Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

The To Do List

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
pickles
Last Drink Date: 17 Sep 2012

Re: The To Do List

Post by pickles » 26 May 2020 19:13

It’s right to get checked, Rachel, for everyone especially I guess as we get older. My grandmother had it , my mother had it , I’m adopted, and well , you know the rest . So I guess with some it could be alcohol related, but it can be anything else so I was told .
Hopefully the days will whizz by for the results and in the meantime to try to keep your mind occupied, be here etc <:)>

Very warm day today , our pink rose at the front of house is very rosy, I never thought it would survive after we had to dig it up those years ago to do with the house works . Done this evening : walked the dogs , watered ,washed junior , who wasn’t very happy !

Hi jjj. Sorry Lush4life, I scrolled back on my phone . Many <:)>

Hi Danny, hope Slingy has been coping ok with the , I guess , lifted ( bit by bit ) lockdown.
' Normal ' is just a setting on the washing machine .

Rachel
Last Drink Date: 20 Jul 2012

Post by Rachel » 26 May 2020 20:37

Thanks, both.
Rachel

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1973
First Sober Date: 09 Jan 2020

Post by DannyD » 27 May 2020 06:21

Morning

Pickles The Slingster is coping better than me. As long as he can get his smokes, I think he's staying fairly dry. Though we haven't spoken for a couple of weeks. I hope you're all well.

Early morning shore walk. I was awake at 4.15, listening to the dawn chorus, but didn't go out until 5. I think I might try for 4.15 tomorrow. I love a dawn chorus.

Done
Sheets in the machine
Dog walked
Birds fed - should do that earlier. They're awake from 4.15.

To do
Water plants in pots. I've lost an apple tree that's dried up.
DONE
Chop some fruit and veg for the dog's breakfast. DONE
Vacuum through
Cut grass
Hang out washing DONE
Get washing back in
Maybe go shopping for gardening bits.

Something outside (maybe honeysuckle, but I've never known it this strong) is wafting through the house. Who needs scented candles!!

Have a good day y'all.
Last edited by DannyD on 27 May 2020 07:26, edited 1 time in total.
be selfish in your sobriety.

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 27 May 2020 06:48

Yes, you definitely did the right thing, Rachel <:)>

Agree that rules ought to be understood before they can be broken for effect (and I am comforted that you too need sometimes to double-check them) ;)?

I've just been kissing Suzanne Vega! Yes, I was surprised too. A very rare (and not unpleasant) mildly erotic dream for Jjjj :D

But of that, enough! It's time to get up...

Have a good day, all <:)>
Nie chwal dnia przed zachodem słońca.

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 27 May 2020 07:27

It's not yet 7.30 and I feel it's time for lunch ....

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 27 May 2020 07:51

Breakfast like a king, luncheon like a prince, then dine like a pauper - that was a friend's dietary advice to me, D ;)? :D

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 27 May 2020 09:00

Super dooper breakfast. On my third / fourth cup of tea. And made out a shopping list.

However, it was such a good breakfast, I might now need a little doze.

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 27 May 2020 11:07

Alas, I was still awake when the dawn chorus started. Got a couple of hours in after that though. No matter. I should sleep ok tonight. Or tomorrow :)

Glad Slingy is okish. Do send him my love/regards, Danny.

Today is 'immerse myself in work' day after being a bit non compos mentis for a while. Not quite getting there yet, but not altogether putting it off. Just lots of admin to do.
need to pot some plants on
watering as usual (quite a task...)
I am going to have to cook, unless I let OH make 'one of his omelettes'. I made pesto with basil plants I have grown from seed yesterday. Not enough for a meal though - made from a (literal) handful. (I was just pinching out the top leaves to try to make the plants bushier.)
Waitrose delivery later - so that will require a bit of sorting out, quarantining and 'sanitizing', in some instances.

Talking of which, the hospital was curiously devoid of hand santiser and masks yesterday, and not just for patients. I guess they don't have enough and keep it for CV-19 treatment areas. Not even the doctor who examined had a mask, although the x-ray lady, who comfortingly reminded me of Sandy Toksvig, did. So perhaps it was a personal choice. Not many patients around. There was a cheerful atmosphere. Hospitals do strike fear into the heart of me, but mainly associated with visiting my mother.

I hope everyone is having a good day.
Rachel

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 27 May 2020 12:45

Rant over. And I'll probably clean this off when I've calmed down. The day had started so well

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 27 May 2020 22:51

? Danny?
Rachel

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 28 May 2020 06:10

<:)> Danny, whatever the rant was about.

I hope the day of work went well, Rachel - and that you slept better, last night ;)?

