Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

Post by LynnC »

:\:

Day 49

ExiledHighlander
Last Drink Date: 30 Nov 2019

Post by ExiledHighlander »

Day 33 but those bloody cravings are gnawing away at me again tonight. Go away and leave me alone please! Time for some more aerated water!
"If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse." - unknown

"If I'm an alcoholic, I shouldn't drink. If I'm not, I don't need to." - Caroline Knapp

Maria
Last Drink Date: 13 Jul 2019
First Sober Date: 14 Jul 2019

Post by Maria »

Stay strong Exiled,,keep that hangover free feeling in your head ;)?
Never stop trying... Never stop believing .. Never give up .. Your day will come !

Maria

Post by Maria »

Day 34 ,hope you got through Exiled,how is everyone else doing?
Never stop trying... Never stop believing .. Never give up .. Your day will come !

ExiledHighlander

Hi Maria,

I did get through it - thanks!

The real test for me will be when I get back to London on business and the work stress and peer pressure kicks in - but I plan to warn them all beforehand that I'm not drinking and they're mature enough to respect that...mostly (w) :)

Hope everyone is doing well!!
"If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse." - unknown

"If I'm an alcoholic, I shouldn't drink. If I'm not, I don't need to." - Caroline Knapp

Cherry10
Last Drink Date: 02 Nov 2019

Post by Cherry10 »

Hey guys checking in on day 62 :\:

Leslans
Last Drink Date: 10 Nov 2019

Post by Leslans »

Day 54 for me. It’s not been a good few days but I’m fine. Hope you are all ok 😊
"Don't look back, you're not going that way"

LynnC
First Sober Date: 18 Oct 1920

Post by LynnC »

:\:

Well done everyone on getting through the last few days , it seems like we all found it tricky one way or another \:)/

Day 50

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

Day 55. No wine wobbles here, but 25 year marriage certainly tested :o :o Won’t go there too much but suffice to say New Years Day wasn’t the best following dodgy text messages on husbands phone. All sorted but my sobriety has been fully tested and survived unscathed. Relationship is intact but flipping heck 😵😵

Anyway I’m feeling good, great night at stepsons last night. Just chatting and a bite to eat. Others all drinking probably a bottle of wine each but I was fine. I had a good laugh which wS certainly what the doctor ordered <:)>

Happy Saturday everyone :D

ExiledHighlander

Well done on all fronts Lesians! Day 35 here - but I had to think about that a bit to work it out. After a couple of bad days, last night was, thankfully, pretty straightforward. Weight down 3kg too although that should be more but too much bloody chocolate (and too many carbs in general) to hit my 1kg a week target. It’s progress though.

Maria

Post by Maria »

Glad you worked it out Exiled ,day 35 it is then \:)/ Well done on the weight loss , I succumbed to chocolate last night,a bit fed up .but really need to lose a stone .. ()o
Off for a short jog to shift it .
Have a good one all ...
Well done to you Leslans,tis difficult when all are drinking (::)

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Leslans wrote:
04 Jan 2020 08:32
Day 55. No wine wobbles here, but 25 year marriage certainly tested :o :o Won’t go there too much but suffice to say New Years Day wasn’t the best following dodgy text messages on husbands phone. All sorted but my sobriety has been fully tested and survived unscathed. Relationship is intact but flipping heck 😵😵

Anyway I’m feeling good, great night at stepsons last night. Just chatting and a bite to eat. Others all drinking probably a bottle of wine each but I was fine. I had a good laugh which wS certainly what the doctor ordered <:)>

Happy Saturday everyone :D
Gosh leslans that sounds very intense and difficult glad it’s all sorted now and a good laugh was had. Well done for avoiding the alcohol not long till skiing
Take care
JJ
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Dalai Lama

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 »

Day 63
Good to see everyone getting thru
Shields up for the weekend guys \:)/ ()o

Maria

Post by Maria »

Day 36 those Shields were needed ()o when is your London trip Exiled?

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

Day 56. A very good morning to you Cherry, Lynn, Exhiled and Maria.

I’m feeling very good this morning and I’m glad to see that everyone is staying strong. The last few weeks have been a challenge for all of us and there can be a tendency to wobble after we’ve succeeded tough times, I’ve seen it happens many a time. As you know I relapsed at the 2 year mark........what a dope 😡😡

Anyway a day pottering around the house, getting myself organised for skiing next Friday and generally relaxing at home. I’ve got an extremely positive mindset at the moment. There is a lot of publicity around about the harmful effects of alcohol. Some guy called Professor Nutt (love that name) has written a lot about the negative effects and the impact on society today. Everything we know about alcohol but sadly it never makes headline news........the Corporates and government have too much to lose if it was shown for what it is. Undoubtedly would not be legalised if only discovered now and the effect on our well being is at endemic proportions. I guess as long as I know and understand and more importantly accept the horrendous consequences of drinking alcohol that is the most important thing. Our consumption in the UK alone has a doubled since the 1960’s a frightening figure.

Anyway stats and rant over, have a happy Sunday <:)>

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 »

Hi guys day 64 here, hope everyone getting thru the weekend ok
Great info Leslans, good to hear someone is shining a light on the evils of the demon drink.....so happy to not be included in those stats!
I've had a lovely 2 week break....back to walking & training doggies again tomorrow...glad to be returning to work with a very sober head on \:)/ Been feeling very pleased with myself today to have stayed strong over the holidays & we should all give each other a virtual high five for doing so well \:)/ (::)
Have a great week all x

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

Just looking back at my posts and I relapsed at day 610. Why oh why. I won’t do it this time <:)>

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

Yes you read that correctly 610 (w)

Maria

Post by Maria »

I did nearly 600.a couple of years ago Leslans,just shows we can do it ;)?
Your doing marvellously Cherry, must be most of the second half of last year dry
Day 36 here \:)/

Leslans

Post by Leslans »

Morning. Yes I remember Maria. Crazy isn’t it. I learned so much from that spell my longest ever. The main thing I learned that no matter how long you remain sober, nothing changes when you go back to it. What has changed for me is I’m starting to realise what alcohol really is and what it does to all of us. Instead of hiding away from my life I’m embracing it and looking forward to things. This weekend for example. I’m away skiing Friday to Monday. Normally it would have involved lots of wine after skiing. I’m too old for the wild apres these days, but it I would still have involved lots of wine. You see I had the wine down in my mind as something which enhanced the whole experience. A meal in a restaurant with a roaring fire, feeling mellow and warm inside. Bollocks. I would enjoy a couple of beers, then wine and more wine and then feel very tired, and have an awful headache the next day which would sap me of energy.

So day 57 and feeling good........except starting diet as currently can’t fasten ski pants (w) (w)