The First 7 Days

Pandabear73

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Pandabear73 »

TrueState wrote:
23 Jun 2021 09:23
Morning All :\:
Hey Panda we've all been there and understand just how weary of it all you feel. Stick with us keep posting and we will help each other through <:)> <:)>

Thanks means alot, am feeling really low today and struggling to hold it together at work. X

Pandabear73

Post by Pandabear73 »

Just made a positive step forward and what feels like a huge victory, a friend txt me to see if I fancied meeting up for a beer/wine and a catch up, I said thanks but no thanks and came straight home from work.
Just sorting my dinner out and a huge glass of juice, feeling really proud of myself.

Hugs to all x

Smithster
Last Drink Date: 20 Sep 2020
First Sober Date: 21 Sep 2020

Post by Smithster »

Pandabear73 wrote:
23 Jun 2021 16:47
Just made a positive step forward and what feels like a huge victory, a friend txt me to see if I fancied meeting up for a beer/wine and a catch up, I said thanks but no thanks and came straight home from work.
Just sorting my dinner out and a huge glass of juice, feeling really proud of myself.

Hugs to all x
Well done Panda. Forming those good habits replace those bad ones. Soon you find this is the norm and it becomes much easier.

;)?

Button36
Last Drink Date: 20 Jun 2021
First Sober Date: 21 Jun 2021

Post by Button36 »

Awesome news panda every reason to be proud

I’m very tearful this evening I’m not sure if that’s usual, I don’t really have anything to be upset about so just going with it. I feel
similar symptoms/ cravings to when I gave up smoking. So the oven just blew up and I could have done without it to be honest. On a positive note we’re all getting sausage chips and gravy for tea, every cloud and all that !
#23 on the 2021 challenge

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

I get emotional as well when I can't have my nummy (ie drink) as well Button. It's good that you are just going with and absorbing the feeling. All feelings are good to experience without drowning them out with booze. Good on you.

Well done Panda. I got through a bit of a wobble this afternoon and am just making myself a nice dinner and going to relax a bit. Tomorrow is going to be a better day for it. This I know is true.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

TrueState

Post by TrueState »

Cowboy Button Panda well done on getting through a difficult day <:)> Howse everyone else doing?
I have bouts where I am very emotional finding tears in my eyes and not really knowing why. I used to chastise myself and try and suppress those emotions. Now I just let them be its all part of the healing process.

Day 3 done. Night night all

TrueState

Post by TrueState »

Morning Al

I slept better last night. No where near 10hrs like you Cowboy but pretty good for me.

Day 4 here we come.....

Jake.
Last Drink Date: 09 Jul 2021

Post by Jake. »

Day 4 \:)/

I hope everyones well

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Doing good Jake. Hope you have a great day.

Day 4 and feeling much better as the alcohol from my last drinking foray continues to work it's way through my system. Looking forward to a bright and sunny day here at the shack by the cliff.

Have a great AF all if that is your goal.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

Button36
Last Drink Date: 20 Jun 2021
First Sober Date: 21 Jun 2021

Post by Button36 »

Thank you all for reassuring me that my crying is just a normal part of the process, feeling a little flat today but again just part of the process I guess. Busy day getting everything ready for our weekend break. It’s not really a trigger for me as I’ve had AF weekends away and enjoy them more , though I find AF choices instead of sickly pop are limited. I’ve booked swimming for when we get there to keep me focused. Have a good day everyone
#23 on the 2021 challenge

TrueState

Post by TrueState »

Evening All

I'm glad you are feeling better Cowboy...how was your day at the Shack?

Button really good idea to book the swimming in. That's something I need to get better at being proactive in helping myself when I'm not feeling so good. I really hope you have a lovely weekend away.

Day 4 done tucked up in bed...Night night all

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Hey TrueState. It was a great day at the shack today. Thanks for asking. Sun was shining but not so humid. A good enough breeze to keep the mosquitos as bay.

Just feels so good to come on here and say I got through another sober day. Were there any urges? Yep. There always are when you are this close to the start of your sober journey and not as fully invested but I got through and ready to have a lazy night. If it's clear I will be checking out the stars.

Have a great night all.

Alizarin

Post by Alizarin »

Morning all,

I have just been catching up on the thread. Everyone is doing so well, its great to see. Hi Panda :\: I do hope you are starting to feel better.

Work has been mental... NHS and all that. 10 appointments and 500 people wanting them. I am sober and making better decisions and choices. Except food - Goodness me. I have packed in the junk food but given myself some grace as I know from past experience this is temporary and if it gets me through it then I will take it.

I hope you all have a happy Friday
Ali
#16 on the 2021 Challenge
Sobriety is never owned. It's rented and the rent is due everyday.

Jake.
Last Drink Date: 09 Jul 2021

Post by Jake. »

Day 5

Good morning all x

Velvet Rose

Post by Velvet Rose »

Hello everyone, after a few false starts , I am on DAY 3, feeling more exhausted than ever before, I fell asleep 3 times yesterday during the day.
Clearly my body is really suffering more from my drinking..
Determined to rack up a long AF stint and feel better.
Love to All VR 🌹
Blooming like a Rose feels better than blooming drunk again!

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Morning everyone.

Day 5 and looking forward to a alcohol free weekend. The last 3 weeks I have made it to 5 and faltered during the weekend. I would like to see this one through and enjoy Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I hope everyone has a great AF day if that is your goal.

Alizarin

Post by Alizarin »

Friday feeling and starting feel like I am missing out so sticking to my plan and coming straight here to wait it out. Just going to try and play the tape forward and get past the next half hour when it will be in the past. Hope you are all planning a lovely weekend.

TrueState

Post by TrueState »

Hi Everyone

Well done VR I've been there where I can barely string two days together and I feel worse and worse about myself. So fantastic on the 3 days and it will get better.

Your job sounds very challenging Alizarin...more needs to be done to support the NHS but I won't start ranting about that now! Just be kind to yourself and like you said no need to worry about what you are eating in these early days you can sort that out when you are a bit further along the sober road.

Cowboy small steps and dig deep into your staying af tool kit and you will be able to get through the weekend.

Remember all when those wobbles come and the permission voice is whispering or even shouting post here first at least that will be an immediate distraction.

Tomorrow I'm collecting my son from his girlfriend's house a 7.5hr round trip. So that's Saturday taken care of as I will be way too nakard to do anything else when I get home.

Anyone else got any plans a bit more exciting than spending the day on the M25?

TrueState

Post by TrueState »

Hey Alizarin we crossed posts.

Do you have things you can do to help you get through cook food eat food watch a box set on Netflix?

You can do this and just think how good you are gonna feel with yourself when you wake up tomorrow having not given in <:)>

Alizarin

Post by Alizarin »

Hey True,
Thank you <:)> . I went upstairs and pampered myself for an hour. I drunk ordered so many beauty products in the last year because I looked so terrible from drinking. Then didn't use them because I was usually too drunk! Sometimes we are just our own worst enemies. I am clean and shiny, smell lovely and am safely in my PJ's waiting for my telly programs to come on at 8 so no chance of going out now. I also treated myself to some new clothes in my current size with the wine money. Day 7 tomorrow. So grateful to be nearly at the first goal of many.
Have a great evening all.
Ali