Leslans
Last Drink Date: 10 Nov 2019

Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

Post by Leslans »

952D3F7D-5443-4106-9EBF-AC8A9C61492F.jpeg
952D3F7D-5443-4106-9EBF-AC8A9C61492F.jpeg (169.96 KiB) Viewed 721 times
AEF3FAFF-BDCF-45A5-8570-9D7894448DC2.jpeg
AEF3FAFF-BDCF-45A5-8570-9D7894448DC2.jpeg (146.64 KiB) Viewed 721 times
Morning girls........I’m sure we are all girls at the moment. I’ve just tried the Espa serum and it’s lovely. I’m positively glowing for nearly 60 😝😝😝😝😝. Feeling good and off to Manchester tonight to see Jack Whitehall at the Arena. We are about 20 miles away so I will happily drive in. Not long until I see my baby girl in France who isn’t home for Christmas 😢😢😢😢😢😢. I asked her last night how were the new guests who arrived yesterday. Apparently loads of kids hyper. Made me chuckle 😂😂

Anyway here’s a photo of where I’m off too and I can’t bloody wait. Wax up those skis 🎿 Day 42
"Don't look back, you're not going that way"

Cherry10
Last Drink Date: 02 Nov 2019

Post by Cherry10 »

LynnC wrote:
21 Dec 2019 21:18
:\:

Well done Cherry...seven weeks is excellent \:)/ \:)/ \:)/

Day 37
Thanks Lynn ;)?

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 »

Hi everyone \:)/
Love the pics, looks like an amazing place. Have a great time Leslans.
Hey JJ you are doing so well at all your Xmas events & doggie Xmas party sounds fun!
Day 50 for me...I got to 52 last time (just one tiny lapse of 2 small drinks) never mind am really pleased that I have done 102 sober days this year, a Xmas miracle (for me) ha ha

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

Hey Cherry you’re definitely on this and doing so well. I hope you keep going. I posted on the seveners this morning. For me all those periods of sobriety all built up a good feeling and enabled me to see how much better I felt without alcohol. I acknowledge that sometimes it’s not easy but building up sober time really really helps. I’ve lapsed a number of times but I’ve learned so much, being on here and also doing things sober.

Happy Sunday <:)>

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Day 83
Great day out with dogs at their Christmas party. Home now relaxing.
My gorgeous Christmas dogs
My gorgeous Christmas dogs
A5753121-C2F0-4671-94AB-339E9CEE8E6E.jpeg (59.75 KiB) Viewed 703 times
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Dalai Lama

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

Two beautiful dogs Jj. Most definitely mans best friend. The end of a good day. Night my friends <:)>

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Hope you had a great day yesterday at the concert leslans.
hi ho hi ho it’s off to work we go. Got a good team on but can see it far enough always hard at this time of year.
Got all my Christmas af drinks stocked up. Crondino is a new one from Italy an non alcoholic aperol a nice af fizz for Christmas Day. Just waiting for the sparking kombucha to come now!!!
Day 84 aka twelve weeks today.
What’s everyone else up to today? Whatever it is I hope it’s peaceful and full of festive cheer.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

Morning. Those AF drinks sound nice, not heard of either of them. Day 43. Feeling good, if not a little tired. Last few bits and pieces to do and then the theatre again tonight with my girlfriends. Seeing Adam Kay comedian, former A&E Doctor. Supposed to be very funny. Jack Whitehall was superb last night, couldn’t help but notice how many people were knocking back the drinks, totally unfazed though.

I’m grateful today for being sober and free from the anxiety which has followed me about when drinking. I’m grateful to have this chance again to live my life alcohol free and to have you lovely people here to help.

