Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Two Week Challenge

Gizmo1314

Re: Two Week Challenge

Post by Gizmo1314 » 30 Nov 2015 22:17

Hi All, day 14 done, well done too Libz (::)

Glad to see everyone is strong and moving along ;)?

Jassy, you will feel better and better day on day, so you have something to look forward to every day :D

CT, you will be fine, come talk to us if you waver !!

Maria, icy here now with a dusting of snow, at least the relentless rain has stopped for a bit ;)

Stay strong everybody ---Gizmo---

RubyTuesday

Post by RubyTuesday » 01 Dec 2015 02:36

Hi Faith Chamomile hope you have good work trips.
CT the time before this slip I didn't go really much on the 7 day thread and preferred to lurk a bit so I think how you feel is normal. How are things with the citalapram did you go back to them? I am on them now and they don't really agree with me I lose my mojo I get so tired. There is an old thread on here somewhere specifically about this SSRI I think it has a very long half life and takes ages to get out of the system. Therefore it can hit you a few weeks/months down the line if you come off them.
Hi all tweekers will be on here tomorrow legitimately and look forward to meeting you all .
BTW sorry Gizmo it was a bit of artistic license and well done on graduation and Libz too , Hope i will meet up with you good people further down the line but for now, best of luck along the way.
gizmo.jpg
gizmo.jpg (6.32 KiB) Viewed 2322 times

Tim_Shaw
Last Drink Date: 18 Nov 2015

Post by Tim_Shaw » 01 Dec 2015 10:32

Morning everyone,

Well done to Gizmo and Libz for making it to Week 3! I'm on Day 13 now, so almost there. Still no major urges, and still 100% focused on not drinking. Been feeling a little ill during the last few evenings, so went to the doctor today. Physically, I'm not too bad, but he says I'm suffering a lot from acid reflux, so he's given me medication for that. He's happy that I'm getting self help from SMART Recovery, and doesn't think I need any further support right now, but is happy to refer me to a counsellor if I begin to struggle.

I have things in place now to deal with this, I know what to do and I'm determined to do it. At the moment, the idea of having just one drink fills me with fear because I know that it's too dangerous. I know my body can't take it anymore. I just want to get better.

Have a good day everyone.

Tim.
Change the brain, change the game.

jassy
Last Drink Date: 20 Nov 2015

Post by jassy » 01 Dec 2015 12:52

Thank you gizmo and chamomile and good luck Tim. Something made me laugh today, my kudzu capsules arrived. I emptied the powder out of one onto some yoghurt cos I'm vegetarian so won't eat the capsules, took the great big spoonful, then threw up, it's vile. At least if I keep taking that I won't get chance to drink, my head will be down the toilet permanently. I've now ordered som vegetarian ones :D

Humble_archer1983

Post by Humble_archer1983 » 01 Dec 2015 17:06

Evening everyone,

Day 11 now, its been a bit stressed as my mum is down to visit. A lot of the reasons that I drink are because of my mum and related family issues. So normally I would reach for the bottle but as yet I have survived, currently having dinner with a glass of coke. She is down till Friday, just hope I can get through it, I have been taking Valerian and that seems to help.

Forward the revolution.
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

Francis of Assisi

Tim_Shaw

Post by Tim_Shaw » 02 Dec 2015 16:50

Hi all,

Day 14. Last day here before I move on up. Feeling good today. Still getting moments of anxiety, but I know it's gonna be a while 'til it settles down. I keep telling myself it's gonna be worth it in the end. Now I've got this far, there's no way I want to go back now.

Have a good evening everyone.

Tim.

jassy

Post by jassy » 02 Dec 2015 20:16

Well done Tim and good luck x

Tim_Shaw

Post by Tim_Shaw » 02 Dec 2015 22:21

Thanks Jassy and good luck to you too ;)?

ChamomileTea
First Sober Date: 27 Dec 2017

Post by ChamomileTea » 03 Dec 2015 15:59

Arrived safely at the hotel for my work trip. Got up at 5am after 4 hours sleep so very tired now!!

The person who I travelled with has gone out sightseeing. I never had that much energy, even when I was her age! I guess she takes better care of herself than I ever did.

Feeling alright I guess. I was already feeling rubbish before I left, so not much has changed. Popped a fizzy water out of the mini bar, yum yum! Going to have a little lie down now then meet people for dinner later. Got to practice my pitch at some point this evening but right now just need a comfy bed!!

Still determined to stay sober.

ChamomileTea

Post by ChamomileTea » 03 Dec 2015 21:48

Just checking in to say I made it through 2 cocktail bars and dinner, no alcohol! Yay! I feel great about that.

<:)> hope everyone is doing well. I don't know what day I'm on -- technically day 7 I believe. So yay, I'm officially a tweeker again tomorrow.

Gizmo1314

Post by Gizmo1314 » 03 Dec 2015 21:50

Woo Hoo (::) (::) (::)

olivegrey
Last Drink Date: 26 Mar 2016

Post by olivegrey » 03 Dec 2015 22:14

Well done CT \:)/ \:)/ (::) (::)

Hi again all. Glad to see folks still doing well. I'm hanging in there, just. Finishing day 13 and facing things with a clearer head.

Olive
Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realise the strength, move on.

Iroquois

Post by Iroquois » 04 Dec 2015 01:46

Lots of Tweekers! Good job, all!

CT, excellent performance on business trip! I knew you could do it!

Olivegrey, good for you, Gizmo and all others, so many, and some getting ready to graduate to the Threekers! ;)?

