Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 16 Nov 2019 09:45

Good day yesterday, polework clinic with the horse, swimming and dinner at mum and dad's.
Happy days with the spaniel Jj.
Have a good weekend all 😊
Day 68
Sobriety is not an anchor, it's a pair of wings.

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 16 Nov 2019 11:11

Glad to hear you had a great day Macintosh
Polework clinic sounds brilliant.
Day 68 awesome
Dougal cherry what are you up to?
Off to personal shopper to get dress for party never done it before quite excited.
JJ
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Dalai Lama

Dougal
First Sober Date: 21 Sep 2019

Post by Dougal » 16 Nov 2019 13:37

Disaster......dislocated my hip - putting a lead on one of my dogs! That simple - it is a replacement, and been in place nearly 4 years with no probs. So, that’s me grounded for a bit (w)
Think my inactivity (due ankle fracture) is a contributing factor. Deary me! Haven’t even considered having a drink as feeling really rotten, and have a stinking cold too! Plus I had such a cocktail of heavy duty drugs since Thurs pm, I’m only just starting to feel ‘normal’. Going to seethe ortho guy who gave me the replacement to see what is the way forward. I wonder if it might no longer be eventing! I did do a bit of eventing (one day) but more recently concentrating on dressage, though the horse is a natural and willing jumper......
Anyway - things will improve. Can’t wait to get back to my clinics Macintosh, I learn so much from everyone else too and usually so much camaraderie amongst the horsey folk! I might have to get back to swimming too, perhaps would help with my current issues!
I wonder how your shopping experience went JJ and well done with the trials. Are you doing anything nice for your 50th? I ran away for mine....didn’t want the fuss, went horse riding in Tuscany.
Starting to feel like I don’t ever want a drink again, this is good - right?

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 16 Nov 2019 14:09

OMG dougal that’s horrific about your hip. Glad it makes you want to be alcohol free forever though.
Hope you are able to get some rest.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Cherry10
Last Drink Date: 02 Nov 2019

Post by Cherry10 » 16 Nov 2019 16:35

Dougal wrote:
16 Nov 2019 13:37
Disaster......dislocated my hip - putting a lead on one of my dogs! That simple - it is a replacement, and been in place nearly 4 years with no probs. So, that’s me grounded for a bit (w)
Think my inactivity (due ankle fracture) is a contributing factor. Deary me! Haven’t even considered having a drink as feeling really rotten, and have a stinking cold too! Plus I had such a cocktail of heavy duty drugs since Thurs pm, I’m only just starting to feel ‘normal’. Going to seethe ortho guy who gave me the replacement to see what is the way forward. I wonder if it might no longer be eventing! I did do a bit of eventing (one day) but more recently concentrating on dressage, though the horse is a natural and willing jumper......
Anyway - things will improve. Can’t wait to get back to my clinics Macintosh, I learn so much from everyone else too and usually so much camaraderie amongst the horsey folk! I might have to get back to swimming too, perhaps would help with my current issues!
I wonder how your shopping experience went JJ and well done with the trials. Are you doing anything nice for your 50th? I ran away for mine....didn’t want the fuss, went horse riding in Tuscany.
Starting to feel like I don’t ever want a drink again, this is good - right?
Hey Dougal get well soon

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 » 16 Nov 2019 16:39

Hey guys you are all smashing it (::)
It is my OH birthday weekend. We had a day at the seaside when we would usually have many many drinks but although i was sorely tempted managed to stay AF. Hope you all enjoy the weekend :D

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 16 Nov 2019 18:08

Well done cherry
Dalai Lama

Dougal

Post by Dougal » 16 Nov 2019 20:33

Hey Cherry, that’s amazing - good on you. Even better tomorrow morning! (::)

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 18 Nov 2019 08:22

Dougal how are you doing now hopefully the pain has settled a bit?
Day 49 here two sleeps til the big 50.
So I’ll be 51 days sober on my 50 th birthday. Think it’s the best birthday present I could give to myself.
Today will mainly be spent with dogs and eating lunch!!!
Have a great one team 2/3monthers
JJ
Dalai Lama

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 18 Nov 2019 08:43

Morning guys....shocked to hear about your hip dougal I hope you're feeling better.
Sounds like a great day you have planned Jj 😊
Swimming for me today.
Have a good one.
Day 70 \:)/

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 18 Nov 2019 08:52

Day 70 Macintosh that’s fantastic.
Enjoy your swim.
Sooo cold here today
JJ
Dalai Lama

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 20 Nov 2019 06:59

51 days sober and 50 today.
Just about to have breakfast in bed.
Out with dogs then work should be nice to have a bit of pampering there!!
Then a bottle of af fizz and presents in the evening.
Today I feel so much gratitude and so happy to be hear af
Thanks my lovely 3 months.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Sammie
Last Drink Date: 26 Oct 2018