Have a good Monday everyone. Lynn, Cherry, Jj we can do this if we stick together. Over the years I’ve made some good friends on here and I’ve learned a lot. Winkler, Lushie, Mountainhare thank you 🙏 Hanging about sober people helps. <:)>

LynnC
First Sober Date: 16 May 1921

Post by LynnC »

Well don JJ 12 weeks is amazing \:)/ \:)/ \:)/

Went Christmas shopping with my daughter today, I’m going rounds hers for dinner, brought a couple of bottles of AF wine so I’m all prepared ;)?

Day 39

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Thanks Lynn each day mounts up well done on 39. Have a lovely meal with your daughter.
Christmas Eve eve it’s a lovely time of the year.
Must admit I had strong cravings driving home from work as not back till 27 th and in the old days would’ve enjoyed doing last minute wrapping with a glass of fizz. Except I remember last Christmas Eve waking up with a terrible hangover and anxiety to match. Tomorrow I will feel so much better than last year. Who knows when I’ll get my wrapping done so triggering for me. Instead I’m watching Christmas carol and having a bath. I will get through this and enjoy tomorrow.
Thought I would share I guess we will all have testing times. I was lucky I anticipated it and had plenty of AF fizz in.
Hold tight lovely three monthers
JJ
Dalai Lama

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Christmas Eve team. Just about to get up and get ready for today. Left all my wrapping til this morning. Will drown myself in tea. Survived last night watched Britney runs a marathon on Amazon prime great feel good movie about a girl who turns her life around. Tears streaming down my face loved it!
Have a great few days guys and I hope we all survive the highs and lows. Go team. I’ll be thinking of you guys.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 »

Hi lovely ladies
Hope you both enjoyed your evenings Lynn & Leslans.
Good call to leave the wrapping till morning JJ to beat those pesky triggers!
Day 52 for me & happy to be AF
Enjoy Xmas Eve \:)/

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

Morning girls. Day 44 and all good in soberland. I’m all ready. Visiting a few family members this morning before hubby finishes work at lunchtime. Then it’s “Carols round the Cross” in our village. There’s usually 100’s of people there but the forecast isn’t great. I’m really looking forward to a sober Christmas. One where I don’t fall asleep straight after lunch or forget to put out one of the vital parts of the meal.......like the starter!!!!!!

I hope you all stay strong and more importantly hope that alcohol doesn’t ruin your Christmas by pecking at your head trying to persuade you that you’d have a better time. Totally smash those thoughts..........it’s doesn’t make one jot of a difference, I’ve done a few and it really doesn’t. If anyone is really desperate AA always do meetings Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Night which are usually really lovely.

Have a great time <:)>

Wilson
Last Drink Date: 24 Nov 2019

Post by Wilson »

Day thirty 8-)

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Welcome Wilson merry Christmas
JJ
Dalai Lama

LynnC
First Sober Date: 16 May 1921

Post by LynnC »

I finished work early today ready for the Xmas break (::) hope everyone has a lovely time, including lots of good food \:)/

Well done Wilson on 30 days .... that’s excellent \:)/

Day 40

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 »

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all enjoy the festivities🎄⛄🎅
Day 53

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

Morning Ladies and now Wilson :D Day 45. A little bit flat if I’m honest but I think that’s more to do with the fact that my daughter is away. Hey it’s Christmas Day though and we have a couple of grans for lunch which is nice. I will be able to pick up my elderly mother and take her home which undoubtedly would have been an issue if I was drinking. My daughter normally does the honours.

Have a good day everyone. Happy Christmas <:)>

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Merry Christmas Lynn cherry leslans and Wilson my lovely sober Christmas mates.
Santa’s been and been very generous.
Got a houseful coming going to take the dogs for a walk first it’s a glorious day here.
Hope everyone has a lovely day and sobriety feels a bonus not an affliction
JJ
Dalai Lama

Wilson
Last Drink Date: 24 Nov 2019

Post by Wilson »

Merry Christmas to you also 👍😎

Love it when people get me a (troubled drinker) alcohol for Christmas haha. It’s only a 330ml San Miguel & glass.

Day 31 👍😎

Keep on 👍😎

Morning leslan 👍😎