The To Do List

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
serend
Last Drink Date: 25 Oct 2020

Re: The To Do List

Post by serend »

Hello everyone!

Not managed on here all week, have been full on with work meetings.
Just catching up, loving reading all your posts...hi Councilpop :\: Good for you going AF! As Luna says be kind to yourself. Hi Pickles thanks for the mention, I hope you are ok?

Rachel when did you get your vaccine? Have you been tired since then? It doesn't sound to me like you eat very much at all, but then I eat way too much, even though I do loads of exercise, I also have over a stone to lose Action. So I started a new healthy eating plan yesterday, never calorie counted in my life but going to try it and stay within 1500-1800 calories a day for 30 days. This excess menopausal/lockdown weight must be shifted somehow!! (eat less move more)

Laughing at the partner issues, some days I think 'never too late to make a change' and other days 'well this is it, just need to get on with it'!!
Pros and cons to all situations I guess. Luna that sounds like a challenge with the prices rising in town, you are quite far out where you live as well aren't you

Well its going from hail to sun to snow here but I'm going to go brave it and get some fresh air.
Hope you are all having a good Friday, am so glad its the weekend :)
It's not inevitable whether we drink or not...we make the decision

Rachel
Last Drink Date: 20 Jul 2012

Post by Rachel »

To be fair re partners/my husband, I moan about him when he pisses me off. That doesn't mean he pisses me off all the time, although at the moment... (Much of it is putting me on edge. He yells and swears a lot at the slightest thing.) I think we are both unhappy with things that are not to do with each other at the moment (work and being stuck at home for him. Work and my mother and Basil for me.) It's harder to be nice/kind/loving when you are unhappy...? I am sure I am guilty of some of those minuses you mention, Luna.

I don't eat much at all, serend. Bear in mind I am post-menopausal/53. (Oh the changes 'the change' has wrought. Fat on hips, seriously thinning hair...) I had a slow metabolism to start with, I think. Now it probably makes a slug look like a Formula 1 driver... unless it's something else such as unaddressed thyroid issues (although this could be the same thing.) But there is nothing I can do about that because my results always pass the only test the NHS will countenance doing. One of these days I will fork out or a private test just to find out. Will still be nothing I can do about it though as the NHS will not prescribe what I think I need. This is, of course, because the NHS is starved of funding rather than being stingy.

I binged last night. First time I have done so since I started dieting a month ago. I had a whole tin of baked beans with grated cheese, 4 dessertspoonfuls of tiramisu and a third of a bar of Tony's Chocolonely (Easter edition :) )

I am feeling really really stressed at the moment, and today especially. Not sure whether I want to scream most or cry. I am in psychological snowball territory. You know where one thing after another happens and you lose perspective. Computer issues - it's a given they will be very frustrating and they matter if they stop you working. Cereal (aka today's lunch) bag bursting and going everywhere, less important. Have to say, my new work laptop is driving me nuts and giving me RSI/shooting pains in my wrist. I may have to buy something to allow it to share peripherals with the desk top and work upstairs in the small dark room I can't see the outside from :(

How is your floor coming along, Action?

So to do
get other cat carrier out of shed. One we have been using has lost a clip
take Basil for post-procedure check up
try once more to get mother to get a carer to photograph a document for me (for her benefit, ultimately.)
I ought to pheon a greenhouse person. Think, on balance, I won't.
I should also do some more work, of course.

I slept really well last night but still woke up exhausted, in spite of going to bed early :o Could easily have slept for another hour if I could have...
Rachel

councilpop
Last Drink Date: 0- 3-2021
First Sober Date: 22 Mar 2021

Post by councilpop »

