Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

The To Do List

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1973
First Sober Date: 09 Jan 2020

Re: The To Do List

Post by DannyD » 05 Dec 2019 23:36

Oh, and jjjj. Olive oil a few drops in the ear. Much cheaper than doctor's medicine ...
be selfish in your sobriety.

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 05 Dec 2019 23:42

DannyD wrote:
05 Dec 2019 23:36
Oh, and jjjj. Olive oil a few drops in the ear. Much cheaper than doctor's medicine ...
Thanks, D! I'll try it ;)?

Sleep well - that was one heck of a shift! <:)>
Nie chwal dnia przed zachodem słońca.

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 06 Dec 2019 07:30

Morning

Not as long as some shifts Jjjjjjjjjj, but I've had a few days off, so it was a sudden shock to the legs (and back).

To do
Walk the dog. Guess what. It's wet with rain
Coal merchants and pay bill.
Community cafe for coffee and cake.
Work shift this evening.

A nice gentle day - until the madness of work at the
Moment. Which will gather pace until Christmas (which I have booked off this year. No work work and no church. A real time of peace and joy, remembering what Christmas is all about).

Have a good day y'all

Rachel
Last Drink Date: 20 Jul 2012

Post by Rachel » 06 Dec 2019 08:28

Morning. Been up since v early this morning. Woke up with cramp so got up and thought I'd see if there were any doctor's appointments avaiblee online (supposed to come on at 7.) There weren't but managed to get one by phone for late next week. (Perpetual tiredness to be addressed, and recovering alcoholic blood tests to be requested along with usual annual ones.)
Wet and windy out here too.
Shorter day at work for me today.
locksmith at 5 - but just coming to look, not do, alas.
I will probably do nothing after he's (I assume) gone I have an unfortunately busy weekend ahead if I do all the things I need to do. I still have bulbs to put out. Sunday (after the vet's) looks ok.

I hope everyone has a good day
Rachel

JohnC
First Sober Date: 23 Jul 2016

Post by JohnC » 06 Dec 2019 09:44

Hiya Folks

Rachel, Dann, Jjjj, aj and all, I hope y'all can keep a lid on yall's stress and busyness, maybe some 20 minute chunks of relaxation therapy in a shady room listening to soothing music might break the cycle of stress.

To Do
Eat porridge
Feed animals
Off ot to Caffé Nero, get something to eat
Back home and feed animals again
Listen to 'any questions' on radio4
Chillax
Bed

Take it easy Besties
JC
The further away from the last drink we travel the easier it becomes

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 06 Dec 2019 11:09

DannyD wrote:
06 Dec 2019 07:30
Not as long as some shifts Jjjjjjjjjj, but I've had a few days off, so it was a sudden shock to the legs (and back).
I can imagine it was a shock, D! It's a busy time of year in your line of work, and I'm glad you've booked Christmas off - that sounds like a great idea!

I'm glad you were able to get a doctor's appointment, Rachel.

Thanks, John! To be honest, I'm not stressed about work - yet. But making sure I rest in between shifts is important, that's for sure, and listening to soothing music does sound like a good plan.

To do:
1) About three weeks ago, I slipped on the stairs and whacked my back. It was agony at the time, but has been getting better. It's very sore again, this morning, though. Maybe due to the position I slept in? To do: try to exercise it back into comfort. As for the ear, it's clear at the moment, but if it bungs up again I'll try D's suggestion!
2) Was going for a hill walk, but the weather's not great - not as wild as yesterday but probably not good enough for where I was going to go. Take dog for a shorter (but still long-ish) walk instead.
3) Thank aunts and uncles for birthday cheques. Could go into town and pay these in, but I can't face the town. That can wait for next week.
4) Hoover while wife is out? We'll see...
5) Bit of minor admin left over from yesterday.
6) Practise songs for next week's Christmas folk session.
7) Dinner.
8) Bath.
9) Make sandwiches for work tomorrow.
10) Bed.

