Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Two Week Challenge

Hedgehog

Re: Two Week Challenge

Post by Hedgehog » 26 Jul 2015 11:14

Hiya chicks who rock. \:)/ \:)/

PJ-Girl - I've got Jason Vale's Juice Master book. It's got 100 juice/smoothie recipes, although I must admit some of them are very similar.

Yesterday I had apples, carrots with a pinch of cinnamon. Yum. Today was apple, lemon, ginger, beetroot, celery and carrot. He does a good mix of healthy 'green' ones with fruity 'sweet' ones. Tomorrow it's pineapple and pears. There's also a few 'naughty' ones at the back. One has chocolate in it which I haven't tried yet. They're just so delicious and a great start to the day. Much better than a fry-up. :D

Check out his website for some good ideas. http://www.juicemaster.com/recipes/juices

Hope today is a smooth Sunday for us all (see what I did there?). :lol:
Breaking on through to the other side. \:)/

ChamomileTea
First Sober Date: 27 Dec 2017

Post by ChamomileTea » 26 Jul 2015 20:02

Oooh, great tip about the shower head PJG. We have very hard water here so it might be worth a go! Whenever I go to a soft water area I get totally freaked by the humungous amount of bubbles that you get! Definitely going to get myself a showerhead. My current one is ok, but it's quite old now so oooh. I'm a bit excited!!

Other than that, I feel really pretty awful today. I've had 2 fantastic 12-hour-sleep nights but I still feel so so tired, and I think I'm coming down with a cold. That or just a bit more punishment for drinking the other week.

Made a chilli con carne today. I love those mini bottles of skanky wine!! They are the best!!! A £1.99 Merlot gave my chilli its nice rich red colour. I love the idea of having half a bottle of wine on a Sunday while cooking, but I know it's been yeaaaars since I've done that and not gone straight back out for another bottle (or two), before trying to salvage the food at about midnight then passing out. So I guess it's passed into the realm of "things that sound nice but actually aren't for me", and I'm ok with that.

That said, I'm probably going to go and have a nice little nap now. Bit of a waste of a weekend sleeping all the time, but I guess I need it. Yawn.

Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog » 26 Jul 2015 20:41

PJ-Girl- your hands went black???!!! That sounds dodgy. :? I am partial to the sweet ones, love the strawberry smoothie. One thing I wanted to ask you about is frozen bananas. I've never done/seen that. Do you freeze bananas yourself, or buy them frozen? Curious. :)

CT - I'm exactly the same with cooking. If we decide to make something together, we usually drink while we're chopping/preparing/making it. By the time it's ready, we've drunk too much and eat crisps instead. If we're sober enough to put the food away before collapsing into bed, we tend to eat it the next day at lunchtime (or the following evening afternoon 'with a glass' ... :roll: ). It's something we are learning we CANNOT do together because it invariably involves wine. Sad because it is a nice thing to do as a couple. Maybe we'll introduce it once we've been sober for a good while.

As for sleeping, I've done two 12-hour sleeps this weekend. Lovely. And an afternoon nap today. I think there's no such thing as too much sleep. :D

Will read the blog tomorrow - I'm off to bed for more sleep... :lol:

Dramaqueen

Post by Dramaqueen » 26 Jul 2015 22:29

Hi All

Day 10

Been at my Mums today out for lunch etc....then back home passed the day nicely. Now in PJS hot choc in hand and ready for bed....

Thanks CT, PJ & Hedge....thought I'd answer to you all at once :-)

My brainfog funk feels like I am here but with an elastic band round my head, preventing any clear thinking....clearly my last drunkathon may still be sloshing amongst my brain cells, or whats left of them !!!! However managing to watch catch up tv and eating junk mostly at the moment, but all these delish smoothis you girls are talking about may get me off my lazy ass to the shops and try and be a bit more healthy from tomorrow. I too am taking supplements to improve my cognitive wotsits, so here's hoping, cant make it any worse anyway (she says hopefully). CT especially loved your post about family approval - I guess I expect trumpet fanfares confetti and loud hurrahs when I get to a week. I do have some relatively (to me anyway) painful family problems to resolve but for now keeping the EAF at bay is my no. 1. I guess the rest will follow at some stage.

