Morning all
Happy Monday day 30 \:)/

Jj123

Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

Post by Jj123 »

Hi cherry
Fantastic day 30
I’ve just had a twelve hour sleep busy weekend
Just about to take the dogs out and then visit my sister. I’ve got a weeks holiday to see my dad and other family so looking forward to some quality time.
Day 63 feel the party was a big milestone but had big urges last night. Luckily no alcohol in rental cottage. Has anyone else noticed that when you manage something tough that’s when you are at most risk of slipping gave me a bit of a fright.
Anyway today is another day it’s all learning
How are you Macintosh and dougal?
JJ
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Dalai Lama

Cherry10
Last Drink Date: 02 Nov 2019

Post by Cherry10 »

Hi everyone day 31 \:)/
I know what you mean JJ. I think the brain is wired to expect a reward when we achieve something & for us it's alcohol. I felt the same when I got past 3 weeks AF!
Hope everyone had a good day

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Thanks cherry
Helps to know I’m not alone in those feelings. Day 64 done felt better today 9 weeks done and dusted.
Deep breath and keep on keeping on.
Hope everyone had a good day.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh »

Hi Jj and good to see you Cherry.
Feeling low tonight....the thought of heading to the supermarket for a bottle did cross my mind but I think I've managed to quash that. Just need to stay focused.
Sobriety is not an anchor, it's a pair of wings.

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Well done Macintosh hang in there you are wracking up the day. Keep on.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Hi cherry Macintosh and Dougal
Hope you are better today Macintosh scary how the urges come from nowhere. So glad you held strong.
Dougal how’s the hip and sinuses?
Cherry you are rocking it how are you feeling coming up to the festive period?
Today I’m off to see my dad you lives In a Nursing home and has dementia this is normally a huge trigger as I find it so hard he doesn’t recognize me now and I miss him so much. Also visited my mums grave yesterday. However have my lovely dogs here with me so will run back to my rental cottage get the fire on and give them a cuddle. It’s hard to experience difficult things without turning to our old fAithful crutch isn’t it.
Take care guys
Do you know if there is a Challenge between this one and a year I see there is a six month one but not used?
JJ
Dalai Lama

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 »

Mackintosh wrote:
04 Dec 2019 18:33
Hi Jj and good to see you Cherry.
Feeling low tonight....the thought of heading to the supermarket for a bottle did cross my mind but I think I've managed to quash that. Just need to stay focused.
Hey Mackintosh hope you made it thru your low moment? Stay strong you are doing so well <:)>

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 »

Jj123 wrote:
05 Dec 2019 08:52
Hi cherry Macintosh and Dougal
Hope you are better today Macintosh scary how the urges come from nowhere. So glad you held strong.
Dougal how’s the hip and sinuses?
Cherry you are rocking it how are you feeling coming up to the festive period?
Today I’m off to see my dad you lives In a Nursing home and has dementia this is normally a huge trigger as I find it so hard he doesn’t recognize me now and I miss him so much. Also visited my mums grave yesterday. However have my lovely dogs here with me so will run back to my rental cottage get the fire on and give them a cuddle. It’s hard to experience difficult things without turning to our old fAithful crutch isn’t it.
Take care guys
Do you know if there is a Challenge between this one and a year I see there is a six month one but not used?
JJ
Hi JJ it is so hard when those triggers come around. I have been thinking a lot about Xmas & not drinking & hope that I can be tough enough not to give in. Almost at 5 weeks & I really don't want to go back to day 1 again!!
At least you have your lovely dogs..crazy about my dog too \:)/

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 »

JJ I think any of the existing threads can be resurrected...soon as you post in there it goes back to the top. Not 100% certain but you could always check with admin

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

You’re doing so well cherry hang on in there. Christmas night out tonight can see it far enough!
What kind of dog do you have?
Dalai Lama

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 »

Day 34 \:)/
Enjoy your night out JJ..I have a 2.5 yr old Staffy x shitzu how about you?
Hope your hanging in there Mackintosh & Dougal
Shields up everyone...will be so glad when this pesky Xmas season is over

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Hi guys
Up early to go to dog competition after late night at works Christmas do. Tired but proud I can be up and driving safely. Really enjoyed the party and even had a good sober dance!!!
I have working dogs lab age 5 and springer aged 3. Love them to bits.
What are you guys up to this weekend?
? we are getting our tree tonight.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Leslans
Last Drink Date: 10 Nov 2019

Post by Leslans »

hi Jj, seems it a little quiet here. Well I’m moving in soon so it won’t be then. I hope you got your tree today. I’m getting mine tomorrow. I’ve had a shocker of a day really. Decided to spill the beans re my drinking problem with a girlfriend. I’ve not stopped crying. Anyway got through it unscathed other than frog face now.

Anyway thought I’d just check out who was in here. Looking forward to coming over next week <:)>
"Don't look back, you're not going that way"

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh »

Morning all, been a strange week...have picked up a bug so feeling yuk physically and unfortunately been a bit that way mentally too. Hopefully next week will be better and I can get back to swimming and get some Xmas shopping done. I'll be bowing out of here in the next few days as it's day 90 for me today. I'm going to head over to the 6 month thread. It's great to hear everyone doing so well on here....hoping to see you all over at the 6 months in a while.
Keep on keeping on \:)/
Sobriety is not an anchor, it's a pair of wings.

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Sorry you’re not well Macintosh it makes such a difference 90 days is awesome. Dougal you must be quite near the 90 day’s too? I’m on day 69 so will be there before the new year! Hope you can get back to swimming soon Macintosh.
Cherry hope you have a great day.
Thanks for all the support Macintosh. Wishing you all the best.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

I’m in here...........hellooooooo. Ok I know it’s stupid o’clock, can’t sleep but I will be here in the morning. Day 29. Blimey, Dougal and Mac you are doing so well. Sorry to hear about the old hip Dougal. Frustrating I know. Soon be back on that horse.

Looking forward to being around. Hi Cherry and JJ.

Better go back to bed now <:)>

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

Day 29. Tree up now. Happy Monday everyone e <:)>

Dougal
First Sober Date: 21 Sep 2019

Post by Dougal »

Oooh, watch out for these season bugs - I’ve been floored! Ok now, and not a hot toddy on my radar! Very proud....I’ve missed you all though 😘
Hey Leslans, good work day 29! A little emotion is ok.....I think it demonstrates your strength of character to your friend. I’m approaching 90.....can’t believe it. Comes next week or so.....must count, so i’ll be off to the 6 month thread I guess, feel all ‘moved in’ here too.
Having a bit of a worry about Xmas though, not really the day itself, more invites to drink parties, locally - so can’t use the driving excuse......goodness, must be strong! Suppose I can always use the previous/still recovering from injuries as an excuse 🤔
Gotta still get a tree and it seems we are hosting a gathering on Xmas day.....I’m so not remotely organised.
So will we all catch up on the 6 month thread? That’s assuming I survive Xmas....and I know it’s going to be the hardest time yet.
Stay strong, keep up the good work all.

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Hi team
Leslans talking openly about drinking must be tough. I’ve skirted around it but never opened up. It must feel emotional? Well done for staying AF the wine must’ve been calling? Great to get the tree up and day 29 done.
Dougal hope you are feeling better now and hip is behaving.
10 weeks/70days today. Feeling tired lots going on work wise.
Hope you all had a good Monday?
Cherry how are you?
JJ
Dalai Lama