I hope everyone's day goes well ;)?

pickles
Last Drink Date: 17 Sep 2012

Post by pickles » 06 Dec 2019 11:13

I hope the hospital appointment goes wel
Thanks jjj. Back again today for more tests . Thankfully have a friend with me, who's mum is taking care of daughter . Long day ahead .

Have good day all .
' Normal ' is just a setting on the washing machine .

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 06 Dec 2019 11:25

pickles wrote:
06 Dec 2019 11:13
Back again today for more tests . Thankfully have a friend with me, who's mum is taking care of daughter . Long day ahead .
Thanks good that you'll have company, Pickles. I hope it all goes well <:)> <:)>

aj

Post by aj » 07 Dec 2019 08:15

To do

The same as the last few days.

I went to see son number 2 last night, I found out he was playing with his bands in a town not too far away. I haven’t seen him in over a year, he makes no effort now to come home or to let us know he is in the area. But he was happy to see me, he looked well and I think I may have made my peace with it. I don’t take it personally anymore because I don’t think he means anything by it, it’s just his way of getting on with his life and dealing with his own anxieties. Well that’s what I hope anyway. I worry about him constantly and love him more than anything and I know he knows that, I just need to keep finding ways in which to make sure we keep in contact.

Apart from that I learnt two things last night:

I’m so glad I don’t drink anymore, I felt hungover from being out late and the VERY loud music
I am old, at that age where people look at me now, not because they’re eyeing me up but because they’re wondering what the hell I’m doing in a pub full of twenty year olds 😂🤣.

Have a good day everyone. Pickles hope all is OK <:)>

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 07 Dec 2019 08:51

Morning

How brave of you aj. Not sure I'd have gone to a pub on my own even if it was to watch a much loved child in a band. Good for you (::)

I work in customer service. In the sort of environment where customers sometimes want to share their experiences. A friend had stopped to chat when a gentleman of our age stopped to share his enjoyment. Friend said "you've pulled." Except that it happens all the time, so, no, I don't think that. However, don't under estimate the Power Of Other People Looking.

To do
Must get moving. A friend is collecting me in 30 minutes.

Yikes.

Have a good day y'all

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 07 Dec 2019 11:51

Pickles <:)>
Rachel

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 08 Dec 2019 17:07

Hiya Folks

I hope everyone's well and happy, all is well here, we're having pizza tonight (ham&pineapple for Wifey, spicy chicken for moi)

Poorly neighbour has gone into respite care at a care home, I went to visit him but he had other visitors so I said I'd come back tomorrow, 2's company 3's a crowd.

To Do
Spray a Hoya Carnosa (infested with mealy bug) also spraying a Croton and 2 Oleanders with a systemic insecticide.
Cook the pizzas
Feed animals

Take Care Folks
JC

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 08 Dec 2019 19:09

\:)/ scuttling in late to the party.

Done
Church this morning
Church this afternoon. It was packed. Wall to wall vicars, one or two area deans, more than one canon and definitely a bishop. Playing for them was slightly worrying, yet a real delight, as I had a wall of sound behind me. Clergy may not be good singers, but they know how to lead a congregation - which is what they all did. I feel quite exhausted now, which I know is only reaction.
So, early night for me I think.

Tomorrow is another day. G'night all

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 08 Dec 2019 20:43

A bit of an odd day. Took cats to the vets for their annual appointment, and they have lost a lot of weight. I didn't notice it in Lily but had though Basil had lost a bit - but it down to old age - but apparently B has lost about a third of his body weight and Lily a 5th. They had blood tests. I do hope it's just worms. Vet thought in Basil's case it might be hypothyroidism. He had a bit of a temperature too. But for them both to lose weight for either different reasons, or some more complex reason seems odd?

This is not my primary concern, but bloods tests cots over a £100 so it was twenty quid shy of £400 for this visit what with vaccines etc. :o

We should get the test results tomorrow.

