Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

What Has Made You Happy/Angry/Sad/Proud/Grateful Today?

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
pickles
Last Drink Date: 17 Sep 2012

Re: What Has Made You Happy/Angry/Sad/Proud Today?

Post by pickles » 26 Jul 2015 16:04

Hello Finley, I,m sorry to read what you are going through. Can you ask the police that you can have their number ,instead of it showing up as a private number and have a different ring tone so then you would know it was the police . The only thing I can think of is to change mobile phones/ numbers and for your daughter also .

Have someone over perhaps although I understand you wouldn't want them too involved. And think of extra locks on the front door . Perhaps not be on BE when at work ( sorry a film I saw with Ben Affleck once and they hack into his account , find out what his character is up to) . I do hope this person will stop all this , I hope get bored or realise that she could be / has been / the phone calls have been reported . It's disgusting people do this , I wonder if she has done it before .

Do you know any of your colleagues who have been threatened before and could you try to find out how they put a stop to it ?

Keep safe Finley , you, your daughter and dog. <:)>
' Normal ' is just a setting on the washing machine .

Finley

Post by Finley » 26 Jul 2015 16:38

Thanks Pickles <:)> The police say they'll be here by 6pm. I am going to let them have my mobile (if they'll take it) and get a new one. Unfortunately since I work from home, my computer is 'for everything'. I know this person has made threats to the person who was previously her solicitor and will be giving the solicitor's number to the police when they come...
I want to be the best me I can be ...

Songlian

Post by Songlian » 26 Jul 2015 18:31

Finley,

I'm sorry you're going through this.

The police do have an override number that they can dial prior to dialling your number and it shows up as a number on your phone. I can't remember what it is though but you could remind them of that. (I'm not police by the way, just know a bit about malicious communications).

It's likely that they may not need to take your phone but do get a new SIM card and change your number if it's not too inconvenient.

But do be prepared that if the caller is calling from a PAYG phone then there may be nothing that the police can do as they won't be able to prove it is them.

You've done the right thing in reporting this though but please be vigilant.

I hope it stops and it usually does as the police will most probably speak to them to warn them.

Take care

Finley

Post by Finley » 26 Jul 2015 19:18

Thanks Songlian <:)>

I hope it does stop because it's wrecked my entire weekend and feels horrid. I'm quite exhausted from having very little sleep last night and also I think it's taken it out of me on an emotional level. Am not drinking though - that would really feel like defeat.....

tj_okay
Last Drink Date: 25 Dec 2017

Post by tj_okay » 26 Jul 2015 19:47

you have my sympathy finley, i know from personal experience how difficult it can be to get the police to do anything. i was actually physically assaulted last year in my own home, the police came and took the person away but refused to do anything further... i had to threaten the police with a complaint to even get them to come out and talk to me, they refused to look at evidence; the brick they had bashed the door in with, the texts sent the next day admitting what they had done and apologizing... in the end they went and told the person to stay away. took me weeks to get that lame result.

make a note of every call , time and content, record the calls if you can
make a note of every time you phone the police and any action or inaction they take
be prepared to ask to talk to someone senior if you are unsatisfied

hope you get some results, good luck

tj

oh... and bloody well done not drinking through this (::)
Insert inspirational quote here....

Songlian

Post by Songlian » 26 Jul 2015 19:58

You're very welcome. Don't let them win and I hope they get their comeuppance.

<:)>

Finley

Post by Finley » 26 Jul 2015 19:59

Thanks tj

I kept a log of everything that's happened and handed the police a copy when they visited earlier. I hope it'll all be dealt with and an end put to this abuse soon. Your experience sounds awful xxx

Thanks Songlian xxx

MissJo
Last Drink Date: 31 Dec 2012

Post by MissJo » 26 Jul 2015 23:28

Hugs Finley! <:)> <:)>

Stay strong and this person will get their comeuppance. You've done nothing wrong. Jo xx
MissJo

First joined July 31st 2012
#21~ 2016 Drinking Challenge

Finley

Post by Finley » 27 Jul 2015 07:59

Thanks Miss Jo <:)>

sweethope
Last Drink Date: 14 Aug 2016

Post by sweethope » 27 Jul 2015 08:38

Finley my goodness just read back on your situation hope it gets sorted pronto!! You take care and keep close by <:)> Xx
'Sobriety offers everything drinking destroys!'

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat » 27 Jul 2015 09:30

Finners <:)> <:)>
#5 on the 2020 Challenge
Today is our most precious possession.

Finley

Post by Finley » 27 Jul 2015 12:42

Thanks TC <:)> Back from work now - it was only a fairly short and fairly local thing - and am really glad I went because although I'm tired, it's better for me if normal life continues pretty much. On the way home I bought dog a new lead with a 'bad ass' chain attached (not a choke chain of course, it will just fix to his collar like a normal lead). If this person does turn up, I'll let 'em have it :twisted:

silvergirl

Post by silvergirl » 27 Jul 2015 20:14

blimers finners! you've got some pretty extreme stuff going on for you just now! :shock:

hope it gets resolved sharpish. <:)>

all the very best,
sgx
you can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
~jon kabat-zinn

Elizabeth41
Last Drink Date: 17 Dec 2015

Post by Elizabeth41 » 27 Jul 2015 20:19

Happy to have lovely bosses and colleagues. First full day back at work after my accident and exhausted.
Bosses told me to go home and rest. Rest? In this mad house? Lol

Angry that daughter trashes our home and I had to clean up after her day at home (I refuse to live in a pig sty)

Sad that I have no energy So tired and in bed whilst daughter and her mates loudly watch movies downstairs and OH has gone out drinking He needs to get tipsy to play darts ?

