Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

Neal
Last Drink Date: 14 Feb 2021

Post by Neal »

Cowboy wrote:
14 Nov 2018 10:13
I'm pretty sure you know what I mean. I wish you well in your journey. Cowboy.
Thank you Cowboy. I know exactly what you mean.
"...all that road going, and all the people dreaming in the immensity of it... and tonight the stars'll be out, and don't you know that God is Pooh Bear?"

Sammie
Last Drink Date: 26 May 2021

Post by Sammie »

Well I guess its time to move on up here ;)?

Neal are you still about? Hows the running going, I'm currently managing 10km twice a week and then a (very) slightly faster paced 5km once a week. I've booked on for a half marathon about 6 weeks before and a 16 miles run 4 weeks before :shock:

Had an early wake up call this morning due to my 7 year old having a friend over for a sleepover, managed to stumble out of bed and tell them to watch TV quietly downstairs before stumbling back to bed - I am so not a morning person, drink or no drink ;). Don't have much at all planned today other that one daughter to a sports club and that's it, planning on a netflix family movie and popcorn tonight and that'll do me ;)? I love having days with nothing planned to just chill. I was getting a bit panicky about the calendar filling up over the xmas period but at the moment its quite manageable and hubby and I have agreed to add nothing more to it ;)?

<:)> <:)>
Every storm runs out of rain.

Neal

Post by Neal »

I'm still here.

40 days and 40 nights done and it's now day 41.
Sammie wrote:
24 Nov 2018 10:05
Neal are you still about? Hows the running going, I'm currently managing 10km twice a week and then a (very) slightly faster paced 5km once a week. I've booked on for a half marathon about 6 weeks before and a 16 miles run 4 weeks before :shock:
My running's going good. Still really working on my base/care fitness. Running mainly 3-5km a few mornings midweek before work and then longer at the weekends. Have a 10k trail run tomorrow and another in a fortnight. I've also signed up for a few more runs/races to tie in with my training plan which kicks in on Christmas Eve. Gradually losing weight - much needed - and that is making it all a bit-by-bit easier.

I haven't logged in for a few days - nice to be busy and lazy (at times) too. I did have a low mood last night - a Friday night slump that showed I had forgotten to remember how bad booze is for me. Or had I remembered to forget, with John Barleycorn whispering about the working week's end deserved buzz in my mind's ear. Glad I ignored him - especially this morning when I was out in the dark on the run. All is well again.

Hope you're good, Sammie and Cowboy and anyone else hanging around in the autumn optimism - keep the faith!

Neal

;)?
"...all that road going, and all the people dreaming in the immensity of it... and tonight the stars'll be out, and don't you know that God is Pooh Bear?"

QueenBee

Post by QueenBee »

Hi,

I've been struggling with my alcohol abuse for nearly 3 years.. drinking 4 bottles of wine a day... 29 days ago I admitted myself into a private treatment centre. It was the best thing I could ever have done...only now I am finding it hard to cope with no routine or structure in my life!

QB x

Sammie

Post by Sammie »

Hey QB, firstly well done you for check h yourself into rehab and doing what needed doing, it was a very brave and honest thing to do <:)> .
Start with small basic things that you can easily do everyday and that don't put any stresses on you, plan and make your 3 meals a day, go for a few walks, have a long hot bath, plan treats for your evenings, have a good book, read sober blogs, watch the soaps, lots of self care and love and then you can build on that.

You've got off to a great start now it's time to carry on <:)>

QueenBee

Post by QueenBee »

Thanks. I will try and make some small plans. Tiny but positive steps.

;)?

Neal

Post by Neal »

Great advice Sammie.
Exercise is great for physical and mental health according to the experts and in my experience. Getting some daylight, some fresh air, some change of scenery...

Hope all's well with everyone.

Neal

;)?

Sammie

Post by Sammie »

Evening peeps,

What's that Neal????? 6 weeks!!!!! \:)/ (::) ;)?

QB, small steps forward, small goals and LOADS of treats. No stressors, no booze <:)>

I think yesterday summed up my perfect day: hubby took daughter 2 to clubs for the day, myself and daughter 1 pottered round the house, read the papers, ate things that didn't need preparing. I then dropped her at her sports club, went and had a coffee and cake and read my book before picking her up, went home, had a 1.5 hour bath whilst drinking becks blues and eating chocolate, cooked a quick dinner and ate it in front of the tv watching a family movie, ate popcorn, ate chocolate, drank tea, went to bed and read. PERFECT. Woke this morning hangover free and able to face a child's birthday party ;)?

I have now blocked my xmas calendar for any more social events and am looking forward to more weekends like this one :D

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Really good vibe on here folks. Thanks for sharing all.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

Sammie

Post by Sammie »

Morning peeps,

Good to see you cowboy, you are racking up the days, weeks and months and doing fabulous ;)?

Just back from a 12km run, felt good and a nice healthy way to start the day. Very little planned for today, maybe a spot of house cleaning :evil: but otherwise not much. Feeling good at the moment and not many thoughts at all of drinking which is nice -long may it last.

