Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

The To Do List

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
Mark.

Re: The To Do List

Post by Mark. » 25 Feb 2020 14:52

DannyD wrote:
25 Feb 2020 10:12
To do.
Something.
Motivation is zilch.
Join me, D. We'll form a club! It's good to see you \:)/ <:)>

To done:
  • 1) I did take the dog out for about an hour and a half. Not to the hills, but just to the hospital and then back and around many a town street we don't usually wander along. Saw a heron (or something similarly beaky) very close up in the park, when it jumped out of the rushes of the lake beneath the path, but, of course, I hadn't got my camera and couldn't even attempt to take a photo
  • 2) Turned down the neighbour's kind offer of a Christmas tree she no longer wants. We have enough crap already
To do:
  • 2) Whatever's left from my earlier list (possibly... ;) )
Nie chwal dnia przed zachodem słońca.

aj

Post by aj » 25 Feb 2020 17:39

Oh I knew Martin 🙂

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1973
First Sober Date: 09 Jan 2020

Post by DannyD » 26 Feb 2020 06:56

Morning

I've been awake reading for hours, yet have a long day planned.

To do
Walk dog
Shower
Breakfast
Pack
Play for a funeral
Pack the car
Feed cat
Fill up with fuel
Drive to stay with big daughter for a couple of days

C'est tout
be selfish in your sobriety.

aj

Post by aj » 26 Feb 2020 08:02

Have a nice time at your daughters Danny, be careful driving.

Jjjj 😂 your poor work colleague.

To do:
Work- half day \/
Walk dog \/
Hunker down over laptop blah blah blah \/
Run❌
Shower/tea \/
Laptop \/
Bed \/

As I have absolutely nothing to give up for Lent ( no I am not a Catholic) but Mum always gives up something (no she’s not Catholic either) usually chips 😂. I thought I might start something, it was going to be get up at 7am but that didn’t work, so I think it shall have to be, up anytime before 7.30am and makeup on public facing days 🤡.

<:)> to all. Rachel hope you are OK <:)> .
Last edited by aj on 26 Feb 2020 23:53, edited 1 time in total.

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 26 Feb 2020 15:25

aj wrote:
25 Feb 2020 17:39
Oh I knew Martin
Oh wow! Maartin Allcock? ;)?

Today, for Lent, I gave up... doing anything at all. It has been a spectacularly lazy day during which I have done almost absolutely nothing, other than lie on the bed, finishing the book on Poland. Tomorrow and Friday can be more productive.

To do:
Bath
Dinner
Book (but what to read now?)
Bed

I hope everyone's day is going well <:)>

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 26 Feb 2020 19:20

Done

Arrived. And feeling very tired now. I'm not sure how much longer I can do this drive.

To do
Walk the dog before a (very) early night

aj

Post by aj » 27 Feb 2020 07:59

Day 2 of project up before 7.30am.

To do:
Work \/
Home 🐶 \/
Work \/
Home \/
Run \:)/ \:)/
Shower/tea \/
Essay
Bed

Ready for an afternoon of study yesterday I came home to find builders working next door, so I decided I’d give the library a go instead. Plus I needed a pee, and as I have not had anyone living next door for the last couple of years have not needed to sort out window covering. Anyway off I go, I was there for less than an hour, could not get an internet connection, and it was so hot, I wear four layers of clothing for work I’m usually that cold, slowly I started peeling off layers as my body got gradually hotter, I honestly thought I was starting with a fever. When the next person that came in started burping and snorting I packed up and came home.

I think I am definitely turning into a hermit.

<:)> to all.

PS Library is in a leisure centre before someone mentions ‘age’ 😂
Last edited by aj on 27 Feb 2020 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 27 Feb 2020 09:10

D, I hope you got a good night's sleep and that the trip goes well <:)>
aj wrote:
27 Feb 2020 07:59
When the next person that came in started burping and snorting I packed up and came home.
Aww, that's a shame, AJ! My wife's also been using local libraries a lot to work in recently. One of them was a bit of a wash-out (the nearest, sadly) since it's totally set up for people wanting to use the PCs, rather than work on their laptops or (heaven forbid!) with pen and paper. But the larger one is much better.

After two days of abject laziness I really must get some stuff done. So...

