Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

LynnC
First Sober Date: 18 Oct 1920

Post by LynnC »

:\:

Hope everyone is having a lovely time. I got through Xmas dinner and the afternoon at my daughters AF and now I’m back home save and sound (::) I can’t remember the last time that I had a sober Xmas .....it’s been a lot of years

Day 41

Leslans
Last Drink Date: 10 Nov 2019

Post by Leslans »

Morning. Good to see you Wilson, great having you on board. We’re doing ok in this room and moving along quite steadily. I hope you all had a good day Cherry, Jj and Lynn.

A relatively quiet one which started off kind of wobbly as we visited my stepson and his wife and our 1 year old grandson. Champagne was flowing at 9.30 am and I was the only one not drinking. I certainly didn’t want one but it was just that feeling of exclusion. We didn’t stay there for Christmas lunch and from the Instagram videos later on it was clear it was an extremely boozy day. I was thinking how I would have been if we had stayed there. No doubt this morning I would feel horrendous, probably anxious as I would be worried about my behaviour. My husband would probably be frosty with me because I would have gone completely over the top..........or alternatively I would have crashed out at about 8.00 pm and not even seen Christmas Day Night. Anyway our day was very sedate with our two elderly mothers and I enjoyed the FaceTime call from my daughter who was skiing yesterday in a very sunny French Alps.

So I’m up early because my hubby has stupidly decided to drive 30 miles to the sales :roll: No I’ve not gone with him as we still have a Granny with us but I’m sipping a nice hot cup of tea and feeling relieved it’s over. No matter what I may think about alcohol, this addictive drug will have been in pretty much everyone’s household yesterday and it’s a little bit tough swimming against the tide!!!!!! But we did it. Just NYE to get through now and I’m grateful to be sober today. Really grateful.

Have a good Boxing Day........hey Wilson this will all be different for you next year with a little one floating around 🥰. Stay strong guys, lovely to chat as ever <:)>
"Don't look back, you're not going that way"

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Well done Lynn and leslans. What an achievement. Cherry and Wilson how did your day go.
Well Christmas Day done as always with me the big social days are turning out to be easier than the day to day grind of missing it. So it was a wonderful day. 15 round the table the eldest being 99. All went well but I’m exhausted as went to bed at two. Drove the last few guests home at midnight then read a wonderful book together with my son “ the boy the mole the fox and the horse “ it’s a beautiful book and full of such wise and helpful words. This was so wonderful as I would never normally be in the moment for my boy. By the time I did a bit of clearing up it was 2am. So glad to be in the not drinking/ hardly drinking camp! Even got quite a few of the oldies onto the frexinet 0.
Anyway round two today my cousin (more like sister) and her five kids are coming round for more fun. Better get up and get going.
Day 87
JJ
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Dalai Lama

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

Well done Jj. Sounds like and exhausting day :o :o quiet one really here except for a walk round our local National Trust park which has a beautiful lights show on this evening. The sad news is that my wonderful border terrier is deteriorating which is heartbreaking to see. We will go for a nice walk with her in her buggy this morning and let her have an amble round sniffing and smelling the local wildlife. She does however perk up when I start rustling the silver foil around the turkey 😀

Have a good day <:)>

Cherry10
Last Drink Date: 02 Nov 2019

Post by Cherry10 »

Morning JJ, Leslans, Lynn and welcome Wilson
Good to hear everyone got thru the day ok. Mine was very quiet just me, the hubby & the pooch. Dinner was lovely & I had some AF wine which I really enjoyed, otherwise not bothered about the booze.
Aww sorry to hear about your lovely doggie Leslans, must be a difficult time.
Off out to the sales today.
Day 54 \:)/

Wilson
Last Drink Date: 24 Nov 2019

Post by Wilson »

Not going to lie.
Had strong urge to buy special brew & get faded.
Managed to get j2o instead.
Tough as medication is working along with not drinking, anxiety is being beaten.
Hopefully drinking urge will pass....
Got to have a long sober spell as child on the way.
Keep on 👍😎
Day thirty two

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Well done cherry and Wilson.
Wilson when is baby due?
Leslans sorry to hear wee dog not so well. Great he still can enjoy sniffing around. Dogs best thing ever sniffing. Someone said to me think of your life without alcohol like living your life like a dog. Guess we might like to sniff different things though. Definitely something about slowing down and living in The moment. “Wake up and smell the roses”
Thanks lovely sober friends you help so much.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

July but dunno really until scan

LynnC

Post by LynnC »

Sorry to hear about your dog leslans, it must be difficult knowing that his health is deteriorating

Well done Wilson on choosing the j2o over alcohol.... and congrats on the baby news \:)/

