Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

The First 7 Days

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 21 Apr 2019
First Sober Date: 22 Apr 2019

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by BizzyBee » 07 Feb 2019 20:53

Hi guys
Cliffe, I do hope you have some good sleep tonight. It makes such a difference. Sorry you're feeling so rough too but like you say, it's making you think you never want to go through this again so an incentive to stick with being AF. 4 days is brilliant so keep on keeping on <:)>
Essay, glad you've got through the day ok. And yes, I think I'd keep BE as my secret too ;)?
How's your day been Serend?
Hope everyone else is ok too.
X

essay

Post by essay » 07 Feb 2019 22:14

Safely and happily in bed, sober, looking forward to a tomorrow without the anxiety
Night night
xx
I am not giving up alcohol - I am gaining a hangover free, guilt free lifestyle

serend

Post by serend » 07 Feb 2019 23:40

Night everyone, busy day here again Bizzy :lol: An AF one though, and glad to hear yours was too Essay.
Shattered. See you all tomorrow, let the weekend begin! x
It's not inevitable whether we drink or not...we make the decision

Cliffe
First Sober Date: 04 Feb 2019

Post by Cliffe » 08 Feb 2019 07:52

Thanks, BizzyBee,

Yup, I had another early night and got over 5 hours sleep before I woke in the early hours. I also think I dreamt but I can't remember the details.

I'm not as tired, my head aches less and I had an appetite for my breakfast, possibly as I ate so little yesterday.

Day 5 will be like days 1-4: AF.

Thanks everyone for your support.
Every time I see him put the bottle to his mouth he don't suck out of it, it sucks out of him until he's shrunk so wrinkled and yellow even the dogs don't know him. - Ken Kesey.

serend

Post by serend » 08 Feb 2019 08:05

Morning everyone, day 3 (would be day 5 if not for Tuesdays half hour binge :roll:)
Feeling positive. Hope everyone stays poison free today..remember benefits to the body, mind and purse, theres no disadvantages! OH tried to pick a fight late last night (it was my fault the dog was barking!)...had the sober strength to completely ignore, no arguments, no upset. Feeling happy about this...its the small things eh! Am sure relationship wouldn't be in the mess its in if there was no alcohol. Or maybe I'm just making excuses, who knows.
I'm not generally a TV watcher but hope to use 'drinking time' to watch some Netflix this weekend. Been so busy need some sit down time and need to re-learn that sitting down doesn't necessarily mean pouring a drink.
Sending some cheery and positives vibes for a sober Friday all xxx

serend

Post by serend » 08 Feb 2019 08:08

Cliffe wrote:
08 Feb 2019 07:52
Thanks, BizzyBee,

Yup, I had another early night and got over 5 hours sleep before I woke in the early hours. I also think I dreamt but I can't remember the details.

I'm not as tired, my head aches less and I had an appetite for my breakfast, possibly as I ate so little yesterday.

Day 5 will be like days 1-4: AF.

Thanks everyone for your support.
Good to hear Cliffe. Its so difficult when you miss out on sleep - so good to see its improving. Day 5-6 you will feel so much better. Are you active today? Maybe a walk (although it's miserable weather here), I always think getting outside helps. plenty of water and some fresh air, have a good day :)

essay

Post by essay » 08 Feb 2019 09:24

Good morning all :\:
I had a lovely sleep - I'm lucky that as a rule, as long as I don't drink I sleep pretty well - it's the getting up in the morning that challenges me! Like you Serend, we've got a windy rainy miserable day (which means the cat needs to go out but he doesn't want to get wet, so he charges round the house like a demented Exocet!).
Cliffe - you're so right - just keep doing what you've been doing ..
Going to take my own advice today and take some more steps towards my happy ..
See you all later
xx

essay

Post by essay » 08 Feb 2019 19:01

Only another hour until it's too late to start drinking (in my head)
xx

Cliffe

Post by Cliffe » 08 Feb 2019 20:40

Good stuff, Essay.

My safe point is brushing my teeth. Which I've done. So that's 5 AF days.
Every time I see him put the bottle to his mouth he don't suck out of it, it sucks out of him until he's shrunk so wrinkled and yellow even the dogs don't know him. - Ken Kesey.

Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Post by Spats » 09 Feb 2019 08:06

Good Idea cliffe - fresh taste will take away thoughts of polluting your mouth with toxins ;)?

