Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

Dougal
First Sober Date: 21 Sep 2019

Post by Dougal » 08 Nov 2019 21:46

Hi Cherry, good to see you back!
C’mon Mr/s spaniel , go strut ur stuff (is it agility?)
Giving up the booze is not a guarantee of weight loss, I dropped a stone and a half pre soberness, and gained half a stone since - but haven’t been able to do much due accident so inevitable really - especially due to my new found passion for ‘Ben and Jerrys’! Never mind, lesser of 2 evils indeed.
It seems my employer has become rather irritated at my long term sick status.....so has verbally (on the phone) terminated my contract! (I’m not being paid anything whilst off) Nice to feel valued (w) almost cried. Very nearly opened a bottle of something (anything!) but didn’t - Jees, some folk have no idea how fragile an individual might be.
Black tie do tomorrow.....oh god, but it’s day 50 tomorrow so I’m celebrating that and my new unemployed status with cranberry juice!

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 09 Nov 2019 06:53

Dougal that is sooo tough you are doing so well not reaching for the bottle. Impressive. People have absolutely no idea.
It’s trialling for my little miss!
Have a great time at your black tie event. You’ll feel amazing tomorrow for being on the cranberry.
Congrats on day 50. I’m day 40 today. Both big achievements.
See you soon. Jx
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Dalai Lama

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 09 Nov 2019 08:58

Dougal so sorry to hear about your job, super well done for not reaching for that bottle. Good luck with the black tie do later....you'll smash it !
Good luck with your spaniel today JJ 🍀
Great to see you Cherry so glad you're back on track.
Amazing achievement Jj and Dougal 40 and 50 days (::)
Nothing to report here...but that's good isn't it ?!
Day 61
Sobriety is not an anchor, it's a pair of wings.

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 10 Nov 2019 07:36

Spaniel did okay but no silverware I’ll keep plugging on. Busy day today. Out for parkrun with my son this morning then training day with dogs. My lovely nephew is coming for curry tonight so will be rushing around to fit everything in.
The trigger time after a day like today is normally when I get home and stop about 8pm but I’ve bought this AF spirit called free spirit on line and it gives me something to fix up as a distraction. It tastes really nice and I use a big balloon glass so I feel like it’s a grown up drink. Working for those real trigger times so far.
What do you guys use to get through the trigger times?
Keep on guys and have a Lovely Sunday
JJ
Dalai Lama

Dougal

Post by Dougal » 10 Nov 2019 08:33

JJ, competing with any animal requires such commitment doesn’t it. Just to take part is massive! Your time for silverware will come and each step to get there has to be commended! Each time I get out with my horse in my trailer, compete to a standard that I’m at least not ashamed of, and get back home again is success enough for me, and I now give myself a massive pat on the back for even that - no matter what happens with my placement!
Black tie do was a success, had a really good time. Bit awkward initially with the questions over why I didn’t have a glass of champagne as was offered when we arrived but it soon got forgotten and what I really enjoyed was moving around a a big group of people (without wobbling!) and having meaningful conversations. And then I won (raffle) a bottle of Prosecco and 4 really lovely champagne flutes! Of all the people that could win the Prosecco! Going to buy myself some ‘non-secco’ of whatever it’s called to go in my very lovely glasses!
Feeling fabulous this morning......to hell with the job, was bored of it anyway! Going out for a little clippity clop on my neddy with hubby this am - life is good, hurrah!
Trigger times for me are lessening, and I just have a nice cup of tea.....so English!
Love to hear what you think about the ‘Free Sririt’ - have been toying with it myself..
Have a great Sunday ;)?

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 10 Nov 2019 08:46

Well done dougal that’s awesome what an achievement irony about the Prosecco.
Dalai Lama

Cherry10
Last Drink Date: 02 Nov 2019

Post by Cherry10 » 11 Nov 2019 11:41

Just saying hi guys...& Happy Monday :\:

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 11 Nov 2019 13:17

Hi cherry happy Monday to you too. How are you doing
JJ
Dalai Lama

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 12 Nov 2019 00:57

:\: Hi cherry....how are you?

