Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

The First 7 Days

User avatar
LBNS
Posts: 1096
Joined: 13 Mar 2008 12:07
Last Drink Date: 08 Sep 2019
First Sober Date: 09 Sep 2019
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by LBNS » 10 Sep 2019 09:12

Morning all <:)> Day 2
Hey Sleepyb <:)> Really good to see you <:)>
I think there are a few of us here that can do longish stinks without alcohol, but keep going back to it. Safety in numbers, lets stick together.
I, like you really want to be long term sober again. I'm sick of feeling sick. Went into work yesterday feeling rubbish after Sunday night's excesses, didn't sleep well, was emotional, didn't want to get up, didn't want to leave husband, didn't want to go to work, didn't want to face people. Then when I got home I did absolutely nothing but watch crap tv, eat crap food and take a a shower. I didn't tidy up, didn't wash up, didn't cook....
I don't want my life to be about "didn't's"... I want it to be about "do's".
I've got the day off work today, I'm ok, better than yesterday, but not raring to go. Just feeling a bit flat and bleurgh.
I've got to go out this morning, so need to get my arse into gear. It's probably a good thing that I have to go out, I just don't really feel like it right now.
Hope everyone is ok, and has a good day ❤️
LBNS
XXXX
You never regret NOT drinking the next morning.

xxxkateyxxx
Posts: 408
Joined: 17 Oct 2017 16:33
Last Drink Date: 28 Dec 2018
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by xxxkateyxxx » 10 Sep 2019 10:01

Luna_ wrote:
10 Sep 2019 07:05
Morning katey, morning all.
Well done on day 4, K.
Be wary though. Day four on a friday is a red alert
Be aware of the "Im fixed" thoughts or the "one last weekend wont hurt" trap. It will.

Day 7 here. Looking forward to getting past this first week. Somehow, getting to the "2nd sober wednesday" etc always helps me get back into a longer-term AF stretch.

Best
L xx
Well done Luna on day 7, I totally agree. I have to accept that drink is always going to be an issue for me and that however long i stay sober im not "fixed" have a lovely day <:)>

xxxkateyxxx
Posts: 408
Joined: 17 Oct 2017 16:33
Last Drink Date: 28 Dec 2018
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by xxxkateyxxx » 10 Sep 2019 10:03

LBNS wrote:
10 Sep 2019 09:12
Morning all <:)> Day 2
Hey Sleepyb <:)> Really good to see you <:)>
I think there are a few of us here that can do longish stinks without alcohol, but keep going back to it. Safety in numbers, lets stick together.
I, like you really want to be long term sober again. I'm sick of feeling sick. Went into work yesterday feeling rubbish after Sunday night's excesses, didn't sleep well, was emotional, didn't want to get up, didn't want to leave husband, didn't want to go to work, didn't want to face people. Then when I got home I did absolutely nothing but watch crap tv, eat crap food and take a a shower. I didn't tidy up, didn't wash up, didn't cook....
I don't want my life to be about "didn't's"... I want it to be about "do's".
I've got the day off work today, I'm ok, better than yesterday, but not raring to go. Just feeling a bit flat and bleurgh.
I've got to go out this morning, so need to get my arse into gear. It's probably a good thing that I have to go out, I just don't really feel like it right now.
Hope everyone is ok, and has a good day ❤️
LBNS
XXXX
This is how I felt this weekend :( That's what I need to remind myself of every time I consider celebrating. I hope you feel much better today. We can do this we know we can we just have to have a bit of faith in ourselves. Big hugs <:)>

Sleepyb
Posts: 1467
Joined: 09 Jun 2018 10:00
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Sleepyb » 10 Sep 2019 10:59

Wasted weekend was had here. Didn’t do half the stuff I’d planned with OH and son out the way.
Worked yesterday, if you can call it work, I just dibbled my mouse about a bit so going to have to make up for my uselessness and work double hard the rest of the week.

Sleepyb
Posts: 1467
Joined: 09 Jun 2018 10:00
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Sleepyb » 10 Sep 2019 11:06

Boxer wrote:
10 Sep 2019 07:23
Morning all
Day 6
Catch up later. X
Boxer, just clicked it’s you! :\:

User avatar
Luna_
Posts: 134
Joined: 12 Nov 2018 20:08
Last Drink Date: 18 Apr 2019
Location: north
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Luna_ » 10 Sep 2019 14:06

Spot on LBNT about the "did's" rather than the "didn'ts" ;)?
I still have Faith, but right now I'm reaching for the moon.

