Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Two Week Challenge

Weisir

Re: Two Week Challenge

Post by Weisir » 28 Jan 2015 09:31

Day 8 dawning.
Never thought I'd see this place.
The Sun / Is Free

A sort of blog: Oenochoai.com/road
Doing a diary there now during my stay at a detox place.

Kentish Jay
Last Drink Date: 25 Jun 2015

Post by Kentish Jay » 28 Jan 2015 22:45

Well done Weisir, keep up the good work.
Day 10 finished, been for a run and feel bloody knackered!

On a slightly different note, I've been offered group sessions with my local NHS support group, but I'm not really getting much in the way of cravings at the moment. Has anyone got an opinion on group therapy, I'm not really one to share things to a group (BE is anonymous, so I feel more at ease sharing here), so was unsure whether to go or not.

good luck everyone

Jay

wannabenormal
Last Drink Date: 04 Jan 2015

Post by wannabenormal » 28 Jan 2015 22:58

Weisir wrote:Day 8 dawning.
Never thought I'd see this place.
Good work Weisir remember no fungus waste; it just doesn't do it - made a nice corner for you in the 3 weeker :lol:

Jay - why not go noncommittally - see if it suits or not? -
I don't know the details on how they are run? but normally one is not obliged to bare one's soul or even say anymore than they feel comfortable with - so just a thought - maybe pick up stuff from others ?? no-one is an island as the wise say. Go with your gut feeling so to speak - if its uncomfortable then leave and put it down to experience
You can only Taper once : Second time around your body knows what you are up to.
What doesn't kill you: only makes you strong .
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy

Weisir

Post by Weisir » 29 Jan 2015 00:46

No fungi pee, aight, yes sir Wings sir. :mrgreen:

Jay, I too was offered group sessions. I think mostly because just going to the head guy wasn't getting me anywhere. It's just I don't... talk. About... stuff. To, well, people.
I'm still not sure I should have said no, but the thought scared the shit out of me.
I also feel more comfortable here. (and of course no surprise, one of the conclusions of my sessions is that the not talking part is a big piece of my problem)
So maybe give it a shot?

Way to go on the run!
;)?
The Sun / Is Free

Hobbes
Last Drink Date: 28 May 2015

Post by Hobbes » 29 Jan 2015 09:08

Hello to everyone on the Two Week Challenge

Day 10 for me. Not been further than this.

It has been quite difficult over the last two days though. Went into quite a depression from absolutely nowhere on Tuesday evening and managed to avoid drink, and was quite proud of myself and thought that Wednesday would be a brighter day. It wasn't. I woke up still very depressed and quite tearful all day at work. I rushed home, got something to eat and went straight to bed. I feel a bit better today and I have a day off, so I can get a bit of exercise and plenty of rest.

We march on.

Wishing everyone well.
Speak soon
Hobbes

Weisir

Post by Weisir » 29 Jan 2015 19:19

Congrats, Hobbes!
Good work, that. Winning the worst days, that's a real feat.
;)?
The Sun / Is Free

Kentish Jay

Post by Kentish Jay » 29 Jan 2015 22:51

Hobbes, well done. I've had many days like that and they suck.
Day 11 has been good, now off to bed to read my book.

Tomorrow is Friday, always the worst day of the week. But get through it and the rest of the weekend is a doddle.

Hobbes

Post by Hobbes » 30 Jan 2015 07:15

Hi to Weisir and Kentish Jay and thanks for your support. It certainly does feel an achievement to get past some difficult days.

On to Day 11 - completely new territory for me! :o

Hope you both have a good day
Hobbes

Shadowlad
Last Drink Date: 28 Dec 2012

Post by Shadowlad » 30 Jan 2015 16:01

Hi PB :)

So glad you are feeling better than where you were a week ago <:)>

Don't worry about your colleagues, you and your health and well being is the most important thing here :)

xx
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Dennis P. Kimbro

Kentish Jay

Post by Kentish Jay » 30 Jan 2015 21:17

Great work everyone, well done.

Managed to get through the dreaded Friday, just sat down with an AF beer and going to watch a film with Mrs. Kentish.

