Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

The To Do List

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
aj

Re: The To Do List

Post by aj » 02 Feb 2020 12:55

It’s so interesting, and how coincidental that you were able to find out all about your house by buying a table 🙂 I forgot to mention that the house has the exact same wallpaper in the front room as I had had in my two previous homes, yes, I liked it that much 😂. I think your Mum’s neighbours house would be heaven to a house hunter looking for that period’s authenticity.
Have fun in Sainsbury’s 🤔

Rachel
Last Drink Date: 20 Jul 2012

Post by Rachel » 02 Feb 2020 18:06

It's nice that the table returned to it's place of origin. I suppose the house was rennovated by Brits and the ex pat community is not that big.

Funny re your wallpaper!

Mum's neighbours house is not all 'old'. They just left bits they saw no need to replace I suppose. He has been there all is life. His paretns must have bought it when he was a baby/toddler and it was a new build.

Forewent Sainsbury's in lieu of a nap, (but was kept awake by clingy cat). I did plant out the snowdrops and bluebells, though, before going to bed. 25 of each. Feeling rather virtuous. ()o It wasn't too difficult though. I discovered that the soil under the trees/shrubs where I put them was surprisingly soft. Elsewhere it's very hard to get into. I am thinking maybe it's been improved by years of fallen leaves. Sooo.... I should try putting manure down on the hard to get into bits. Roots might still be an issue though. And it's one thing to push an dibber in. Quite another to dig a hole with a spade or fork.
Rachel

Action

Post by Action » 03 Feb 2020 04:46

Morning Everyone,

When my mum brought her house it had the tiniest kitchen, literally just enough room to stand in and turn around. It was literally two steps from the hallway door to the back door! She had an extension and now has the loveliest kitchen/diner/day room with huge windows (floor to ceiling) and a skylight.

Sorry to hear that you have both been feeling under the weather Danny and Rachel. :? It’s a rotten time of year for bugs.

I’m wide awake, been tossing and turning all night. :shock: Will catch up with me later I’m sure.

To Do
Go back to sleep
Wake up
Shower
Eat healthy breakfast (not the remains of last nights pizza 🍕)
Partner will walk dog so I can have a lazy morning ;)?
Eye test
Bit of admin
Drop partner back home
Dinner
Tv
Bed.
#38 on 2020 Challenge
Take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs. Mark out a straight path for your feet.

aj

Post by aj » 03 Feb 2020 08:13

Your Mum’s house sounds lovely Action 🙂 hope you managed to get some more sleep. Rachel your garden is going to be lovely all your hard work will be worth it, I always imagine it as a little place of tranquility in the city.

To do:
Usual
C25k 7/2 \/ \:)/

The terror related incident yesterday happened on my daughter’s high street, weirdly I didn’t get panicked or worried about it. Is this because my mind won’t go there or is it acceptance of the world we live in and this is what might happen? I shall though be having very strong words with her again (as I have before) about walking home on her own at 3am in the morning 😞

Have a good one everybody. <:)>
Last edited by aj on 03 Feb 2020 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 03 Feb 2020 13:18

Not a bug for me, Action, I think. Just a psychophysical reaction to the weekend :o

Streatham is very near to me too. I used to go there a lot, but less so since we moved a couple of miles away. It is still a bit too close to home, though. I think there was a sense that, when in central London, there is danger, but out in the suburbs, one is safer. i.e. you can go home after work, and leave it behind. I am not freaking out about it too much but waiting for my mother to start saying how worried she is about me. That's the last thing I need. Apart from turning it into being about her, I only cope with living in London by trying not to think about things too much. I am afraid to say that I am a bit put off Borough market after what happened. That one really did shake me.
I was utterly freaked out by all the IRA stuff in the late 80s, and caught the bus home for ages after September 11th (I didn't think they would bomb buses...)
And then there is the coronavirus to worry about...
Anyway. I'll just bury my ostrich head in the sand again and get on with the day ;)

I am having a day of no obligation. I am working, of course. I need to summon up the energy to go and get some lunch (was still awake at 3.30am this morning). May go to sainsbury's etc this evening. Will see. But nothing much to do really other than work. (I am reading mermaid stories fo rone of the next books I will be working on :) )
Rachel

