The First 7 Days

nathan_
Last Drink Date: 28 May 2013

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by nathan_ »

day 7 tomorrow, will feel so nice to have a whole week under my belt, can breathe a sigh of relief :) I like a week, its nice and whole.
Just posted on October general chat and support. Would be interested to hear what youve noticed
I dont want my liver to pack up, and my kidneys, heart attack, and give myself brain damage and ruin my skin for good, and then die a slow miserable painful lonely death. I dont want to fear these feelings anymore. Goodbye alcohol

WHY?

Post by WHY? »

Nathan,

Well done on your 6 days, haven't done 6 days in years, that's why am now on BE....!
I agree about alcohol being absolutely everywhere, have had 3 separate text conversations today with friends telling me about their days, pretty much all ending with plans to open the wine/vodka/going tp pub as a reward or consolation for whatever has happened in their day. While I realize my drinking is not normal, I am now feeling abnormal for not drinking tonight!!! Just got to stay strong, I am doing this for ME.

Keep going everyone,

Jay

joanneholdbrook

Post by joanneholdbrook »

well done everyone i am still sober and have decided as it was a slip i am going back on the 3 month thread after a bit of a battle with my brain as iv no intention to carry on drinking but wil still stay on here as well so i dont forget what a slip makes you feel like xxxx

Grendelslip

Post by Grendelslip »

Very well done joanneholdbrook!

I'm off to bed now having completed day 3, and for me this is the worst time of the day. Will I sleep, or have night terrors? Ha ha. Well another day done. Sounds a bit smug, but my point is if I did it, then YOU can do it. Trust me. There was a moment when I might have cracked, but Hydrate (see previous posts) put me right back on track. If you're having problems, just hang in there and ask for help: it's out there.

Sweet dreams, everyone, and let's fly....

nathan_
Last Drink Date: 28 May 2013

Post by nathan_ »

Nights are the worst, its when the body can focus fully on repairing itself. Feels like a container full of toxic waste then someone releasing the pressure valve...
Day 7 today, got a lot planned again. Not feeling so motivated bacause of last nights dreams, but as soon as the day goes on things will pick up.
I guess I'll be moving over to the 2 week thread now :) Hope to see you all there :)
remember weve got a lot to live for, and deserve more than killing ourselves
I dont want my liver to pack up, and my kidneys, heart attack, and give myself brain damage and ruin my skin for good, and then die a slow miserable painful lonely death. I dont want to fear these feelings anymore. Goodbye alcohol

phunkychick
Last Drink Date: 16 Oct 2011

Post by phunkychick »

Hi its great to see everyone doing so well. On to day 5 for me and am feeling positive! It's been a funny week so far with a lot of ups and downs with some tears thrown in. I went for councelling on Tuesday for the first time and it went well so well that I decided to go the whole hog and try an AA meeting yesterday. Not sure how I feel about the meeting, met a lot of lovely people but a lot of the talk went over my head although of course I could identify with many of the discussions. Still not convinced on the Higher Power or that we are allergic to alcohol, that said I am going to go back next week. Hugs to you all <:)>

Droopy10

Post by Droopy10 »

Hi everyone, day 3 for me. Not such a bad day yesterday ,went swimming with my daughter and had a good stretch although I have that niggling pain in my left leg again but it felt good to move around. We did go out yesterday evening and my OH enjoyed three small beers and a digestive at the end and smelt of booze for the rest of the evening which did not bother me but when he questioned me later on why I was moody I just said I was tired and went to bed but have been awake since 1 a.m partly due to his snoring !!
Other than that its another day and want to feel more lively \:)/ !

Hope all of you are well , Phunkychick I only started going back to aa meetings and have kept quiet,I too am still not sure of all this higher power but I do keep going as its a good way to see people or have a change of scenery .

phunkychick

Post by phunkychick »

Well done on day 3 Droopy, it's not easy but we can get there! (::) I have to admit I had a little giggle when you said that your OH asked why you were being moody... Mine does that all the time, he just doesn't get it :roll: I can also relate to the snoring lol. Like you am going to keep up the AA for a while as I'm not working at the moment so I also see it as a good way to get out of the house once my daughter has gone to school and meet up with people and at the same time any useful information I can pick up is always going to be useful to recovery and I guess you don't have to agree with everything that is said!

Space I've been getting those vivid dreams too, lets hope they pass soon!

Rose 13

Post by Rose 13 »

Hi all,
I am just day one so feel like i am at the start of a marathon but i am so ready for this! I need to do this.I think the weekend will be the toughest! Everyone going to the pub and i feel same as you Droopy10 my OH likes the beers at the weekend and it's tough sitting on the sofa watching them drink and the smell of beer is horrible when you not drinking!
fingers crossed and here we go!

phunkychick

Post by phunkychick »

Good luck Rose, you can do it! <:)>

WHY?

Post by WHY? »

Hi all,

Day 4. should be feeling good, but EAF is telling me I have done 3 days , so I can drink tonight as a reward. What warped thinking! Will keep plodding...

Space - good luck with everything, sounds as though you have a good support network around you, are you considering seeking help from other sources too?

Jay

Hydrate
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-2012

Post by Hydrate »

ChrisH - What an achievement to pour the rest away - well done! It would be so easy to have written the whole day off, but you didn't.

Stay strong.
Hydrate.
It's never too late to be who you might have been (George Eliot)

Droopy10

Post by Droopy10 »

There is an article in the Daily Mail today about what just drinking two glasses of wine can do to your looks in 10 years if anyone might be interested.

phunkychick

Post by phunkychick »

Don't do it Jay.... Just keep plodding along before you know it we will both be on the two week thread \:)/

KraftyKat
Last Drink Date: 28 Jun 2020

Post by KraftyKat »

joanneholdbrook wrote:well done everyone i am still sober and have decided as it was a slip i am going back on the 3 month thread after a bit of a battle with my brain as iv no intention to carry on drinking but wil still stay on here as well so i dont forget what a slip makes you feel like xxxx
Good for you Jo <:)> xx KK
One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time.
Nancy Astor

Cosmo7

Post by Cosmo7 »

Hi 7-dayers - I return to the 7 day challenge after not quite making it last week - I'm now on day 5 and this is the first day I am really struggling. I had a big challenge last weekend - 2 nights out with old drinking buddies and I got away with 2 drinks each night so at least I didnt' get battered and could look myself in the mirror on Sunday - but means i'm back here now. Oh well - just got to keep going I guess - Hope everyone having a good day.
xx

phunkychick

Post by phunkychick »

Wow am so happy just received a job offer which I have been waiting to hear about for a couple of weeks.... But guess what my first thought was? Yeah of course "Ooooh good news I can have a glass of vino to celebrate" just goes to show how this thing is so deeply ingrained in our heads! :x

Hydrate

Post by Hydrate »

Phunkychick - WELL DONE!!! \:)/ \:)/ \:)/

If you're anything like I (was) I'd have used not getting the job as an excuse too!

Take the good news for what it is, and consolidate it by chalking up another AF day.

phunkychick

Post by phunkychick »

Ha ha Hydrate yeah that would have been me too! Any old excuse would do to hit that white wine. So instead am just sitting here celebrating with a cup of green tea instead :)

Hydrate

Post by Hydrate »

This way your liver can celebrate with you, instead of putting in another hard shift!