Well I got through the bank holidays AF , so I’m really pleased about that, although today I’ve felt really low in mood, don’t know if that’s related, I have struggled with my mental health for a while now, and I seem to slip quite easily and quickly into an awful morose state which takes me ages to shake off .... hopefully I feel better soon

Hope everyone had a lovely time over the holidays ... now to focus on getting through the new year celebrations and starting January sober \:)/

Back to work for me tomorrow... just one day then it’s the weekend \:)/

Day 42

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Sorry to feel you are feeling low Lynn. I think getting through the festive period AF is a huge emotional drain bit we should all feel so proud of doing it. Someone said something very interesting on the site. Those who don’t have a problem with drinking don’t need a drink and those who need a drink need to stop. It’s so clear when you are alcohol free who is who. It’s such a powerful drug especially as society glamorises it to such a ridiculous degree and it is some feat to break free. No wonder it’s tough Lynn. I’m sooo tired at the moment and I know it’s down to the emotional effort to keep off it.
Yesterday was another big party but much easier than Christmas Day as non drinkers mainly. Now I’m back to work but then 10 days off so can’t wait for that.
Happy Christmas lovely three monthers I can’t say how much your support has meant to me.
Just realised that I’m on day 88 and will be moving up to the six month thread soon.
Take care have a great day guys.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

Morning peeps. Lynn your feelings are very normal. Take a look at the thread PAWS. It maybe under the mental health one. I go through those periods too, generally only a day and occasionally a couple of hours. We become vulnerable and it is absolutely essential you speak about it. Many on here have lots of experience. The Road to Abstinence is a great thread and some long timers on there have a wealth of experience and are always willing to give support.

I’m glad to see you swerved the temptation Wilson. You know how it works, you’ve done loads of good stints. You have it within you to do this........but then you know that. We have to really want it don’t we. When is the scan? Exciting times.

Watch that tiredness Jj, huge trigger.......HALT Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. You’ve worked so hard to make this a great Christmas for lots of people. When you have your 10 days off it would be good for you to have some “me” time.

Well done Cherry you seem to have all bases covered. It’s good isn’t it when we are a group doing this together, and now we have the notoriously naughty Wilson on board our lives will be entertaining.........in a nice way 😊😊

Well I’m off to take my little dog to the vets this morning. She’s not great but with more meds she maybe ok for a while. A 9 hole golf competition at midday then we have our grandson overnight. So Friday all planned out 😀

Have a good day everybody <:)>

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

Always forget......day 47 <:)>

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 »

Morning everyone and congratulations Wilson! \:)/
Got a weird rash on my neck so off to the GP this morning
Day 55 have a good day all :\:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Thanks cherry.
Just waiting to hear from hospital.

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 »

Hope it's all good news Wilson.
GP said my neck rash is probably down to my new vitamin a cream, so nothing serious!
OH has had a rotten cold over Xmas so he hasn't been drinking which has been a great help to me.
Hope everyone having a nice evening & shields up for the weekend ☺️

LynnC

Post by LynnC »

Thank you for your kind words .... I really appreciate the support from everyone on this site <:)>

Day 43

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 »

Morning all Day 56
Hope your feeling better Lynn
Have a good Saturday everyone

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

We’re all in this together Lynn cherry leslans and Wilson. Keep on going. Day at a time.
Energetic morning with park run ouch felt every bit of cheese and dog training with a really great friend. We talked a bit about my drinking and why I’ve stopped and how I want it to be for good. She was lovely non judgemental and supportive.
Day 89.
D8BD1825-A532-4725-BB2A-AB9DD90AF202.jpeg
D8BD1825-A532-4725-BB2A-AB9DD90AF202.jpeg (30.92 KiB) Viewed 626 times
Attachments
09506BBF-F4BE-49C3-A172-8067BE4FAF99.jpeg
09506BBF-F4BE-49C3-A172-8067BE4FAF99.jpeg (33.28 KiB) Viewed 626 times
Dalai Lama

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

Lovely photos Jj, it’s good to share.

I’m really low today. Struggling. I won’t drink, I will get through it but I’m very withdrawn. I just want to feel ok. It’s awful when you feel like I do. So empty and alone. I hate it. Anyway I will go have a look around the site <:)>

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 »

Love the doggie pics JJ...must feel good that your friend was so understanding ;)?
Hey Leslans sorry to hear that you are feeling down today. Hope those feelings soon pass & get back to your positive self.
Been feeling a bit flat & bored today too...maybe the planets are squaring up. I'm a big astrology fan!
Here are lots of hugs to all of us & hope tomorrow will be a better day
<:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)>