Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Re: The Two and Three Month Challenge

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 25 Nov 2019 20:34

Thanks for birthday wishes and support about party means a lot.
Dougal I hope you feel better soon you are doing so well to stay sober through all this stuff inspirational
Macintosh London sounds awesome nice to have some adventures alcohol free. You too are racking up some serious numbers impressive.
I’ve been inspired by you too to take up riding again haven’t ridden for 20 years but saw an itison deal at a local stables and I’ve signed up. Excited and terrified in equal measures!!!
Cherry you’ll be back in 2 monthers in no time
Keep on guys nice to have you on this journey side by side.
JJ
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Dalai Lama

Cherry10
Last Drink Date: 02 Nov 2019

Post by Cherry10 » 27 Nov 2019 14:41

Mackintosh wrote:
25 Nov 2019 09:47
:\: morning all.
Had a couple of days away in London. Went to the Royal Albert Hall, was amazing. Oxford street shopping yesterday and visited the Animals in War memorial....brought a tear to my eye.
Glad your preparations for the party are going well, I ended up doing very little for my 50th a few years ago but hey ho.
It's difficult isn't it seeing old friends who always knew you as a drinker and cannot understand why you're not drinking, have a few of those conversations to get through myself.
Hoping everyone is well.
Day 77
Doing amazing Mackintosh! (::) see you on here in a few days

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 » 27 Nov 2019 14:42

Jj123 wrote:
25 Nov 2019 20:34
Thanks for birthday wishes and support about party means a lot.
Dougal I hope you feel better soon you are doing so well to stay sober through all this stuff inspirational
Macintosh London sounds awesome nice to have some adventures alcohol free. You too are racking up some serious numbers impressive.
I’ve been inspired by you too to take up riding again haven’t ridden for 20 years but saw an itison deal at a local stables and I’ve signed up. Excited and terrified in equal measures!!!
Cherry you’ll be back in 2 monthers in no time
Keep on guys nice to have you on this journey side by side.
JJ
Thanks JJ hope you have an amazing birthday party. \:)/
See you on here very soon

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 » 27 Nov 2019 14:44

Dougal wrote:
25 Nov 2019 11:35
Hello all,
I’m sorry to not have wished you JJ a very happy 50th on the right day! Party sounds great, if anything like the ‘do’ situations that I’ve been in - people tend to not even notice what you’re drinking. You might have a few questions but then you get left alone whilst they get stuck into the wine etc on offer. I find I’m much more able to be chatty and fun, sober as I can think clearly! It’s a revelation! And you’ll remember everything, and that’s priceless!
It’s all a bit yeuck in my life with one thing and another (hip mostly) and my cold has turned into sinusitis hence my silence! I’m also in a hip brace thing and under orders to do as little as possible for 4 weeks then physio.......no horse riding until the 20 something of Jan when I see the hip man again! I’m so upset this has all happened but I will get well, fit and strong In the future. What I really don’t want is to drink, I’m starting to think I may never do so again. I’ve been to my local pub a couple of times and drank AF beer - there’s been a bit of sniggering but mostly people get on with tucking into their own pints and leave me alone.....and I can hold sensible conversations with anyone, it’s a revelation!
Went to see my neddy compete yesterday under his temp pro rider (dressage) They won both their classes with good scores! He was clipped and plaited beautifully, looked absolutely stunning. He’s a big lad and a real head turner anyway, I was so proud, especially as I started this horse from a 4 yr old.
So much to look forward to, just a rather large bump in the road to get over for a while yet!
Hope you all have a great week, thanks for all being here.
Big hugs all round. <:)>
Hey Dougal life can be sooo rubbish at times right! But you are staying strong & that's amazing <:)>

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 28 Nov 2019 12:32

Hi there rather damp and yuk here today.
Great to hear from you cherry....you're doing so well \:)/
Hope you're beginning to feel a little better Dougal.
Swimming later and dinner with my folks.
Day 80 \:)/
Sobriety is not an anchor, it's a pair of wings.