All are doing so well, and getting clear heads, and more strength and such! Stick to the Fizzy Water, so refreshing and good, believe I will open a bottle shortly and settle down for a night's TV! Just about to finish another Dot to Dot book. Some new challenging pages on this one, give those Dots a try, Tweekers. Distractions are good, no matter where you are in recovery! Highly recommended by moi! :lol:

Best Wishes, Deanna :mrgreen:
There isn't enough alcohol in the world to make you happier, calmer, prettier, more clever or less angry.
Only sobriety will help you achieve these attributes.

cowboy

Post by cowboy » 04 Dec 2015 10:55

Hello. I'm new in these parts. Just finished the 7 day challenge and looking forward to another week of blissful sobriety. I love my sobriety and always have. Just that silly drinking gets in the way and I am searching for the reason for this. Obviously, I can't complete my search when I am hungover, half in the bag or completely obliterated. I figure get sober first and I will have a clearer picture of what makes me tick and what makes me want to abuse myself with alcohol. I've been a career drinker but there is still time in the later stages of my life (I'm just 57) to figure this shit out once and for all. I would like to say I'm on a mission but it's very early days for me so I'll just say "yeehah" - one week sober. Looking to pick up some support and momentum along the way here with the good folks at BE. Especially, with Christmas around the corner, holidays and many opportunities to "celebrate" with the aid of booze. I've made it through the Christmas season sober before and I can do it again.

Glad to be here and happy trails to my fellow "tweekers". Cowboy.

jassy

Post by jassy » 04 Dec 2015 13:40

Well done chamomile, I'm glad you were able to resist. I'm glad to see a post from olive grey too, I was wondering about you yesterday, I hope everything is going well. I'm surprising myself at how I've managed to not give in, but it's the weekend again which feels more difficult, I don't know why cos I drank every night anyway and don't work anymore but for some reason Friday and Saturday seem a struggle, so I'll be in the gym as much as possible and out with the dog.

ChamomileTea

Post by ChamomileTea » 04 Dec 2015 20:38

Thanks everyone :-)

Danger time is over. I didn't want to go to the free bar party thing that goes on til midnight. People call it "networking" but I... Yeah, I really think the benefit to the company is not worth the risk to me. So I opted not to go. It wasn't really optional but I think the people I'm with sort of understand.

I'm so tired. Piling 3 hours of drinking on top of that would be so brutal! Had a nice cup of peppermint tea in my room and now in bed with my kindle.

Thanks for all the support. It means a lot and has been really helpful. I hope I've subconsciously learned that I don't need to drink on these trips! Consciously knew that a long time ago.

<:)> thanks everyone. Xxx

Iroquois

Post by Iroquois » 04 Dec 2015 20:52

Hi Tweekers, CT, Jassy, Cowboy and all,

Glad you are all still hanging in there and doing well.

Cowboy, it took me until I was 67 before I finally got a number of months under my belt, sober. Luckily, I still tested ok with the liver function tests and etc. I surely hope that you can make it this time, and I hope that I don't succumb to wobbles, either! I must tell you that I fell when I was 65 on a night when I was so smashed to the gills, I fractured my pelvis and then had to have 12 weeks of bedrest until I retained a sort of physical recovery. I still am a bit disabled because of the fracture, my pelvis is weakish and gives me pain and difficulty walking. I tell you this to convince you that alcohol consumption doesn't get a bit better with age. Even after I got healed enough to use a walker, I cripped to my car, ran to the liquor store and bought my box of wine. There I was, leaning into my walker, with my big old heavy box of wine slung over the front bar! I fell a few more times, but fortunately didn't break anything further. It took me two more years before I finally felt sick enough mentally and physically to chalk up bunches of sober days.

I don't mean to scare anyone out of their wits, but I just want everyone to know that it DOES NEVER get better! With age just comes more problems and worse withdrawal symptoms. The Kindling thing is true, it took me a long time to admit that.

Sorry, if I am a downer, every once in a while I have to tell my story to hopefully convince quitters to continue with the quitting!

Stay strong all, don't ruin your health and body like I did.

Deanna

Good job on staying AF, CT, so darn proud of you! Peppermint tea, sounds lovely! <:)>
There isn't enough alcohol in the world to make you happier, calmer, prettier, more clever or less angry.
Only sobriety will help you achieve these attributes.

jassy

Post by jassy » 05 Dec 2015 10:40

I am disgusted with myself. I drank last night. I think I was trying to prove that I could just have a couple of glasses at home like a normal person, instead I had a bottle and a half. I feel rubbish, physically and mentally. I was doing so well, the only bright side is that I've shown myself that it just isn't worth drinking, no benifits just crap.

olivegrey
Last Drink Date: 26 Mar 2016

Post by olivegrey » 05 Dec 2015 11:29

Jassy, don't be disgusted with yourself. All of us do this dance so many times, even after we know we can't drink like normal people, holding on to the hope something will change and this time will be different. Be kind to yourself today. Nice food, plenty of juice/tea etc. Take this as a learning experience. You are not alone in this fight and you are very much worth keeping going!!
Well done for posting your feelings, it's very easy to run and hide due to the shame we feel. Ditch the shameful feelings, hold your head up. Be proud of what you have achieved before this blip and move forward.

<:)> <:)>
Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realise the strength, move on.

cowboy

Post by cowboy » 05 Dec 2015 15:14

I agree with olivegrey, jassy. No use beating yourself up. Nothing will come of it trust me. I have the mental bruises to prove it. You chose to come back here instead of pushing the F-It button. Many times after a bout of sobriety and giving in to temptation I have just hidden in a bottle. I'm not proud to say it but it is the truth. Coming back year the very next day is an important step.

Day 8 happens to be a Saturday and it sure felt good to get up without a hangover. I wish I had of drank last night so I could have felt shit this morning - not.