To do:
  • Plan today and tomorrow sensibly. The main focus today can be on all smaller jobs. Tomorrow can be all about a writing project I need to get on with.
  • C25K 1/2: I forgot yesterday! :shock: So, I'll probably run today and tomorrow to catch up (contradicting what I said the other day about sticking to certain days...)
  • But first, I'd better walk the dog and check the conditions, as we have snow! Not a lot, but a bit of a covering, so are the pavements icy?
  • But before even that, I'm going to arrange a date for the new electricity meter to be installed. No, seriously - I am!
  • But first of all first-of-alls, I'm going to have another coffee...
I hope everyone's day goes well <:)>

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 27 Feb 2020 09:47

I'm seriously thinking about walking the dog.

Luckily it's still in thought bubbles above my head.

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 28 Feb 2020 07:48

Did the dog get walked, D? I took ours out for a fairly good walk yesterday, but then the snow came back on as we were returning. Weird weather - periods of spring-like sunshine punctuated (or punctured?) by grey clouds and midwinter-esque flurries of snow. I like snow, but it's not settling yet. We'll see what today brings...

To do:
  • Email friend
  • Work on writing project
  • C25K? (I confess, to Almighty God, and you, my brothers and sisters, that I did not go yesterday, partly due to the weather conditions - see above - and partly because I am a lazy toad. Do I go today, and try to go again over the weekend, thus starting week 2 on Monday as planned? Or do I just start week 1 again on Monday? Again, we'll see what today brings...)
  • Tidy office
  • Work on writing project
  • Walk the dog
  • Folk session: I think I've decided not to go this evening. I tried yesterday to practise but I'm just not feeling any desire to play anything. I could go and not play anything, but then people will ask why and that'll be worse than actually playing, given the shy/very-slightly-blue mood I'm in. But I haven't told my wife I'm not going yet, so it's possible she'll strong-arm me into changing my mind, but I kind of hope not
  • If I stay in and she goes out to the session, I could do the hoovering. Or I could leave that until Monday too and simply...
  • ...have a shave and a bath and an early night before the weekend shifts at the shop
I hope everyone has a good day <:)>

aj

Post by aj » 28 Feb 2020 07:55

Day 3

To do:
Work until 12pm
Leave for Manchester - where I am going to meet daughter and son for a concert and spend the night. ❤️

Mums looking after doggy, so hopefully we can return to normal routine and I won’t have to come home every lunchtime. Much as I like our walks it is playing havoc with my reading time.

Last night I ran 3+ miles to say I was pleased with myself is an understatement 🥳.

In the last couple of years I have come a long, long way.

The only problem again is ‘heat’ I get so hot, I go out in a t-shirt, very thin reflective overtop and hat and I am sort of comfortable, don’t know how I’m going to get on when it gets warmer/hotter 🥵.

Anyway good day to all, I’m off to boogie 🕺.

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 28 Feb 2020 07:58

Oh wow! Enjoy boogieing in Manchester, AJ! \:)/ ;)? And well done for going on your run - I think you've shamed me into going for mine today! :D

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 28 Feb 2020 08:23

Morning.

I'm in the south west. Yesterday was glorious. I took the dog for a walk around a park I didn't know, then senior daughter and I spent the afternoon driving to one of her favourite places, late lunching, then walking the dog along the beach in early spring sunshine. Someone was using a drone for fishing (there's a challenge. If he catches a big fish, presumably the fish would swim away, taking the drone with it?), and there were a couple of surfers. As we returned off the Torpoint ferry, it was much darker in Devon - the reason being north of Cornwall I suppose.

To day I've woken to light rain. Approaching a weekend, so I'm guessing we'll have another wet/stormy weather system. The dog will need a walk, so it'll be up to the park, then back for hot drinks and bacon sandwiches. I'm feeling better for the exercise (over 10,000 steps yesterday). Still don't think I could do C25K. Admiration AJ. I still struggle to WALK 3 Kms.

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 29 Feb 2020 10:14

Morning

Dreadful weather last evening. Much better at the moment.

To done
Packed.
Dog walked
Dog fed

To do
Strip bed
Breakfast. Daughter offered to cook. I suggested Wetherspoons (2 minute walk). She went off to dress. Suspect she's back in bed.
Drive home. Eek. Not looking forward to that. As I get older I feel less comfortable with driving.
Via various farm shops, which should make the drive more interesting.

Might give breakfast a miss, and get on the road. It's the face the fear (of the drive) and do it anyway. Sooner I start, sooner it's over.

aj

Post by aj » 01 Mar 2020 09:11

After a fun Twenty-four hours. Normal routine resumes.

