Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

bentnotbrokenwings

Re: The Two Month Challenge

Post by bentnotbrokenwings » 06 Feb 2015 02:26

joholdbrook wrote:Nanny bent lol
I LOVE IT!! Hahahaha ;)?
Ah yes, the smoking too, same here dear. I know they need to go too, but one thing at a time over here! I have learned some folks just pick at your weaknesses to make themselves feel stronger, so just stay focused on what you are doing for yourself and don't worry about someone else making your "to do list" longer for their own gratification. You have kicked ar$e with this AF run, quitting smoking will come too in time, your time <:)> The cake was delicious btw, I needed a sugar rush!
Analyn, great job on fighting off the urges today. doesn't it feel great to come out the winner in that battle? \:)/
Fresh, UGH, neighbors LOL Glad you didn't answer the door, that could have been an all nighter.... Sorry though to hear she is struggling, alcohol and jerk exes definitely don't mix. I hope she finds some strength to take control and make what sounds like some much needed changes for herself.
Ohh, Clovis adopted a mouse!! LOL We want pics! ;-) I too am an E-Buyer, an Amazonaholic, and any other site I can mindlessly buy things I want for less ;-) I actually think I do it more now to pass time than before when I was drinking and not thinking about the spending, plus I am awful about the justification.... well, I would have spent that in vodka or wine this week.... :o But I do at least purchase things to keep me busy and mind off drinking, so it could be worse. I remember one night years ago I was up late eating a whole large pizza by myself with lots of wine, and a commercial came on for some sort of ab-roller type gadget. I ordered it thinking it would counter the night of stuffing my face and washing it down with buzz filling calories.... it's still unopened in it's box in my basement yet I enjoyed many more pizza and wine bottles since LOL
Well just dropped in before heading off to bed, have to return to the dentist early tomorrow morning to start damage control. I do remember reading somewhere on here of many others talking of dental work, is that another lovely gift from the EAF? Kind of thinking maybe so, and if so, add it to my list of why I won't go back to drinking, I HATE the dentist! (Well not him personally, just all his tools and procedures lol) Gonna pop in on my first weeker pals and call it a night, good night to all here and wtg on another day AF!! \:)/
It's not anxiety,it's alcohol.It's not depression,it's alcohol.It's not a miserable life,it's alcohol.When u make a choice to drink it,you also make a choice to have anxiety,be depressed,and have a miserable existence.Make better choices.

Trina
Last Drink Date: 16 Jun 2020

Post by Trina » 06 Feb 2015 03:36

Hi all,

I don't get to posting much, but just wanted to stop by and say hello. Clovis, I am also finding that I feel so much better physically and mentally after 6 weeks. I feel pretty calm most of the time and the main thing is that I like myself more now that I am not beating myself up for being a drunken failure all the time.

I could get used to this!

Be well, everyone.

Trina
Just because the monkey is off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town -- George Carlin

Zandra 1
Last Drink Date: 03 Jan 2015

Post by Zandra 1 » 06 Feb 2015 06:38

DAY 35 Said the women typing with her eye's closed :roll: Aloha Amigos \:)/ Freaky Friday is here, i don't know about anyone else but this week seems to be over quick considering :? And Spring is well on the way i noticed when i managed to get out for a walk the other day. In fact this Season seems to be ahead of its self as there's bird''s and plants that shouldn't be around until march all over the place here.

And although its cold and frosty and the puddles are all ice rinks, the sun has been shining quite a lot too. So it look's like summer, feel's like winter, but thinks its spring? Please don't tell we've all stayed AF and now the worlds going to end?? :lol: I remember a conversation year's ago when all you heard about on the news and in the papers was Nuclear war was practically imminent and lots of different country's were threatening each other with pushing the button, and the '''Three minute warning'' was all over the TV.

Which was a big joke as in that three minutes the Government advice was 'Take down a door as a make shift bunker, put it against the wall, cover it with sand bags then get everyone in your home behind it?? But when we were all laughing at the futility of even having sandbags at home and Superman turning up and sorting everything in three minutes just to end up incinerated anyway.

Everyone asked 'what would you do if this three minute warning dry run's were for real? And nearly EVERYONE said 'Run to the local pub, and grab a bottle off the optic and knock it back rapidly( except for the odd one's that decided 3 minutes was long enough for sex! :? :lol: )and that was coming from a load of people that had NO alcohol problem at all.