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 04 Feb 2020 11:10

I ended up doing quite a bit last night when I got home. There were four piles/puddles of cat sick to clear up. One of the cats (naming no names, Lily) had trodden in her poo in the cat litter box and got it all over the 'lid'/cover, so had to clean that and changed the cat litter while I was at it. (Last changed on Saturday. they seem to be doing a prodigious amount of pooing these days :o I hope that's not a symptom of something bad.) Lily also smelt of it... I then vacuumed the lean to (where the litter box is) the floor of which was covered with cat litter. Then, I vacuumed the kitchen floor. And then, when husband got home, went to Sainsbury's. I was on the verge of tears with tiredness after all this, though :(

To do:
ring vets' for meds for Basil
I ought to go to Liverpool street to have my travel card updated...
make dinner
other stuff

I hope everyone's day is going well.
Rachel

pickles
Last Drink Date: 17 Sep 2012

Post by pickles » 04 Feb 2020 12:55

<:)> for you Rachel . I can imagine that you would just want a bit of ‘you time’ and then what with happening to Lily . Is she stressed because Basil is not well ? I just ask because when older dog got sick,younger dog was so nervous and would pee in places she usually wouldn’t,and walk around nervously.

How are you ,Danny? Hi to aj, Action, jj , Newt and John .

I lost a pair of glasses yesterday whilst out walking the dogs . It had started to rain ,so I thought I had put them in my pocket. OH had to come with me ,,second time round to try to find them, but we couldn’t. I have a spare pair but it’s really annoying.

Horrible day out today.

Hope it’s going well for everyone.
' Normal ' is just a setting on the washing machine .

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 04 Feb 2020 15:34

No, Lily is a very happy girly at the moment. She spends her evenings sprawled out on the settee next to me with an oil heater in front of her. She periodically looks at me in a way which I think would not be anthropomorphism to say is loving. Basil seems happy too (very purry) when he's not obsessing about food. He's not obviously ill. He doens't mind the meds (although not keen on having something squirted in his mouth.) He may not actuallyl be now in practise. (Need to wait for next blood test, but we think his thyroid has gone down in size.)
I don't think Lily does empathy when it comes to Basil anyway :) I wish she would go outside for the loo, though, or at least bury things in the litter box.

That is annoying re your glasses. I hope they are not too expensive to replace.
Rachel

aj

Post by aj » 04 Feb 2020 18:23

Oh Rachel that’s not great. I used to have two cats many years ago, we were trying to sell our house and I kept telling then husband that I could smell ‘this’ smell in the kitchen. One day it was really bad and we were supposed to have a viewing, determined to find the source I pulled the plinths from underneath the cupboards to find that the cats had been using it as a toilet for some time. I still have no idea how they managed to get under there, luckily the viewer cancelled and we managed to clear it up 🤢.

The cats came here with us and were then enticed away by the woman over the road, no amount of telling her would stop her from feeding them or letting them into her house, I gave up eventually.

I would never have cats again.

To do today:
Is done, apart from make tea for me and Mum, which I am going to do now.

Have a good evening all.

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1973
First Sober Date: 09 Jan 2020

Post by DannyD » 04 Feb 2020 18:44

Hello people

Rachel I love cats in a house, but have awful eye trouble when they're in my house. My cats have always had outdoor access, so I've not bothered with a litter tray since they were new borns. I get occasional problems from the dog. With no rhyme or reason. I can leave him for 12 hours (though would chose not to) with no problem. Then been out for 30 minutes to find a mess.

I've seen a nurse practitioner. This appears to be the doctor frontline. She can't sign me off, but told me to stay off for a week and The Practise will get me a sick note. Then she prescribed travel pills. Hmmm. I'll be pleased if the symptoms go, but would like to know the cause.

Unexpected evening off work now. So, to do

Rediscover tV?
Find a book to read?
Crochet?

Early night?

Hope you're all well. Thanks for the shout out Pickles. I hope your glasses turn up.

Have a good evening everyone.
be selfish in your sobriety.

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 05 Feb 2020 07:39

Morning

I suddenly find myself with a few days off work. And the problem of what to do. All the things I can never find time for maybe? Go through a room every day and Sort It Out? For instance, I have an art therapy colouring in book. Charity shop.....there's a lot of stuff like that. A selection of the Russian style stacking dolls (my eldest decided I should collect them). Move them on....though (if I could find them), my grand daughter (and son) would probably enjoy playing with them.

To do
Kitchen cupboard. Empty. Past sell by? Move it on.
Oh, and wander up to vicarage for coffee with new vicar.

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 05 Feb 2020 08:25

I think my cats were going to the loo under the floor boards. There is a hole in the cupboard under the stairs. We now keep this blocked (Door not properly shuttable.)

