Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

Analyn
Last Drink Date: 09 Jan 2017

Re: The Two Month Challenge

Post by Analyn » 12 Feb 2015 23:06

A warm welcome awaits you fairy! ;)?

Clovis

Post by Clovis » 12 Feb 2015 23:20

Well done fairy! Seven weeks tomorrow for me :)

Zandra 1
Last Drink Date: 03 Jan 2015

Post by Zandra 1 » 13 Feb 2015 04:44

DAY 41 ;)?

Love to everyone Zandra <:)> <:)> <:)>
Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens.
Epictetus

All philosophy in two words, — sustain and abstain.
Epictetus

Born to rock and roll
not roll rock bottom
by Zandra

joholdbrook
Last Drink Date: 07 Dec 2014

Post by joholdbrook » 13 Feb 2015 07:18

Morning all

Had a good sleep but got up and couldn't find my cat asked himself who said no not seen him my oh had shut him in the shed all night he is now snuggled up in front of the fire after storming in demanding breakfast followed by 30 chickens quickly shut the door to early for chicken demands yet

Well done fairy and welcome the party animal lol that's me at my age but it's nice to be sober in the morning no regrets or strange txts or word FB messages with people saying you ok what's up
Je suis prest

Analyn
Last Drink Date: 09 Jan 2017

Post by Analyn » 13 Feb 2015 08:14

Zandra, do hope that you are feeling better?
Jo, I bet that your cat is going to make your OH suffer in the way that only cats can!! :o
Well it's Friday the 13th, not my fave day but this one is a bit special as for me, it's :-
40 days and 40 nights ;)? \:)/
I have been dying to say that ever since I saw someone else post it \:)/

Clovis

Post by Clovis » 13 Feb 2015 08:55

Ayup all!
Hi Analyn and well done!
Hope you are feeling better today Zandra!
Yes Jo, it's nice to have calm times these days and I don't miss being the life and a**ehole of the party all the time 8-)
I hope freshie is having a lovely ramble in the beautiful Lake District
Hi also to George, Cheddar, Fairy, rose, Newt, Sammie, Sherlock, Trina, Finley and Chiffon and the other ladies and gentlemen who grace this thread :D

Clovis x

bentnotbrokenwings

Post by bentnotbrokenwings » 13 Feb 2015 10:40

Morning all, just wanted to pop in/ check in, haven't had a chance to read much as I've been busy with dental surgery/cleanings/cavity fills etc this week, but wanted to let everyone know I will still here and still on board :-) Busy early morning but have free time later to read/catch up with everyone. Happy Friday, don't let the date scare ya, or give you a reason to hide in a bottle tonight! TTYL <:)>
It's not anxiety,it's alcohol.It's not depression,it's alcohol.It's not a miserable life,it's alcohol.When u make a choice to drink it,you also make a choice to have anxiety,be depressed,and have a miserable existence.Make better choices.

Clovis

Post by Clovis » 13 Feb 2015 12:01

Sorry BNBW I missed you off the roll call (::)

Kentish Jay
Last Drink Date: 25 Jun 2015

Post by Kentish Jay » 13 Feb 2015 17:44

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in and say hello, day 26 for me today, so I'll be hopping over to this thread on Monday.

have a good weekend,

Jay

Sammie
Last Drink Date: 26 Oct 2018

Post by Sammie » 13 Feb 2015 18:28

Evening all,

Finished work early today \:)/ now going to meet my mum for dinner, lots of wine thoughts entering my mind, but I won't!
Have made a million and one plans for the half term to keep the kiddies organised, but must be careful myself as sometimes rushing about all day with them can lead to reward thoughts, so will carefully mind myself, as well as throw in a jamma day or two.

Happy sober Friday folks <:)>
Every storm runs out of rain.

joholdbrook

Post by joholdbrook » 13 Feb 2015 18:45

Analyn wrote:Zandra, do hope that you are feeling better?
Jo, I bet that your cat is going to make your OH suffer in the way that only cats can!! :o
Well it's Friday the 13th, not my fave day but this one is a bit special as for me, it's :-
40 days and 40 nights ;)? \:)/
I have been dying to say that ever since I saw someone else post it \:)/
Forty days and forth nights way to go x

Clovis I consider myself a ass when partying but been told I sorely missed at all the party's these days must think I am off my rocker I am with drink I need one of them tee shirts
Instant ass@@@@
Just add alcohol

Bent how's the mouth hope it's healing ok your doing really well right proud of you

Hope everyone is ok x
Je suis prest

George

Post by George » 13 Feb 2015 20:27

Seeing as how it's Friday the 13th today, I thought that I'd stick my head in to make sure that everyone is okay today. Sorry I've not been around much these last few days but haven't had anything sensible to say, not to say that's any different from any other time. Hope all is well, must run and get the kettle on 'cause I'm dying for a cuppa ;)? ;)? ;)?
“Now I’m sober and I realize, I didn’t drink to escape the world, I drank to escape myself”
― Phil Volatile, Crushed Black Velvet

joholdbrook

Post by joholdbrook » 13 Feb 2015 21:22

Hey George nothing good to say hey your here that's good enough enjoy your cuppa

Iv been naughty tonight stuffing my face with liquorice Catherine wheels takes me back but yummy all the same sugar will be running high now all night
Je suis prest

Cheddar
Last Drink Date: 26 Dec 2016

Post by Cheddar » 14 Feb 2015 06:06

Morning all

Still sober, but been very depressed all week. Thought I better just pop my head round the corner and say hi. Hopefully back later with something a bit more positive to say!

