Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

Clovis

Re: The Two Month Challenge

Post by Clovis » 11 Feb 2015 11:44

Morning all

Feeling tired today at work but still happy to be AF and definitely don't regret not drinking last night:)

I was with a friend who was drinking but I didn't feel like joining in and was quite happy with my Rubicon juice:)

TMI ALERT

Haha I know some of you have been mentioning being eggbound, but I get the opposite if I drink too much fruit juice :shock:

Anyway, to change the subject...

I am wondering if there is anyone else on these threads who has ever had OCD symptoms? I have had mild symptoms since I was a teenager, and one thing I noticed was that they disappeared when I drank. Mine were not the tidying/cleaning variety. Mine are more like rituals and I feel I need to do things in a certain way to avert bad things happening to my family, e.g. closing doors with both hands rather than one, taking an even number of steps to cross the road etc etc...They were strongest in my teenage years but rare now.

Of course in the 1970s nobody had heard of OCD and there was no internet so I thought I was going potty. My symptoms have not increased since being AF although I do notice them more on occasion. They don't really interfere with my life I'm happy to say ;)?

Anyone else ever had stuff like this?

C

Rose13
First Sober Date: 01 Jan 2019

Post by Rose13 » 11 Feb 2015 14:36

Hi Sherlock,
I am still itchy after 5 and a half weeks but i am in the gym a lot and wondered if sweat was aggrivating it or yes it might be the cold too. It drives me crazy sometimes!

fresh-start
Last Drink Date: 24 Feb 2020

Post by fresh-start » 11 Feb 2015 15:09

[quote="Analyn"] Diet going great, lost over 7kgs now, another 4kgs & I will be happy \:)/
quote]

Analyn, thats brilliant, 7kgs, wow! \:)/

Nic x
#10 on the 2020 Challenge

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start » 11 Feb 2015 15:11

sherlock wrote:Does anybody else have really dry and itchy skin. Four and a half weeks for me and surprised this is still bothering me, but maybe it's not so unusual?

Thanks
Sherlock, have you tried Aqueous cream that you can get over the counter in the chemist? I get a big tub and it lasts me ages. Worth a try because its awful being itchy. <:)>

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start » 11 Feb 2015 15:15

Hi Clovis

Yes, in my teenage years I went through a couple of spells of OCD/rituals. I used to count things, everything, in 4's. On the bus I would count lamp posts or houses in groups of 4 etc. Even now my favourite number is 4 and I also like 16 as its divisible by 4! :shock:

I also had a keyboard and every night I would play the same tune on it before I went to bed. My parents used to hear me and then say, "There she goes!" :shock:

Mine stopped when I started drinking too. Luckily haven't really noticed it coming back but I do get a bit anxious sometimes for no apparent reason.

<:)> Nic x

Sammie
Last Drink Date: 26 Oct 2018

Post by Sammie » 11 Feb 2015 16:27

Analyn 7 kgs is fab, I'm just not loosing anything at the moment :( am trying to eat healthier and am definitely exercising more but it's just not budging, I'd be happy to lose 4kgs then I'd be at my ideal weight, must try harder!

Sherlock dream cream from lush sorts outs my youngests eczema, and it's helped out with friends psoriasis, worth a try maybe.

No OCD tendencies here, maybe if I did I wouldn't always lock myself out ;)

Jo, your doing brilliantly not to drink with the stress of an op coming up, years ago my eldest had to have an op (she was 1 & 1/2) and on the lead up to it I was drinking quite a bit each night to get through the stress of it all. Not so much post-op as I was in hospital with her for 5 nights - don't think they would have appreciated me falling of the hospital bed in the middle of the night :shock:

Had a Blergh day today, woke up fuzzy headed and it's stayed for the day, would dearly love to sink into a nice hot bath and go to bed, however the kids are on a play date - at ours, so 4 children running about like maniacs rather than 2, hubby's not home till later, then I'm taking a Pilates class - blergh blergh blergh :(

TMI ALERT I find a handful of seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, linseed, sesame) or a kiwi a day keeps me nice and regular :oops:

Hope everyone's having a lovely sober Wednesday <:)>
Every storm runs out of rain.

joholdbrook
Last Drink Date: 07 Dec 2014

Post by joholdbrook » 11 Feb 2015 17:55

Thanks Sam yes it's looming up on me I have to go for a pre assessment tomorrow trying hard to just accept its got to be done or I will end up in a bad way or dead

Ocd no don't think so but I do hoard things not in the house I hate any clutter but I do hoard food waxes for my burner errr things I throw myself into doing like diets
Je suis prest

Zandra 1
Last Drink Date: 03 Jan 2015

Post by Zandra 1 » 11 Feb 2015 18:05

DAY 39 Hi all \:)/ still on side ;)? just too rough to post today.

