Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

Zandra 1
Last Drink Date: 03 Jan 2015

Re: The Two Month Challenge

Post by Zandra 1 »

COPY AND PASTE TIME!!! ;)? Anyway, happy Friday, CLOVIS xxx \:)/ BNBW, Jo, Cheddar, Trina, Zandra, George, Finley, Rosie, fresh-start, sammie, analyn and Uncle Tom Cobley and all :lol: ha!ha!ha!ha!

About the Dog, its because you never mention HIS name on ROLL CALL I reckon :? So for future reference its name is, ALGERNON CEDRIC CECIL WILBERFORCE SMYTHE :lol:

But really its BARK downing out your BACH ;) is caused by anxiety as Dogs are pack animals ( Human owners are the pack to the Dog, and also we keep them forever puppies mentally as we feed and protect them wild Dogs hunt and fight to the death over hierarchy, territory and bitches)and it feel's it can't protect the pack when separated, or it's being ostracised by the pack. Also there are other reasons such as it may have come from a bad place where it was cruelly treated and thrown out with no food and shelter, and left terrified, or possibly thrown out and abandoned.

Some People are evil, and throw them out of moving vehicles, or possibly being attacked by another animal large or small when isolated outside. Birds attack Dogs and will wait knowing when they get kicked out to taunt them ( I live and grew up in the countryside. on the outskirts of a city) and any animal and people are fair prey to some birds, and talking of the Seaside, bloody Seagulls!!

Their also evil when hungry and their habitat is being destroyed, try hiding from those b**tard's with a bag of chips in your hand , "£$%^%!@!! But that being said they get you in the middle of town too where i live. And my friends neighbour had an Alsatian who used to menace everyone until my friend adopted a feral cat and the cat kept viciously attacking him and a big Rottweiler.

And they were both terrified and barking and howling for no reason everyone thought. And my friend actually caught the said mad cat at it, but if next door have had the Dog since it was a puppy then its high anxiety and stress from separation from 'the pack' and thats horrible for the poor Dog .

Love to CLOVIS,BNBW, Jo, Cheddar, Trina, Zandra, George, Finley, Rosie, fresh-start, sammie, analyn and Uncle Tom Cobley and all (Copied and pasted again ;)? ) Zandra xxxx <:)>
Last edited by Zandra 1 on 06 Feb 2015 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens.
Epictetus

All philosophy in two words, — sustain and abstain.
Epictetus

Born to rock and roll
not roll rock bottom
by Zandra

Zandra 1

Post by Zandra 1 »

fresh-start wrote:Zandra, we have Bluetits nesting in the birdhouse so that must be a sign of spring! Yippee! \:)/
So have i Nicxxx after going for a walk, :shock: its freezing out by the river :lol:
xxx

Love to CLOVIS, ( C+P...again ;) )BNBW, Jo, Cheddar, Trina, George, Finley, Rosie, fresh-start, sammie, analyn and Uncle Tom Cobley and all ;)? Zandra :lol: xxxx <:)>
Epictetus

Epictetus

Born to rock and roll
not roll rock bottom
by Zandra

Clovis

Post by Clovis »

Hey Zandra that dog sounds v posh!!
Cheddar your bottle run story cracked me up....we've all been there!
Well done on weight loss freshie!
Well done Analyn!

Have a great eve all x

Sammie
Last Drink Date: 26 May 2021

Post by Sammie »

Evening all,

Our dog barks at night when we let him out, he goes mad at the foxes which we think have built a nest under our garden shed, but we only let him out for a minute or two - I hope we're not you neighbours either :?

I love the bottle run story! I used to always make sure all the other recycling was on top of the bottles on recycling day, big plastics, AF drink bottles etc with maybe one wine bottle poking out (& a million stashed underneath) poor bin men probably ended up with a bad back lugging all the empties :shock:

Fresh & analyn well done on bypassing the booze.

Fresh - ur weight loss is fab! Go you \:)/

Just finished work and am now heading home with the Chinese & diet coke, kids in bed, hubby at the pub, house and Chinese all to myself - bliss.

Happy sober Friday <:)>
Every storm runs out of rain.