Sleepyb
Posts: 1467
Joined: 09 Jun 2018 10:00
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Sleepyb » 10 Sep 2019 18:30

Very spot on. I’ve eaten my weight in rubbish food today. Meant to be at a spin class tonight but cancelled as just too drained but I am just about to take the dogs on a long walk, blow the cobwebs away type of thing 😀. How is everyone going x

Boxer
Posts: 742
Joined: 04 Mar 2018 20:20
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Boxer » 10 Sep 2019 20:41

Hi everyone, good to see you sleepy. Like a few others on here we've been here before so let's make this our last seven days. It's good to see (you know what I mean) quite a few familiar names. Between us we've a lot of experience to draw on so let's stick together and move forward.
I've had the day from hell with the sale of my house move. A problem has come up with something to do with the drainage and an extension in our house and I have to wait until tomorrow to talk with our solicitor. In the past this would have sent me straight to the bottle and join my husband with his wine, but you know what, I thought to myself alcohol will only make this horrible situation worse. I have to have a telephone conversation with our solicitor in the morning and the last thing I need is a hangover whist doing that. It takes some thinking about to realise rotten things still happen when you're sober but at least you are clear headed enough to deal with them. Whether the outcome is good or bad I know I would have done the best I could...sober.
I'm heading for an early night and just hope I can sleep. Hope everyone is doing okay. X

Boxer
Posts: 742
Joined: 04 Mar 2018 20:20
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Boxer » 11 Sep 2019 08:13

Morning.
Day 7

Glad I didn’t drink yesterday. I read on here once That no matter what the problem alcohol will only make it worse, it never helps or makes it better. At least I do not have a hangover to deal with on top of everything else today.
Have a good day everyone. X

xxxkateyxxx
Posts: 408
Joined: 17 Oct 2017 16:33
Last Drink Date: 28 Dec 2018
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by xxxkateyxxx » 11 Sep 2019 08:27

Boxer wrote:
11 Sep 2019 08:13
Morning.
Day 7

Glad I didn’t drink yesterday. I read on here once That no matter what the problem alcohol will only make it worse, it never helps or makes it better. At least I do not have a hangover to deal with on top of everything else today.
Have a good day everyone. X
Morning boxer. I agree totally, it always feels good the next day when you've resisted.
Hello seveners :\: It's a miserable day here but I'll get lots of work done with the house to myself. I hope everyone has a lovely day ;)?

Sleepyb
Posts: 1467
Joined: 09 Jun 2018 10:00
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Sleepyb » 11 Sep 2019 08:48

Morning. Day 2 commences.
110% everything is easier to deal with when sober, however stressful it is. I either ignore stuff I really need to deal with when drinking or I do deal with it but I’m totally the wrong way and make everything 10 tines worse.
Still feeling a bit crap after my weekend binge but definitely better than I did. I must must try and get to the gym today as that’s yet another thing that goes down the pan when I’m ‘on one’🙄 I’ve missed about 3 classes I pre booked and you get a strike at my gym when you miss a certain amount of classes so get suspended from booking anything for a week. Not the end of the world at all but just another stupid annoying thing I let happen when drinking on top of all the other stupid things I let happen when drinking.
Come in seveners, let’s stop letting stupid things happen! Wow, I’m sounding quite philosophical this morning 😂

Mackintosh
Posts: 28
Joined: 13 Jul 2018 09:58
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Mackintosh » 11 Sep 2019 09:42

Sleepyb wrote:
11 Sep 2019 08:48
Morning. Day 2 commences.
110% everything is easier to deal with when sober, however stressful it is. I either ignore stuff I really need to deal with when drinking or I do deal with it but I’m totally the wrong way and make everything 10 tines worse.
Still feeling a bit crap after my weekend binge but definitely better than I did. I must must try and get to the gym today as that’s yet another thing that goes down the pan when I’m ‘on one’🙄 I’ve missed about 3 classes I pre booked and you get a strike at my gym when you miss a certain amount of classes so get suspended from booking anything for a week. Not the end of the world at all but just another stupid annoying thing I let happen when drinking on top of all the other stupid things I let happen when drinking.
Come in seveners, let’s stop letting stupid things happen! Wow, I’m sounding quite philosophical this morning 😂
Hi I'm on day two too after binging at the weekend.Things had taken a horrible turn lately with my OH increasingly aggressive when I've been drinking and I have some very suspicious bruises on my thighs and abdomen. OH says I'm crazy to think he did this and has no idea where they came from...I probably fell over drunk. Anyway maybe the shock I needed to get me sober. So here we are at day 2...I've contacted someone about cbt sessions and ordered kudzu. It's time I do this for myself now.im feeling more energised today. :)

Sleepyb
Posts: 1467
Joined: 09 Jun 2018 10:00
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Sleepyb » 11 Sep 2019 10:19

Hi Mackintosh. Hope you’re starting to feel better in day 2. Obv worrying what you’ve said about your OH, does he drink as well? Have you got anyone in ‘reallife’ Who you talk to?
My OH is a very heavy drinker, well he’s definitely got a problem with it. He used to be pretty nasty when drunk though it was more verbal than anything else. We tend to stay out of each other’s way mostly now tbh so don’t really cross words anymore. He’s more like a house mate, albeit a very irritating one.

