Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Morning all
Just a quick post to say I’m still sober \:)/ \:)/ but not getting anything done really apart from grocery shopping and cooking dinner :roll:

Mudbucker - you’ve got to start caring about yourself a little bit more! Go and have that shower ;)? Drinking strips us of the ability to care for ourselves, like ourselves even. You’re not drinking now so don’t allow it to keep you down. All these tiny things like a shower, a decent meal, a good book are all part of recovery.

Sorry not to do a roll call, got to be somewhere in 7 minutes and I’m not ready! Hope you’re all ok!

Mudbucker
First Sober Date: 24 Nov 2021

Post by Mudbucker »

Thanks swordgirl, hope you're having a good day.

You're right, of course. I still need to figure out what my emotional and psychological needs even are at this point. At least a little basic attention to the physical side of things would be wise.

For tonight's stint in the pub I'm going to take a fancy but heavy and fragile amplifier to try out. It's an open blues session, so I play a lot but also get to listen to others from out in the room. I'll need to be sober to properly evaluate the sound, and to safely manhandle the thing home!
For NYE, the later of my two shows has been cancelled; As tempting as it is to play the first then hang around drinking free of charge into the wee hours, my wife and I might ditch and celebrate somewhere together- around about midnight on 31/12/21 will be 25 years since we first met. I'm usually mid-gig at that particular anniversary, so a stroll to the seafront to peacefully see out our quarter century will be a good thing, and might just see me to the end of December alcohol-free. God knows, the alternative is mind-numbing drunkeness just hours before the finish line!
The regret after drinking is worse than the desire before.

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Mudbucker wrote:
29 Dec 2021 15:48
so a stroll to the seafront to peacefully see out our quarter century will be a good thing
This sounds like such a lovely thing to do 😍

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Morning All
Hope all is well with folks. Just a quick check in with me to say hi and that I’m still sober. Day 45. My adult child left a bottle of spirits on the dining table the other day! A bit inconsiderate I thought, as they do know I am not drinking and I made them take all their booze upstairs before I stopped. So I put it on the floor so I didn’t have to look at it and then later on I get asked where the bottle has gone. Suppose I could have texted the location. I think I am going to have to have a word.

Have a good day everyone!

Mudbucker

Post by Mudbucker »

That's not very helpful, just one step from leaving it in a glass with some ice! Might be worth a mention to them.

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Good Morning!
Hi Jake, Mudbucker, VM and anyone looking in.

Reporting in for day 46 today, to be fair I don’t know if I would know what day I am on if it wasn’t for this app I use. I originally started using it to count how many units I was consuming but now it serves a different purpose.

It’s a time for some reflection today isn’t it? I can say hands down, this period of sobriety that I have had has got to be the best thing I have done this year. Sadly I can’t think of much else, pulled off a couple of good things at work I suppose, kept the show on the road but will sit down and try and reflect a bit more this afternoon/evening.

It will be a quiet NYE at home for me this evening. Would normally see friends but for various reasons I will be at home with the youngest.

Right, going to put my gym clothes on and try and revive the exercise/fitness thing for the last day of the year, think I will be a bit stiff tomorrow!

Happy New Year to all!

Mudbucker

Post by Mudbucker »

Have a good day, swordgirl.
Day 38 here- I'll start making notes in my '22 diary, as counting through is starting to be a pain now. Can't be a bad thing!

Good luck for tonight, everyone. I have my sobriety plan in place, and intend to stick to it.

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Morning!
It’s day 47 in the Sober Swordie House :D \:)/ \:)/ ;)?

Happy New Year to all my fellow posters on this thread! Thanks for all your posts, comments, thoughts and humour!

martha

Post by martha »

Swordie, you're doing fantastically! What a great way to start 2022 👍🤩🎊🎉🌟
Waiting for bunnies to appear in the fields.

Mudbucker

Post by Mudbucker »

Well done swordgirl, almost at the big 5-0!

I'm just on the cusp of 40 days and 40 nights- always thought that was an odd amount to make so significant, but then there's plenty I find much weirder in that particular book! Regardless, I have a full calendar month under my belt now, and will hit the Biblically approved time period shortly. Any excuse to notch up achievements is worthwhile at these early stages!