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 21 Apr 2019
First Sober Date: 22 Apr 2019

Post by BizzyBee » 09 Feb 2019 08:09

Morning everyone
Good to see everyone is still pushing on. I nearly gave in last night but just got through it. Feeling relieved this morning.
Am up doing some of the "online training" I need to do for work. I was on the naughty list yesterday as one of the employees that had lots outstanding. Named and shamed in a meeting apparently!! I wouldn't mind but they say that we should have time to do it whilst at work which just never happens!! If we're on nights then yes, but I've been on days for ages. Anyway, moan over!
Got lots to do for the rest of the day too so will hopefully get through.
Hope you all have a good Saturday.
X

serend

Post by serend » 09 Feb 2019 08:20

Morning well done guys, day 4 here, day 12 overall, keep going !!! xx

essay

Post by essay » 09 Feb 2019 09:58

Good morning Seveners :\:
Another sober Saturday, after a really lovely fright free Friday - sometimes just waking up feeling so good is the best reward - the other bits and benefits of not drinking are bonuses.
Day 3 but also my sixth AF weekend this year \:)/ \:)/
Have a great day everyone - speak later
xx

na
Last Drink Date: 07 Sep 2018

Post by na » 09 Feb 2019 10:27

Morning all,
never thought I'd see myself struggling on day one again (w) on a positive note, this time I will know so much more and will never touch a drink again because I dipped my toe in the pond and have nearly drowned again.
Last drink date:
Friday 8th February 2019

Na x
Change is always possible - anytime, at any moment

Cliffe

Post by Cliffe » 09 Feb 2019 12:59

Thanks, Spats. I can't remember ever drinking after I've brushed my teeth so I know I'm safe at that point.

Serend, your advice of getting out for a walk is excellent. The weather was too bad yesterday and will be today but we've made plans to get outside tomorrow morning.

I haven't really had the energy the last few days, anyway, but it's now day 6. I'm still quite tired and can't shift this headache but I slept longer last night and I dreamt. I'm definitely over the worst of the withdrawal symptoms.

Saturday afternoons are usually drinking ale at my rugby club or my local pub. Saturday evenings are usually drinking wine. This afternoon, I'll stay in and watch the 6 Nations with AF-beer and I'll stick to AF-beer this evening too.

essay

Post by essay » 09 Feb 2019 23:25

As I am about to go to sleep on my third AF day, I am pleased to report that nothing could induce me to swap my current contentment for a glass of wine ... long may it continue

Night night
xx

Boxer

Post by Boxer » 10 Feb 2019 07:39

Well here I am again. Day one. Over the last fortnight I have drank just about every other day. Felt really alone with this addiction and couldn’t even reach out to this site. Just felt such a failure. Now my body is rebelling from the over drinking. I have woken up with a bad tummy, a headache and feel sick. I went down stairs to let the dog out and saw the empty bottles. The evidence of a night that I can barely remember. OH was drinking along with me but I can’t blame him. This is solely my responsibility. I have to accept my OH is not going to stop. I was trying to diet as well and it all just failed. I need to lose weight but failed at that too. I guess I just needed to write this down, read it back and own what I’ve done. I’m going to post this and try my hardest to get back on track. This seven day thread has helped me loads in the past. I need to keep posting. X

martha

Post by martha » 10 Feb 2019 09:14

Flobie wrote:
10 Feb 2019 07:39
Well here I am again. Day one. Over the last fortnight I have drank just about every other day. Felt really alone with this addiction and couldn’t even reach out to this site. Just felt such a failure. Now my body is rebelling from the over drinking. I have woken up with a bad tummy, a headache and feel sick. I went down stairs to let the dog out and saw the empty bottles. The evidence of a night that I can barely remember. OH was drinking along with me but I can’t blame him. This is solely my responsibility. I have to accept my OH is not going to stop. I was trying to diet as well and it all just failed. I need to lose weight but failed at that too. I guess I just needed to write this down, read it back and own what I’ve done. I’m going to post this and try my hardest to get back on track. This seven day thread has helped me loads in the past. I need to keep posting. X
Welcome back, Flobie <:)> You're not a failure and the important thing is that you are here. And yes you need to keep posting! Could you leave the dieting part until you've got a bit of AF time established? I think it's difficult to tackle 2 big things at the same time. If you tacke the diet on its own you're going to be consuming loads of empty alcohol calories and then probably not making good food choices either. One step at a time!
Waiting for bunnies to appear in the fields.

Boxer

Post by Boxer » 10 Feb 2019 09:37

Martha. Thank you so much for your kind words and advice. I think you’re right about the dieting. One thing at a time and stopping alcohol is the most important at the moment. I think I’ll be taking today a hour at a time. X

essay

Post by essay » 10 Feb 2019 10:59

Flobie wrote:
10 Feb 2019 07:39
Well here I am again. I guess I just needed to write this down, read it back and own what I’ve done. I’m going to post this and try my hardest to get back on track. This seven day thread has helped me loads in the past. I need to keep posting. X
Good morning Flobie

Sorry to hear how things have gone, but I have edited your post to only state what is important.
You are here, you can do this and we are all here for you - as you have been for us <:)>

Hour by hour, day by day you will get back to being you by staying sober - then you can look at the other stuff.

Post every hour if you want to today - it's pretty miserable outside so there will be a few of us around
<:)> <:)>