I love this forum, I feel validated and supported like nowhere else.

Hope everyone has had a good day. Goodnight, sleep tight and keep safe xxxx

Sammie
Last Drink Date: 26 Oct 2018

Post by Sammie » 27 Jul 2015 08:49

Morning, made it to day 8 ;)?

Am running round like a headless chicken this morning doing the last minute things before holiday today :roll:
Will be away for three weeks, so will see you all on the monthlies when I get back.

Stay strong and drink smoothies <:)> <:)>
Every storm runs out of rain.

Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog » 27 Jul 2015 09:10

PJ-Girl - oooooh, I might try that with bananas. I often chuck them when they've gone past their best. Thanks ;)? I'm on day 5 today and this first week is going reeaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllly sllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwllllllllllllly. Perhaps because I'm cavorting around in the 2-week thread with you lot?! I've a feeling that when I finally arrive here, you'll all be mooching on to the next thread. :lol:

The blog you posted was good stuff - funny and serious at the same time.

Well done Sammie and have a great time away. (::)

Sending groovy rock-chick vibes to you all - CT, PJ-G, DQ and Sammie. And anyone else peeking in. \:)/ \:)/

*prays I haven't missed anyone*

tj_okay
Last Drink Date: 25 Dec 2017

Post by tj_okay » 27 Jul 2015 09:51

hello there! :\:

well i made it, not sure how.

tired, as i didn't sleep again . probably have to go to sleep in a bit.

catch up with all you two weekers later

peace
tj
Insert inspirational quote here....

Tired Trying
Last Drink Date: 15 Jul 2018
First Sober Date: 16 Jul 2018

Post by Tired Trying » 27 Jul 2015 10:56

Hi All

I haven't posted in the 7 day thread as I have done more times than I care to remember, so I have been checking in every day but not posting as I wanted to get to day 8. Was getting despondent falling at day 3/4/5 and disappearing into the ether. :(

Like you TJ, I still feel like sh*t, woke up knackered and feel like I have a head cold (might do anyways).

So, I am back in mind, if not in body yet. For once, I don't even have the urge to drink atm, long may it continue.

Going for a wee read about and see what you have all been up to...and change my last drink date.

Joyx
Shoulder to the wind.

Dramaqueen

Post by Dramaqueen » 27 Jul 2015 19:31

Hello ToT, well done on 8 days, it's hard isnt it......I am on day 11 and whilst I feel a lot better than I did 11 days ago it
does take its toll.

I am still hanging in there all you lovely ladies, have been feeling a bit low, low low today but thats more to do with other circumstances going on. Just about to have cauliflower cheese a nice cup of tea and watch some junk tv.

I am feeling better physically though the brainfunk still seems to want to hang on lol....but a little lonely. The bf works away till Friday and have kind of hermitised myself which not good, but going to try and get out more tom.

Hope you all have had a good AF day. Onward upwards and confetti and hurrahs to us all :-)

Cant get my smilies to work...anyone give a technophobe advice on how they work lol

Have a good evening all, Good luck and keep smiling xxx

ChamomileTea

Post by ChamomileTea » 27 Jul 2015 20:06

Heyyyy

Not much to say for myself today. I have the "I got got drunk recently" horrible head cold too. I seem to remember that it lasts quite a long time *sniffle* sorry guys....
It gets better gradually though. I remember one week I spent £12 on boxes of tissues and I was like "nooooo! This can't go on!!!".

I was sooooo tired this morning. Planned to get up at 7.30 but woke up at 9.30 curled up snuggling my phone. Must have turned my alarm off in my sleep. Thank goodness my work are not into attendance (so long as you get the work done). I worked from home for a couple of hours then went in when my laptop battery died. Then had a fantastic day in terms of productivity.

Got home, and wrote a reference for my friend who has just landed a cool new job. Good deed for the day. He wants to buy me a pint at the weekend when I've visiting my family - awkward :/ I'd love to see him but I can't quite figure out the idea of sitting in a pub sober. He's a really great guy, but he used to be a big time drinking buddy. We live in different parts of the country now, and he's become a fairly sober devoted dad. But when we meet up we always drink horrendous amounts of Guinness. I always loved that he could match me drink for drink until we were kicked out. But he's not "just" a drinking buddy -- he's a genuinely amazing person who I've known since I was 11.
Gosh, is difficult. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. A good drunk night out with him is worth the pain.

