The Six Month Challenge

mai

Re: The Six Month Challenge

Post by mai »

Mr H is two weeks today \:)/ \:)/ YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for the lack of pizzazz - I am on a different computer :oops:
Morning Tattybear- your evening sounded lovely girlie - enjoy your quiet day :D
Mai
xxx
Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it..
Scars remind us where we’ve been. They don’t have to dictate where we’re going

girlfromaus
Last Drink Date: 10 Oct 2014

Post by girlfromaus »

Hugs ladies.

Trying to remember the English name for a Bogan.

How would you describe them ladies? Ugg boot wearing. Erm....
While I breathe I hope

girlfromaus

Post by girlfromaus »

Hope your bottom is okay Tatt. Tee hee.

Hmm, I will leave the definition of Bogan to the proper Aussies.
While I breathe I hope

BAM
Last Drink Date: 26 Apr 2011

Post by BAM »

Pineapple <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)>

All my love BAM xx

Tatt

Post by Tatt »

GFA, I am well known for my bowels of steel! :oops:

Bogan...this is what Wiki says: The term bogan is Australian slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for an individual who is recognised to be from a lower class background or someone whose limited education, speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplifies such a background.[1]

Does that mean CHAV then?? ()o

WELL DONE Mr H two weeks in YAY! (::)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Hydrate
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-2012

Post by Hydrate »

Hi all,

Pajero - I've vaulted to this thread, for the simple reason that it's the best one, although I keep dipping my toe in whichever thread is correct time-wise for me. So - two weeks down, I'll be slipping into the 3 week thread tomorrow, although it seems very quiet there.

Hi OE - those cocktails sound delicious. Look foward to hearing more about the holiday. Mood elevation from walks - yes - sustained gentle aerobic work should definitely invoke brighter moods.

Does anyone want to take on the role of AF cocktail artist? (I believe, it's a mixologist).

14 days in fully restored from cold, and actually looking forward to the clocks changing, and nice cozy evenings.

Pineapple - how is your son? And how are you?

Mai - the Pzazz is lovely thank you. Is Monday evening just a distant memory now?

Stay strong all,
Mr H.
It's never too late to be who you might have been (George Eliot)

pandora321

Post by pandora321 »

Bogan...this is what Wiki says: The term bogan is Australian slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for an individual who is recognised to be from a lower class background or someone whose limited education, speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplifies such a background.
girlfromaus wrote:Hugs ladies.

Trying to remember the English name for a Bogan.

How would you describe them ladies? Ugg boot wearing. Erm....
EH???? Ive got some UGG boots i love them!!! What you trying to say GFA!!!! :o

Morning everyone... Welcome back Pajero & OE

2 WEEKS MR H!!!!!!
\:)/ (::) <:)> ;)? :D

Sorry its not my normal over the top fire work embedded stuff ... I'm a little upset that GFA has called me a CHAV/Bogan :shock: !!!!! :evil:
Have faith in your own recovery....

74 in the 2013 challenge

cazzzm
Last Drink Date: 31 Dec 2015

Post by cazzzm »

Yes, pandora, but do you wear them to the shopping centre as a fashion statement?

pandora321

Post by pandora321 »

I wear them to keep my tootsies warm... It be very could oop north...

74 in the 2013 challenge

Oldenough2knowbetter
Last Drink Date: 01 May 2011

Post by Oldenough2knowbetter »

Tatt wrote:Hello OE and welcome back!! you have been missed m'dear. Sent you a PM but think you have answered all my queries in your post, should have read that first, sorry, :oops:
Hope everyone will have a good day <:)> <:)> <:)>
You are about to be bored then cos I read my pm's first and have re-answered your questions haha!

Xx
"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." [Christopher Robin to Pooh]

KraftyKat
Last Drink Date: 28 Jun 2020

Post by KraftyKat »

Sorry it's a bit late but wanted to send congratulations to Mai!!!!!
Well done - a brilliant achievement (::) (::) (::) (::)
xx KK
One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time.
Nancy Astor

pandora321

Post by pandora321 »

Morning OE glad you had a lovely break in the sun :D The cocktails sound yummy!.

Cazz i must admit i did wonder why UGG boot were made in Australia..... I'm one of those daft people who assumes OZ is always warm and sunny...I also found it bizarre that some girls around here wear them in the summer... :? Anyhoo not to worry is just me being daft ... I tend to get that way when i'm hurting the most.

Pineapple hope you and your Boy are going from strength to strength... On my last meeting with my daughter she told me she was being targeted by a certain girl for no reason at school.. I felt completely powerless especially because of our living arrangements, I remember i had extremely strong EAF whispers that evening because my biggest trigger is emotional upset & hurt.... So well done you staying so strong at such an immensely difficult time it isn't easy <:)>

Lol Rag's hmmm I now live in private accomodation and the violence has gone with the booze :)

74 in the 2013 challenge

girlfromaus

Post by girlfromaus »

Hi KK and all.

