Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Anyone Over 50 Here?

Partners, families, children and friends - they all get affected by your drinking.
User avatar
Naughty little newt
Posts: 10438
Joined: 25 Jun 2013 12:40
Last Drink Date: 10 Aug 2014
Location: The pond
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Naughty little newt » 17 Jun 2018 09:42

I'm proud of how I aged Kim, I've got grey hair because I cared, I've got wrinkles because I laughed and I've got scars because I lived ;)?
What a noisy place to belong.

User avatar
Lush4life
Posts: 5924
Joined: 09 Mar 2016 11:06
Last Drink Date: 04 Feb 2015
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Lush4life » 17 Jun 2018 09:46

Naughty little newt wrote:I'm proud of how I aged Kim, I've got grey hair because I cared, I've got wrinkles because I laughed and I've got scars because I lived ;)?
My doppelganger newty (gender different obviously)
Silver surfer me , not too many lines i don't think and mainly because am a tad "rotund"...no wrinkles on a balloon :lol:
Sobriety is never owned ; it's rented
And rent is due Every day.

User avatar
Naughty little newt
Posts: 10438
Joined: 25 Jun 2013 12:40
Last Drink Date: 10 Aug 2014
Location: The pond
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Naughty little newt » 17 Jun 2018 09:49

Are you see the youth my have the looks but they don't have the experience and there is no substitute for experience :D
What a noisy place to belong.

User avatar
Lush4life
Posts: 5924
Joined: 09 Mar 2016 11:06
Last Drink Date: 04 Feb 2015
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Lush4life » 17 Jun 2018 09:51

Naughty little newt wrote:Are you see the youth my have the looks but they don't have the experience and there is no substitute for experience :D
Indeedy 8-)
Sobriety is never owned ; it's rented
And rent is due Every day.

Spats
Posts: 4095
Joined: 03 Sep 2017 15:12
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Spats » 17 Jun 2018 22:23

So many young whipper snappers on here tut tut :roll:

User avatar
Ruby&Tilly
Posts: 1882
Joined: 26 Apr 2018 22:24
Last Drink Date: 13 Apr 2018
Location: scotland
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Ruby&Tilly » 18 Jun 2018 21:31

loosebanana wrote:Then there's the library, a hive of activity for the over 50's, beginner guitar lessons, attempting the Ukelele, or learning Spanish, it's all there.
Guilty as charged, where's the Ukelele lessons I'll need to sign up lol

Ruby xx
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
352/12 days - sober/drinking (14 April 2018 - 13 April 2019)

User avatar
Naughty little newt
Posts: 10438
Joined: 25 Jun 2013 12:40
Last Drink Date: 10 Aug 2014
Location: The pond
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Naughty little newt » 19 Jun 2018 16:40

Here's your first lesson Ruby ;)?
What a noisy place to belong.

User avatar
Ruby&Tilly
Posts: 1882
Joined: 26 Apr 2018 22:24
Last Drink Date: 13 Apr 2018
Location: scotland
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Ruby&Tilly » 21 Jun 2018 21:57

Naughty little newt wrote:Here's your first lesson Ruby ;)?
Naughty! My favourite, how did you guess?

Ruby xx
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
352/12 days - sober/drinking (14 April 2018 - 13 April 2019)

smh1
Posts: 1697
Joined: 17 May 2017 13:27
Last Drink Date: 15 May 2017
Location: Bootiful Norfolk
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by smh1 » 02 Jul 2018 13:07

Hello may I join you over here? I was 65 last birthday :o I just don't understand how that happened but there you are. The single most aggravating thing I found when I retired was the advert:
Are you aged 50 - 85 - then you can qualify for our insurance that pays for your funeral! :cry:

Would you say to someone who is 20 - are you aged between 20 and 55? then you can..... Tut Suex

User avatar
Topcat
Posts: 26957
Joined: 15 Apr 2012 19:37
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011
Location: U.K
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Topcat » 02 Jul 2018 13:14

smh1 wrote:
02 Jul 2018 13:07
Hello may I join you over here? I was 65 last birthday
You are most welcome Sue and we promise not to bombard you with funeral insurance quotes :lol:
#5 on the 2019 Challenge
Today is our most precious possession.

