Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

The First 7 Days

leslans

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by leslans » 26 Jul 2015 11:13

Hi Hedghog, thanks for the support. There are a lot of very familiar names around, some I know have succeeded before. Loopenval, good to see you again. I guess the positive thing is that despite the fact I fell off after 12 months, I know I can do it and I can do it again. You just have to want it. That as far as I am concerned is the major contribution towards success. You have just got to realise how deluded we all are. I drank. Bottle of wine last night, because I thought it would make me enjoy my evening more......it didn't. So day 1 it is and it really is 1 day at a time xx

Johnnyb
Last Drink Date: 29 Jun 2020
First Sober Date: 30 Jun 2020

Post by Johnnyb » 26 Jul 2015 14:52

Half way through day 3 now, loopinval good to know someone here on same day as me. Slept well last night and been nodding off all day which I take as a good sign that my body wants to get back to normal. --- every slip is a building block to achieve our goal.
YOU NEVER STOP FAILING UNTIL YOU STOP TRYING ----- Albert Einstein

tj_okay
Last Drink Date: 25 Dec 2017

Post by tj_okay » 26 Jul 2015 19:22

hi everyone,

mooths.. you can always tell em you can't drink cause you are on antibiotics.. metronidazole is an antibiotic you can't drink with, had it for a tooth absess before.

on day 7, feeling oddly flat . no sense of achievement or anything... just tired. but never mind.

too many people to call out everyone but ... if i can reach day 7 anyone can... i had really mixed feelings about giving up, drank so much it's going to take a month to dispose of all the empties still lying around. no sense of joy or achievement from getting this far... just know it may be now or never for me ... my life was crap with drink, ruined every part of it, it hasn't suddenly and magically got better but i know it will only carry on getting worse if i carry on drinking. i suppose i've changed my thinking from "i want/ need a drink" to " i don't want a drink i crave one". I AM powerless over drink but only after i have taken the first sip, the only point i have any power over this is BEFORE taking that first drink... i f i choose to take it i am choosing to go back to chronic drinking, maybe for months, maybe till i die of it. so i step in the only place i can... before taking that drink.

hoping i will feel a bit more upbeat later, emotions are a bit up and down as, i suppose , can be expected.

wishing you all health and happiness

peace
tj
Insert inspirational quote here....

soberfun

Post by soberfun » 26 Jul 2015 21:54

Well done TJ.
Day one for me ,succeeded.

Sammie
Last Drink Date: 26 Oct 2018

Post by Sammie » 26 Jul 2015 22:19

Evening peeps, 7 days done and dusted ;)?

Went out for dinner last night and yes I did have thoughts of drinking but I didn't do it, I had a jug of elderflower cordial with fresh mint, was lovely, went to the local pub after that and I had a few becks Blues. In all honesty the meal was fab and lovely, the pub was boring, boring, boring.
All packed for holiday, leaving tomorrow morning for three weeks :D , so when I get back I hope to catch up with you all on the two month thread (I think, does that make sense? If I've done a week and have 3 weeks of sober holiday when I get back I'll be on the 2 month thread?)

Good luck everyone and NEVER stop trying <:)> <:)>
Every storm runs out of rain.

tj_okay

Post by tj_okay » 26 Jul 2015 23:17

ok,didn't drink so day 7 done. was tempted but i'd told the guy in the shop that i'd given up so felt too ashamed to buy any. i feel a bit like i've cheated my way to day 7 by sleeping through several days and making it hard for myself to buy alcohol by telling the shop keeper id stopped. done it though so i guess it doesn't matter how.

thanks pjgirl, cya tomorrow on the two week thread

thanks soberfun... well done on day one... always tempting to have 'just one more day'

wd sammie, (::) cya on the whatever it will be thread when you get back, have a good holiday

good luck, health and happiness to you all

peace
tj

ChamomileTea
First Sober Date: 27 Dec 2017

Post by ChamomileTea » 26 Jul 2015 23:29

No such thing as cheating tj. You did it and that's that! \:)/

And yeah... Some of us feel like tearing the pom poms out, some of us don't. Even if you don't feel it yet, it's a really good achievement. Lots of healing to do though, so hang in there and your personal pom pom time will come!

tj_okay

Post by tj_okay » 27 Jul 2015 00:03

thankyou ct :D

Rose13
First Sober Date: 01 Jan 2019

Post by Rose13 » 27 Jul 2015 03:12

Well done TJ \:)/
I've had a couple of days drinking so back to day 1 again! It's 3am can't sleep and feel down :(
Thought I'd better get back on here!
I really want to stop but something in my brain (what's left of it) is stopping me.
I look and feel terrible ! My skin is awful and can't sleep.I hope I feel better tomorrow.

Beverley
Last Drink Date: 22 Jul 2010

Post by Beverley » 27 Jul 2015 03:48

Hi all. Rose 13 I can't sleep either! I am just back on here after 3 /12 years of looking after my OH through cancer and spending my time on the Macmillan forum etc . I am ashamed to say I carried on drinking through it all, not too badly (most of the time) but have just recuperated from a nasty week long bender. So here we go. :roll:
Every moment is a gift - that's why it's called the present

soberfun

Post by soberfun » 27 Jul 2015 08:26

Day 2 for me.
Well done Sammie and TJ on making the tweekers.
Sounds as though you have had a hard time of it Beverley. No wonder you struggled.
Hi Rose, let's hope we can get some sleep. I slept well last night, making up for previous one.
:\:

Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog » 27 Jul 2015 09:00

Hello to all 7-dayers, whatever day you are on.

Day 5 for me. :D
Breaking on through to the other side. \:)/

ang

Post by ang » 27 Jul 2015 09:08

Hi all
Well done to those who managed last week - great to see some of you moving on through.
I got to day 5 and then slipped - not major but have carried on for a couple of days . So need to put a big STOP to this.

Looking to sharing the week and tips to not just give in ...
Anyone else on day one?
Catch up later
Ang

Chiffon
Last Drink Date: 22 May 2016

Post by Chiffon » 27 Jul 2015 09:37

Stay with us on the 7 day Diane - you never know, something might 'click' for you before long :)

It's encouraging that you are still coming and posting - well done for that! x

Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog » 27 Jul 2015 10:38

Diane - first and foremost <:)> . If your target has changed and you are happy with something like 5 AF days and 2 drinking days, then you might want to consider joining the 'Personal Goals' thread. A great bunch of people over there who have similar targets. However, if you are wanting abstinence (even if only for the first 7 days), then please do stay here. ()o

Here's the link to the Personal Goals thread - http://www.brighteyecounselling.co.uk/a ... ?f=1&t=808

The decision, as they say, is yours! ;)?
Breaking on through to the other side. \:)/

AnotherHannah

Post by AnotherHannah » 27 Jul 2015 10:55

Hi folks!

I'm going for 7 days again - it's been too long since I've had a decent stint of AF days. Looking forward to progressing with you all! <:)>

Rose13

Post by Rose13 » 27 Jul 2015 13:15

Hi Diane,
I am the same, can't seem to get past a few days but trying to get to 7

Rose13

Post by Rose13 » 27 Jul 2015 13:19

Bev, I really feel for you. You've had a hard time of it. <:)>
Ang I'm on day 1 too!

dianenora

Post by dianenora » 27 Jul 2015 13:44

Hi I'm new to this don't know how it works just want talk to people struggling like I am

Clovis

Post by Clovis » 27 Jul 2015 15:57

Hi Dianenora

You've come to the right place. We are all facing the same struggle and we all understand! This forum is the best place to find help, advice, support, info, encouragement and peace of mind for anyone concerned about their drinking. Keep reading and posting! <:)>