Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

God Bless Ozzy

Partners, families, children and friends - they all get affected by your drinking.
Therapy

God Bless Ozzy

Post by Therapy » 30 Jan 2012 22:07

Struck a cord with me last night watching the Ozzy programme and how he, like my dad completely marginalised himself from his wife and children and moved into his own world of booze, drugs and running with his mates. It was an honest and open account by all involved and good to see Ozzy not holding back about himself and finding a successful way to become a husband and father by beating his addictions. Unlike my own dad, who woke up one day to his usual routine of how much cash have I got in my wallet to buy booze and cigs and do I need to go to work today, only to find himself on his own and marginalised by his wife and children. He somehow forgot that children grow up and become adults with decision making heads on our shoulders and the prediction our uncle told him decades ago that he will die a lonely old man appears to be coming to fruition. Shame he still believes and tells anybody who is still stupid enough to listen to him that it's the fault of everybody else and not him.

40percentproof
Last Drink Date: 02 Jan 2012

Re: God Bless Ozzy

Post by 40percentproof » 02 Feb 2012 23:12

What a great programme that was, from a rock star as big as him, to lowly little me, isn't it amazing at some of the crazy shit we do when drinking/drunk.

Fair play to OO for turning it round
TWITTER : @40percentproof

www.40percentproof.blogspot.com

Dolphin6

Post by Dolphin6 » 20 Jun 2012 10:41

Really feeling for this family right now. First Ozzy, then Sharon and the cancer scare and now Jack and his MS. If any family can cope though, it's them. ;)?

Boris Bike
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2020

Post by Boris Bike » 21 Jun 2012 17:43

Jack's got MS!? :(

Just went and looked up the news.

That is very sad.

Dolphin6

Post by Dolphin6 » 21 Jun 2012 17:53

It sure is. It's not imminently terminal though MS, just a pain to live with.
Makes you think though, If old Ozzy can cope with all he's had to cope with and not relapse.... :)

Boris Bike
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2020

Post by Boris Bike » 22 Jun 2012 00:21

I think a "pain to live with" is a bit of an understatement. I'm no expert but I thought some people with it ended up basically unable to use their arms and legs?

Dolphin6

Post by Dolphin6 » 22 Jun 2012 09:44

Possibly, but it's an open forum and no idea who might / might not be newly diagnosed ;) <:)>