Love to everyone Zandra xxxx <:)> <:)> <:)>
Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens.
Epictetus

All philosophy in two words, — sustain and abstain.
Epictetus

Born to rock and roll
not roll rock bottom
by Zandra

Analyn
Last Drink Date: 09 Jan 2017

Post by Analyn » 11 Feb 2015 18:16

Rose, re itching, I haven't been near a gym!! :shock: Still itching though!!
fresh-start , thank you!! May try that cream for the itching!
Joh, you are being very brave, wishing you all the best
Same, 4kgs will do me now too. Hope the kids behave for you!! <:)>
Had a good day, had a pleasant walk with the dogs this morning.

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start » 11 Feb 2015 20:10

Sammie, you might feel better after Pilates? <:)>

Zandra, hope you feel better tomorrow. <:)>

Jo, good luck tomorrow. <:)>

I've had loads of energy today and it would have took a lot to stress me out.

We're off to the Lake District on Friday. Just seen the forecast and it looks dreadful, wet and windy. Normally would have gone to the pub instead of walking in bad weather but don't want to do that, too tempting. Might just have a sleep in here, head off at lunchtime, stay over, then get a long walk in on Saturday when its drier.

I love the Lakes but the weather tends to be wet everytime I go!

Moan moan! :D

joholdbrook

Post by joholdbrook » 11 Feb 2015 20:23

fresh-start wrote:Sammie, you might feel better after Pilates? <:)>

Zandra, hope you feel better tomorrow. <:)>

Jo, good luck tomorrow. <:)>

I've had loads of energy today and it would have took a lot to stress me out.

We're off to the Lake District on Friday. Just seen the forecast and it looks dreadful, wet and windy. Normally would have gone to the pub instead of walking in bad weather but don't want to do that, too tempting. Might just have a sleep in here, head off at lunchtime, stay over, then get a long walk in on Saturday when its drier.

I love the Lakes but the weather tends to be wet everytime I go!

Moan moan! :D
Have a lovely time there x
Je suis prest

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start » 12 Feb 2015 12:15

Afternoon all

By eck its quiet on here. What are you all up to?

I expect Clovis is on Copacabana beach about now in his Speedos! Lucky bugger! :D

I've had a hectic morning at work but its settling down now.

Thanks Jo. Will pack my bag up tonight and we're heading off to the lakes early tomorrow morning. Bugger the rain!

I am having a few permission thoughts about booze whilst we're away on Friday and Saturday but I am scared it will open the floodgates and be back to square 1 so will give it a miss for that reason amongst others.

x

Clovis

Post by Clovis » 12 Feb 2015 14:01

Haha! Nope, I'm still in Blighty, freshie, I'm off to Brazil next week. :? I must remember to put speedos on right way round this time...
Remind me when I get back that I know a joke about speedos and beaches - I will post it on joke thread (::)
Hope you and everyone else are having a good pm x

fresh-start

Post by fresh-start » 12 Feb 2015 16:10

:lol:

Speedos on back to front eh Clove?! Not sure about a Brazilian, more like a back, sack and crack required by the sounds of it! :lol:

Newt
Last Drink Date: 10 Aug 2014

Post by Newt » 12 Feb 2015 16:15

Hello everyone \:)/

Just wanted to wish Nic a lovely time on't fells, it never rains in Cumbria lass, it pisses down ;)

Friday the 13th on Helvellyn, you are hard!!! :lol:
Social distancing since 1966

Rose13
First Sober Date: 01 Jan 2019

Post by Rose13 » 12 Feb 2015 16:52

hello everyone,
Day 40!! hope your all having a good day

joholdbrook

Post by joholdbrook » 12 Feb 2015 21:03

All tests went ok op booked early Monday week my eggs are due to hatch the next day Iv got to stay really focused now as the panic starts to kick in dread pure dread wish I could be knocked out for this but I am not allowed pure terror but focus on the road ahead I will do x
Je suis prest

Analyn
Last Drink Date: 09 Jan 2017

Post by Analyn » 12 Feb 2015 21:12

It certainly is quiet on here, thought you were all having a party and I hadn't had an invite? :o
Rose, oh, well done, my Day 40 tomorrow!
Jo, I know how scary it is but they do make sure you don't feel anything, they check you all the time. <:)>
Been another busy day and it went well.

Clovis

Post by Clovis » 12 Feb 2015 21:26

Wishing you all the best Jo <:)>

fairy

Post by fairy » 12 Feb 2015 21:37

Hope everyones doing ok!! Good luck to all. Two months tomorrow for me. Im alot happier without the drama that alcohol causes. Been feeling a little sad that I am a problem drinker and that il never be a party animal again etc.....these feelings pass tho. Dont ever want to wake up with regret or anxious again!! We can do this!! Xx