Pan I wear mine at home. A bogan would wear them on a night out. Bit touchy there Kazz ;)
While I breathe I hope

pajero
Last Drink Date: 31 Dec 2011

Post by pajero »

Thanks for the welcome everyone! :D
Well done hydrate on 2 weeks AF!! great going! ;)? I like the sound of AF cocktails too!

Pan, I think ugg boots are made in Aus cos we have plenty of sheep to make them out of! ;)

Public holiday today as we have HRH here with us. Tomorrow there is an enormous community bbq event and bets are on as to whether Her Majesty will take a piece of bread, a snagger, some onion, cover the lot with tomato sauce and eat it! or perhaps Phil will flip a burger or two? (::)

Been a good day for me. Sunshine, gardening, lunch with my best friend.

Have a great day everyone!

Pajero x

Oldenough2knowbetter

BE, when are you next seeing the physio? Did you ask whether walking should be ok and do you have any other specific exercises to do?

Oh I do,so love to be right ()o so thank you for that.

Also, I love to nag you so glad you admitted you like it really haha!

Xx
"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." [Christopher Robin to Pooh]

Oldenough2knowbetter

Pineapple <:)> hmm three days suspension wouldn't cut it for me, I would imagine your boy will be off sick for longer than that?

Pandora, I'm afraid I didn't see the comment Zoe highlighted (i've been skimming thru for a general catch up) but I would join in with what Zoe and BE say. We're actually quite good at the sensitive stuff here as well as the lighter side of life <:)> so please do share if you want to.

BE, yes I think you should check with your physio re walking, maybe check what type of footwear would be best for you? Or maybe it might be better to break it up and do more, shorter stints? Definitely worth checking with him. As for your rut, I think it's time for one of cj's marvellous LISTS! Go on - you know you want to... And you know it'll help :D <:)>

Pajero (lovely name btw) , so sorry, I omitted to say hello and welcome from me (must have left my manners in lanzarote :oops: ). So hello and welcome from me \:)/

Here is my tale I referred to earlier... Me and oh went for dinner on our own one evening, to an Italian restaurant - turned out to be just like Fawlty Towers (it even had its very own Manuel :D ). The owner was particularly stressed, I imagine not all his waiters turned up or something. So there was just him and Manuel, and it was clear that Manuel was not usually a waiter. All was going well until our starters, when we spotted him trying to give our starters to any other table (he was sort of standing in the middle of the restaurant looking confused, offering this plate of food to one table after another). Every so often the owner would come and have a go at him. Halfway through our starter, oh asked the owner for a glass of red wine. Response: "in a minute!" this probably loses a lot in translation but it was really funny. Five minutes later, Manuel appeared again, with a fully loaded tray of drinks, looking confused and shouting "Tinto? Tinto?" I told oh he'd better claim it quick, so Manuel gratefully handed it over. Next it was "biere? Biere?" and so on. Everyone in the restaurant was having a right giggle. When the owner presented the family behind us with their main course, the lady asked if she could have a coke, and a rocket salad. The owner said "coke, yes" and the lady said "and a rocket salad?". Response: "rocket?". The lady said "yes, some salad? Rocket? Leaves?". Response: "no." and then he walked off back into the kitchen :lol: . The other funny bit was when a family arrived and after about five minutes, the owner presented their son with a very sharp knife. They all looked very bemused and eventually the dad shrugged and told his son to take it (they didn't realise the owner had dropped one of the knives when he was delivering the plates and cutlery earlier, so he was actually just replacing it, but it was the way he just handed this small boy a big steak knife... Priceless...). I'm afraid all of this won't seem as funny when I write it, I lack mai's literary skills but I've had a giggle remembering it as I write, anyway...

Xx

Oldenough2knowbetter

http://www.alcoholfree.co.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I found this site whilst browsing. They sell all sorts of alcohol free drinks. Some are quite expensive (if you're comparing them to normal booze) but they have some really interesting stuff (blueberry sparkle, anyone?)... And I thought it might be of interest to anyone worrying about an AF Christmas.

I am thinking about saving some pennies and trying some...

Xx
Last edited by Oldenough2knowbetter on 28 Oct 2011 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

CJ
Last Drink Date: 22 May 2011

Post by CJ »

Thanks OE some good ideas for christmas there, I have added it to my favourites. Nice to have you back by the way x
"My urge is never to have just a glass even if the EAF pretends it is, my urge is to get wasted. When I am getting urges like that it is impossible for me to kid myself that I no longer have a problem." Pineapple

Oldenough2knowbetter

Thanks cj \:)/ Nice to be back - on this site that is, not the UK!

Xx

girlfromaus

Post by girlfromaus »

I resemble that comment Rags ;)

Morning all.

Well done Mr H.

Have read everyone but will have to get back on my laptop for a proper answer.

Super hugs to my mate Pazz and everyone else :)
While I breathe I hope