Analyn
Last Drink Date: 09 Jan 2017

Post by Analyn »

Fresh start - Tesco already in trouble ya know?! :o we doing nothing to help by not drinking their wine!!! \:)/

bentnotbrokenwings

Post by bentnotbrokenwings »

Evening all, a bit off tonight for a roll call lol
Had my first real wobble this evening. Came out of nowhere and had me a bit unraveled. I had just gotten home for the night and all I could think about was one nice glass of red. Just one, I kept saying to myself, knowing darn well it never is just one, unless I was talking about just one bottle, and even then there's no guarantee :( I was already home for the night, no chance of going back out, but I just couldn't seem to get it out of my mind. I ate, (ok stuffed is more appropriate), drank some soda (have cut that out completely too so thought it may be like a treat) and still thought about it. Finally my body/mind realized it wasn't going to happen, and I instantly felt grouchy and down. Still do now.
I had planned on coming home and watching a movie I wanted to see, but just couldn't get that glass thought out of my head and do that instead. So a little peeved I not only had those thoughts, but wasted a perfectly good night to see a movie I keep putting off seeing. Just made my cup of chamomile, going to sip it down and take myself to bed. Hope tomorrow is a better day, today was actually pretty darn good until that moment that thought came on. Boy it was like wind from a hurricane, strong and pushy. Have no idea what triggered it, other than perhaps feeling so great this whole time up until now.
I got through it, but am a bit worried as I will be out and about tomorrow driving past stores. Again, hoping tomorrow is better than today, and I am just as strong to say no way, not going to the store no matter what. I will absolutely HATE myself if I give in now, and am in total FEAR it will send me into another uncontrollable binge. Must stay strong. Tomorrow was suppose to be a day for me to relax, last minute change of plans, must keep busy.
Thanks for listening, going to work my way to the bottom of this tea cup and go to bed. <:)> all.
It's not anxiety,it's alcohol.It's not depression,it's alcohol.It's not a miserable life,it's alcohol.When u make a choice to drink it,you also make a choice to have anxiety,be depressed,and have a miserable existence.Make better choices.

Zandra 1

Post by Zandra 1 »

DAY 36 Hi all Super down :( hope it changes :roll: I'm too tired to get out my own way this morning
Love to everyone Zandra xxxx
Epictetus

Epictetus

Born to rock and roll
not roll rock bottom
by Zandra

joholdbrook
Last Drink Date: 07 Dec 2014

Post by joholdbrook »

Morning all x

Funny that bent I fancied a drink big time last night really did even planned in my head how I could go out have a big glassful and be content of course I couldn't Id have to drink till I was out me head and then this morning Id be like shit back to day one so ended up cleaning the kitchen up all the cupboards had a shower and then a early night now this morning I am so relieved I didn't do it I even had a dream I had a drink and woke up thinking did I was that real no it wasn't it's just the brain playing games on me
Je suis prest

joholdbrook
Last Drink Date: 07 Dec 2014

Post by joholdbrook »

Bent opened up the kitchen door to go feed the. Chickens porridge this morning but late and they stormed in the kitchen demanding it making so much noise and yes let's have a chicken page on be lol xxx
Je suis prest

George

Post by George »

Morning all

Good on you, Jo. Amazing (and annoying) how the old brain troubles us for so long for a drink, isn't it. Good on you for standing up to it and saying no. That's why the hens were round this morning, they wanted to pat you on the back and say, "Well done, you :D "

Zandra, just the reason to have a long lie this morning. You'll feel ten times better in a couple of hours time and be ready to take on the world ;)?

BNBW, bet that when you get out of bed you'll feel so much better. A cup of tea to start the day and you'll wonder what made you feel and think like you did. Good one, though. You didn't give in so round of applause (::)

Hope that everyone else is ready for a good weekend. Looks like it's going to be a bright and sunny day here in Shetland but that may well change. The wind has risen a good bit since I got up and you never know what it's going to bring with it so fingers crossed ;)
“Now I’m sober and I realize, I didn’t drink to escape the world, I drank to escape myself”
― Phil Volatile, Crushed Black Velvet

Analyn
Last Drink Date: 09 Jan 2017

Post by Analyn »

Bent and JOH, proud of you both! It's not easy, is it?! Well done though!! ;)? Shields up this weekend all of us and we will refuse to listen to that nasty fairy?! I have stress at home with OH and keep thinking that a drink would make it all more bearable. It wouldn't, right?! :shock:
Feeling good this morning and off to weigh in a minute ( 34 days ago when I had my last drink, I also started a diet!)
Oh,hi there to George!! \:)/

Cheddar
Last Drink Date: 26 Dec 2016

Post by Cheddar »

Morning all

Glad you resisted temptation Bent and JOH. It's very disheartening finding yourself back on day one after so many days sober. Even going to bed early is better way to spend your friday night than getting smashed and regretting it.