I just wanted to be right were the bomb was going off so it was all over before i knew it, but what I'm getting at here is how many people believe that Alcohol will be the answer to well dying in a flash. Blind drunk and senseless and believing it helps is one thing but blind faith and senseless? Well i suppose it takes all sorts, and the local pub was 7 minute away anyway so no one was getting there in 3 minutes on foot.

So that was an f-ing stupid idea just like drinking too much and believing thats a good idea, but it just goes to prove the power of advertising suggestion that alcohol will help to people that drank occasionally or not at all? Anyway i hope today is as stress free for everyone as possible and i hope i can get out for a walk later as i feel like a caged tiger some day's as I'm used to being active, exercising and walking miles. I'm off to have a cuppa land.

Love to everyone Zandra xxx <:)> <:)>
Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens.
Epictetus

All philosophy in two words, — sustain and abstain.
Epictetus

Born to rock and roll
not roll rock bottom
by Zandra

Cheddar
Last Drink Date: 26 Dec 2016

Post by Cheddar » 06 Feb 2015 10:15

Are you still with us, Finners?
Hope you're ok

joholdbrook
Last Drink Date: 07 Dec 2014

Post by joholdbrook » 06 Feb 2015 10:57

DAY 60 is here I am that happy I are your cake fresh lol

I will celebrate being sober today with a new chicken lol off to buy her now

Morning everyone where's my little star bent morning woman xxxxxx Yer we will stay in the fags lol xxxxxxxx
Je suis prest

bentnotbrokenwings

Post by bentnotbrokenwings » 06 Feb 2015 11:24

\:)/ \:)/ JOH!! \:)/ \:)/ So proud of you!! Way to go!! Sixty days ago I told you "you can do it", sixty days later you are telling the world "I did it!" Rock on sister!!
Hahahaha you are going to have me finding you a Bright Eye Chicken forum here soon love ;-)

Definitely fagging it up for a while lol They are on my list, but not at the top right now, doing too well with this to try and add something else to stress and withdrawal from. I will set a quit date, but it ain't today! When the weather gets better would be a better time for me, being outside and busy, I don't smoke nearly as much, that would be the time to phase them out. I will send pictures of me covered from head to toe in those quit-smoking patches, with a glass of lemonade in hand, and maybe a chicken in the background ;-)
Happy Friday all!!
It's not anxiety,it's alcohol.It's not depression,it's alcohol.It's not a miserable life,it's alcohol.When u make a choice to drink it,you also make a choice to have anxiety,be depressed,and have a miserable existence.Make better choices.

Clovis

Post by Clovis » 06 Feb 2015 12:23

ROLL CALL TIME!!!!! I like roll calls because I like the personal touch, I'm always pleased when someone mentions me in a roll call , and it's a good memory exercise!

Anyway, happy Friday BNBW, Jo, Cheddar, Trina, Zandra, George, Finley, Rosie, fresh-start, sammie, analyn and Uncle Tom Cobley and all \:)/

Another hangover free day at the office and I am till feeling that my body is healing. For the first four/five weeks I felt pretty lousy which was worrying, but at least it made it easier not to drink because I knew I would feel even worse with 3 or four pints of strong ale or cider followed by loads of red wine inside me.

I wish I lived a bit nearer the sea like some of you do because I would love some fresh sea air this weekend.

Whilst I remember, I have a question for all you animal experts. What's the best way to stop a neighbour's dog barking? I like dogs but this one is driving me and Mrs Clovis nutty in the evenings as it barks nonstop when they let it out. It sounds like its just outside our patio doors and I cant relax and listen to my Bach lute suites after a busy day. I get on well with neighbour but he doesn't seem to realise that the dog is a nuisance.

I didn't notice it so much when I was in pub after work or at home drinking every eve...

Any advice would be appreciated...

Cheddar

Post by Cheddar » 06 Feb 2015 12:32

I'd forgotten about the bottle recycling too, Clovis.

We didn't do it regularly so there were always quite a few bagfuls. We called it the drive of shame - I'd wait for a parking space outside and move my car up so the whole street didn't see us lugging the clinking bags up the road, load up, go to tesco, mutter "this is the last time I take Bob and Janes bottles for them" if anyone else was recycling. We'd also make sure there was a non alcoholic bottle of something in there too so we didn't look like "complete piss heads" :lol:

Any bottles that went in the normal garbage I used to stick old newspaper between them so the bin men didn't hear the clinking. Seems funny now, but just goes to show the shame associated with drinking.

