Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

The To Do List

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
pickles
Last Drink Date: 17 Sep 2012

Re: The To Do List

Post by pickles » 27 Jan 2020 19:24

That applies to us all
Yes it does jj , but from what others were saying ...

Whoops I forgot aj :\:

The group went well , daughter said . I just hung around whilst she was there , walked around town a bit looking at bio options , and looking at online recipes.

Made a carbonara when we got back . Younger dog was a bit miffed that we were late:)

Hope to doers day went well .
' Normal ' is just a setting on the washing machine .

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1973
First Sober Date: 09 Jan 2020

Post by DannyD » 28 Jan 2020 08:18

Morning.

Feeling a little more positive and lively today.

So, on my dance card?

Crocheting. It's a weekly session in a local cake shop. Not sure what I like the most, but suspect that cake is top of the list.
Funeral. Not mine. Yet.

Have a good day y'all.
be selfish in your sobriety.

aj

Post by aj » 28 Jan 2020 08:25

Pickles :\: glad all went well with your daughter and that she enjoyed, you are fantastic parents doing the absolute best for her 🙂.

Rachel hope the anniversary dinner went well, I think it’s lovely that you celebrate ‘getting together ‘ (I am assuming this is you and hubby) would love to know ‘how’ 😉

John Jjjj Action Danny <:)>

To do:
Work \/
Come home lunchtime and walk the animal. Apart from the guilt at using the car so often, I do quite like the lunchtime walk. \/
Work \/
Read \/
Home \/
Walk doggy \/
Spend evening with son, he goes back tomorrow 😞

The last few days I have felt really tired, I guess the renewed energy from the holiday has now worn off, and I really cannot afford for it to.

Have a good one folks
Last edited by aj on 28 Jan 2020 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 28 Jan 2020 09:30

Changing my list. Having got up, I realise I need to conserve my energy. I HAVE to play for the funeral. I don't have to do the crochet.

Feeling weak and listless.

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 28 Jan 2020 14:34

Done
Funeral
Fish and chips for lunch (ate the fish).
Feeling Back To Bed might be a good idea.

Jjjj of Old

Post by Jjjj of Old » 28 Jan 2020 15:42

D, I just heard a joke and thought of you. Prepare yourself. It's very bad...

Q. Why do actors say, 'Break a leg'?

A. Because every play needs a cast!

Apologies.

Well done for 'doing' the funeral (coincidentally, my wife sang at one this morning), but yes - get back to bed if that's what you need <:)>

AJ - the same for you too! I hope you get a chance to unwind and relax and regain some energy at some point today <:)>

Pickles, I'm glad that daughter's group went well <:)>

Rachel, how was the anniversary meal? :)

To done:
Slept
Woke up
Walked dog in the chilly rain. Think we're in for some 'weather' very shortly. Had a lovely moment at work last night. I was going on my break just as my Polish colleague was returning from hers. She ran up the aisle, calling my name, and then hugged me: "Mark! Mark! It izz znowing!" Her delight was so lovely. The snow never came to much, though - yet.

The other nice thing about today's dog walk was finding 50p on the pavement. I haven't found a coin for ages and suddenly I was transported back to childhood when such a find would have felt like A Big Thing. i almost wanted to rush off to the nearest shop and buy a quarter of strawberry-and-creams and a gobstopper. But I resisted.

To do:
Sweet Fanny Adams, praise the Lord! (Except for eat, go to the toilet, catch up on Doctor Who, etc.)

I hope everyone's day is going well ;)?
"Addiction doesn’t go away when we stop drinking." ~ Tai

aj

Post by aj » 28 Jan 2020 18:28

Aww loved that about your colleague, and I love how you write about things from childhood that we can all relate to. 🙂 Enjoy your evening doing sweet F... all.

Jjjj of Old

Post by Jjjj of Old » 28 Jan 2020 18:46

Aww, thanks, AJ! Enjoy your evening too <:)>
"Addiction doesn’t go away when we stop drinking." ~ Tai

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 28 Jan 2020 19:35

Evening.

I am in the habit of Lochs and Glens holidays. The first one I did, we thumped all the way up through England to arrive just north of Glasgow. The next morning we woke to a snowy landscape. It was very beautiful. Where I am in the South, snow is a rarity.

Managed to stay out of bed, but still not fit for much. I've been looking at my work rota for tomorrow, and suddenly realise that what I thought was a 12.45 start and 2245 finish, is actually just an afternoon shift. I think I might manage that. Still trying to keep priorities sensible, just one 'action' per day. So, work tomorrow, should be alright.

