Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 02 Nov 2019 06:29

Good morning off for a lovely day out with the dogs. Nice evening in the pub last night with hubby and friends even enjoying ordering the AF beer now I’ve done it a few times. Really was a good night. Didn’t miss it. Have a great weekend. Day 33. JJ
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Dalai Lama

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 02 Nov 2019 11:38

Jj123 wrote:
31 Oct 2019 11:24
Mackintosh wrote:
31 Oct 2019 09:02
Morning everyone.....well done JJ and cherry!!
So sorry Lesians you did so very well...jump back up onto that wagon <:)>
Good day riding yesterday and rounded the day off with the new Terminator movie 😊
Have a good one guys. happy-halloween-starry-night-pumpkin-jack-o-lantern-animated-gif-image.gif
I bet riding is the bees knees for blowing the cobwebs away Macintosh?
It's a fabulous way to escape from it all 😊
Sobriety is not an anchor, it's a pair of wings.

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 02 Nov 2019 11:45

Morning peeps....busy getting ready for the dressage test tomorrow 😮
Disappointing rugby result but at least we got to the final.
Off to walk the dogs now, tack to clean and hopefully time for a swim later.
Enjoy the weekend guys.
Day 54

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 03 Nov 2019 07:41

Mackintosh good luck for your dressage test today. We had a great day yesterday me and the dogs at a competition and another day training today. Love time out with the dogs magic. What’s everyone else up to today. Weekends rule. Love the clear heads in the morning.
Day 34.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Cherry10
Last Drink Date: 02 Nov 2019

Post by Cherry10 » 03 Nov 2019 13:33

Hey guys
Sorry to report that the wheels came off for me yesterday :o I had 2 (very) small glasses of wine at dinner. TBH I think it was inevitable for me as this has been my first attempt at sobriety & I almost made it to 2 months, so I'm still happy that I got that far. I'm not going back to day 1 yet as it is OH birthday weekend after next & I am sure I will have a couple that day (but def nothing in-between now & then). Still feeling positive for an AF future & hope to have my day 1 again in 2 weeks time. Will miss you guys, but you are all doing fantastic so keep fighting the good fight & I will drop in again soon. <:)> (::) :\:

Dougal
First Sober Date: 21 Sep 2019

Post by Dougal » 03 Nov 2019 15:29

Hey Mackintosh, how’d the dressage go? Looking forward to getting out competing again.....once my broken bits are healed and I regain strength and fitness. I do get so stressed though, maybe that aspect will be better with less ‘fog’? 44 days now for me but have had the feeling of a hangover all day.....I think the culprit is dark chocolate, which I don’t even like just needed something else for my Sat night. That’ll teach me!

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 04 Nov 2019 06:00

Dougal whatbits are broken? Hope they mend soon and you can get back to riding soon.
Macintosh hope your dressage went well? Looks so beautiful and such a bond between rider and horse. I am inspired.
I used to ride maybe with my newfound sobriety it’s something I could get back into.
I compete with my dogs and that keeps me busy outside work which is full on but enjoyable.
Up early for the airport and work meal out tonight. Should be fine I think have already told my friend I’m off the drink!
Cherry hope you are okay and Hubby’s birthday goes well you stacked up so many sober days.
Have a great day team
JJ
Dalai Lama

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 04 Nov 2019 09:24

Morning all, hope you're ok cherry and do keep popping in we will miss you.
The dressage was awful yesterday, the horse had other ideas in his head and did a great impression of a giraffe and fought me all the way 🤔 I felt like a complete idiot and was really quite upset though kept it in till I got home. Felt really down but the upside us that I didn't reach for the bottle!!
Anyway it's another day and a new week...must fit in a swim today.
Day 56

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 05 Nov 2019 07:26

Sorry to hear about your test Macintosh it’s really hard when they don’t go as we know they can. I had two poor competitions with my dogs at the weekend both really bombing. Pits you back when you train so hard.
Day 36
Have a great day guys.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 05 Nov 2019 21:12

