Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Why Not??

Partners, families, children and friends - they all get affected by your drinking.
KateFitz83

Why Not??

Post by KateFitz83 » 31 Jan 2012 08:21

I created a higher power for myself and I pray on a daily basis, sometimes even four times a day. I also keep a notebook and write my prayers down along with thoughts and feelings. I am having so much trouble just trusting my higher power. I feel like if I dont take things upon myself that things wont get taken care of if i would just let them go.

I want nothing more then to be with my daughters father. I have apologized admitted to the things i did wrong and the things I have lied about, and still he ignores my texts and calls, and never takes time to even text me and make sure I am ok. There is nothing more I can do, so why wont I let it go?? Everytime I do something for my daughter, such as putting her stuff together, washing her clothes, picking out a crib, or just anything that has to do with her, I think to myself "why am I doing this alone, shouldn't he be here with me helping and giving his opinion"? I cant stop these thoughts and its been 2 weeks since i have been to a meeting. Being pregnant i am always tired but now it seems like i refuse to leave my house alone. The only time I go anywhere alone is when I see my therapist or when I go to work.

I feel so alone and I just cant seem to get myself to go anywhere. Why cant I just trust my higher power and move forward with things? Plz tell me Im not the only idiot that is having trouble with this. Someone plz help

40percentproof
Last Drink Date: 02 Jan 2012

Re: Why Not??

Post by 40percentproof » 02 Feb 2012 23:10

Hi

You won't let go because you care, that's all.

Life will follow its natural course, just keep doing what you do and be a good, decent sober person. You can't change others but you can try and change yourself.

The past is just that, it won't go away, things have been done and said. It's where you go in the future that matters more.

I wish you well and keep going!
TWITTER : @40percentproof

www.40percentproof.blogspot.com

fbb01120
Last Drink Date: 28 Jul 2012

Post by fbb01120 » 03 Aug 2012 06:06

Despite everything you seem like a very strong sole. You are getting all your stuff together for your child, that is a great accomplishment in itself. Although you feel like you are alone physically, I mean here to support you mentally if you need it. I understand what you are going through as I am sure many others here do too... YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS just one step at a time. Its hard to let go I am trying to do the same now...
Best wishes!

aprilstart
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1915

Post by aprilstart » 13 Sep 2014 08:42

Dear WJ, welcome to bright eyes and sorry that you feel so distressed. Is your problem alcohol now? You'll find lots of help and support here. You would be better going to the general recovery menu and posting on the " general support and chat" or "SOS" or " new members" threads. Lots of people see those and you'll get lots of replies. Well done for finding this amazing forum, and I wish you all the very best. ( I'm sorry I could not post links to the other threads for you, I'm not a great techie) Ann Marie x
Ps most of us on here are from the UK

Mr. G
Last Drink Date: 23 May 1989

Post by Mr. G » 15 Sep 2014 10:25

Focus on your recovery, just like what they say. We cannot change the past or other people. But focus on your recovery to change yourself. I hope you are well. Good luck on your recovery.
" But still...Isn't there here one you once called an enemy?"

saara

Post by saara » 28 Aug 2017 18:47

Thanks for sharing these information ... :)
vitalbrands