Day 12, job done. Feels nice to get a decent amount of AF time under my belt, as PB said, its amazing how much happens in a week.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Jay

Clovis

Post by Clovis » 30 Jan 2015 22:38

Kentish Jay, PB, Shadowlad and everyone else- well done! (::)

Hobbes

Post by Hobbes » 31 Jan 2015 07:49

Hi

Well done Kentish Jay (::) Fridays are a real bugger sometimes. Hello to PB

Day 12 for me and itching like mad.

martint235
Last Drink Date: 28 Dec 2019

Post by martint235 » 31 Jan 2015 08:17

Yay!!! For the first time in a number of attempts I've made it out of the 7 day challenge!!! Day 8 for me!
Whenever you feel yourself being pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: "Not my circus, Not my monkeys"

Weisir

Post by Weisir » 31 Jan 2015 11:34

*Shamefacedly takes hat and leaves*
The Sun / Is Free

Kentish Jay

Post by Kentish Jay » 31 Jan 2015 22:57

Thanks hobbes. Sorry to hear that weisir. But, you know the drill, get back on the horse and start again.
Day 13 has been good, have been out to the cinema and now tucked up in bed.

Best of luck everyone,

Jay

Kentish Jay

Post by Kentish Jay » 01 Feb 2015 18:48

Day 14 finito and now over to the three weekers.

jay

Hobbes

Post by Hobbes » 01 Feb 2015 21:20

Congratulations Kentish Jay (::) for making it to the 3 week challenge. Hope to join you there on Tuesday.

martint235
Last Drink Date: 28 Dec 2019

Post by martint235 » 02 Feb 2015 12:30

Day 10 today and I feel like I'm finally settling into things. Sleep is returning to normal but not quite the way it should be yet. The middle of the night anxieties seem to have gone so I'm heading in the right direction.

Having a couple of thoughts about drinking but so far resisting. I can still remember the last hangover which helps, it's when that memory fades that it will become difficult. This week at work is going to be hard and frustrating but I also go on call for a week from tomorrow so can't drink anyway which should help.

Be lucky everyone.
Whenever you feel yourself being pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: "Not my circus, Not my monkeys"

Hobbes

Post by Hobbes » 02 Feb 2015 19:00

Day 14 for me and have to say goodbye to this thread as I will be off to the Three Week tomorrow.

As it is very quiet on this thread can I give myself one of these (::) as I can't quite believe it.

Congratulations Martint235 on Day 10 ;)? (::) Hope to see you again in the Three Weeker - although it is very quiet there as well. Some folk have gone straight over to the Four Weeks for some company.

Byeeee
Wishing everyone well

Zandra 1
Last Drink Date: 03 Jan 2015

Post by Zandra 1 » 06 Feb 2015 15:30

Hi PJG xxx \:)/ ( Hello to you too PB xx) I see your on 'the 'Ghost town' thread again PJG, ;)? well done but wot a piss orf that your here alone like a rolling stone (i feel a song coming on said Bob Dylan ;) )funny enough i did look in here a few times. But there was no one around but this place is the Halleluiah!! or f**king hell! point. Because we all either keep going onwards and upwards from here in or just passing through on the way back to the seven dayer again.

But either way its all good i believe as t least if your determined enough to keep trying for a week break then your eventually gonna smash it and keep climbing, But the obvious choice is to go up and keep climbing, but persistence is God ;)?

Great to see you not too far behind now chick and we'll eventually all be on the same thread when it hits two or more months, and I'm very glad after you got so disillusioned that it was too hard to try once again proved yourself wrong. BUT i would make sure that you got no booze at home or go to anyone's home where there is drink thats lethal early on in abstinence..

It gets me EVERY TIME...some one elses home as i keep mine AF and if people want to drink then they can go to the pub. As that was yet another downfall. allowing others to drink in my home when i was AF, it was okay for a short time then i ended up worse each time. Honesty really is the best policy now with our selves and other people in order to protect our sobriety as our lives and happiness are all hanging on it and its far too precocious to give away for the sake of others who would never do it for us or anyone else.

Love Zandra xxx <:)> <:)> <:)>
Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens.
Epictetus

All philosophy in two words, — sustain and abstain.
Epictetus

Born to rock and roll
not roll rock bottom
by Zandra