Good Morning,
Yay!!! I made it to the weekend.
Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome, your posts have kept me going.... Thanks to Action, Luna, Pickles and Hi to Serend. Sorry if i haven`t mentioned anyone who has said hi to me... i find i have to make notes before i write my posts.
I have felt extremely tired this week, partly because i work very early in a morning depending on my work rota. I am a mobile cleaner and i do prefer to work early morning as not keen on cleaning around people so my manager tends to give me surgery cleans which this week i have had 3 to do so been getting up at 1am in the morning which sounds crazy i know but i really don`t mind as it suits me and i`m generally home for 10am and go to bed and catch up with my sleep. The other reason as as you say Luna.......... is that the first few weeks of being AF can cause low energy, i`ve been drinking gallons of water to help flush the poison out. It`s great that you are making a Jumper for yourself, i would like to get round to doing that and hopefully will in time for next winter.
Action..... I had to smile at you mentioning the Wine Witch lol. For the past 6 months i have been knitting witches, they are very popular and as soon as i make one people buy them off me. At the moment i am knitting myself one and hope to finish her this weekend. In my tool box is: knitting/crochet, organising my house (decluttering), lots of rest, drinking lots of water, practising my violin as have lots of opportunities to get together with others (when allowed) to play, I love folk music!
I have been on and off this site for 11 years and had AF times but if i counted them up it scares me to think approximately at the most i have spent 1 year AF. Goodness knows what i have done to my body!!! and how much money have i spent!!! Anyway, can`t change the past but i can alter the future and i really do want to! I`m not a bad person, in actual fact i am a really really nice person that has drank alcohol for many many reasons.. some i recognise but i`m sure i will learn of others as i unpick and start to learn to live without Alcohol and i really want to. I feel quite excited this time and this time feels different. Thanks for reading and sharing my journey with me. I feel i am taking alot of support for now and i so appreciate it but in time i will be able to give support.
Take Care and have a lovely weekend.

My To Do List:
Food Shopping
Get in the Garden
Practice Violin
Sort a bedroom cupboard
Ironing
On Line Training
Buttons on a Cape for younger daughter
Knitting... complete a witch for me
Finish a crochet pumpkin for younger daughter

P.S I have forgotten how to load an avatar, can anyone point me in the right direction TIA

pickles

Post by pickles »

Hi CP , there is this link on avatars . Hope it helps .

Posting hints and tips

councilpop
Last Drink Date: 0- 3-2021
First Sober Date: 22 Mar 2021

Post by councilpop »

Thank you Pickles... I have an Avatar and it means the world to me... My youngest daughter aged 24 who moved out on the 1st Feb to live with her boyfriend painted me the daffodils for my birthday which consequently was last Monday the first day of no alcohol.

Action

Post by Action »

councilpop wrote:
27 Mar 2021 11:43
Thank you Pickles... I have an Avatar and it means the world to me... My youngest daughter aged 24 who moved out on the 1st Feb to live with her boyfriend painted me the daffodils for my birthday which consequently was last Monday the first day of no alcohol.
It’s a beautiful painting Councilpop. What a lovely thing to do. You must be very proud of her, she is very talented. <:)>
Great Avatar! ;)?
#38 on 2021 Challenge
Take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs. Mark out a straight path for your feet.

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1973
First Sober Date: 09 Jan 2020

Post by DannyD »

Evening To Doers.

I've been sleeping a lot for some days. I think lockdown has finally got to me. And today I actually phoned my landline from the mobile - check the number worked.

Re: partners. I think I've the wrong mentality for a partner. I was married, but it was unsuccessful (except for my lovely children). While it is easy to blame the breakdown on him (he left), it was equally my fault. I don't know myself very well - certainly don't like myself much, but I'm bad at talking about relationship problems.

To do
Put clean linen on the bed
Pay online for an afternoon tea. I'm treating myself for Easter, but it needs paying for.
And I'm counting down the days. I have a haircut booked!!

See you all in the morning.
be selfish in your sobriety.

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Mmmm afternoon tea, Danny. How lovely.

Love the profile pic, CP.

I had a really nice day to day. A bit of a day trip (but still in London...!) A bit of fresh air, a bit of exercise, wild flora and fauna... photography, garden centre. Tiffin... (lunch - they only had sweet things!) and a really good Indian/Nepalese delivery which we ate at the table.

Managed to medicate Basil today. He was very naughty yesterday. He has an infected wound in his mouth, but I don't think that was the issue. He had antibiotics on Friday, and is on painkillers for the next dew days, as well as his thyroxine, and has to go back to the vet's twice. I hope they don't charge for this. One tiny bottle of painkiller costs nearly £60!
He seems happy though...

51076370318_a824f00403_c.jpg
51076370318_a824f00403_c.jpg (68.36 KiB) Viewed 305 times
Rachel

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

Morning.

Clocks are forward an hour, so I'm very late getting up.