To do:
1. Enjoy the early morning hush.
2. Regret the non-return of Suzanne Vega to my subconcious. I can't blame her - I never was much cop at kissing, and when you are Suzanne Vega there must be the dreams of many thousands of more interesting and attractive fans to visit. C'est la vie. C'est ce que c'est. I'm just grateful she passed by at all.
3. Stop waffling, get up and email friend.
4. Write a shopping list for tomorrow (pay day), including safety razors and pint mugs.
5. Type up notes for short story.
6. Work: 12-9. Yesterday's shift was good. Favourite colleague bought a chocolate muffin for me at break, to thank me for helping her earlier with a small task - it was so sweet of her! Then my boss's boss asked if I'd increase my contract hours. It means less pay at overtime rates, but this current burst of OT isn't going to last forever so agreeing to more contract hours benefits me in the long-run.

I hope everyone's day goes well \:)/ <:)>

Luna_
Last Drink Date: 18 Apr 2019

Post by Luna_ » 28 May 2020 11:03

Hey all <:)>
Danny - are you OK?

To Do:
Try to get over my post-major-work-deadline collapse.
Try not to get depressed about all the chores I have neglected, due to the above.
Do all the unpaid stuff I have neglected and for which there are coming heaps of nasty reminders (reviewing manuscripts etc - people don't realise this is all done in unpaid time...for some, anyway).
Try not to get depressed and stressed about the above.
Oh dear... not doing so great these days am I?

At least I have no alcohol and no intention of getting any. Not today (rinse and repeat, daily).

Best to all <:)>
I still have Faith, but right now I'm reaching for the moon.

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 28 May 2020 14:02

I was fine. Had a rant (I had behaved particularly badly - a bit of bullying from me), then cleaned off the post. I don't need to shop in Tesco (sorry Mark) ever again.

Did I tell you I was a scarlet woman? Lockdown, and I got some bright red hair dye. It's beginning to fade now, so

To do
More red hair.

And, because I have to wait for 30 minutes,
More read book. Or books. I'm eating them at the moment. All old authors. I'm on Jerrard Tickell's Villa Mimosa. I can't find appointment with Venus. I love these stories of times when cars had running boards and there was only one phone in the village. Men were gentlemen - and women were probably second class citizens.

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 28 May 2020 16:01

DannyD wrote:
28 May 2020 14:02
I don't need to shop in Tesco (sorry Mark) ever again.
Aww, Sorry, D! <:)>

The books sound good. I'll look up that author.

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 29 May 2020 06:57

Ha! You were in my dream, last night, D! Don't worry, nothing naughty. We were standing at the side of an English country lane when a vintage car swished past (passed?) and I said, "Hey, there you go, D - there's one of those cars with running boards, the type you like." :)

To do:
1) Get up and be cheerful. After all, it's Friday, it's pay day and it's sunny, so what's not to like?
2) Work
3) Spend pay (order expensive - by my recent miserly standards - book)

Have a good day, all <:)>

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 29 May 2020 07:02

Morning people.

I am mostly red again. Huge patch of grey at the back, which I missed, but it's at the back, so I can't see it so that's ok. Right?

Thanks Mark. Not just any car with a running board of course. I was watching Poirot the other day, and admiring their selection. I learnt to drive in a car with a running board, aged about 15/16. My instructor stood on the running board giving me instructions. When he saw we were heading for a bush, he jumped off.

To do
Deliver car for service. Must remember the log book.
And reverse. Collect car later.

Have a good day y'all

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 29 May 2020 07:05

DannyD wrote:
29 May 2020 07:02
My instructor stood on the running board giving me instructions. When he saw we were heading for a bush, he jumped off.
:lol:

DannyD wrote:
29 May 2020 07:02
I am mostly red again. Huge patch of grey at the back, which I missed, but it's at the back, so I can't see it so that's ok. Right?
Definitely ;)? In fact, I bet it's even fashionable at the moment to go for two-tone. Sounds quite punky! :D

Edit: Just google-imaged two-tone hair and, yes, lots of the girls/women at work currently have (or have recently had) theirs in various versions of that :)

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 29 May 2020 08:29

Actually, it's a scarlet red, pink, washed out colours from a month ago and grey. All sorts of mixtures.

Walked back from the van drop off. Through the woods. Yes, a little wheezy, but nothing impossible to manage. Still not 100% then, but definitely getting there.

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 29 May 2020 15:35

I've always wanted green hiar. Dark green not punk green.
Rachel

DannyD

Post by DannyD » 29 May 2020 17:04

I want to say that's very green. But I'm worried you might think I'm taking the mick