Better day today...had time for a swim and a nice relax in the sauna and jacuzzi 😉
Sorry to hear about your disappointment with the dogs JJ, better luck next time.
Hope everyone had a good day.
Day 57

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 06 Nov 2019 18:40

Rainy day home now after a couple of days away with work. Managed to negotiate two nights out with the help of AF beer!! Was okay. Exhausted now early night for me. How is everyone else doing?
Day 37
JJ
Dalai Lama

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 06 Nov 2019 20:15

Glad to hear you had a good couple of days away..JJ...never tried alcohol free beer 🤔
Good day here...riding this morning with a good friend. Thought I was trapped in a carwash this evening as it stopped halfway through 🤣
How are you doing Dougal...not overdosed on the choccy I hope 😉
Time for an Indian takeaway and curl up in front of the tv.

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 07 Nov 2019 08:09

Car wash sounds scary! Macintosh. Curry and curl up sounds great.
I’ve woken up with a sore eye hopefully get an emergency appointment at opticians very frustrating. Put the scuppers on my day.
Was going to train dogs but just can’t concentrate when eye won’t open.
Day 38 however getting prouder by the day of the days stacking up.
Have a great day guys.
Dougal how are you.
Dalai Lama

Dougal
First Sober Date: 21 Sep 2019

Post by Dougal » 07 Nov 2019 19:01

Hi all,
I feel your dressage pain Mackintosh.......hopefully you got some encouraging comments from the judges too, was it BD? JJ, I broke my ankle, bones are healed but all the soft tissue is still very sore, agony at times actually. Proper riding I can’t yet do.......sitting on my million year old mare and going for a short hack is ok.
I think I am going to have to lay off chocolate - giving me terrible headaches, like really bad!
Delighted to report I have just returned from a funeral where the meeting place was the pub and had a glass of port thrust in my hand. I held it for a while, did the cheers thing and pretended to have a sip (didn’t) then gave it to some random stranger who happily polished it off! Genius! (::) At the wake had an alcohol free beer, talked to a few folk that’d I’d not seen for ages, then made my ‘gotto go and get the horses in and walk the dogs before it gets too dark’ excuse, and have left them all to it. Very pleased with self!
Have black tie do at the weekend, not feeling enthusiastic about that.......
Day 47 and holding strong!

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 07 Nov 2019 21:45

Well done dougal fantastic job with the port. Impressive. Soo tired at the moment and can’t stop eating sweets. This is so frustrating as I’ve just spent 6 months loosing three stone at weight watchers worked so hard and don’t want to put it on again. However realise that sobriety comes first.
6 weeks approaching fast. That is the important thing. Good luck team. Helps do much having you alongside. JJ
Dalai Lama

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 08 Nov 2019 10:11

Good morning :\:
Excellent work with the port Dougal well impressed. The dressage was just at our halloween yard show so nothing too grand. I'm not a confident rider so doing these things are great leaps forward for me.
Jj I seem to have a sweeter tooth since quitting the booze....it's tough keeping the weight in check isn't it. Hopefully the swimming is helping me.
Better kick on with the day.
Day 60!!!!
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (423.02 KiB) Viewed 544 times

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 » 08 Nov 2019 12:17

Hi Mackintosh, Dougal & JJ
Day 6 & back on the 7 day thread. I feel rather silly now for caving in last weekend, never mind I have decided to give it my all this time!
You guys are doing sooo well. I know what you mean JJ about the sweet tooth, I am the same but I suppose it's the lesser of the 2 evils!
Have a good weekend \:)/

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 08 Nov 2019 20:11

Nice to hear from you cherry well done in getting right back on it. Another big competition tomorrow for my spaniel fingers crossed goes better
JJ
Dalai Lama

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 » 08 Nov 2019 20:24

Thanks JJ & good luck for tomorrow ;)?

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 08 Nov 2019 21:15

Thanks cherry
Dalai Lama