Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Should I let him go now to save the pain ?

Partners, families, children and friends - they all get affected by your drinking.
SoberBoots
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2017

Re: Should I let him go now to save the pain ?

Post by SoberBoots » 25 Oct 2019 17:28

soempty wrote:
25 Sep 2019 10:35
Thank you soberboots, sadly I am aware of this fact, and as much as I don't want to turn my back on him, I know I must. My mental, physical and emotional health is suffering because of the years of pain. Sadly he seems to get up and carry on day after day as if nothings happened, where as I feel like I'm carrying a million scars x
How are you doing now?
The best time to plant a tree was 30 years ago. The second best time is today.
Completed 2018 challenge

soempty

Post by soempty » 28 Oct 2019 07:50

Hi soberboots, thanks for checking in on me, its been a long hard month. i kicked him out at the start of the month, he was gone 5 days. i had him back on the understanding that he would get some profesional help with his demons. which he did go to drs, did not drink for 2 weeks, and did sign up on here. but sadly that is it, he just did all that to get back, hes not followed any of it up. so friday night was our second anniversay, he took me out for a meal and we was having a lovely time, but then we made the mistake of going on into town after the meal. yes it ended up me saying its time to go because his attitude changed and he was starting to get abnoxious with people. when we got home, he was cold and horrible towards me again, he took himself off to the spare room and spent the night sleeping on the floor in there. then yesterday i find out that he has gambled all our money, and we are going on holiday today, so its left to me to fund everything again. so sadly things are no better, and we are just existing together at the moment.

SoberBoots
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2017

Post by SoberBoots » 28 Oct 2019 17:30

so sadly things are no better,
I'm so sorry. It must make you feel quite desperate at times <:)>
The best time to plant a tree was 30 years ago. The second best time is today.
Completed 2018 challenge