Jjjj time off? Do They know? Have a lovely evening. My dog is getting fairly desperate. He hasn't been out for much more than garden trips since Saturday.

JohnC
First Sober Date: 23 Jul 2016

Post by JohnC » 28 Jan 2020 21:33

Hiya Folks

All is well here, I hope all is well with you guys.

We've been out for 4 hours today, bit of shopping, we popped into this café that's almost on my "not coming here again list", the food quality is very inconsistent, sometimes served hot, sometimes luke warm and items not cooked thoroughly. Today I opted for omelette and chips, I thought surely they can't mess this order up consisting of just 2 items, it was ok and served hot so we'll try having omelette and chips with baked beans next week, yes I know I'm pushing my luck on the baked beans being hot.

Wifey had a hair salon appointment and I sat in our car for 42 minutes waiting for her, never mind I read her just bought Hello magazine from cover to cover.

To Done
Fed animals twice
Been out
Potted up some cacti

To Do
Nuffin

Take Care Besties
JC
The further away from the last drink we travel the easier it becomes

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 29 Jan 2020 07:47

Morning

With so many options John, why give anywhere a second chance?

To done
Last night I managed the washing up

Today to do
Make more washing up. Cook some healthy food.
Afternoon at work.

Have a good day y'all

aj

Post by aj » 29 Jan 2020 09:48

Washing up can wait Danny, get yourself sorted first. There were/are days when I let the pots pile up and it’s only when the kitchen starts to ‘whiff’ that I think OK, and to be honest most of the time it’s after I’ve had baked beans ( no not me) but since when did and how can the plates/pan smell so bad🤔.

To do:
Take son and partner to train station, humph I’m not sure If I like new partner or not (much like daughter’s) \/
Buy something for due/if not had work colleague’s baby \/
C25k 6/3
Walk dog \/
Look at a tutorial online
Attend a tutorial online \/

May not be in that order but have to be done.

I made an appointment to go and view a house on Saturday. Why? Because every time I walk the dog past the little terrace, I have always thought how ideal it would be to live there. Up on the hill it has a view ( disregarding the houses in front) towards the estuary and the hills and at the back nothing but a little railway line. The house itself needs modernising, there is barely any kitchen etc. And as we know, my house that in October was perfect for the housing market has now developed damp patches (no I still haven’t got around to getting the builder out) and is therefore not in perfect condition, so would it sell quickly, would I get what I wanted, can I be bothered🤔

Anyway, no harm in looking I mean I might actually dislike the house and think it a very stupid idea 😉

Have a good day everyone <:)>
Last edited by aj on 29 Jan 2020 22:42, edited 2 times in total.

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 29 Jan 2020 10:34

Good advice aj, however

Done
got up
Made dog's breakfast (this includes cooking rice, and chopping fresh fruit an' veg).
Made kedgeree for me (from scratch, but it means I have something ready to eat in the fridge).
Washed up as I went along.
Collapsed. Over estimated myself.

To do
Give myself a break
Go to a cheeky afternoon shift.

Then an early night methinks.

I've been planning to spend a small fortune on a new kitchen. Reading your post aj, I'm wondering about house hunting instead

Rachel
Last Drink Date: 20 Jul 2012

Post by Rachel » 29 Jan 2020 15:34

Afternoon.

AJ I had a friend who used to go and look at houses for sale, just for the fun of it. Not sure if you can do that now. In France, when house hunting, we had to sign something to say we were genuinely looking for a property to buy. Presumably to stop us wasting their time, which is ironic, given some of the places we were taken to. (Us: we want something we could inhabit straight away without doing any work, in a quiet location. Them: here's a house right on a busy road that's full of dead flies, has wallpaper on the backs of the doors (and ceilings and walls and possibly floor) and neither the bathroom nor kitchen of which has been updated since about 1952.)

Danny, I hope you feel better soon. Glad we don't have much snow down south, although we get more in London than we used to. (Not this year though, so far. So very mild...) My mother's had some in Sheffield.

Jjjj... anniversary dinner was nice, but rather strange food. e.g they had on offer: starter - Edamame Bean Ice Cream, Sesame Cracker and Nasturtium Crispy Soy Sauce, Pea and Edamame Bean Salsa, main - Nutmeg Custard, Burnt Kohlrabi and Cured Yolk, Mustard Biscuit and Sweet Potato, dessert - Cep Mushroom Fudge, Roasted Cocoa and Brioche, Mushroom Crisps, Lavender Honeycomb and Honey Ice Cream

I was not so adventurous in my choices.