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

martha wrote:
01 Jan 2022 07:22
Swordie, you're doing fantastically! What a great way to start 2022 👍🤩🎊🎉🌟
Aww, thanks Martha! You’re doing really rather well yourself! Am well impressed! Sober and fit and healthy! I hope I get to where you are one day!
Mudbucker wrote:
01 Jan 2022 13:12
I'm just on the cusp of 40 days and 40 nights
Yes numbers are significant sometimes aren’t they? I was thinking about my 47 days today and that it’s a prime number on the 1st. Funny how we look for patterns/ meaning. Congratulations on getting to this milestone, you have stuck to your sobriety even when you’ve not been feeling too great and that takes commitment (::) ;)?

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

I meant to ask whether you managed to go for a walk Mudbucker? Hope you did and that you both enjoyed it ;)?

Mudbucker

Post by Mudbucker »

swordgirl. wrote:
01 Jan 2022 14:38
I meant to ask whether you managed to go for a walk Mudbucker? Hope you did and that you both enjoyed it ;)?
We did, thank you swordgirl.
As we pulled out of the drive, a fresh pothole wrecked the suspension in the car, so we didn't get to carry out our plans to pop by the house she was living in when we started going out (and which we were nearly trapped in for life a couple years back, but that's another story) or the spot where I officially proposed, but we did make it to outside the pub where we first met, 25 years ago practically to the minute. The fireworks all along the beach weren't going off for us, but they did tie in nicely!

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Morning!

Your walk sounded lovely Mudbucker, what a positive start to the New Year!

Still sober, declined a drink yesterday without any issues. Feeling dreadfully tired and grotty this morning. Got up at 6.15 but had to go back to bed :( Off to read about PAWS in case that’s what I’ve got.

Hope you have a great day everybody ;)?

TrueMe
Last Drink Date: 06 Jul 2014

Post by TrueMe »

Just finishing up day 28... not sleeping well at all but finally no constant thoughts of alcohol which is good. I know it will creep back in so trying to not become too complacent.

Hope everyone else is having a successful start to the new year.

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Yay TrueMe, well done on doing 4 weeks, so pleased for you! That is so good especially considering how you felt 4 weeks ago. Glad that the alcohol isn’t calling you as much as before, what a relief. I often feel that there is a wolf snapping at my heels when I stop. It hasn’t been as bad this time but I’m still very scared of failing. Let’s keep our guard up against the rotten stuff - Shields Up! As Tony used to say. Have a good day! Xx

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Morning Peeps
Mudbucker - saw your post on the wobble thread but it was a few hours later, I hope you managed ok? You certainly seemed to have put your positive strategies in play to ensure you were in control.

How is everyone? I’m up and have coffee but not achieved much yet. I have just made a massive list of things to do, the first one of which is exercise so I’d better get on the case. There are 15 things on my list in total. I could have done some of these before today but to be fair I have had a nice time chilling. Back to work tomorrow which has often been a trigger in the past so I will have to be cautious.

By the end of today I will have completed 7 weeks which is nice to know. I also managed to do all of December 2021 so I really should have joined the December thread but at the time I didn’t have the confidence to do so. I’m hoping that I can get through January and have started posting on more of the sobriety challenges in the hope it will reinforce my intentions. I’m already posting on 3 of them, would it be too much to post on another one as well?

Right, fitness activities beckon!

Mudbucker

Post by Mudbucker »

swordgirl. wrote:
03 Jan 2022 08:44
Mudbucker - saw your post on the wobble thread but it was a few hours later, I hope you managed ok? You certainly seemed to have put your positive strategies in play to ensure you were in control.
Thanks- I held up, but only really by shutting down. 'Jamas on, telly on, early bed!

Trojan
Last Drink Date: 09 Jun 2013

Post by Trojan »

Mudbucker, well done for holding out. In the early days, it takes what it takes to stay sober, and we all rely on some cut-outs to safeguard our sobriety. As time goes on and you find your feet, you can build a repertoire of healthy, alcohol-free activities ;)?

Swordgirl, congrats on passing the seven week mark \:)/ You are moving on from strength to strength :-D
Au milieu de l'hiver, j'apprenais enfin qu'il y avait en moi un été invincible.
#99 on the 2022 Challenge

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Trojan wrote:
03 Jan 2022 16:39
Swordgirl, congrats on passing the seven week mark You are moving on from strength to strength
Thank you Trojan ;)?

Mudbucker- don’t be modest! That’s a 'hell yeah' moment, you beat the addictive voice!

Anyhoo, no drinking for me as absolutely had to get today in the bag to keep up my little streak \:)/