Arrrgh!

I have a few days to decide at least. My options are:
- Tell him the truth beforehand -- he would understand
- Drink

Downsides of drinking: 7 day hangover. Reset of all the sober days. Staying with my family so will have to explain myself to them beforehand. No tolerance anymore so might act like an idiot. Further liver damage

Actually, I could live with most of that but liver damage swings it. I was told in hospital that I really mustn't drink alcohol anymore as I have "some damage". My last horrible binge left me with a yellowness to the whites of my eyes the day after, which is really scary and hasn't happened before. There we go. It's a winner :-) No booze for me.

Big grats and \:)/ \:)/ to Sammie and tj_okay TT and moving in today! Are we all ladies here? Might have to have some catfights and err, synchronisation.

ChamomileTea

Post by ChamomileTea » 27 Jul 2015 22:42

Yeah. You might be right. I'm not sure.

I can put a stop to this by telling him that I don't drink anymore -- cos then he'd be like "whooaaa!" if I went to order alcohol. But there's a big part of me that wants to say nothing and go "oh, it's ok to get drunk with a friend on a Saturday night". Of course, it IS ok for most people. And it's maybe alright for people with liver damage to have a couple of units -- but don't worry, I do KNOW (for an absolute cast iron immutable fact) that there is no such thing as "a couple" for me. Unless it's a couple of bottles of vodka.

Tired Trying

Post by Tired Trying » 28 Jul 2015 18:36

Hi CT, I have a friend who has been p/ming me on facebook and I haven't replied yet as she seems to only contact when she feels like going on a bender and I was chief partner in crime.

Not sure how I am going to approach this either as we don't go back too long and there is a part of me that wants to break off from her as she is bad tempered with a good drink in her (it doesn't take much for her to get plastered as she is only a size 6 and I am more a size 16).

It sounds like your mate may understand quite well and if they have settled down may be more than happy to not drink when you go out, possibly?
Shoulder to the wind.

tj_okay
Last Drink Date: 25 Dec 2017

Post by tj_okay » 28 Jul 2015 20:07

slept all day again, woke up at 7pm.
getting sick of this
i'm aware there is a bit of me deep down planning to drink tonight, i've made it hard by telling the guy in the shop i've given up so it will be a mile and a half walk to the allnight shop...
i really want to drink tonight
gonna try and get through it by telling myself that if i still feel like this tomorrow i can drink.. then deal with tomorrow when it comes
i don't know if i will make it, sorry guys, gonna try my best

tj
Insert inspirational quote here....

ChamomileTea

Post by ChamomileTea » 28 Jul 2015 20:14

It's possible. Some memories are coming back to me now of him behaving quite badly when drunk -- I'm not sure I could stand that. Of course, it pales in comparison to how badly I've behaved sometimes.

I'm not sure. I don't really feel strong enough to find out that someone I considered a friend is just a drinking buddy, so maybe it's just not worth the risk. I only said I *might* be available so I can always be unavailable without any offence being caused.

I'm still undecided! Wish I hadn't got myself into this mess -- wish I could just go out and have a few drinks like a normal person. Bleh.

I'll let you know if I have any epiphanies TT!! Though in your case, she doesn't sound like a great person to be around. I guess it depends if you think there's a friendship there worth saving.

Alrightish day at work today. Not great to be honest. Nothing specific, just... bleh.

I'm gonna eat and watch some crazy terrorists on Homeland. It could be worse!!!

Tired Trying

Post by Tired Trying » 28 Jul 2015 20:31

Hold on in there TJ-okay, think we are all feeling a bit shitty at the moment.

Like you said, give yourself permission to drink tomorrow...let's see what that brings <:)> Go on to wobble thread if need be, it helped me once just having people who kept chatting until the feelings passed.