The trouble with "just one" thoughts is we all know deep down it's never just one. We think "oh well I've blown it, might as well wait till monday to start again" Then Monday comes and we have "just one" to take the edge off the hangover .... etc etc you get the picture.

Zandra, hope you're back to your enthusiastic energetic self soon <:)>

Glad to see you both in good moods George and Analyn and hope the weigh in goes well!

Well done everyone, your strength gives me strength. Thank you.

bentnotbrokenwings

Good morning all <:)> Ah yes, so glad I didn't give in last night. Went to bed early and even turned off the alarm to sleep in past 5am, but the (grrrr) cat/kitten (6 months old) decided to knock the lamp off the night stand, so awake I am ;-)
Joh, good for you staying strong too hun! I agree with George, those chickens were in that kitchen "squawking" about your thoughts last night! LOL And it's true, we would be so mad at ourselves today, your chickens would be out there waiting and waiting and waiting, right along with the horses here as I am still having to tote unfrozen water to the pasture 3x's a day from this horribly cold weather lingering upon us.
Zandra I hope your mood is better today, maybe something in the air last night as many seemed to have a downer-evening. Get yourself some more rest, when I was drinking I used to say' "I'll get the sleep I need when I'm dead", now I tell myself, "Get enough sleep or you'll be dead sooner than you'd like"!
George glad to hear your weather will be sunny, always helps to keep us positive when mother nature feels the same :-) I am working on my morning coffee (always coffee in the am and tea the rest of the day/evening), I need it still to jump start my day. Thank you for the applause, funny how I feel I don't deserve much of an award for thinking about drinking, but I suppose not doing it is worth something! Just wish it was behind me, that is so where I want it to stay!!
Analyn, shields up my friend! Came so quickly I had to remember where I put the darn thing, but glad I was able to find it ;-) EAF is nasty, worse than a walk to the mailbox to find out your electric bill tripled last month yet you hadn't changed a thing in your routine! Ha! Best of luck on your weigh in, I am sure you will see progress and that will definitely make today brighter. I try so hard to be conscious about what I eat now (hardly ate when I was drinking so weight wasn't much of an issue), but definitely feel the sugar cravings and give in more than I'd like (I hardly ever ate anything sweet due to the wine intake). Yea, OH may think that now, until two days later he's feeling horrible that you are right back to day one. It's hard for them to understand and for that I give them a little more patience, but my bottom line for my own, if you want to see me hit rock bottom again, throw me a bottle up here where I am nearing the top! Congrats on 34 days, very impressive!!
Cheddar so true, so true. I KNOW there is no such thing as ONE for me. One sip leads to one drink, one drink leads to one bottle (of wine) or 5-6 mixed drinks, one beer leads to a case. One night leads to one weekend, one weekend leads to one large binge. No way, ONE is not in my drinking vocabulary. In my decision to quit, I had to be very hard on myself, it was quit for good or just drink yourself to death. Sad as it sounds, that was truly my two options at the point I had gotten to. I don't ever want another day one again, and yet last night, at first few thoughts anyway, it didn't even seem to pop into my head that just one meant day one. I am definitely going to make a new note to stick up on my fridge of that, "Just one causes day one". (I am big on taking notes through this whole thing, reading them in different mind frames really seems to work with me staying sober)
Well hoping all have a wonderful Saturday, and if anyone runs into the EAF today, try to catch that b*tch, we will tar and feather her (I know between Joh and George we have plenty of feathers LOL) and force her to drink something GOOD all day!! Many <:)>s to all here, thank you so much for all your kind words and encouragements, it's really nice to wake up first feeling like a dope for even thinking about it and then coming on here and everyone telling me great job to fighting it off. Makes it so much easier mentally to keep fighting, I thank you all again from the bottom of my heart!! <:)>
It's not anxiety,it's alcohol.It's not depression,it's alcohol.It's not a miserable life,it's alcohol.When u make a choice to drink it,you also make a choice to have anxiety,be depressed,and have a miserable existence.Make better choices.