Cats can go outside throughout the day, but I lock them in at night. (Croydon cat killer, foxes...) When I first started doing this, Lily started going to the loo in the front room, so litter box was introduced. She uses it during the day too, although she doesn't need to. Basil doesn't. She is smelly again right now :( She has never learnt to bury her poos...

We have a different sort of cat litter (Sainsbury's has started 'hypermarche' has recommenced doing what we refer to as 'a Brexit' - i.e. empty shelves and/or contents of boxes tipped out onto shelves - again.) which may be causing issues.
I had six months without a cat after my previous one died and before getting these two 13 years ago. I was utterly miserable.

Danny a bit shocking you can't see a doctor. Nurses are great but I would have thought that if you were poorly enough for a sick note, you probably need a doctor? The NHS is on it's knees/belly :(

to do today:
work
Science Museum
make welsh rarebit-stuffed bubble and squeak

I hope Lily washes the offending paw, before I get home, that I now see must be causing the smell

And I hope everyone has a good day.
Rachel

Action

Post by Action » 05 Feb 2020 08:47

Morning Everyone.

Oh dear, sounds as though lily is being a bit of a tinker Rachel. When I was a child we had a kitten who somehow managed to climb under the in built oven (there was a vent under the cupboard it was set it in) and pooped in there...until we discovered his naughty habit. I don’t have much luck with cats... I adopted two brothers from the RSPCA. One was quite reserved and one was a fruit loop. I loved them both. Unfortunately ‘fruit loop’ was killed by a car very early on at 6 months old (which was heart breaking) and then not much longer afterwards his brother was hit by a car and had to have a back leg amputated. :cry: He lived until he was 16 though and adapted very well.

Pickles ... how strange you lost your glasses. You won’t believe it but last week I was out walking my dog and took my glasses off to clean them (it was raining). Put them back on and carried on... strangely I was walking all out of kilter, couldn’t keep my balance) and thought I that I must have made them more smeary. Took them off to clean them again only to discover one of the lenses was missing :shock: I was overdue an eye test so booked one for Monday just gone. Weirdly at the weekend I was out in the same walk and found the lens! Had eye test - eye sight slightly worse. Have plucked up the courage to go for varifocals ... am a few £1s lighter now! :o

To Do
Collect partner
Walk fur baby
Back home for quick coffee and feed baby
Collect keyboard and drop to partners
Collect prescription and order some more items
Clean medical equipment
Admin
Check pub booked for friends lunch next week
Dinner
Shower
Tv

Danny, I love art theory colouring. It’s a great way to switch my mind off in the evening. Like meditating!

Have a good day all. <:)>
#38 on 2020 Challenge
Take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs. Mark out a straight path for your feet.

aj

Post by aj » 05 Feb 2020 10:21

Late getting up today.

To do:
Walk doggy \/
Study study study \/
Tidy up a bit (maybe)
Dog injections
C25k 7/3 \/
Pilates
FaceTime daughter \/
Tea etc \/
Await news of colleague’s impending baby, I feel like I’m having this baby myself such is the excitement; poor girl is only twenty but has been absolutely amazing all the way through.

I have a number of colouring books, never used, one very beautiful one. In fact I have a lot of things creative that have never been used, paints, pencils, sketchbooks etc. I watched Mrs. Lowry and son on Netflix last night and really enjoyed it always exclaiming for the hundredth time how nice it must be to have a room where you could sit and paint. I am sure it is not as simple or romantic as that, but nevertheless. They say you can tell a person from their bookshelves, not so in my case, otherwise I’d be a dressmaking, gardening, cooking, well read individual 😉. Much as with other things, maybe one day.

Second mug of tea awaits. Have a good one
Last edited by aj on 05 Feb 2020 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 05 Feb 2020 12:47

I have silk painting stuff, for when I get the urge to paint silk.
Crafting stuff for card making.
Shelves of knitting patterns. Bags of knitting needles. One work colleague asked if I'd like her mother's needles after mother had died. Well no, I don't need them, but yes, because what would work colleague have done with them? And she felt better thinking they were going to a home to be continually loved. However, she still thinks of them as her mother's : "are you knitting with mum's needles?" No. This is crochet.
And that's another shelf of stuff.
Gardening books - another shelf. Then there are the boxes of (out of date) seeds. Gloves, secateurs and snippers. Slug pellets, string, plant labels.
Dog: feed. Books on training/recipes. Leads, flashing-in-the-dark collars. Balls. He has a toy box full of toys and bones.
My house is a disorganised tip of crafting, hobbies and activities that I DON'T DO.
And that needs organising....