Well done to all, you're doing so well

Clovis

Post by Clovis » 14 Feb 2015 10:18

Hey ho it's Valentine's Day!

This eve, restaurants up and down the country will be full of red tablecloths, complementary glasses of prosecco on arrival, special rip-off Valentine's menus, pulled pork arranged in a heart shape, chilli chocolates, grumpy couples with nothing much to say to each other unless they've just copped off and ringing cash registers for the lucky few ;)? ;)? Blokes in the doghouse because they bought garage flowers, forgot to book a table etc etc...
Cynical, moi?

Anyway it's day 50 for me and still no trips to the bottle bank, hangovers, or wasted weekends.

Hope you are all doing well. Cheddar, sorry to hear you are feeling down. I reckon it's PAWS....the body learning to cope without alcohol. Keep posting- we are all here for you and all fighting our own battles. Mine is periodic anxiety and hypochondria...hours spent googling symptoms etc etc...feeling ok today and I don't regret ONE day of seven weeks AF (::)

To avoid the deeply depressing spectacle of the evening Valentine's cash-in cheesefest I described above, I've suggested we go out for lunch instead. My task now is to find somewhere with a good, normal menu and none of the special shite...of course I've got the card etc so nobody can accuse me of not being a romantic old Clovis :) although I do resent being told to feel romantic by society and businesses just because it's a certain day and they want to make money. The whole essence of romance is spontaneity I reckon. Having said that, Mrs C does not share my views, so it's the card/ flowers/ meal today otherwise I will be in the maison de chien.

Have a good day, all you sweethearts! <:)> x

Cheddar

Post by Cheddar » 14 Feb 2015 10:36

Clovis wrote: This eve, restaurants up and down the country, will be full of red tablecloths, complementary glasses of prosecco on arrival, special rip-off Valentine's menus, pulled pork arranged in a heart shape, chilli chocolates, grumpy couples with nothing much to say to each other unless they've just copped off and ringing cash registers for the lucky few ;)? ;)? Blokes in the doghouse because they bought garage flowers, forgot to book a table etc etc...
Cynical, moi?
Hahaha spot on!

Sammie
Last Drink Date: 26 Oct 2018

Post by Sammie » 14 Feb 2015 15:01

So this is lang the lines of how close I came to drinking last night when I went out for a meal with my mum:

Mum: I'll have a glass of red wine please
Me:I'll have a glass of white wine please
Mum: oh they only have Chardonnay by the glass here will that do? (I don't really like Chardonnay and much prefer a sav)
The EAF: that's fine f**k it who cares it's wine, your only gonna have one, or maybe two, f**k it well go for broke and pick up a bottle on the way home yay wine wine wine wine
Me:eeeeerrrr aarrrrhhhh erm well........
The EAF: Order the bloody wine, you can definitely moderate now, see how well you've done, your normal - drink the wine, order the wine, we need the wine
Me: ................................. (Starting to get slightly strange looks at this point)
EAF: wine wind wine wine wine wine
Me: um a jasmine tea please.

So so so bloody close it scares the shit out of me! I then proceeded to have horrid drinking dreams all night :(
But I didn't drink & yes I am so bloody glad I didn't, however the drink thoughts are still in my head, going round send round and round and round, I havnt had these thoughts in ages, I really want them to stop.

<:)>
Every storm runs out of rain.

Cheddar

Post by Cheddar » 14 Feb 2015 16:20

Well done Sammie (::)

Scary after all these weeks sober it can still blind side you and BAM the urge to drink is almost overwhelming.

btw was it you doing the C25K or Fresh (or both of you)? How are you finding it? I'm at the end of week 3, but I think I'll need to get some proper running shoes and give up smoking if I continue.

Have a good night all

Clovis

Post by Clovis » 14 Feb 2015 17:45

Well resisted Sammie!

Rose13
First Sober Date: 01 Jan 2019

Post by Rose13 » 14 Feb 2015 22:30

Hi everyone,
sorry i not been posting the last couple of days. Ive been really down so didnt want to moan! i am going on holiday tomorrow so i am glad to be going back to my home country and hopefully do a bit of skiing. I will post as much as i can so i can keep in touch with you all.
was tempted to drink today but i didnt DAY 41
good night all
x