Clovis

Post by Clovis »

Hi all!
On the exercise bike...puff....pant.... ()o

bentnotbrokenwings

Morning Clovis <:)> (well morning here anyway, still dark out but the sun is finally beginning to wake), great for you to cycle away, I am still on my rump having my morning coffee :oops: Only claim to motivation so far this morning is watering the horses and letting the dog out. I suppose that did take some energy... LOL burned maybe 7 calories so far? hahahaha Hope you have a wonderful Saturday!!

Clovis

Post by Clovis »

Cheers BNBW!
I had a couple of large coffees too, hence the energy for the bike- and I too switch to tea. One thing I don't like about UK is the selection of cold drinks in shops. There's either soft drinks with tons of sugar, diet drinks ( I don't like aspartame taste) or iced teas and coffees, all with tons of sugar. When I lived in Japan, there were all sorts of non sweetened teas etc to buy in vending machines and shops 24/7.

The food industry likes to make us fat then sell us diet food which doesn't work and actually makes us fatter and addicted to sugar.

Us humans luvs dat sugar! I remember reading that when sugar hit Europe in 16th and 17th centuries, people went nuts and added it to everything- roasts, pies, soups etc etc. I actually don't have a sweet tooth, but once a month I stuff myself with chocs etc and then that's it for a while.

My all time favourite snacks are salt and vinegar flavour peanuts and Snyders honey and mustard pretzel pieces....which I haven't had for a while because I haven't been in pubs much for a while...

Zandra- how's that posh doggie of yours? I iz namechekkin dat doggie!

Have a great day all, and if anyone is going for a walk near the sea, take a deep breath or two for ol' Clovis!

X

Rose13
First Sober Date: 25 Aug 2020

Post by Rose13 »

hi everyone,
was also tempted to have a drink last night but managed to resist. I think its being stuck in the house and bored!
i ended up going to bed at 8pm!!
I'm also getting peed off with feeling groggy and my skin seems to be worse since stopping drinking! spots everywhere and discoloured skin is worse than ever! and i am still itchy and sneezing!I hope this improves soon! moan moan moan! I noticed a couple of people saying they didnt start feeling better till week 5 or 6 so fingers crossed

Rose13
First Sober Date: 25 Aug 2020

Post by Rose13 »

well done on the exercise bike Clovis!! I know what you mean about the drinks!! I have been adding sparkling water to pure fruit juice for a tasty drink. I don't like artificial sweeteners and this is a cheap alternative. The tea you mentioned sounds nice!

Clovis

Post by Clovis »

Hi Rose
Some people start to feel great after three or four days but the times I have given up for a long time, it has always taken a while to feel better. I'm definitely feeling better now, but realising that a couple of the things I feel are not connected to drinking. I have a hiatus hernia which plays up every now and then whether I drink or not, but when I drink I'm sure the anxiety makes it worse, causing weird pains and aches in my stomach. Even when I find this frustrating, I always remember that my liver etc need time to recover, which is why I'm committed to going three months without any possibility of relapse no matter how strong the AF voice. Then I intend to set a new target, and so on. I know I will never be able to have just the one and also that I would never want just the one. I drank to get drunk, pure and simple. Last time in 2013 I manged 9 weeks then relapsed but I'm hoping for a different result this time. I no longer feel I am missing out by not drinking and no longer feel I need it to entertain myself or reward myself.

So don't worry if you don't feel as brilliant as you had hoped- the healing process will be taking place behind the scenes \:)/

Clovis

fresh-start
Last Drink Date: 30 Jul 2021

Post by fresh-start »

Analyn wrote:Fresh start - Tesco already in trouble ya know?! :o we doing nothing to help by not drinking their wine!!! \:)/
Lol! They'll be going under Analyn! :D
#10 on the 2021 Challenge