Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Hi Jake and VM and any other folks
Good to see you Jake, hope you’re well, you’re doing so well on the sobriety front \:)/ \:)/ Sometimes I think I am on here too much! Especially when I look at active threads and realise I’ve posted on about half a dozen of them. I worry I am that annoying poster who keeps popping up everywhere :oops:

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

Swordgirl, I love your posts.

NEVER STOP POSTING!
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom”
Viktor E. Frankl.

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Morning all
VM - thank you! Your post has made my day! Thank you so much! I shall keep posting then! I’m well impressed with your post on the Sports Desk thread, mind over matter \:)/ \:)/

Hi Jake ;)?

Hope you’re both ok?

Just a quick check in from me. Today is the last day of my phased return which is meant to ease me back into work, but I didn’t get much done yesterday so I might just do a tiny bit of work and I have to collect some keys from someone. Plus the kids were bickering this morning because one was insisting the other mislaid something important so had to intervene, search for said item and then drive one of them to the other side of the city because they were late! This trying to chill business is not really working but it’s my own fault. Right, better do something constructive.

Jake.
Last Drink Date: 26 Jan 2022
First Sober Date: 27 Jan 2022

Post by Jake. »

Good morning all.

Yes swordie, keep posting away. It’s nice to have some activity on the threads. They are quiet otherwise.

I hope you have a productive day swordie and get plenty of work done.

I had a wobble yesterday and really wanted a whiskey, but i had chocolate and put myself to bed early.

1 month 14 days here

Hi VM x

Have a lovely day both x

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Hi Peeps
Sorry to hear about your wobble Jake, so pleased you managed your thoughts and feelings and overcame the desire for a drink. Well done! The intensity of those type of thoughts can be really powerful so you were strong to keep your sobriety intact. I have been eating a lot more chocolate these last few weeks. It seems to help. I have a couple of secret stashes, because someone in this household has gannet type tendencies!

VM - hope you’re ok ;)?

I did a lot of house stuff but not enough 'work' work but I can catch up. Had a last minute invite for dinner with friends which I went to (after first contemplating turning it down) Had a really nice time! Didn’t feel weird about not drinking and my other friend must have told the host so she already knew. Weirdly I didn’t really mind even though I don’t want my alcohol problem to be the subject of general discussion. Drinking has made me isolate myself too much so it was good to be with people despite covid concerns.

Catch up with you all soon ;)?

Jake.

Post by Jake. »

Good morning swordie. Chocolate is the way forward haha. I am so glad you went to the meal and enjoyed it! It’s amazing how much we neglect ourselves, turn down invites isn’t it. I’m glad it was all sober for you. I hope you had a lovely evening x

Hey VM, how’s tricks?

I am just enjoying some fresh coffee. Hhmm. I have to write a few last minute christmas cards, get my hair coloured and cut for tomorrow. I’m going to my mums for a christmas style roast tomorrow with my brother. He spends xmas day at his. I am feeling more positive this morning.

1.5 months

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Hi VM and Jake
Jake 1.5 months is brilliant! Love it that you’re getting your hair done, we need to be nice to ourselves. I’ve coloured mine and I’m getting it cut next week :D Enjoy being spoilt! Glad you’re feeling better <:)>

VM - missing you and your humour! Hope you’re ok?

I’m being very lazy this morning. I woke up feeling a bit tired and grotty, bit disappointed that I’m not leaping out of bed full of energy given all this abstinence but to be fair, I just need to go to bed earlier instead of browsing. I was leaving my iPad downstairs a few weeks ago, but I like posting on BE at the end of the day from the comfort of my bed! I will have to find a solution. Maybe use a laptop instead.

Going for a walk later with my sis, going to get a few jobs done now, honestly I really am this time!

Jake.

Post by Jake. »

Hi swordie, sorry to hear you’re feeling grotty. Sometimes it feels life should become all sweetness when we are sober, but there’s still problems. I guess thats what we have to deal with. I guess, compared to the alternative, sobriety is great. I hope you have a lovely productive afternoon, and have fun with your sister x

Hi VM, how’s things?

I’m just watching sky news and all the news over circuit breaker lockdowns. Great… i’m still not overly happy about the idea of Christmas sober. I’ll just have to endure it.

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

Tough day and taking a break from here
Love and peace to all
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom”
Viktor E. Frankl.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

I hope everything's ok, Steve, and that tomorrow is easier. And I hope you'll be back with us very soon.

Love and peace to you too ;)? <:)>
"There was a house we all had in common and it was called the past, even though we'd lived in different rooms."

221b for the 2022 Challenge, including Sundays.

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Sorry to hear today has been hard VM. I hope that things improve and that you get a little downtime if possible. Take good care <:)>

Jake.

Post by Jake. »

Sending positive vibes your way VM. X

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Hi all
Jake ;)? Hope you have lovely hair now and also that your meal with family was nice.

Bit of a late post from me, still not drinking I’m pleased to say. Had a very lazy day, have done very little, read a book, just finished it. I know there’s lots of things I should have done, to be honest, I don’t feel that bad though :lol: I can feel guilty tomorrow if necessary

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Morning Peeps
Hi VM and Jake! Just a quick check in from me. Just about to start work after I have taken all my meds/vitamins. Just discovered that a sticky work situation I thought would be resolved today is still dragging on! Anyway, it’s not going to make me drink!

Have a good day guys ;)?

Jake.

Post by Jake. »

Good morning swordie. I hope you get that work situation resolved soon, it doesn’t sound too good. I am glad you are still resolute to be sober.

I am ok. Seeing my brother today or tomorrow before xmas. I need to go shopping too and get groceries.

1 month, 17 days here.

Have a good day both

Hope you’re ok VM. Thinking of you

Jake.

Post by Jake. »

Good morning all x

How are you doing Swordie, VM?

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Good morning!
Hi Jake - good to see you ;)?

VM - thinking of you.

Woke up about 4 times last night so was feeling a bit tired, have only just joined the land of the living! Must go and get the coffee and the laptop on. I’m on day 36 which means I completed 5 weeks yesterday \:)/ \:)/ I’m relived and grateful to have got this far.

I was meant to go to a gig tonight, but not going because of Covid, it seems a bit unwise and I’d hate it if I got it and then passed it on to anyone especially older family members. Bit disappointed though.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day.

Jake.

Post by Jake. »

Well done on the 5 weeks swordie thats brilliant! That’s a shame about your gig. Here’s hoping it’s rebooked for the new year.

Trojan
Last Drink Date: 09 Jun 2013

Post by Trojan »

Hi Swordgirl, well done on sailing past the five weeks mark \:)/

It's not always easy, but so worthwhile :-)

Five.jpg
Five.jpg (19.02 KiB) Viewed 594 times
Au milieu de l'hiver, j'apprenais enfin qu'il y avait en moi un été invincible.
#99 on the 2022 Challenge

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Excellent work, Swordie! Well done!
\:)/ (::) (::) ;)? <:)>
"There was a house we all had in common and it was called the past, even though we'd lived in different rooms."

221b for the 2022 Challenge, including Sundays.