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 28 Nov 2019 21:43

Hope swim and dinner good Macintosh?
When do you join us cherry?
Day 59 2 sleeps til party.
Excited
JJ
Dalai Lama

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 29 Nov 2019 07:02

Day 60
Party tomorrow
Soo excited. Off work for 10 days now sooo looking forward to some r and r. Bit of pampering now then up to hotel where some of my best friends are coming for a pre birthday party meal. Tomorrow will be spent at hairdresser and beautician. This is something I never do normally to keen to start the “celebrations “ early ie early fizz before everyone arrives. This party weekend is going to be so different full of early morning breakfasts and dog walks in the crisp highland air and being full of thanks for my wonderful friends and family.
Then up north to visit my lovely dad who is in a nursing home with dementia to enjoy birthday cake and living in the moment. Going in this journey is strangely like learning to live with a loved one with dementia. Enjoying the now is so important.
Feeling hopeful excited and if I’d honest nervous all my emotions feel very intense but bring it on.
Thanks Macintosh dougal and cherry for being there. I hope you guys have a good weekend
JJ
Dalai Lama

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 01 Dec 2019 02:44

Well I did it. Lying in bed at 240 am buzzing from what was the most amazing day and night. I’m so blessed with such wonderful friends and family and do happy to be fully present through the whole day.
Had my af Prosecco behind the bar and the lovely barman kept my glass topped up the whole night. It felt awesome and just spent the last hour chilling with my 13 yr old son reflecting on the wonderful evening after everyone else had gone to bed. I will never forget that hour and sobriety gave me that gift. Today it truly was better being sober.
Worst part of the evening taking 45 minutes to get my contact lenses out with newly applied false nails!!!
Thanks for all your support guys.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 01 Dec 2019 09:55

So pleased for you Jj what a great achievement \:)/
Must get some of that AF Prosecco what a fab idea.
As for the contact lenses, I feel your pain 😑
Nothing to report here a quiet weekend.
Enjoy Sunday everyone!
Day 83

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 01 Dec 2019 21:52

Thanks Macintosh tired now but happy
Day 62.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 » 01 Dec 2019 21:54

Hey guys I made it back here...day 29 \:)/
So pleased you had an amazing AF birthday JJ well done (::)
Mackintosh 83 days is superb!
Happy to be back on this challenge. I have learned that starting over is tough but doable

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 01 Dec 2019 21:56

Yeah cherry great to see you you are awesome
JJ
Dalai Lama

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 » 02 Dec 2019 12:20

Morning all
Happy Monday day 30 \:)/

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 02 Dec 2019 13:04

Hi cherry
Fantastic day 30
I’ve just had a twelve hour sleep busy weekend
Just about to take the dogs out and then visit my sister. I’ve got a weeks holiday to see my dad and other family so looking forward to some quality time.
Day 63 feel the party was a big milestone but had big urges last night. Luckily no alcohol in rental cottage. Has anyone else noticed that when you manage something tough that’s when you are at most risk of slipping gave me a bit of a fright.
Anyway today is another day it’s all learning
How are you Macintosh and dougal?
JJ
Dalai Lama

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 » 03 Dec 2019 19:26

Hi everyone day 31 \:)/
I know what you mean JJ. I think the brain is wired to expect a reward when we achieve something & for us it's alcohol. I felt the same when I got past 3 weeks AF!
Hope everyone had a good day

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 03 Dec 2019 19:53

Thanks cherry
Helps to know I’m not alone in those feelings. Day 64 done felt better today 9 weeks done and dusted.
Deep breath and keep on keeping on.
Hope everyone had a good day.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh » 04 Dec 2019 18:33

Hi Jj and good to see you Cherry.
Feeling low tonight....the thought of heading to the supermarket for a bottle did cross my mind but I think I've managed to quash that. Just need to stay focused.

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 04 Dec 2019 20:41

Well done Macintosh hang in there you are wracking up the day. Keep on.
JJ
Dalai Lama

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 05 Dec 2019 08:52

Hi cherry Macintosh and Dougal
Hope you are better today Macintosh scary how the urges come from nowhere. So glad you held strong.
Dougal how’s the hip and sinuses?
Cherry you are rocking it how are you feeling coming up to the festive period?
Today I’m off to see my dad you lives In a Nursing home and has dementia this is normally a huge trigger as I find it so hard he doesn’t recognize me now and I miss him so much. Also visited my mums grave yesterday. However have my lovely dogs here with me so will run back to my rental cottage get the fire on and give them a cuddle. It’s hard to experience difficult things without turning to our old fAithful crutch isn’t it.
Take care guys
Do you know if there is a Challenge between this one and a year I see there is a six month one but not used?
JJ
Dalai Lama

Cherry10

Post by Cherry10 » 05 Dec 2019 21:36

Mackintosh wrote:
04 Dec 2019 18:33
Hi Jj and good to see you Cherry.
Feeling low tonight....the thought of heading to the supermarket for a bottle did cross my mind but I think I've managed to quash that. Just need to stay focused.
Hey Mackintosh hope you made it thru your low moment? Stay strong you are doing so well <:)>