Rachel my daughter has vials that she uses to 'imject' medicines (think Calpol) into her toddlers' mouths. Would this sort of thing work for Basil? I think they're a new thing on the block (everything is so different to when I had children).

To do.
I'm trying to be positive about today, so get out and cut some grass. Plant some pulmanaria that I was desperate to buy 3 weeks ago. I felt the urge to buy these plants. Why? Where was I going to put them? Shoehorn them into my 'Spring' garden? Lovely idea, but very little room. And I have pots of snowdrops that need planting.
Look at my house in the eyes of a stranger, and Put Things Away. There is so much clutter, that it's difficult to keep clean.just one room at a time. Maybe think about better storage?
Oh. And an evening shower. Is it Action who has an evening routine? I really need to start planning this. Shower, ready for bed, then bed. Otherwise I sit up until the television stops. (By which time I'm sleeping very uncomfortably on a sofa).

Laters \:)/ \:)/

Action

Post by Action »

Morning Everyone!
DannyD wrote:
27 Mar 2021 21:09
I think lockdown has finally got to me. And today I actually phoned my landline from the mobile - check the number worked.
Oh Danny that made me chuckle so much. I have visions of you chatting to yourself on the the mobile and landline. It would make a brilliant sketch! Thank you for that. <:)>

Danny, and you too Rachel, sound so much brighter. The day you described Rachel...computer issues, the cereal,pain and naughty Basil ... I have to stop myself from taking events on days like these personally. There’s been a few films produced about that sort of thing. A great one with Michael Douglas (Falling Down) whose day just goes from bad to worse. He is a divorced, unemployed, gets stuck in traffic on his way to his ex wife’s in time for his daughters birthday. Along the way, a series of events and encounters, both trivial and provocative, causes him to react with increasing violence. I’ve certainly been there (in my head). ;)

Really pleased with my floor. I had a nice day on Friday at mums ... arrived at 8:00. I went there to remove me and missy from the chaos. Mum made me a boiled egg for breakfast, soup for lunch and we sat and watched a sweet movie in the afternoon. It was soooooo nice to just sit and do nothing and not feel guilty for doing it and spend time with mum (although strictly I wasn’t supposed to). Well I had an extremely quiet day yesterday too with just a little moving of furniture back in it’s original place now that the flooring is laid. Now when my partner throws tea about the place he won’t ruin the carpet. He has an irritating habit of grunting or poking a foot at something he’s spilt rather than mopping it up! :twisted: The only problem is that the sparkling new floor floor shows up all the shabby paintwork (wood and walls). I was supposed to have completed a Tesco click and collect order yesterday, for collection today, but I cancelled it. We’ll get by for a few days on what we have. It will be good to run the fridge and freezer down a bit.

Another quietish day today. Up late (what with the clocks and all that). Partner is going to walk missy (at some point) and I will just potter and put things back in their place. I am actually tempted to make a roast dinner (will have to get provisions) but maybe not! See how I feel later. I want my partner to go home. I’m sick to the back teeth of his medication abuse and lack of interest in ‘our’ life, he has almost completely disengaged and I don’t feel very good about it. I am trying to get his meds back to the level he’s supposed to be taking them...some now some later (the right dose) but he wasn’t having that and visually gritted his teeth in anger at me just now. :cry: That might not sound a lot but there’s a history. I was talking to my mum about it ... I think we might be nearing a crossroads but it’s all so complicated so I don’t want to cry wolf.

Today:
Get up :o
Potter
May trim missy’s nails
Plan partner’s return home forever a few days (one day, maybe, maybe not) AAAGGGHHHH! :roll:
Pay handyman (he has billed me for materials - ouch)
Cook dinner
Shower
Sit in front of tv and eat dinner
Bed early - didn’t turn light out till 1am, which horrifyingly turned into 2am in a flash! I forgot about the clocks despite reminding my sister last night! She went to bed early - note to self - be more like sister! :)

It’s me Danny, I try and cook dinner so it’s all ready, then jump into the shower and climb into my pjs. At that point I mentally clock off for the day. Grab my dinner and settle in the lounge. <:)>

Have a good Sunday all.
#38 on 2021 Challenge
Take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs. Mark out a straight path for your feet.