CT, I sometimes feel people just want to be with me because it's me that's the big drinker and always tend to end up with crazy dames who go a bit loopy when their drunk (I just get drunk till I fall down, I don't fall out with people thank goodness). The last time I was out with the person who is messaging me she got into a drunken argument with 5 Asian guys and I was concerned for her (and mine) safety. We're talking about middle aged women here not young girls either!!

Just went into co-op and bought some ginger tea, some hot chocolate and a family sized tiramasu which I have already ate 1/3 of :roll: anything to stay away from the wine.
Shoulder to the wind.

Dramaqueen

Post by Dramaqueen » 28 Jul 2015 21:15

Day 12

Hello all,

What a minger of a day, so gigantically p'd off with myself....fab plans for an industrious day ended with catch up TV - AGAIN I hear you all say - cheese sandwiches & a microwave dinner. Square eyes and too much cheese, oh well, sigh tomorrow is another day. Going to try and lose the remote for at least a day

PJG - Yes I did read the drunky drunk blog well not all but going to continue with it...very interesting to read sad, funny and so true with a lot of things. Yep and only 500 odd days to go.....................:)

TJ - Be kind to yourself and I think its a great thing to give yourself permission and space to breathe till tomorrow and then decide.

TT, so restrained....I would have eaten the lot by now lol

CT I have so many cringeworthy badly behaved drinking times that I have to put them to the back of my mind, cant change them, wish I could. Hope you have a nice time with your friend whatever you decide.

To all my fellow travellers, hope your day has been ok. One more trudge in the way I hope to continue to go.

Wishing us all well. Night all. sleep well , DQ x

Clovis

Post by Clovis » 29 Jul 2015 14:32

What's a no poo regime?? :D :D

Tired Trying

Post by Tired Trying » 29 Jul 2015 15:04

Afternoon all, just getting a break, been working from 9am. still feeling sluggish in the morning, can't wait till I bounce up bright eyed and bushy tailed (miss that feeling more than booze at the mo).

Yes, Clovis, I was wondering about no poo too until I realised it was sham poo, not poo poo! :D

PJ, yer a nutter but a lovely nutter at that!! keeping me laughing here. :lol:

Hope your ok TJ...holler if you want to, I am ok just now with cravings but know how bad it can get. <:)>

Joy
Shoulder to the wind.

Dramaqueen

Post by Dramaqueen » 29 Jul 2015 17:41

Day 12

Hello my lovely fellow BE'rs,

Today has been a better day.....tidying up flat for Bfs return on Friday. Saw a counsellor this afternoon and feeling a bit more positive.
Off to my Mum's tonight to spend a couple of days as my Auntie is visiting from Scotland. May be able to get on here but a bit hit and miss with connection. Will be back on Friday night.

I feel a bit nervous for some reason.....my Mum is in the early stages of dementia/alz and I never know who I am going to see. It's all a bit difficult but I have to go. She has hospital appt and no-one else to take he.

Anyway, soe stuff to finish then be on my way.

Wish everybody an AF free rest of the week.

Hope all goes well for you all and look forward to getting back to my sanctuary on Fri.

Keep safe & night night x

ChamomileTea

Post by ChamomileTea » 29 Jul 2015 19:22

Hope it goes well and you have a nice visit DQ. I think there are a couple of other members in similar situations -- it sounds very hard. Kudos to you for looking after her :)

I have been wondering about "no poo"!!!! Nice one TT, you're smart! Someone even made a "not even real poo?" joke in the office the other week, and I still didn't get it.

Lol baking powder. Oh dear.

PJG -- I think there absolutely is a sneaky drinking thought behind my indecision. I'm just having a hard time challenging it properly. Still undecided. I'm thinking I'll probably just dodge the encounter :(

Good day today. Felt ill and tired and urrrgh this morning, but had a good day at work. I would've called in sick, but I really like my job! And also I don't want to start a trend of being unreliable.

Still feeling ill, but yeah, cheerful.

PJG -- I might be in for the lady madness this week. It depends if my mid month period counted! Would be really weird if it shifted 2 weeks... so I think I'll be joining you. Crazy b**ches ahoy!! Must be careful now, as PMS is a big trigger for me. Knocked me out of the 3 week thread several times.

[edit] Ooh, BE let me swear today. Had to ** that myself! Aren't I nice....