John, I take it when you have your hair cut it takes less than 42 minutes? They usually wash it if you are female which racks up the time.

to do
WORK!
go home and pack. Mother's tomorrow for a couple of nights and days... :? :shock:
That's it really, other than the usual stuff. Not that work's not the usual stuff. But sometimes I need to reinforce the need to do it... :?

I hope everyone's day is going ok.
Rachel

pickles

Post by pickles » 29 Jan 2020 16:39

Afternoon to doers .

I think there was a time it could happen where I live, that people could look at houses for fun . I remember at the time we had 6 months to find a place and that was on top of when my father was so ill . So it was to and fro at the time .

Sounds actually a nice menu ,Rachel ;)? . I’m glad you had a nice time .

Hope the tutorial goes well aj.

Are you resting jj ?

Danny,take care of yourself <:)>

John, do they still give recipes in Hello magazine,after all the silly gossip ?

Hi Action :\:

Long appointment for daughter this afternoon which didn’t start well, she didn’t realise that quite a few others were going to be there (9) . Well we had told her and school had told her ,not just the day before,but anyway she went with a mentor whilst we discussed her , over two hours . Hard to keep eyes open towards the end .

She’s at her Wednesday activity now ,so hopefully that will keep her busy !

Danny, I read on mostly thread of slingy. Wish him well from me ,hope he’s doing ok \:)/

Dogs are getting on ,for the time being . Younger dog still grumbles ,but I think she’s secretly glad of the company.

Have a nice afternoon.

JohnC
First Sober Date: 23 Jul 2016

Post by JohnC » 29 Jan 2020 20:56

Hiya Besties

Hiya Danny, have to give said café a second and probably third, fourth chance because Wifey likes to go there, 🤔
Hiya pickles, I didn't see any recipes
Hiya Rachel, Wifey said that the stylist was very busy and not able to keep to appt times.

To Done
Been home alone today.
Prepped the dining room walls with sandpaper ready for Saturday's wallpapering job.
Fed animals twice
Tidied up utility room
Put the wheelie bins out for tomorrow's collection day
Moved some plants into the conservatory.
Took a bootful of rubbish to the council recycling depot
Cooked myself some dinner

To Do
Nuffin
Bed.

Hiya's to everyone
JC
The further away from the last drink we travel the easier it becomes

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 30 Jan 2020 08:17

Morning

To do
Shop. Sunflower seeds for the birds. I haven't put out sunflower hearts for years - forgot, birds LOVE sunflower seeds.
Phone in sick. Conserving my energy. Strangely, I'd often throw a sickie when I was drinking, without a care in the world. Now, I'm sober, have A Chesty cough (and so on), I am really bothered phoning in. Am I sick enough?
Man coming to measure kitchen. Can just about cope with that.

aj

Post by aj » 30 Jan 2020 08:24

Hello to all.

Yes I admit I was very surprised that I was not asked about my position in terms of buying, maybe they only do it on the more expensive houses as I know I have been asked before. There was a time when a friend and I used to spend afternoons looking around show homes whoo ing and ahh ing (are they actual words). But then again there was a time I could also spend whole afternoons walking around B&Q 😂.

To do:
Work \/
Home/dog \/
Work \/
Read \/
Home \/
Hairdresser \/
Walk dog \/
Food \/
Done

I feel so bad about not managing my 6/3 run these last few days, it’s playing on my mind, hopefully tomorrow evening I can get it done. I bought a reflective running jacket yesterday mainly in the hope that it will be cool (to wear rather than in reputation) as I get so hot and then claustrophobic that I just want to tear everything off.
I did my run and now feel like Superwoman

Whoops best go

Adios

Just saw your post Danny, new kitchen...nice, and get well soon.
Last edited by aj on 30 Jan 2020 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

pickles

Post by pickles » 30 Jan 2020 08:25

Ah. It’s been a long time since I bought a Hello magazine ,John . I mostly look up recipes online now and recently found some vegetarian dishes .

Get well soon Danny .

Hospital appointment tomorrow for me ,and today I’m going to catch up with a friend .

Have a good one !

Rachel
Last Drink Date: 20 Jul 2012

Post by Rachel » 30 Jan 2020 08:59

aj wrote:
30 Jan 2020 08:24
whoo ing and ahh ing (are they actual words).
If they weren't I think they are now/should be :)

Off to mother's late afternoon. The feelign od dread...
I was going to go into work a bit late to avoid the heaving throngs (the 'r' in that word is so important...) with my suitcase, but looks like the trains are up the spout so will be super late. The issue affects my train up to Sheffield so I hope it is sorted before tea time.

to do
go to work
Boots at lunch time to buy something mother wants.
Hopefully travel up north
Rachel