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 05 Feb 2020 12:57

You sound very organized, Danny. Everything on shelves and in bags/boxes and knowing where things are?!!! :)
Rachel

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 06 Feb 2020 06:55

Morning \:)/

I hope everyone's week is going well.

Pickles, have the glasses turned up yet?

AJ, I liked the sound of the house you viewed. I hope you'll reach the right decision for you, as regards whether or not to put in a bid.

Weirdly, I was remembering the Canary Wharf bombing the other night, to a colleague. I lived on the fourth floor of a hall of residence in Tufnell Park at the time, about five or so miles from the tower. All the windows suddenly shook and everyone came out of their rooms and said: "What the f*** was THAT?" And then, half an hour later or so, it was on the radio and TV.

To done and to do:
Last day of my 'weekend' so naturally I woke at 2 a.m. and couldn't sleep so have been up since 3. Planning on staying up now until 11 or 12 before trying to sleep until 7. And then, this evening, it's back to work I go, high ho, high ho...
Nightshift.gif
Nightshift.gif (160.98 KiB) Viewed 325 times
I am enjoying nights, though. I've been sounded out about staying on them. I said I'd think about this, but that I could only do three nights per week. However, some wise friends have reminded me of some of the other drawbacks (noisy neighbours and too-hot-to-sleep weather in the summer) so I might have to gird my loins and say I'd prefer to return to days.

\:)/ and <:)> to all!
"Addiction doesn’t go away when we stop drinking." ~ Tai

aj

Post by aj » 06 Feb 2020 07:27

Hi Jjjj nice to see you, big decision to make about work and yes think about all the lawn mowing 😉. I decided yesterday not to go with the house, while it would have been great in terms of location it’s probably not the best thing to start doing - renovating a house - much as I would quite like the challenge. Maybe I should just concentrate on what I’m supposed to be doing, assignments 😂 hence the reason why I am up so early, cannot stop thinking about the next one.

Has anyone noticed a pattern?
City living, Country living?
Bookshops?
House moves?
Whatever next 😂

To do:
I think as I am up early enough I shall walk doggy.
Work
Etc.

John are you still decorating?

Have a good one everybody.

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 06 Feb 2020 08:29

Goodness that must have been quite an explosion, Jjjj.
I used to live in Tufnell park... (but c. 1987. Was in Archway/Upper Holloway, up the road for two years '88-90 too.)
I was working at the Virgin Megastore when the IRA were active in the very late '80s. The IRA used to send warnings. Every now and again, plain-clothed security guards would suddenly appear and rush around, looking frantic and peering under merchandise displays. (They had a policy of not evacuating. Probably quite rightly as all this activity must have been the result of hoax calls.)

If you are contemplating nights, you had better stock up on vitamin D tablets?! Mind you, we need those anyway in the winter (and especially in Scotland, I imagine.) I thought of you while waiting for my train to London from Chesterfield, at the weekend, and two trains with improbable destinations (given this was Chesterfield) stopped. One was going to Glasgow (and the other to Plymouth. Wondering if you can go all the way from Glasgow to Plymouth via Chesterfield...)

Probably wise re house AJ, but may others less in need of quite so much renovation will crop up?

I woke up early too. 7amish dawn now. I have a ‘date’ with husband at the British Library this evening, but may wimp out. Yesterday’s trip to the Science Museum wiped me out. I slept when I got home. This is not quite normal, surely…

To do
Go to work
Work
Maybe British Library (I have ordered up some newspapers from the stack.)
I hope everyone had a good day.
Rachel

Action

Post by Action » 06 Feb 2020 08:43

Morning Everyone.

JJ - my sister used to work shifts as a nurse. It does take it out of you and ultimately isn’t that good for your health, particularly your immune system. I hope it is possible for you to swop back to days. <:)>

Danny, your house sounds wonderful. I would spend all day rummaging around finding interesting things to use!

Good luck with the studying aj.

Crikey, sounds like you have a full on two days Rachel. I was in London the day of the July bombing. It was a very unpleasant experience indeed. I had decided not to catch a particular tube (and wait for the next as it was so busy) that was in fact the one that got stuck behind the one that was blown up. :cry: Horrible day, very frightening and deafening with all the sirens going on all day.

To Do
Walk the baby
Admin
Lunch
Artwork
Dinner
Shower
Tv
Bed

And maybe a few other bits in between. I may try and get to grips with my Nikon Digital camera. I’ve got to learn how to use it ...I’ve had it for a couple of years now ...sat in the cupboard! :oops:

Have a good day everyone.
#38 on 2020 Challenge