To do:
Walk dog \/
Essay ❌
Run❌
Bed \/

Hope everyone is OK.

aj

Post by aj » 02 Mar 2020 07:25

To do:

What I should have done yesterday along with..

Work
Doggy
Work

Ugh

pickles
Last Drink Date: 17 Sep 2012

Post by pickles » 02 Mar 2020 08:36

Hi aj, hope your day goes well . Danny, jj, John, action,Rachel.

Done . Walked the dogs . Younger dog is on quite a few medications now , one of them being cortisone . I wonder if it leaves a bitter taste , as she seems to drink a lot and then wants to eat all the time ... ‘hoovering’ the floor more than usual or going outside. Gave her a shower yesterday.

To do : appointment and then on to get daughter .

Hope all ok to doers .
' Normal ' is just a setting on the washing machine .

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 02 Mar 2020 12:38

Glad you had a good weekend, AJ ;)?

And you too, D - how did the drive home go? <:)>
pickles wrote:
02 Mar 2020 08:36
I wonder if it leaves a bitter taste , as she seems to drink a lot and then wants to eat all the time ... ‘hoovering’ the floor more than usual or going outside.
I hope the meds aren't too unpleasant for Younger Dog, Pickles. You might be right that this explains the extra drinking, eating and 'hoovering'.

Our dog 'hoovers' everything too - and also licks everything. Whenever we visit my (non-dog-owning) parents down south, it always amazes them how much Otter wants to lick their patio :? :lol:

To done:
  • 1) A good weekend back at work. It was lovely to see all my day shift chums again for the first time in almost two months(!).
    If I heard "I bet you're glad to be back in the land of the living" once, I must have heard it twenty times. But that was nice
  • 2) Went to a comedy/music session in the Big City last night (wife was playing). I really enjoy watching the young comedians trying out their material. They're not always great, but sometimes you can see that they have a lot of potential
  • 3) Went into town this morning, just for a few bits and bobs
To do:
  • 1) Await new proofreading job
  • 2) Could and should do some admin but it's No Obs Monday, so...
  • 3) Pootle about
  • 4) Walk dog
  • 5) Catch up on Doctor Who (season finale)
  • 5) Eat, bathe, read, sleep
I hope everyone's day goes well <:)>

Bluebottle
Last Drink Date: 13 Apr 2018

Post by Bluebottle » 03 Mar 2020 01:03

To do tomorrow:

Tidy bedroom
Tidy hall and porch
Tidy kitchen
Clean litter trays
Have a word with Maria
Get hair cut
Lidl, coffee pods and cat food
Yoga
Metafit
Invite new man round!

Ruby xx
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
352/12 days - sober/drinking (14 April 2018 - 13 April 2019)
307/59 days - 2019/2020

aj

Post by aj » 03 Mar 2020 08:17

Hi Ruby, lots for you to do, and hope the last on your list goes well 😉

Can’t believe two months have gone since you were last on days Jjjj. I have never watched Dr Who, I just don’t understand the attraction, although I do like the idea of Jodie Whittaker in the role, she’s a great actress. Having said that I loved Stranger Things on Netflix. It must hark back to the scary days of the Dalek.😮.

I am going to have a moan now about ‘you know what’ so feel free to move along. The assignment only needs a bibliography and it can go. Last night I ended up re-writing the whole second half, my intention had been to send it Sunday night regardless of whether it was finished or not, but I just couldn’t do it. I have to know that I have at least tried. But let’s put it this way I don’t want to look at The Arabian Nights for a long time. I am feeling a little meh about this degree now, I knew that I had just missed out on a 2:1 but I still wanted to finish well, at the moment it all feels a little anti-climactic, for nothing. I think part of this is knowing that because of this extension I only have two weeks in which to write the next one, and then there are only two ‘big ones’ left before we finish for good, and I wanted to give it my all, but I am incapable of ‘balance’ and instead just become overwhelmed without actually being productive😞.

Anyway to do:

Work \/
Doggy - this too is beginning to feel like a chore, waste of petrol, reading time etc, but I know this is all to do with how I feel. \/
Work \/
Run - yes this too is a ‘niggly’ have to do, or I’ll be right back to week 1 \/
Send the 🤬 assignment. \:)/ \:)/

Last edited by aj on 03 Mar 2020 23:49, edited 1 time in total.