Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Anyone Over 50 Here?

Partners, families, children and friends - they all get affected by your drinking.
SoberBoots
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2017

Re: Anyone Over 50 Here?

Post by SoberBoots » 14 Feb 2019 10:27

DoneandDone wrote:
14 Feb 2019 06:15
Jjjj of Old wrote:
13 Feb 2019 14:54
:lol: :lol: (::) TC and Kim!
Cowboy wrote:
13 Feb 2019 14:45
Yesterday, once again, I walked into a room and forgot why I went there.

Luckily, this time around it was the bathroom.

Love that, Cowboy ;)? :lol: :lol:

Our bathroom light switch is outside the door on the hall wall. Recently, I've developed a habit of turning it on before I open the door. Then when I open the door I immediately wonder who left the light on (w) :oops: I've done this countless times, this winter.
Hi dear peeps,

I only have been popping into BE once in awhile. Sending telepathic love this way always.

This thread caught my eye. And y’all make me laugh so hard as I gots da same issue. Jjjj In your case I think you discovered a glitch in the Matrix or you are in something like Ground Hog Day....

Here I thought I was finally learning to meditate and all that’s really happening is I’m losing marbles. Don’t care. Not worrying about it. Less to manage all round is good I say. Drastic loss of hearing too. Not worried. Ah Silence.
D&D, how lovely to "see" you!
The best time to plant a tree was 30 years ago. The second best time is today.
Completed 2018 challenge

Jjjj of Old

Post by Jjjj of Old » 14 Feb 2019 10:49

Yes, really good to see you again, D&D! \:)/ (Although I'm sorry about the hearing loss <:)> )
DoneandDone wrote:
14 Feb 2019 06:15
Jjjj In your case I think you discovered a glitch in the Matrix or you are in something like Ground Hog Day....

Very true :lol: (::)
Each day was a day I’d worked hard to progress. If I had a bad day [and] I was feeling slightly depressed, I'd say to myself, “Well, I’ve no right to let the ‘me’ down who’s got me this far. So, snap out of it! Go and read a book."
Robin Knox-Johnston

Trojan
Last Drink Date: 09 Jun 2013

Post by Trojan » 22 Feb 2019 19:04

Waving to D&D \:)/ Sorry I missed your visit! I hope you're keeping well <:)>
Au milieu de l'hiver, j'apprenais enfin qu'il y avait en moi un été invincible.
#28 on the 2019 Challenge

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-2030
First Sober Date: 0- 0-2030

Post by DannyD » 23 Feb 2019 00:26

Bragging bragging bragging. University challenge on catch up. 'The average age of this team is 20. (The other team was 19)'. I got a question right that they didn't get....
be selfish in your sobriety.

DoneandDone
First Sober Date: 24 Oct 2017

Post by DoneandDone » 11 Mar 2019 09:37

Hi Uber 50’s (autofill changed it ha ha)

Nice to see you all also. Will have to make my way over to gardens and the to do threads soon. Although there are obstacles and struggles the BE peeps always DOING something and GOING somewhere. While they work on improving themselves. Great group. Inspiring. Awesome. Truly. Uniquely so. Hard to find. Honestly.

Hugs <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)>
Love maxing those out
D&D
It will always and forever be One Day At A Time