The vet's appointment took about an hour (poor cats have huge patches of fur shaved off or the blood test). I was exhausted when I got home - clearly still not back to normal healthwise - plus I find vet visits a bit traumatic even when nothing goes wrong - so went to bed for a few hours after lunch. Hard to sleep though. OH is out this evening. I am actually a bit bored, which is unusual. I can't settle on anything enough to distract me.

I did type up a story I have started, earlier. Not in the mood to add to it,though, right now. Probably won't finish for my writing meet on Tuesday, as don't know how to finish it, but I have something else. Pity though, as this one has a very slight Christmas theme and it's our Christmas dinner meeting.
Rachel

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 08 Dec 2019 21:45

Hiya Rachel

Just a thought but I have a 'vets4pets' complete care plan for my Snowy (Rabbit) which I pay £8 per month and I get free health checks, nail clipping, fly strike prevention and 2 inoculations per annum.

I think it's £10 per month for Cats and £12 for dogs with some of their health treatments included, is it worth you Googleing it to see if you can benefit from similar care plans.

Just a thought after reading your post, take care.
JC

aj

Post by aj » 09 Dec 2019 08:15

Hi to all

Hope cats are OK Rachel, you reminded me that I need to give the dog his tablet take him for his injections and renew his insurance this month.
Danny do you play at Westminster 😉 all those dignitaries, that was a very busy day.
John, Jjjj, Pickles :\:

To do:
Work
Come home lunchtime and sort dog out
Back to work
Assignment....I am sick to death of it now. Why oh why can’t I just hammer an essay out instead of spending an inordinate amount of time faffing and trying to make it perfect when it’s never going to be. It’s not like I even get great marks 😞.

I really need to think about managing my time better, or finding a place to go and study that’s not at home. I’m moaning I know, but I am just so fed up with not being able to ‘just do it’ and do my other stuff around it....I mean its not like I even have to do it...Ugh.

Have a good one 🙂

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 09 Dec 2019 08:23

Thanks

Re insurance, they are 12. No one will insure them I think at that age, and certainly not if they are diagnosed with an incurable condtion. We looked into insurance when they were kittens but none of the plans seems to cover on going health problems. Perhaps things have changed since then.
Rachel

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 09 Dec 2019 08:52

Morning

Aj we had a new vicar being installed/collated. Clergy like to turn out to support each other. It was a good service though - and followed by some excellent cake!!

Rachel I don't think John's talking about insurance. It's a sort of care plan. I have one for my dog. You pay in so much a month and it covers basics such as worm pills and so on. You'd still have to pay for the blood tests though. I whizzed my cat to the vet the other evening - she'd been spinning in circles. £80 later and the vet decided there was nothing wrong with her. She eats like a horse though.

To do
Bin is out. Must get it back in
Walk dog
Petrol in van. I have a 10p off per litre voucher which runs out imminently.
Drive 10 miles, collect bike from work colleague and return to deposit with another work colleague.
Visit friend who has a printer. Print out music for a funeral tomorrow. I was sent this by another organist as an easy-to-play version.
Go to church and practise difficult-to-sight-read music
Choir practise. Horrendous to play, but lovely to listen to Rutter carols.
Collapse.
Would you believe, but this is a day off ....

Have a good day y'all

pickles

Post by pickles » 09 Dec 2019 09:02

Morning .

Rachel , hope all goes ok with your cats .

Good luck on assignment , aj . That's very admirable . I don't think at my age I have the concentration for all that .

Danny , hope you have a good day .

In waiting room with whistling noses and tapping feet , plus a loud tv playing music that they don't dub the swear words . One elderly lasy looked rather shocked . I,ve filled out a form , I think I,ve answered most questions .

Daughter has an ingrown toe nail , so most probably back to the doctor tonight . I hope to walk dog later .

Jj, john ... hope all ok .

pickles

Post by pickles » 09 Dec 2019 09:09

I forgot water but rummaged around to find a mint in my bag , isn't great what you can find dug deep down in a handbag:)