Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

behindblueeyes
Last Drink Date: 26 Feb 2012

Re: The Two Month Challenge

Post by behindblueeyes » 10 May 2012 23:38

Perhaps we'd better whisper then! ;)

Ho Hum....there's been a Race meeting here today.....and lots of 'jollity' is going on outside....drunken folks meandering home past my house!!

Love the Races....hate the hangovers! \:)/

oops....no More Hangovers in this house!
Dance like no-one is watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like no-one is listening, live like it's heaven on earth.

Evie B

Post by Evie B » 10 May 2012 23:41

Must say Slingy is really cracking some great jokes and one liners! Slingy that move has done you the world of good by the way you are posting these days!
Oh talking of jim jams, mine are packed for the hols (only have one set) so nowt in bed for me tonight :o
Man cannot discover new oceans until he has courage to lose sight of the shore

behindblueeyes

Post by behindblueeyes » 10 May 2012 23:42

Have a lovely time Evie....Im sure it will help having us all in your bag!! Stay strong, come back soon and tell us all about it! <:)>

No pj's Evie!!!! :o (I never do!)
Dance like no-one is watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like no-one is listening, live like it's heaven on earth.

Evie B

Post by Evie B » 10 May 2012 23:45

My Mum and Dad are very old, don't have a PC, and my brothers do, but I'd rather keep BE private for now. They do know I've stopped drinking tho.

Evie B

Post by Evie B » 10 May 2012 23:46

RUBBER GEAR.....good lord young man, wash your brain out now! Well I do wear it at weekends, I have to confess, but it's not shiny rubber, it's sort of matte

behindblueeyes

Post by behindblueeyes » 10 May 2012 23:52

Now is a good time for me to leave you two alone methinks..... ()o

Evie B

Post by Evie B » 10 May 2012 23:54

Mmm yes, I'll miss walking all those lovely doggies. There will probably be some new ones when I get back, but hope to see some of the baddies on my return, they may be naughty but I love them all!

Evie B

Post by Evie B » 10 May 2012 23:55

Off to bed now, must put on my invisible jim jams and go to bed. Will be back in the morning before I head off.
Night night xxxxxx

Sick of the dramas
Last Drink Date: 23 Mar 2012

Post by Sick of the dramas » 11 May 2012 06:25

Day 49 , week 7,

\:)/ (::) pixie , Evie b

Evie b- good luck! Shields are mobile and fully transportable so no need to pack them ,their already there. Look forward to hearing how successful you were on your return.

Ok it's early but my daughter is up so therefore...

Am busy today , booked my car in for a service , Gulp! How much is that going to cost me I dread to think!

Swimming later but for now I'm of for a jog !

Shields up people, we got incoming

Edit- the only thing I wear in bed is a smile :o
C-3PO: Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1.
Han Solo: Never tell me the odds.

Mitch12

Post by Mitch12 » 11 May 2012 07:06

Good morning all,
Firstly,
Congrats (500x375).jpg
Congrats (500x375).jpg (89.43 KiB) Viewed 458 times
Well done SOTD, Pixie and Evie B.

Jon, hope you are ok. You've been there from the beginning with me too, you're doing a great job and working really hard. Please keep posting.

A rough nite for me. My elderly dog (17) has been struggling to get up, especially as we have no carpets because of OH's wheelchair. Having to really think about the inevitable. :( even the puppy was acting concerned (normally his favourite game is to bomb dive the back legs or hang off old boy's chin :evil: )
Hopefully he will make it past the dog show on Sunday - Best veteran would be a good way to leave this world.