Oh woe is me :lol:
I drink myself to a place where I don't care but wake up a person who cares enormously :oops:

Shadowlad
Last Drink Date: 28 Dec 2012

Post by Shadowlad » 27 Jul 2015 22:05

Hey Finley <:)> Horrendous situation for you and like others i really hope it all get's resolved soon. You take care of yourself xxxx

Hello Elizebeth, good to hear you are supported at work ;)? I have a teenager at home too, and get sick of having to clear up a trail of mess around the house ! You have my sympathies :)
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Dennis P. Kimbro

Elizabeth41
Last Drink Date: 17 Dec 2015

Post by Elizabeth41 » 31 Jul 2015 22:09

Happy after a nice day out with family
Angry that oh asks if I want lager in the country pub and joked that I'm a sissy when I said NO alcohol then in the supermarket was going to buy me a bottle of PIMMS?
Sad as this concussion from my accident two weeks ago is lingering
Proud that I went to a few pubs today and only drank coke \:)/
I drink myself to a place where I don't care but wake up a person who cares enormously :oops:

Shadowlad

Post by Shadowlad » 02 Aug 2015 13:03

Hello to all who have posted here <:)>

Would just like to share a few feelings too,

Happy : Feeling really happy right now at a very meaningful and trusting relationship that is developing with a wonderful person.

Angry : No. Nothing at present. Only when i try and get through to government offices, follow the directions of the automated voice, wait for fifty minutes to get passed on to another number only to end up back on the automated voice again ! ! :evil: (not to mention the torturous crappy 'music' that they made me listen to in the process ! Arghh !! )

Sad : Have a few worries about my son. I'm sure it will all work out, but am worried nonetheless.

Proud : Proud of myself and other lovely people on here who have never given up trying to free themselves of their alcohol problems. :D

Dennis P. Kimbro

pickles
Last Drink Date: 17 Sep 2012

Post by pickles » 02 Aug 2015 13:29

Hi shadow , is it the anxiety with your son ? I,m sure he will be ok for the flight . We all worry about our children and you seem a good mum to both your kids . If it helps to post more, then do . If he is keeping things 'bottled' up I guess it's not easy . I hope things get better soon <:)>

Waiting on the phone! Yep , I find that annoying also and the after all the waiting , you get " your call can not be taken right now, please try again later. Thank you and goodbye :shock: !

Take care and have a good Sunday afternoon.

Almost happy: that we have the boxes and furniture moved. Thank goodness for OH's muscles , he is handy sometimes .

Daughter is getting used to her spare room, like living in a box room atm . And dog is sniffing around getting feathers or sellotape on his 'doorbell ' nose , looking cross eyed at it and then trying to sneeze it off ! I don't know :roll:

Finley hope things are ok with you . Everyone else too ;)?

Edit : Cilla Black has died, that was unexpected :(
' Normal ' is just a setting on the washing machine .

Finley

Post by Finley » 02 Aug 2015 14:46

Angry - calls are continuing and lack of police action :evil:

Happy - just had a good walk in sunshine with dog - walking folks are so friendly as a rule - someone will always have a little chat :)

Sad - to hear of Cilla's death at a relatively young age :(

Proud - ditto what Shadowlad said ;)?

Shadowlad

Post by Shadowlad » 02 Aug 2015 14:52

Pickles40 wrote:Post by Pickles40 » 02 Aug 2015 13:29

Hi shadow , is it the anxiety with your son ? I,m sure he will be ok for the flight . We all worry about our children and you seem a good mum to both your kids . If it helps to post more, then do . If he is keeping things 'bottled' up I guess it's not easy . I hope things get better soon
Thank you Pickles <:)>

Yes, the flight is part of it. Infact he is showing no enthusiasm for this holiday whatsoever. I have messaged you as the flight is not all of the worry, but luckily i have people to offload with . Thank you for your concern dear Pickles <:)>

That is sad about Cilla, i like her and her fab Blind date show that she once hosted.
Pickles40 wrote: Daughter is getting used to her spare room, like living in a box room atm . And dog is sniffing around getting feathers or sellotape on his 'doorbell ' nose , looking cross eyed at it and then trying to sneeze it off ! I don't know
Good stuff ;)? And your dog's antics are making me smile again ! :D
Pickles40 wrote:Take care and have a good Sunday afternoon.
You too Pickles ;)?
Finley wrote:Angry - calls are continuing and lack of police action
Oh Finley, i am sorry <:)> keep sharing with us to try and offload the immense stress of it all. Remember you are strong. She can not break you. Perhaps it is time for a solicitor if you, ( you may have already done that)

Thinking of you Finley xxx

Dennis P. Kimbro