Neal, QB <:)>

Have a fabulous day <:)>

Sammie

Post by Sammie »

Morning,

Work today :evil: but managing to finish early so I can go and watch my daughters football match ;)? . This morning was the first morning in a very very long time that we all managed to get out the door on time with no shouting or tears - AF result ;)?

Have a great day peeps <:)>

Neal

Post by Neal »

Good Morning everybody.

I've not logged on in a couple of days but that doesn't mean that I'm not being vigilant. Like you Sammie, I've not had too many thoughts about drinking. Friday nghts - in fact, Friday's journeys home and arrival - are the only times I feel a pang, yang or wobble (wobble probably being too strong a word). So all is going well. Once the weekend is under way, and I have my dinner and am relaxing things are fine then.

Hope all is well with everyone - Sammie, Cowby, QB e tutti. (Thanks for the 6 weeks shoutout Sammie.)

I'm still getting to bed early, up early to run and am maintaining steady weight loss which is making all of that easier. I ran a trail 10k race on Sunday and that felt great for doing so. Muddy, hilly with stunning views over East Lothian and the Firth of Forth. Finished a little quicker than I had predicted - I suppose that's the benefit of running with hundreds of people across terrain.

There are indeed positive vibes here, determination and some very good numbers. Well done.

Have a good day.

Sammie

Post by Sammie »

Well done Neal on the 10km trail run, I've never done a trail run, I run alongside the Thames with lots of greenery about so usually lovely views to keep me going. I did 10km this morning but did struggle, I find my Monday morning run the easiest as I've had the weekend with no runs, I then struggle on Wednesday and always make sure Friday is a short run (or I might die).

We've just been given tickets to the Saturday X factor final (well 1st half of the final as they announce the winners Sunday) which is very exciting :D

Have a fab day peeps <:)>

Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Post by Spats »

Mind if I come over and join you in a couple of days. It’s looking a bit quiet on here atm

Londoner
Last Drink Date: 29 Oct 2018

Post by Londoner »

Morning all,

I am one month sober today so thought I would come over and join this thread. Onwards and upwards.

Londoner
Sober since Tuesday 30 October 2018 (Last alcoholic drink consumed on morning of Monday 29 October 2018).

Neal

Post by Neal »

Morning Londoner, Morning Spats. Great to see you here. Hope everyone has a grand day.
Where's the X-Factor filmed, Sammie. I'm sure that'll be a great atmosphere.

The current atmosphere here, on my morning run, was dark and rainy. I like that. Exhilerating in a different way.

Neal

;)?

Sammie

Post by Sammie »

Evening peeps,

Spats, Londoner and Dory girl (who should be along very shortly) HUGE HUGE congrats on your graduation \:)/ (::) ;)? So nice to see the thread livening up <:)>

Neal, X factor is being filmed at Wembley, but I'm now in two minds of whether to go or not :roll: They're only general admission seats on a first come first served basis but on doing a bit of research apparently the wait and queues are horrendous for the finals and there is very little chance of actually getting in, so I'm just not sure I want to wait around for hours in the rain with my children and then get turned away.

The weekend is busy enough, the kids have friends for sleepovers tomorrow night, I'm doing a 5km fun santa run in the park with family and friends Saturday morning, ?the X factor Saturday night? busy busy busy when I much prefer slow, relaxed and chilled :?

I was supposed to go swimming tonight but on the way home from work I got a major case of the blues, so came home and stuffed myself with chocolate instead, still feeling very melancholy - not sure what's going on.

Shields up for the weekend <:)> <:)>

Neal

Post by Neal »

I hope the chocolate helped. (It usually does.) I'm on low sugar dark chocolate which is just great. I love it. Choco Logic or something like that, it's called, from Tesco. And I need to have a hot chocolate (Options/Highlights) or Horlicks Light before bed. I have to watch the calories to keep losing weight to keep getting further and quicker on my morning runs.

I'm glad the thread is getting busier- well done a tutti. It'll be nice to keep reading and posting as the silly season gets under way. Looking forward to the Christmas thread lighting up too - I intend to use every trick in the book and every support I can to stay sober right over the Festive Season and into next year.

St Andrew's day in Scotland tomorrow. And a Friday. Old Neal here would've been whisky wrecked completely to celebrate in bygone days - well, to use celebration as an excuse for the extent of my trespass, in bygone bad old days. Not this year.

Hope all is well with you all.

Neal

;)?

Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Post by Spats »

We don’t need to be plastered to have some fun folks, be seeing you on Saturday :\:

DoryGirl
Last Drink Date: 29 Oct 2018
First Sober Date: 30 Oct 2018

Post by DoryGirl »

Room for one more...? :\:

I've just celebrated my one month anniversary... with some salted caramel chocolate... and would love to join you! \:)/

Thanks for the introduction Sammie. I hope you're feeling better. Sometimes the exercise can drag you out of a low, but other times you've just got to ride the wave, eat chocolate and know that tomorrow's another day. <:)>

Congratulations to my AF twin Londoner too for graduating to this thread. (::)

I've been so inspired by Neal and Sammie's running that I've just ordered a new sports bra so that I can give it another go! Watch this space... :o

Hi to Spats and anyone else looking in tonight.

Sleep well everyone
DoryGirl
xxx
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...