol2:

You should see the rest of the selection box he got for Christmas ;)
I was addicted to the hokey cokey until I turned myself around.

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Right, I’ve booked to do a strength class with a few people tomorrow at 10am. I can’t swerve it because I’ve told them I’m coming and now I’ve told all of you too! I do need to do some cardio too though, maybe next week? Or might do a Body Combat on Saturday - that one is always a good calorie burner, not that that’s the point but it’s nice to know how hard you’ve worked :D

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

Swordgirl: I’d swear I’m getting fitter just by reading your posts! 😂
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom”
Viktor E. Frankl.

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

VM :lol2: :lol2:

I had a terrible sleep last night and if I could avoid this class I would! No pain no gain! Still not going to go mad with the weights although I did use my 10K kettlebell yesterday (but only for two handed swings) I desperately need enough self discipline to sort out my sleep.

fresh-start
Last Drink Date: 04 Mar 2022

Post by fresh-start »

Newt wrote:
06 Jan 2022 19:05
fresh-start wrote:
06 Jan 2022 18:45
Newt wrote:
05 Jan 2022 16:40
Sounds nice ;)?
:lol2:

You should see the rest of the selection box he got for Christmas ;)
Haha!!! (::)
#10 on the 2022 Challenge

fresh-start
Last Drink Date: 04 Mar 2022

Post by fresh-start »

Lol VM! :D

Good luck Swordie!! ;)?

I am struggling to get my motivation built up. Might start Monday. :)
#10 on the 2022 Challenge

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Did Metabolic Conditioning instead of strength so got weights and cardio - result! Tried to up my weights a bit as well 🥵

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

Well done swordgirl 👏

Stuck to my diet as well as not drinking.
Felt very lethargic after work and so kettlebell stuff was more to loosen up and not genuine exercise.
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom”
Viktor E. Frankl.

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Cheers VM ;)? And well done yourself on the sensible food, no drink and kettlebells (::)

Am definitely doing something tomorrow, probably Body Combat and then if I’m really up for it might join a strength class afterwards. My pre-covid Saturday double was always combat and pump ❤️ Last summer I knew someone who was running combat classes in the park but I never went because i wasn’t confident enough, this year I would love it if I was able to go.

Anyone else got any plans for activity on Saturday? You’ll love it once you've done it :D ()o

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Strength class done - boom! 💥

Bit shaky now so it must have been good! Not going to push it by doing 2 classes back to back. I can either do one later or do one tomorrow. This is me right now: ()o :D

Newt

Post by Newt »

And boy oh boy do I find the end result very
aesthetic
Swordie ()o

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Wow! I will have to watch in full later but she is ripped! Something to aspire to! :mrgreen:

Newt

Post by Newt »

Sub the channel Swordie, read the about, he's a prof of sports science and nutrition and stopped teaching it to join renaissanceperiodization.com (can't do a hyperlink, TC will ban me for spamming)

You will learn a lot from Dr Mike in a very digestible way ;)?

Keep it up you (::)

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

Weigh day.
9lbs off: so back to my lightest of 13 Dec 👍
1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan (CWP) really works for me.

Looking to lose another 7lbs and see how that feels/looks.

Kettlebell work is sporadic so need to structure this.
Viktor E. Frankl.

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Well done VM! 9lbs! That’s amazing \:)/ (::)

I didn’t do any fitness yesterday, my left triceps were quite stiff. I really should have gone for a walk, realised that if I don’t do it first thing it won’t happen. Got quite a lot on with work today so don’t think I can squeeze in a morning workout. Will have to see if I can do an early evening instead. I weighed myself this weekend. My electronic scales don’t work anymore as I discovered after buying new batteries, they didn’t last long :evil: I have my old mechanical ones which I suspect under-weigh me, but even taking that into account I am a good stone lighter than I guessed I was :D Still got to shift a lot of weight though, think I am going to break it down into chunks rather than look at it as a whole. Still doing MFP which is helping, managed to keep within my calories yesterday, just!

Looking forward to hearing what everyone is up to

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Not done anything today either :oops: I feel rather ashamed of myself. I really should have just done something. I’m not sure when to fit anything in tomorrow due to work and other jobs. Better get out of bed a bit earlier I think! Am just about staying roughly on my calories but haven’t really counted milk in coffee (3 cups today) or this no/low sugar squash that I seem to be guzzling so that might throw everything out slightly.

How about everyone else? Any plans for food or fitness?

na
Last Drink Date: 07 Sep 2018

Post by na »

Hi SG
I’m off to the gym today. Took me 3 days to recover after my last weights session. Need to build stamina.
Sometimes I’ll just squat while the kettles on or do bicep curls when I’m stood in the kitchen when I’m not able to get full workouts in. A 5 minute Tabata when I get out of bed in the morning kick starts the metabolism too. High knees on the spot 20 seconds on 10 seconds off x 8
Na x
Change is always possible - anytime, at any moment

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Hi Na
How was the gym? That’s a great idea about squeezing in some reps through the day ;)? I managed to at least get a walk in for the last 2 days, not managed the full 10,000 but about 7K which is reasonable for me, 10K would take an hour and I’m a bit time poor this week. Still living in hope of doing a workout soon. Another walk tomorrow as I have to take the car to the garage and walk back and then return to collect it, every little helps!

Newt

Post by Newt »

The gyms open tomorrow, we are back to partial lockdown ;)? So the dumbbells can return to gathering dust in the bedroom and I can enjoy a proper leg day again \:)/

This'll be about my fifth warmup week in two years (w)

Maypole
Last Drink Date: 26 Dec 2021

Post by Maypole »

Really inspired by you all.. and the leg and arm days? What does this mean? Do you go t the gym every day? For how long? Do you go on machines? Go to classes? I am a bit scared of classes… get panicked. Do you use treadmills etc?

I have had 3 weeks of eating well, no drinking low calories and incorporating vegetables and heaps of water and have only lost 1.5 kg… It is heartbreaking.. I had hoped to lose at least 3 kg by now.. and especially more because I put so much on so quickly from July to Xmas.

I need to increase the exercise… try to walk at last 5,000 steps a day to start. Really hard work did those of you who had had success need a month or so just to deal with the sobriety before you had energy to get really into the exercise?

:\: :\: