Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Re: Darcy's Fitness and Weight Management Club

Post by Spats » 26 Nov 2019 21:00

Mmm after that lovely loss last week I think it’s going back on again ()o Arrived here earlier and hadn’t eaten that much but wasn’t particularly hungry. However had few sandwiches at friends house but forgot she and her son have both got a sweet tooth so out came the choccie biscuits (w) Never mind, next weigh in isn’t till Saturday now ;)?

silvergirl

Post by silvergirl » 27 Nov 2019 20:41

Wotcher spats. I find if I eat one biscuit I eat them all. No self control. Better not have the first one really, much the same as booze. I’ve gained for the last two weeks so have decided to actually stop eating rubbish. This is day 3. :mrgreen: Hope it can stick this time, a treat now and again might not be so bad but it was really getting ridiculous. :roll:

\:)/ sgx
you can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
~jon kabat-zinn

MT Glass

Post by MT Glass » 30 Nov 2019 08:42

Hi guys.

Great to see the regulars still posting here and doing ok.

Been a bit mixed here fitness is good but mixed results on the drinking, no disasters but tend to binge a couple of days a week determined to knock it out in December as I normally drink less then anyway, working in retail is long hours over Christmas and not keen on busy pubs.

Completed a Marathon in October in 4.30 which was really pleased about incredibly tough but hit my target time so happy with that.

Totally agree about biscuits for me they are as addictive as the booze I just can not have them in the house as I will eat them all.Sugar is so addictive!

Heres to a (mostly for me) dry December.

:\:

silvergirl

Post by silvergirl » 07 Dec 2019 11:39

Well done on the marathon MT, an achievement in whatever time! \:)/

So the latest 12 week challenge at work saw me gain 6lb in 12 weeks. :roll: Half a stone on every three months does not bode well so I have booked myself back in to the gym and will try to plan sensible food for the next few weeks. :shock: I am mired in apathy though and it feels like a bit much effort to eat fruit and not Jaffa cakes. :|

:geek: sgx
~jon kabat-zinn

Winkler
Last Drink Date: 06 Apr 2019

Post by Winkler » 08 Dec 2019 09:10

I know where you’re coming from SG!

I’ve gained half a stone since stopping SW few weeks ago.
I don’t want to go back to being on any kind of diet but also cannot take or leave sugar
Last night I popped into a shop to buy toothpaste and also came out with 2 custard tarts and 2 cream slices.
I ate them all :oops:

So now is the time to focus with December well under way!
No chance ever of a marathon here, sadly, mr glass but I can definitely pick the exercise up
Fruit will be my new junk 🍇 🍈 🍉
Truth waits for eyes unclouded by longing - Lao Tzu

Leslans
Last Drink Date: 10 Nov 2019

Post by Leslans » 08 Dec 2019 14:47

Omg Winkler, I’m exactly the same at the moment. I lost 2lbs this week and getting on the scales this morning I’ve put on 3. I’m addicted to bloody sugar now. I was awake during the night thinking I was going to have to do something about it, because otherwise I’m going to be really hefty after Christmas 😵😵

It’s not overeating at meal times it’s chocolate and cake. I’ve got ski pants to get in to just in the New Year and currently I will need a shoe horn!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I will focus again, it’s the same kind of pattern as with drink. Be really good for 5/6 days then I eat everything in sight. I did exactly that with booze. Mental health problems methinks. I’m obviously eating to mask internal issues. God almighty I’m clearly a complete fruitcake :D
"Don't look back, you're not going that way"

Winkler

Post by Winkler » 08 Dec 2019 19:28

It feels very like an addiction to me leslans
Get rid of one, another gets stronger tut
That’s not to say we aren’t fruitcakes too lol
Hey ho, 1 day at a time for now :D
Them ski pants have a bit of stretch no? ;)

Leslans

Post by Leslans » 14 Dec 2019 08:02

So I’m net 1 pound off in two weeks..........that actually means I put a pound on this week :D :D I’m trying to take this seriously now and baby steps it is. In terms of a healthy weight range I’ve a stone really, maybe 10 pounds. A bit like the booze really it’s how I feel though and I’ve been eating lots of rubbish with the exception of yesterday when I decided to reign it in. If I can be 2 more pounds off before Christmas and maintain that I can go with that. After Christmas I’ve got two ski breaks in January so I need to get my backside in gear......literally.