Sun is shining so much that I am seeing shapes on the computer screen or is that just tiredness?
Day 37, and will stay strong.
<:)> to you all, hope your days are good
Mitch

behindblueeyes

Post by behindblueeyes » 11 May 2012 07:39

good morning guys!! TGIF!!!!! whoo hoo!!!

hope you have a good one folks.....SOTD....hope the run goes well! 20 whole mins running is a huge thing!!!

have a lovely holiday evie....be good xx

Mr M ....too many wires will scramble your brain....and at the risk of being a pain in the neck....you need some fresh air!! ;)

slingy...catch you later for a dance....got my red dress out....and my red shoes...the ones with the bows and the sparkly bits....you should see them! \:)/

Jon.....well....come back Jon.....x

Mitch.....awwww.....hope it's a good weekend <:)>

pixie....bumpy.....(knew I shouldn't have started a roll call!!) <:)>

a special hug if I've missed you! <:)>

Mitch12

Post by Mitch12 » 11 May 2012 07:57

Thanks guys,
The kids are devastated, tho he has warned up a few times now. Everytime we think we have had to make the decision he is found in the garden playing football! This time is different, he's got a look in his eye that says help me.
Really wanted to take him to the beach but since not being allowed to drive we haven't been able to, will have to be a duvet day; tv is his favourite, he's got a weird thing for Harry Hill!
Sorry to shed sad news, even though I have prepared myself many a time for this moment I am still not prepared but glad to say I won't be drinking.

Jake.
Last Drink Date: 30 Aug 2017

Post by Jake. » 11 May 2012 08:03

Morning all,

day 31 for me. Have a day off so healhy breakfast and will go for a run I think. I never used to be able to run when drinking cas my muscles would be so dehydrated when hungover they would really hurt. No hurt muscles, another benefit of sobriety :-) lol
Let me take a selfie

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat » 11 May 2012 08:52

dannydonkey wrote:.
Start with breakfast I think....scrambled egg? poached haddock? kidneys? bacon and eggs? kedgeree?
What's your fvourite?
I feel sick!

Mitch, sorry about your furry friend.
#5 on the 2020 Challenge
Today is our most precious possession.

Evie B

Post by Evie B » 11 May 2012 09:21

Morning everyone! Especially today I will not drink, a sober Gatwick and sober flight! All packed and ready to go, just a short walk on the beach to clear my head and concentrate my thoughts, then off to get the train to the airport.
Mitch, sorry to hear about your dear doggie, it's truly awful to see our furry loved ones coming to the end of their life. It happened to me a few months ago when my 23 year old puss died, you do wonder how you will get to the next day. My thoughts are with you.
As for the rest of you......keep up the good work while I'm away. I've heard Jon's away, if you find him tell him to get back on here with us as soon as possible.
My girds are loinded......thanks for all your kind words and support. At seven weeks sober I am not stopping now...byeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)>

Mitch12

Post by Mitch12 » 11 May 2012 13:53

Thanks again everyone.
Don't know where to post following the vet coming out to see Murph, he passed away infront of an open fire, with his favourite film playing on the tv. (the dog, not the vet may I add :? )
I don't feel wobbly, it's not an SOS but I do want to keep contact, I'm sure that EAF is lurking somewhere ready to revel in my sadness.
Evie B - Happy hols (::) Have a great time
BBE, Topcat, Amouse, DD, thanks for the shouts earlier, hope your days are going good
Mitch

Mitch12

Post by Mitch12 » 11 May 2012 14:13

Cheers SB and A-mouse, my only way through today will be chocolate, the dog will more than approve!

Wasn't here in the midst of yesterdays events so don't want to comment but to say todays the day. Everyone is doing really well with their individual journeys. Lets hold on to friendships and acquaintances.

New image
Last Drink Date: 12 Dec 2011

Post by New image » 11 May 2012 14:33

Not spoke before Mitch but so sorry to hear about your dog.
He/ she ll have gone to heaven happy though now knowing your fighting the booze and staying alcohol free..
Take care. Xx
Lucky number 7.
2012,2013,2014, 2015 alcohol free.
2016 work in progress

Mitch12

Post by Mitch12 » 11 May 2012 14:36

Thanks new image, nice to meet you.
Love the avatar btw

Biggles

Post by Biggles » 11 May 2012 14:44

Mitch, so sorry <:)>
There's something so touching about old dogs. I have a beautiful brindle greyhound and love her to bits. The most patient animal in the world. She's getting old now and finds the laminate floor in the kitchen quite difficult. I put old bits of towel down for her to get across.
Hope you're OK Mitch,
Bxx
( Note to self.... ) GO AND DO SOMETHING !!!!
#31 for 2013.