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

Have you ever seen Slava's Snowshow Action? (Google will make more sense of it than I can). It's silent clowns - so works in any language. He does a sketch where he phones himself (coos gently into one receiver, and chatters brightly into the other). Works well, except they use big 'toy' old fashioned dial telephones. Modern kids only know these from old films.

It could be me.

Action

Post by Action »

Oh thank you for telling me about that Danny. I found it on YouTube - it was lovely!

I think understood quite a bit of it... about a guy phoning his girlfriend about going to the cinema and upsetting her for some reason then ringing to apologise! It was brilliant! Wouldn’t have been the same in English. <:)> (::)

https://youtu.be/LknDt4CvVQE
#38 on 2021 Challenge

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I wrote a long post earlier but it didn't post... probably as well. Not very happy today. But tomorrow is another day and all that. (And a sunnier one, hopefully!)

Glad you like your floor, Action. I am sorry about your partner issues...

Sounds like you had a lovely 'day off' with your mum.
Rachel

pickles

Post by pickles »

Hope you got a good sleep Rachel and today will be a bit brighter. Looks like a Happy Monday where you are ,so I hope you all manage to get out and about today ,a bit of a celebration. My mother is planning to go to a garden centre this afternoon. It will be her first time out in over a year . The friend who is taking her has been vaccinated too . I reminded her to wear a mask in the car ... yikes ,kind of worrying but I’m sure all will be ok .

Well done with your floor ,Action . Hope you slept ok too. I stayed up till about 1ish ,couldn’t sleep but also checking on younger ( wobbly) dog as she had a couple of mini seizures last night . She’s on medication but I think we may have to give her a bit more . Will see today about making a check up with vet . I also ended up watching The Shining too which didn’t help !

Danny, serend, CP ( lovely avatar) Luna,little acorn ,hellos to you .

We have quite a few mole hills , have been doing the plastic bottle on a stick thing but they still seem to like us and giving us free soil :lol: . I asked my mother about them and she told me that once,when I was little,my father just took the double barrelled gun ....and ..um :? :o ..... so I said that I don’t think I’ll be doing that ! Not that we have one anyway. Olden days and all that .

Well ,it’s going to be warm the next few days , daughter’s school is closed ,not that it counts as she only goes two days a week , so will hopefully get her to walk one of the’sportive’ dogs today .

Hope it’s a good day for to doers .

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Evening. Yes a lovely day here. I manged to do a bit of light gardening (pricking out seedlings. I have too many...) Warm enough for shorts and a strappy vest top.
I was still awake at 3 so pretty well exhausted now. I have a one off writing course tomorrow evening so I hope this doesn't happen again.

Poor doggy, Pickles :(

My husband said his father used to wallop moles with a spade :( Life of a mole vs perfect lawn? Hmm.
There is a trend gloriously imperfect for meadow lawns in these parts - hard to pull off though. But lawns do seem to be one of those things that men (not all med, just men more than women) in particular fixate on? There was some guy on Gardener's World last year and he trimmed his lawn twice a day?!?!?

Basil seems much brighter today and OH has been able to medicate him directly using a syringe for the painkiller and has got him to eat the pill 'au nature'! He goes back to the vet on Friday morning.

Not a lot else going on. Work... I have a deadline to meet by the day after tomorrow :o Another book is about to get going. Could be a bit stressful for a while as I have two going to production in May, although one is a collaborative one so I probably won't have that much to do. (I volunteered to do the index and there will be lots of proofreading to do.) I shall have to make the most of my Easter break.

Sorry, wibbling.

I hope everyone has a good evening.
Rachel

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

Morning

I was awake until 6 this morning, reading. Books I've read before, but I find Re reading very comforting, like a warm blanket. I know it's going to end safely, so don't get hide-behind-the-furniture anxious. In the meantime, I've only had about 3 hours sleep (woke up at 9). This does not bode well for the day ahead.

Rachel I hope Basil is getting better now he's getting his meds ok.

Pickles our animal friends are such a worry to us. I hope you can get the medication right.

Luna I don't want to tease you in your artic snowy waste, but I've got warm sunshine. Might doze on the decking later.

Action I hope you've sent him home. Pros and cons list?

To do today

Absolutely nothing. I have to make myself make lists and do stuff, otherwise. Well, Groundhog Day.

Waving \:)/

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Can you have a siesta, Danny?

I had a night like that last week.