Cheddar

Post by Cheddar » 06 Feb 2015 12:37

As for yappy the dog, all I can suggest is throwing something over the fence for it to chew on and get distracted. Unless you happen to be my next door neighbour and it's our dog bothering you, then NOTHING will stop the yapping :lol:

Analyn
Last Drink Date: 09 Jan 2017

Post by Analyn » 06 Feb 2015 14:03

Hi, everyone!
jOH ~ I am SO impressed ~ 60 days??!! That encourages me! (::)
Just back from Tesco, as I passed the top of the wine aisle (I didn't walk down there!), something evil whispered in my ear "a bottle of wine would cheer you up" :twisted: :twisted:
I replied , very firmly, "NO, it would NOT" ;)? Yay, round one to me today!! \:)/
What did cheer me up was the lovely little cushion I bought for myself with a pretty little fox on it!!! Something that'll last --------- (::)

fresh-start
Last Drink Date: 24 Feb 2020

Post by fresh-start » 06 Feb 2015 14:06

Well done on 60 days Jo!

Clovis, is the dog outside too long and so thats why it barks to get attention? My dog is very needy and we have to go outside with her everytime she toilets otherwise she just scratches at the patio doors to be let in and does a wee inside! Diva!

All going on here. Forensics, :shock: cleaners and painter and decorator all been into neighbours house. No sign of her so thinking that may be the last we see of her.

I feel lazy today. Should really be changing the beds and making a lamb tagine! Had some chocolate as well, just felt I needed a treat.

Lost 2lbs at WW so thats a stone now since I've been AF! :D

Analyn, I have been to Tesco this morning too. I thought about wine but itsoon passed! We rock! :D
#10 on the 2020 Challenge

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start » 06 Feb 2015 14:08

Cheddar wrote:I'd forgotten about the bottle recycling too, Clovis.

We didn't do it regularly so there were always quite a few bagfuls. We called it the drive of shame - I'd wait for a parking space outside and move my car up so the whole street didn't see us lugging the clinking bags up the road, load up, go to tesco, mutter "this is the last time I take Bob and Janes bottles for them" if anyone else was recycling. We'd also make sure there was a non alcoholic bottle of something in there too so we didn't look like "complete piss heads" :lol:

Any bottles that went in the normal garbage I used to stick old newspaper between them so the bin men didn't hear the clinking. Seems funny now, but just goes to show the shame associated with drinking.
Lol Cheddar! Bob and Jane! :lol:

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start » 06 Feb 2015 14:11

Zandra, we have Bluetits nesting in the birdhouse so that must be a sign of spring! Yippee! \:)/

Zandra 1

Post by Zandra 1 » 06 Feb 2015 14:23

COPY AND PASTE TIME!!! ;)? Anyway, happy Friday, CLOVIS xxx \:)/ BNBW, Jo, Cheddar, Trina, Zandra, George, Finley, Rosie, fresh-start, sammie, analyn and Uncle Tom Cobley and all :lol: ha!ha!ha!ha!

About the Dog, its because you never mention HIS name on ROLL CALL I reckon :? So for future reference its name is, ALGERNON CEDRIC CECIL WILBERFORCE SMYTHE :lol:

But really its BARK downing out your BACH ;) is caused by anxiety as Dogs are pack animals ( Human owners are the pack to the Dog, and also we keep them forever puppies mentally as we feed and protect them wild Dogs hunt and fight to the death over hierarchy, territory and bitches)and it feel's it can't protect the pack when separated, or it's being ostracised by the pack. Also there are other reasons such as it may have come from a bad place where it was cruelly treated and thrown out with no food and shelter, and left terrified, or possibly thrown out and abandoned.

Some People are evil, and throw them out of moving vehicles, or possibly being attacked by another animal large or small when isolated outside. Birds attack Dogs and will wait knowing when they get kicked out to taunt them ( I live and grew up in the countryside. on the outskirts of a city) and any animal and people are fair prey to some birds, and talking of the Seaside, bloody Seagulls!!

Their also evil when hungry and their habitat is being destroyed, try hiding from those b**tard's with a bag of chips in your hand , "£$%^%!@!! But that being said they get you in the middle of town too where i live. And my friends neighbour had an Alsatian who used to menace everyone until my friend adopted a feral cat and the cat kept viciously attacking him and a big Rottweiler.

And they were both terrified and barking and howling for no reason everyone thought. And my friend actually caught the said mad cat at it, but if next door have had the Dog since it was a puppy then its high anxiety and stress from separation from 'the pack' and thats horrible for the poor Dog .