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 12 Nov 2019 11:33

Morning team.
Busy morning so far up at crack of dawn ( well even before it was pitch black ) to train dogs. Good session then eye appointment bought a couple of birthday presents sneaky wee roll and sausage for breakfast now off to work.
Big competition on Friday working our socks off for it. If there were prizes for effort we’d romp home.
What’s everyone else up to today?
Day 43 into the seventh week.
Bring it on.
Still sleeping sooo much and can’t get enough in bed at 8pm last night.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 12 Nov 2019 13:14

Hi there keeping my fingers crossed for you JJ.
Spending some quality time with my son today...off to see Zombieland double tap 😱
Have a good day all 😊
Day 64

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 12 Nov 2019 14:35

Zombieland double tap?!?
Dalai Lama

Cherry10
Last Drink Date: 02 Nov 2019

Post by Cherry10 » 12 Nov 2019 16:11

Am doing good day 10 now & happy to be keeping on. Glad to see you guys are doing so well (::)

Dougal

Post by Dougal » 12 Nov 2019 20:49

Hello all,
I’m just back from seeing my young horse (who’s at a pro’s event yard whilst I mend and get riding fit again) He’s looking fabulous, they are doing some amazing things together. Spurs (ha!) me on to continue along on my AF journey to be better both physically and mentally. I can definitely think more clearly now than I can remember.....do you feel this? I am generally much more calm and patient too, plus sleep like a log, which I haven’t for about 30 years! This is one amazing journey!!

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 12 Nov 2019 20:50

Yeah cherry you sound great jj
Dalai Lama

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 12 Nov 2019 20:53

Dougal wrote:
12 Nov 2019 20:49
Hello all,
I’m just back from seeing my young horse (who’s at a pro’s event yard whilst I mend and get riding fit again) He’s looking fabulous, they are doing some amazing things together. Spurs (ha!) me on to continue along on my AF journey to be better both physically and mentally. I can definitely think more clearly now than I can remember.....do you feel this? I am generally much more calm and patient too, plus sleep like a log, which I haven’t for about 30 years! This is one amazing journey!!
Interesting my dog trainer said he’d noticed a difference in how calm I am with my dogs doesn’t know about the drinking but could be why.
Just need to see the results with the spaniel now!!!
Your young horse sounds fabulous is it three day eventing you do dougal?
Jj
Dalai Lama

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 14 Nov 2019 06:19

Morning team.
Terrible cold for me and still so tired.
Day 45 though and in a week I’ll be 50 yrs old!!! Eeek
Have are great day any riding going on today? When will you get back to it dougal?
JJ
Dalai Lama

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 14 Nov 2019 08:56

Morning all....hope your cold gwts better soon Jj and you'll be amazing at 50 😉
I was riding yesterday had a great session with my coach. CBT session in the afternoon ....that's helping a bit I think but really I'm a tad disappointed I do seem to achieve more on my own, but every little helps I guess.
A little quality time with my folks today and a swim later on. Have just signed up for a charity swim next year..22 miles 😊
Have a great day team.
Day 66

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 14 Nov 2019 20:34

Macintosh 22 mile swim that seems a very long way. How long is the channel? Some effort. The days are fair wracking up now guys what are your overall goals. Mine for the first time is forever!!! There it’s out there but I’m taking each day and challenge at a time and the 100 day challenge is my first goal. I’ve done 6/12s before but that’s all it ever was and I went back to old habits pretty quick. Good luck to you all.
Spaniel trial tomorrow!!
JJ
Dalai Lama

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 15 Nov 2019 18:54

How’s everyone’s day been.
Loving the fact fridays aren’t such an issue anymore.
Great day with spaniel but no silverware.
Day 46. Happy days.
JJ
Dalai Lama