User avatar
Lush4life
Posts: 5924
Joined: 09 Mar 2016 11:06
Last Drink Date: 04 Feb 2015
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Lush4life » 02 Jul 2018 13:19

smh1 wrote:
02 Jul 2018 13:07
The single most aggravating thing I found when I retired was the advert:
Are you aged 50 - 85 - then you can qualify for our insurance that pays for your funeral! :cry:

Yes those adverts Sue!!
Mind you if you sign up nice and early...you get a free clock, so you can watch the time tick by 😂
I go to buy " long life" milk and the kids cock an eyebrow 🤣😎
Hope you're well my friend x
Sobriety is never owned ; it's rented
And rent is due Every day.

smh1
Posts: 1697
Joined: 17 May 2017 13:27
Last Drink Date: 15 May 2017
Location: Bootiful Norfolk
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by smh1 » 02 Jul 2018 21:44

Topcat wrote:
02 Jul 2018 13:14
smh1 wrote:
02 Jul 2018 13:07
Hello may I join you over here? I was 65 last birthday
You are most welcome Sue and we promise not to bombard you with funeral insurance quotes :lol:
Decent of you TC!

smh1
Posts: 1697
Joined: 17 May 2017 13:27
Last Drink Date: 15 May 2017
Location: Bootiful Norfolk
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by smh1 » 02 Jul 2018 21:46

Lush4life wrote:
02 Jul 2018 13:19
smh1 wrote:
02 Jul 2018 13:07
The single most aggravating thing I found when I retired was the advert:
Are you aged 50 - 85 - then you can qualify for our insurance that pays for your funeral! :cry:

Yes those adverts Sue!!
Mind you if you sign up nice and early...you get a free clock, so you can watch the time tick by 😂
I go to buy " long life" milk and the kids cock an eyebrow 🤣😎
Hope you're well my friend x

Good thank you Kim, hope life tickety with you.

User avatar
Topcat
Posts: 26957
Joined: 15 Apr 2012 19:37
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011
Location: U.K
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Topcat » 06 Dec 2018 11:21

I've had some senior moments in my time on this earth by now, but this morning's beat the lot. I nearly got run over......

......by an ambulance with all lights flashing (I didn't notice it) :oops: :lol:
#5 on the 2019 Challenge
Today is our most precious possession.

User avatar
Topcat
Posts: 26957
Joined: 15 Apr 2012 19:37
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011
Location: U.K
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Topcat » 06 Dec 2018 15:16

Sunny B wrote:
06 Dec 2018 14:40
Now I've reached "all the fives" I assume the ambulances are on their way for me...
Watch for 'em Sunny ;)? :lol:
#5 on the 2019 Challenge
Today is our most precious possession.

pickles
Posts: 5196
Joined: 15 Oct 2014 08:06
Last Drink Date: 17 Sep 2012
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by pickles » 06 Dec 2018 15:26

Get some of those glow cats eyes ,TC, you'll be safer in this darker weather ;)?
image.jpg
image.jpg (149.7 KiB) Viewed 610 times

User avatar
Topcat
Posts: 26957
Joined: 15 Apr 2012 19:37
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011
Location: U.K
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Topcat » 06 Dec 2018 15:38

Good idea Pickles ;)?
#5 on the 2019 Challenge
Today is our most precious possession.

User avatar
Naughty little newt
Posts: 10438
Joined: 25 Jun 2013 12:40
Last Drink Date: 10 Aug 2014
Location: The pond
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Naughty little newt » 06 Dec 2018 15:44

Almost :shock:


Cat-astrophe.png
Cat-astrophe.png (46.43 KiB) Viewed 603 times
What a noisy place to belong.

User avatar
Topcat
Posts: 26957
Joined: 15 Apr 2012 19:37
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011
Location: U.K
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Topcat » 06 Dec 2018 15:48

Newts (::) :lol:
#5 on the 2019 Challenge
Today is our most precious possession.

Spats
Posts: 4095
Joined: 03 Sep 2017 15:12
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018
Contact:

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by Spats » 06 Dec 2018 22:05

How many lives have you got left now TC, especially after your run in with the tree :lol:

Post Reply