This fitness and weight management thing is all part of the bigger picture for me and the whole healthier lifestyle way is what I strive for. So I’m going to check in each Saturday morning, if not before to post where I’m up to. It’s probably very boring for everyone else but it’s just a method of discipline.

Happy Saturday morning everyone x

Winkler

Post by Winkler » 14 Dec 2019 09:35

Leslans wrote:
14 Dec 2019 08:02
This fitness and weight management thing is all part of the bigger picture for me and the whole healthier lifestyle way is what I strive for. So I’m going to check in each Saturday morning, if not before to post where I’m up to. It’s probably very boring for everyone else but it’s just a method of discipline
Me too, me too!
12 stone 3 :oops:

Leslans

Post by Leslans » 14 Dec 2019 12:06

I’m 10.11 but as I’m a hobbit that’s far too much (w) (w)

Sandy
Last Drink Date: 21 Aug 2009

Post by Sandy » 15 Dec 2019 09:19

Morning all
Tough time of the year for the sweet toothed among us??!!
I am hoping to have a very strict week this week with sensible eating and some exercise...…….kind of damage limitation as to what's ahead.
Accountability is definitely the key :?

Sandy

Post by Sandy » 16 Dec 2019 09:23

Ok my strict week has begun!
Gym done at 6:30...…….feels great...………..except it was very dark and cold this morning and we had snow

Sandy

Post by Sandy » 17 Dec 2019 07:04

Is it just me myself and I?
ok I will bore myself...……..
good day food wise yesterday ...up until I realised there was still a magnum in the freezer last night :oops: :roll:
Gym tonight \:)/

Sheila
Last Drink Date: 17 Aug 2018

Post by Sheila » 17 Dec 2019 07:28

Sandy, I'd have done exactly the same if I'd found a magnum left in my freezer, I just can't resist them so I have to be really strong and not buy them. Easier said than done but a bit easier during the colder months.

I'm still following the 5:2 diet and am now just 2lbs away from my goal weight. I know that I'll put a bit back on over the festive season but I'm not going to worry about it, after all, Xmas is only really a couple of days ......

Hi everyone :\:
#4 on the 2020 Challenge
I will not drink again no matter what.

Winkler

Post by Winkler » 17 Dec 2019 07:32

Hey sandy!
I was doing ok until last night then hit the biscuits followed by ice cream after dinner, which was delayed due to guests
Actually I had a filet of fish meal for lunch too

So actually not doing ok at all!
Although I did go to Pilates
Need to plan better
Will start a food diary.

Well done Sheila!

Sandy

Post by Sandy » 20 Dec 2019 06:25

getting quieter and quieter hers a the big day approaches.
Not had a good couple of days but off to the gym this morning and not leaving until I have done 10,000 steps and some other sweaty stuff

Sandy

Post by Sandy » 20 Dec 2019 13:26

Sandy wrote:
20 Dec 2019 06:25
getting quieter and quieter hers a the big day approaches.
Not had a good couple of days but off to the gym this morning and not leaving until I have done 10,000 steps and some other sweaty stuff
ok so that didn't happen ,,the gym did, but the 10,000 steps never ………...of course I could have lied and told you I did :lol2:

silvergirl

Post by silvergirl » 20 Dec 2019 20:41

Well at least you went to the gym sandy. \:)/

Nothing to report here, too much chocolate not enough exercise. Bulges are appearing on top of the bulges. Ach well, it is what it is.

Nice to see so many fitties though! \:)/

Sgx
~jon kabat-zinn

Winkler

Post by Winkler » 21 Dec 2019 07:37

Well it is xmas SG, not known as a time for self restraint!

Well done for hitting the gym Sandy

12 stone this morning, 3 lbs down yea!
Due in large part to dancing and dehydration last night, I’m sure but even so I’m encouraged
In reality there prolly not much chance of a loss next week but I’m resolved to avoid starting on the chocolates as a nod to weight management! It never ends well 😆

Leslans

Post by Leslans » 21 Dec 2019 08:17

I’m stalking you winks. 1lb on 😡😡 10.12. Had my hair done and my hairdresser has lot just over a stone at SlimmingWorld. She looked fab. She really motivated me so will definitely get my act together after next week. Well done on losing 3lbs no mean feat. Bloody weight, bloody alcohol :D