Mackintosh
Posts: 28
Joined: 13 Jul 2018 09:58
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Mackintosh » 11 Sep 2019 11:03

Sleepyb wrote:
11 Sep 2019 10:19
Hi Mackintosh. Hope you’re starting to feel better in day 2. Obv worrying what you’ve said about your OH, does he drink as well? Have you got anyone in ‘reallife’ Who you talk to?
My OH is a very heavy drinker, well he’s definitely got a problem with it. He used to be pretty nasty when drunk though it was more verbal than anything else. We tend to stay out of each other’s way mostly now tbh so don’t really cross words anymore. He’s more like a house mate, albeit a very irritating one.
Hi thereSleepyb nope it's me that drinks, maybe this is the thing that will succeed in getting me to stop. I can't drink now just incase I get hurt.I spoke this morning to someone from.a wellbeing centre and now have an appointment. Ki day opened the floodgates talking to someone, hopefully I can finally get fixed .

Bria
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 Sep 2019 12:23
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Bria » 11 Sep 2019 12:33

Hi I’m Bria and I’ve been drinking heavily for 25 years. One or two bottles of wine every night, sometimes 3. This is my 2nd day without. It has cost me many jobs and mental health issues. I’m going to see my GP tomorrow to get some help and apply for ESA as I’ve not been able to function at work since 2016. I drink because my daughter has caused me a lot of stress, I was betrayed by my friends and family and my relationship of 16 years is coming to an end.

Condor
Posts: 104
Joined: 30 Aug 2019 16:54
Last Drink Date: 29 Aug 2019
First Sober Date: 30 Aug 2019
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Condor » 11 Sep 2019 13:00

Dear Bria. Welcome. You’re in a good place on this site and you’ll meet some lovely people and make some good friends. We’re all the same in our addiction and our aim is supporting each other. The more days you get under your belt, the better you’ll feel and you will soon feel more positive and calm. Great to have you here, you’re doing brilliantly. <:)>

Hello and love to Sleepyb, Mckintosh, Kathy, Boxer, LBNS, Panda bear, and everyone else. You’re all fantastic. \:)/ <:)> \:)/ <:)> \:)/
Only those who truly love you can see the pain in your eyes, while others see the smile on your face.

Boxer
Posts: 742
Joined: 04 Mar 2018 20:20
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Boxer » 11 Sep 2019 14:53

Hi everyone and welcome Bria. The early days are horrible but hunker down, look after yourself and be selfish with your self care. The best thing about the first few days is when it ends and if you’re anything like a few of us on here it usually ends with early nights but do whatever it takes to get through it.
My house move problem is in the process of being sorted and I’m so glad I negotiated with the solicitor without a hangover and sober. They say moving is stressful, I never realised just how stressful it is. Definitely not a time to drink.
So here I am on day 7 and feeling much better in my body and mind. I know it’s early days but we all can only do one day at a time and today I am not going to drink.. Not Today. X

Sandpoint
Posts: 12
Joined: 20 May 2019 17:07
First Sober Date: 09 Sep 2019
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Sandpoint » 11 Sep 2019 18:21

Hi everyone.

Back again after a break which has not been successful.

The crunch came recently when I let an old, dear friend down who really needed me. I was going to have "one small brandy" to give me courage, but ended up unconscious after binge drinking.

I keep asking myself when will this ever end?

Day 3

Boxer
Posts: 742
Joined: 04 Mar 2018 20:20
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Boxer » 11 Sep 2019 19:11

Hi everyone
Standpoint it can end now. You're on day three and that’s brilliant. You can take control of this. I know it’s hard, I’m on day seven but it took me being in the pit of despair last week to remind me it couldn’t go on. I was hurting other people and myself. I have had a few stints of sobriety and I can tell you life is better without alcohol in it. I find this site and all these like minded, non judgmental people the way forward for me. I know to my cost when I stop reading and texting on this site I start believing one drink will be okay. Of course one is never enough for someone like me as one leads to two then the bottle and some. Post on here as often as you need to. Just putting your feelings out there and reading them back centres you on maintaining your sobriety. It’s a no brainier really, learn from the past but move forward. It’s the only way to go. X

Sleepyb
Posts: 1467
Joined: 09 Jun 2018 10:00
Contact:

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Sleepyb » 11 Sep 2019 20:24

Hi Sandpoint and Bria. There’s a good few of us on here .
Sandpoint you probably know how great this site is for support and Bria stick around, this site has definitely changed my relationship with alcohol. I’m still having day ones but I feel like I’m getting there.
Mackintosh, how did you get on today?

Post Reply