Love to CLOVIS,BNBW, Jo, Cheddar, Trina, Zandra, George, Finley, Rosie, fresh-start, sammie, analyn and Uncle Tom Cobley and all (Copied and pasted again ;)? ) Zandra xxxx <:)>
Last edited by Zandra 1 on 06 Feb 2015 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
Epictetus

Epictetus

Born to rock and roll
not roll rock bottom
by Zandra

Zandra 1

Post by Zandra 1 » 06 Feb 2015 14:28

fresh-start wrote:Zandra, we have Bluetits nesting in the birdhouse so that must be a sign of spring! Yippee! \:)/
So have i Nicxxx after going for a walk, :shock: its freezing out by the river :lol:
xxx

Love to CLOVIS, ( C+P...again ;) )BNBW, Jo, Cheddar, Trina, George, Finley, Rosie, fresh-start, sammie, analyn and Uncle Tom Cobley and all ;)? Zandra :lol: xxxx <:)>
Epictetus

Epictetus

Born to rock and roll
not roll rock bottom
by Zandra

Clovis

Post by Clovis » 06 Feb 2015 16:40

Hey Zandra that dog sounds v posh!!
Cheddar your bottle run story cracked me up....we've all been there!
Well done on weight loss freshie!
Well done Analyn!

Have a great eve all x

Sammie
Last Drink Date: 26 Oct 2018

Post by Sammie » 06 Feb 2015 19:39

Evening all,

Our dog barks at night when we let him out, he goes mad at the foxes which we think have built a nest under our garden shed, but we only let him out for a minute or two - I hope we're not you neighbours either :?

I love the bottle run story! I used to always make sure all the other recycling was on top of the bottles on recycling day, big plastics, AF drink bottles etc with maybe one wine bottle poking out (& a million stashed underneath) poor bin men probably ended up with a bad back lugging all the empties :shock:

Fresh & analyn well done on bypassing the booze.

Fresh - ur weight loss is fab! Go you \:)/

Just finished work and am now heading home with the Chinese & diet coke, kids in bed, hubby at the pub, house and Chinese all to myself - bliss.

Happy sober Friday <:)>
Every storm runs out of rain.

Analyn
Last Drink Date: 09 Jan 2017

Post by Analyn » 06 Feb 2015 21:32

Fresh start - Tesco already in trouble ya know?! :o we doing nothing to help by not drinking their wine!!! \:)/

bentnotbrokenwings

Post by bentnotbrokenwings » 07 Feb 2015 03:01

Evening all, a bit off tonight for a roll call lol
Had my first real wobble this evening. Came out of nowhere and had me a bit unraveled. I had just gotten home for the night and all I could think about was one nice glass of red. Just one, I kept saying to myself, knowing darn well it never is just one, unless I was talking about just one bottle, and even then there's no guarantee :( I was already home for the night, no chance of going back out, but I just couldn't seem to get it out of my mind. I ate, (ok stuffed is more appropriate), drank some soda (have cut that out completely too so thought it may be like a treat) and still thought about it. Finally my body/mind realized it wasn't going to happen, and I instantly felt grouchy and down. Still do now.
I had planned on coming home and watching a movie I wanted to see, but just couldn't get that glass thought out of my head and do that instead. So a little peeved I not only had those thoughts, but wasted a perfectly good night to see a movie I keep putting off seeing. Just made my cup of chamomile, going to sip it down and take myself to bed. Hope tomorrow is a better day, today was actually pretty darn good until that moment that thought came on. Boy it was like wind from a hurricane, strong and pushy. Have no idea what triggered it, other than perhaps feeling so great this whole time up until now.
I got through it, but am a bit worried as I will be out and about tomorrow driving past stores. Again, hoping tomorrow is better than today, and I am just as strong to say no way, not going to the store no matter what. I will absolutely HATE myself if I give in now, and am in total FEAR it will send me into another uncontrollable binge. Must stay strong. Tomorrow was suppose to be a day for me to relax, last minute change of plans, must keep busy.
Thanks for listening, going to work my way to the bottom of this tea cup and go to bed. <:)> all.

Zandra 1

Post by Zandra 1 » 07 Feb 2015 07:58

DAY 36 Hi all Super down :( hope it changes :roll: I'm too tired to get out my own way this morning
Love to everyone Zandra xxxx
Epictetus

Epictetus

Born to rock and roll
not roll rock bottom
by Zandra