It is hot and sunny here today. Beautiful. I have the French windows open for the first time since autumn. (They stick in the winter.)

It's a little hard to concentrate...

I have a writing course tonight for two hours.

I hope everyone's day is going ok.
Rachel

pickles

Post by pickles »

Hi Danny , sorry for your sleepless night . Hope you get a better rest tonight .

Rachel, we have yet more mole hills this morning and a new one . The bottle stick thing doesn’t work , they are more cunning than we think . This morning a birdy came into the veranda , that’s the 2nd one in a few weeks . It was a small thing so let’s hope it’s not a pigeon or crow next time .

Dog is a little better today, maybe the sun helped ? She likes being outside when I’m outside. If I have to get the , say, washing , she starts barking at the door .

Have to tread on eggshells today as OH has a few phone meetings .” So don’t do anything like the hoovering, or washing ...” who does he think I am , the housemaid!? Well I’ve certainly put washing on , don’t want to waste a sunny day drying it !

On the bright side the tulips are growing and daughter decorated a branch for Easter.

Luna_
Last Drink Date: 18 Apr 2019

Post by Luna_ »

Oh, folks - I love all the posts.
Alternately laughing, commiserating and sharing the positives <:)>

Pickles and Rachel and Action - have your respective partners been conspiring together?? As mentioned before, I am glad not to have a sulking person in my house - but I do miss someone to have good times with. And I have realised how much being divorced/separated impacts one's status - I start to see why a lot of my colleagues have preserved their marital status, even though they "spice it up" a bit here and there :oops: . In social situations - there is something of a stigma about the single person (never mind the single mother). I didn't realise this until recently (I'm a bit thick that way). but hey ho.

Danny - tease me all you like re the snow - I love it still. At this time of year we can go skiing in a bikini (for the hour the sun is high - after that - the woolies go back on pretty d* quick) and dig the traditional "snow-hole" - where it is traditional to sit and enjoy cocoa and oranges and chocolate up the mountain. Or indulge in a bit of ice fishing... So - I'm joining you in having a bit of a sunny sit-down 8-)

Pickles and Rachel - sending good vibes to your fur-babies <:)> Pickles - we have the easter-branch thing here too - just going to loft to get down all the lovely hanging decorations I made with the kids when they were little (and I was on maternity leave and had time by the bucket..).

Action - glad you like the floor - yup - it's all a bit repercussive (if that is a word). Do up one thing, the others look scruffy, so you end up doing them too...

Acorn, serend, councilpop and all others I have missed
Have a good day!

To do with what's left of today
1. Go up loft and try to find the 2 easter boxes (decorations, yellow tablecloths, napkins, yellow candles etc).
2. Finish making wrappers for my home-made soap so I can pack them away to be given away - or sold at a local market
3. Write my office time sheet before I get a nasty reminder
4. Decorate our "easter branch trees" with kids (they arrived today - they seriously are not kids anymore but I know they still wait with anticipation for the easter bunny to arrive with treats packed into a big decorated cardboard easter eggs - and the bunny still hides them...) :lol2:
5. Do some general tidying
6. TAKE HOLIDAY!!!! Plan activities according to weather. Skiing, knitting, jigsaw puzzle with kids etc etc. (Anything but everyone in their rooms hooked up to playstation).
7. Make something for dinner.

Happy pre-easter, everyone <:)> \:)/

ps this is likely TMI - but we do actually have thick (lovely non-itchy merino or alpakka) wool-en bras and pants here - good to go as a bikini :lol:
I still have Faith, but right now I'm reaching for the moon.

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

Morning

My daughter is living in Northern Ireland at the moment. Almost as far north as Scotland, but very little snow. I think she needs to visit you Luna. She'd be as happy as a Spring lamb after Easter. She mentions the earlier dark evenings, I notice (when I visit) that it's much colder; she complains that it never stops raining .... the family are moving back to the UK this month (lockdown? What lockdown?). It will be lovely to have her living on the same island again.

I feel as though I'm at a crossroads. In theory, my place of work will be opening again at the end of June. In practice, I'm not sure I want to go back to work. Hmmmm

Yesterday I sowed some seeds. Flowers. Stocks, phlox and tobacco plants. I'm going for colour and smells. More sweet peas (can you ever have too many sweet peas?).

To do
Prepare flower beds for all the flowers.