The First 7 Days

Kokoda
First Sober Date: 10 Jan 2022

Re: The First 7 Days

Post by Kokoda »

Hi Everyone,

Hi Katey and Krafty :\:

Day 2 and feeling a lot better and more positive than yesterday.

Have a great sleep/day, sending you all hugs <:)> <:)>

Vic x
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

http://www.buddhist-temples.com/buddhism-facts/buddhist-quote.html

xxxkateyxxx
Last Drink Date: 20 Apr 2020

Post by xxxkateyxxx »

Good morning seveners :\:
Day 3 for me, feeling a bit less anxious and slept better last night. I've given up caffeine for now as well as I don't think in the long run it was helping with anxiety and sleep. I'm also 12 weeks into surgical menopause which is really tough so I've got an appointment to see a nurse about hrt next week. I'm really trying my best to look after myself. Big hugs to you all <:)> and thanks for reading.

Happypumpkin
First Sober Date: 02 Jan 2018

Post by Happypumpkin »

Kokoda wrote:
10 Jan 2022 23:23
Hi Everyone,

Hi Katey and Krafty :\:

Day 2 and feeling a lot better and more positive than yesterday.

Have a great sleep/day, sending you all hugs <:)> <:)>

Vic x
Way to go Vic \:)/ <:)>

Kokoda

Post by Kokoda »

Thanks Happy <:)> <:)>

Katey, that's really tough on you. Hope you've recovered at least physically from your op <:)>
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

xxxkateyxxx

Post by xxxkateyxxx »

Thanks Happy ;)? I have thank you Kokoda <:)> physically I feel amazing and I'm working with that to help my mental health. I've taken my dogs on a nice walk which I couldn't do before. I'm lucky to be here after my last rush to hospital just before the hysterectomy so why do I ruin my mental health with drink, seems like madness!!!

Happypumpkin
First Sober Date: 02 Jan 2018

Post by Happypumpkin »

xxxkateyxxx wrote:
11 Jan 2022 13:44
Thanks Happy ;)? I have thank you Kokoda <:)> physically I feel amazing and I'm working with that to help my mental health. I've taken my dogs on a nice walk which I couldn't do before. I'm lucky to be here after my last rush to hospital just before the hysterectomy so why do I ruin my mental health with drink, seems like madness!!!
Hi Katey, you may find that your anxiety & insomnia resolve after starting HRT. An awful lot of women are put on antidepressants for mental health issues when, in actual fact, they are having menopausal symptoms. I am probably perimenopausal myself (I'm of that age :?) but I haven't noticed any symptoms, probably due to the fact that I have had an alcohol to blood ratio of 60% for the last 10 years :lol:
Why couldn't I be addicted to housework :roll:

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Well done Vic ;)? And you too Katey ;)? Hope you are ok KrazyKat? ;)?

Jake.
Last Drink Date: 26 Jan 2022
First Sober Date: 27 Jan 2022

Post by Jake. »

Day 2/100

After drinking 2 litres of spirits during a long weekend i have literally been dieing. With constant diarrhoea, vomiting, and panic inducing anxiety. I’m rejoining up with CGL tomorrow and i have a DWP interview. I am going to go to more meetings. I was doing so well, 57 days and i crumbled.

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

Hi Jake.
Great to see you back: we both know the drill 👍
Steve.
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom”
Viktor E. Frankl.

Jake.

Post by Jake. »

Thanks Steve x hope you’re well

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

I’m ok (been better: been worse😁)
57 AF days is fantastic money in the bank 👍
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom”
Viktor E. Frankl.

Jake.

Post by Jake. »

Wow. That’s gone quickly! Well done

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

I was praising your 57 👍
My money in bank was 40 just before Christmas
I’m only on 10 here now
Viktor E. Frankl.

Kokoda

Post by Kokoda »

Hi Everyone <:)>

Day 3.

I know my mental health has been worse since the perimenopausal and menopause years, hopefully I am slowly coming out of that and you will too Katey <:)>

Hey Jake, hope you're feeling a bit better now, 57 days was a really good effort \:)/

Anyway, hope you all have a nice day, feeling very tired and not much energy so I'll catch up with you all tomorrow <:)>

xxxkateyxxx

Post by xxxkateyxxx »

Thank you Happy, Swordie and Kokoda <:)> I'm hoping that these things improve when I get hrt. I need to tell myself that I've been through alot these past few years and it's time to get even better. Have a lovely day seveners <:)> Day 4 for me!!!

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Hi Everyone
Just wanted to send my support to you Jake <:)> That must have hit you hard being so ill afterwards as well. Good luck with your appointments, I hope you get what you want/need. I know you can do this, you’ve done so well in the past and you can do it again.

Yes I do wonder if some of my difficulties over the last few years have been due to peri/menopause. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, as is HRT! There is a Women's Health topic if anyone would like to discuss in more detail? Although I do think we need to get it out in the open a bit more, it’s not something to be hidden away and the effect it can have on women is shocking. It can be so dehabilitating and it’s effect is underestimated or ignored in the main.

Well done on getting to day 4 Katey! Dog walks sound lovely! You must be on day 4 as well by now Vic? Take good care both of you. Hi Happy ;)? catch up with you soon and you too VM.

I’m also impressed at zapping of spam! Thank you for looking after us, Moderators!

Jake.

Post by Jake. »

Thank you for your kind words, Swordie x

xxxkateyxxx

Post by xxxkateyxxx »

Day 5
I hope you are all doing well seveners ;)?

Jake.

Post by Jake. »

Good morning

Day 3 x

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Hi Peeps
Hope you’re all doing ok Jake, Katey, KrazyKat, Vic (day 6 now?) and anyone else starting out. Well done to all on another day of sobriety completed \:)/ \:)/ \:)/