COVID-19 Support & Chat

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
Cowboy

Re: COVID-19 Support & Chat

Post by Cowboy »

Had mine a couple of days ago and feeling a little strange today. Headache, dizzy, body aches, disoriented. Anybody else?
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

I had the Astra Zeneca, Cowboy. Had it at 10am. By 7pm I felt cold and achey, as though I had a cold coming on. I awoke at about 3am and felt even achier, but by 8 in the morning I felt like I'd had a bad cold that was now disappearing. By 10am (24 hours after the jab) it was completely gone. So, I feel I was lucky - I had side-effects, but they really weren't bad or inconvenent.

The only other thing was a slightly sore upper arm (where the needle went in) for a couple of days, but again it wasn't debilitatingly uncomfortable by any means.

Which vaccination did you get? I hope you're feeling better today ;)?
"I once thought that growing up *meant* smoking and drinking. It looked so good, but I don't want to die from it."
~ Marianne Faithfull

221b for the 2021 Challenge

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat »

Mark. wrote:
15 Apr 2021 09:06
The only other thing was a slightly sore upper arm (where the needle went in) for a couple of days
A tip for next time Mark, I was advised to keep moving the arm for a while after the vaccine to stop it from aching. It works ;)?

I seem to have got off very lightly. I just felt a bit tired after the first Astra jab. Had the 2nd yesterday and, so far, absolutely no side effects whatsoever.
#5 on the 2021 Challenge
When life kicks sand in your face, build a castle.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Topcat wrote:
15 Apr 2021 09:17
A tip for next time Mark, I was advised to keep moving the arm for a while after the vaccine to stop it from aching. It works
Thanks, TC! I'll try that next time ;)?
Topcat wrote:
15 Apr 2021 09:17
I seem to have got off very lightly. I just felt a bit tired after the first Astra jab. Had the 2nd yesterday and, so far, absolutely no side effects whatsoever.
Excellent news! \:)/ <:)>
"I once thought that growing up *meant* smoking and drinking. It looked so good, but I don't want to die from it."
~ Marianne Faithfull

SoberBoots
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2017

Post by SoberBoots »

Similar story here - I was quite tired and had a sore arm for a couple of days, the effects were perhaps a little worse after the second dose. I had the Pfizer.
The best time to plant a tree was 30 years ago. The second best time is today.

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

I had the Pfizer brand JJ.

Feeling much better this morning. It wasn't like a bad flu I felt it was kinda like a flu lite - ha. Anyways glad to hear the folks in the UK are getting vaccinated quickly. You guys had a very rough ride. My second jab is 16 weeks out and our local governments seem to be fumbling around somewhat with the vaccine rollout - and everything else for that matter. Not complaining though. Could be worse - way worse.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Cowboy wrote:
15 Apr 2021 12:09
it was kinda like a flu lite - ha.
Yes, good description, Cowboy ;)? I don't think mine was even quite that bad, thankfully. Also, what I felt didn't bother me much since I knew it was the vaccination and oughtn't last long.

Glad you are already feeling better!
~ Marianne Faithfull

Wilson
Last Drink Date: 24 Nov 2019

Post by Wilson »

🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️🚶🏿🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️
Based on your profile, you are in priority Group 11. Given an uptake of 92.5%, there are between 3,924,872 and 10,118,106 people in front of you in the queue for a first dose of COVID vaccine across the UK.
📅 Given a vaccination rate of 3,473,685 a week and an uptake of 92.5%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 14/05/2021 and 13/06/2021.

You should then get your second dose by between 06/08/2021 and 05/09/2021.

Maybe not too long for some protection then.... 👍😎
Keep on 👍😎