Post by Sammie » 20 Nov 2019 07:06

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JJ \:)/ (::) <:)> . Enjoy the fabulous day you have planned xx
lions are sober. Be like a lion 🦁

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 20 Nov 2019 07:54

Happy birthday Jj have a fantastic day!! 🎂🎈🎁
Congratulations on day 51 \:)/
Riding lesson with an old friend this afternoon so should be fun, then a swim. Hoping you are ok Dougal?
Day 72

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 21 Nov 2019 20:35

Thanks Macintosh had a great day. Soo tired today straight to bed after work managed to Hall myself to Pilates! Here now but asleep in my feet. Anyway made it past my big 50 so Next hurdle is my party next Saturday. This has been a big worry for me since I started as there are 60 people coming and most don’t know I’m sober. Hope the night isn’t full of excuses and constant discussions around it. Just need to get through it and hopefully enjoy it. It was planned way before I knew I was going af.
One thing I know is I won’t drink at it.
Day 52
Have a great day toMorrow team
JJ
Dalai Lama

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 » 22 Nov 2019 16:10

Happy belated birthday JJ :D
Hope all you guys are ok
Happy Friday

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 22 Nov 2019 21:30

Hi cherry
Lovely to see you you are doing so well.
Well in bed after 15 hour day 5 hour round trip and full on training day with the dogs. It was awesome but shattered now. Had big trigger when I got in hungry and tired but soup and AF beer ( morretti) got me through.
Also heard back from the hotel where my party is that I can bring my own AF drinks to the party. Club sober have some great ideas.
Day 53 and 1 week today until the big party!!!
Had a difficult conversation today with a friend who is A very occasional drinker. She couldn’t understand why I wouldn’t have a drink at my party and I started to explain to her and I could tell she didn’t understand the “ it’s just easier for me, it’s become an unhealthy habit , I’m not good at stopping at 1 or 2 like you” but why would she. Proud to have even practiced these conversations. She ended up saying good for you a lovely friend.
The other breakthrough is my OH who continues to drink in moderation 1 glass with his tea a few times a week brought me the aforementioned moretti beer after hearing me say I liked it.
Baby steps but feels like my sobriety is slowing changing the world around me too.
Thanks my lovely friends. Dougal are you okay how’s your hip? Macintosh any riding today?
Take care
JJ
Dalai Lama

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 25 Nov 2019 06:36

Hi guys you okay. Hope everyone had a good weekend?
Day 56 today 5 sleeps til my party
JJ
Dalai Lama

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 25 Nov 2019 09:47

:\: morning all.
Had a couple of days away in London. Went to the Royal Albert Hall, was amazing. Oxford street shopping yesterday and visited the Animals in War memorial....brought a tear to my eye.
Glad your preparations for the party are going well, I ended up doing very little for my 50th a few years ago but hey ho.
It's difficult isn't it seeing old friends who always knew you as a drinker and cannot understand why you're not drinking, have a few of those conversations to get through myself.
Hoping everyone is well.
Day 77

Dougal

Post by Dougal » 25 Nov 2019 11:35

Hello all,
I’m sorry to not have wished you JJ a very happy 50th on the right day! Party sounds great, if anything like the ‘do’ situations that I’ve been in - people tend to not even notice what you’re drinking. You might have a few questions but then you get left alone whilst they get stuck into the wine etc on offer. I find I’m much more able to be chatty and fun, sober as I can think clearly! It’s a revelation! And you’ll remember everything, and that’s priceless!
It’s all a bit yeuck in my life with one thing and another (hip mostly) and my cold has turned into sinusitis hence my silence! I’m also in a hip brace thing and under orders to do as little as possible for 4 weeks then physio.......no horse riding until the 20 something of Jan when I see the hip man again! I’m so upset this has all happened but I will get well, fit and strong In the future. What I really don’t want is to drink, I’m starting to think I may never do so again. I’ve been to my local pub a couple of times and drank AF beer - there’s been a bit of sniggering but mostly people get on with tucking into their own pints and leave me alone.....and I can hold sensible conversations with anyone, it’s a revelation!
Went to see my neddy compete yesterday under his temp pro rider (dressage) They won both their classes with good scores! He was clipped and plaited beautifully, looked absolutely stunning. He’s a big lad and a real head turner anyway, I was so proud, especially as I started this horse from a 4 yr old.
So much to look forward to, just a rather large bump in the road to get over for a while yet!
Hope you all have a great week, thanks for all being here.
Big hugs all round. <:)>